Trial Thread 4/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raveena Aulakh/Torstar News Service

London, Ontario — After Michael Rafferty was first interviewed by investigators in the disappearance of Tori Stafford, he tried to get a rental car saying he did not want to be hassled by police.

I'm wondering if the real reason for him not using his car is that perhaps after he got interviewed by police he may have thought his plates would be in the system. He told his date that he didn't want use it because Honda Civics attraced too much attention from police.

In my opinion he wouldn't use his own car because it stuck out like a sore thumb. All his lady friends would recognize him in his own vehicle and see him with other women.

good evening all. You are able to take it over the border, we do it all the time to save the wear and tear on the car and also it was safer knpwing if you broke down u didnt have to worry about being in another country in your broken down car

I wonder if MTR had drug contacts across the border. If he went across the border the americans would still arrest him for Canada if a warrant put out, but if he stayed under the radar ie doing illegal stuff then I guess running to the states might have been a plan to get away. JMO

good evening all. You are able to take it over the border, we do it all the time to save the wear and tear on the car and also it was safer knpwing if you broke down u didnt have to worry about being in another country in your broken down car

My stepfather takes rented cars over the border all the time for his job. As he only has an old jeep that my mother uses at home.

Especially scary, since we have heard that MTR was mad that Tori was too old.

Had MTR done bad things before?

One wonders, especially if they seen those pictures from one of his social media accounts, that has him holding the little girl at the wedding, and her body language and facial expressions are such, that you KNOW she does NOT want to be with him AT ALL.

JMO

Funny that you should say that because that is exactly what I interpreted from her body language as well!!!!

I wonder if MTR had drug contacts across the border. If he went across the border the americans would still arrest him for Canada if a warrant put out, but if he stayed under the radar ie doing illegal stuff then I guess running to the states might have been a plan to get away. JMO

That's what Bernardo did but it was cigarettes

So who would've in this case? His mom?

Speculation:

There may have been a few people who knew his passwords on his email/facebook accounts etc. (he had 7 girlfriends after April 8th, that we know of so far!), or he could have instructed them to deactivate the account from jail.

But, I am sure if this was the case, we likely would have heard about it during testimony. LE would know from the IP address that his account was accessed, if not at that time, they would now.

If Rafferty was behind bars when 1 or more his accounts were accessed, LE would know.

JMO MOO

<modsnip>

I am curious as to what happens next, more witnesses? What chapter is next? Should we assume that the defense is next?

I really am curious as to see what witnesses he brings forth. His mother?

Raveena Aulakh/Torstar News Service

London, Ontario — After Michael Rafferty was first interviewed by investigators in the disappearance of Tori Stafford, he tried to get a rental car saying he did not want to be hassled by police.

I'm wondering if the real reason for him not using his car is that perhaps after he got interviewed by police he may have thought his plates would be in the system. He told his date that he didn't want use it because Honda Civics attraced too much attention from police.

Yeah, having the cops knowing about his car made it hard for him to sell drugs too.MOO

Like a lot of the Crown presentation........I really don't think it will matter either way.....because I think the defense will concede MR cleaned up the murder scene and tried to appear uninvolved with the crime thereafter.

If MR deleted the data because he was hiding evidence or sending his phone away and didn't know if he would get it back.........is neither here nor there, if the defense admits his participation in the cleanup etc.

All those women he met after the crime, trips shopping, planned trips to the US, phone calls, clothing,.......may be reprehensible conduct, but are all meaningless if he admits to participating in the cleanup etc.

The Crown spent a lot of time trying to prove things they probably won't have to prove.........and already know this..........but they still have to proceed in full anyways, because they can't be sure what the defense will do, until they do it.

Personally, I don't think we have heard the last of a target abduction.

There was lots of information available from news media reports from that time, and I would think Mr.Derstine will make full use of the information contained in them.

Derstine has no restraints placed on him from website TOS, publication bans, or hurt feelings. He can use any resources he needs to defend his client.

I would not be surprised that when the defense takes over................

The gloves come off.............

JMO...............

Oh no oh no! I am trying to fight it back but I cannot!!!!

If the gloves dont fit you must acquit.

Sorry ... but it had to be said lol!

Why is his past such a mystery and secret?
No media reports, he declined to talk about his past with the women in his life? What is it that he's hiding?

Why is his past such a mystery and secret?
No media reports, he declined to talk about his past with the women in his life? What is it that he's hiding?

Exactly what is he hiding. Also what could he have done in the past that could have caused his family disappointment? What layers is he referring to? Why the secret life?

Oh no oh no! I am trying to fight it back but I cannot!!!!

If the gloves dont fit you must acquit.

Sorry ... but it had to be said lol!

OMG that phrase has been going through my head since this trial started...I've yet to see much evidence other than one speck of blood which does prove TS was in the car and a few video's ...no other evidence that he did the deed...we have to thank old Johnny C. for that.."if the glove don't fit"...that will go down in the annals of crime for sure.... I think MR may be looking at, at the most 10-15 yrs...and it could just be that they score a 2nd degree out of this...he has to receive something for the fact he was there at the scene....JMO I wonder what sneakly Dirk has up his sleeve...will be interesting of that I am sure....or it could be duds like the crown has shown to date...(well I have to give them credit for the video's etc.) I wonder which reporter will have the first book out once this is all over with.... JMO I must admit I was not gobsmacked with any of the past few days events and I can't embellish them to fit "he is guilty as charged... the info I heard over the course of these days would probably fit any number of guys like MR if truth were known....

Exactly what is he hiding. Also what could he have done in the past that could have caused his family disappointment? What layers is he referring to? Why the secret life?

If a person had a record as a young offender, is it automatically sealed or erased. Do they need to apply to have it removed from their record? Not saying MR had a record, just looking for info.
So many questions to ask the COs tomorrow. :)

"Much more revealing, much more difficult to explain, was Mr. Rafferty’s rabbit-like behaviour after he purportedly got the shock of his life on April 8.

As he confessed in the “About me” Facebook section, “I wear my heart on my sleve and sometimes that can be my downfall.”

No dear: That wasn’t your heart on your sleeve, or rather sleve: It was a picture of your exceptionally busy penis.

Well, everyone does react differently to being horrified."

Christie Blatchford strikes again... I wish she she was a prosecutor.

Tuesday came another one, 29-year-old Jessica Meloche.
She met Mr. Rafferty on Plenty of Fish on April 12 (four days after his purported moment of horror), and soon he was spending most weekends at her place. It was he, she said, who proposed they see one another exclusively, and she agreed, unaware that he was also seeing another woman, Sarah Hodge, almost every day about that time, making connections and having coffee dates with other women, and, in his fashion, wining and dining a lucky few.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...r-toris-death-rafferty-turned-to-promiscuity/

There, he demonstrated himself to be a thoroughly modern fellow &#8211; illiterate, vacuous and narcissistic &#8211; even if he used enough capital letters and LOLs (short for laugh out loud) and OMGs (short for omigod) to have passed for one of his younger paramours.
&#8220;I love camping and value friends more than life it&#8217;s self, lol,&#8221; he wrote there. &#8220;If that means anything.&#8221;
Under &#8220;interests,&#8221; he blathered on at misspelled length. &#8220;And culture to the max with me,&#8221; he wrote. &#8220;I want to learn as much as I can all the time about other people and there culture.&#8221; He claimed to love Grey&#8217;s Anatomy, CSI and Survivor, as well as several cooking shows, fitting for a fellow who claimed to have a &#8220;master&#8217;s&#8221; in culinary arts (he also told various women he had a kinesiology degree, taught ballroom dancing, and to have had his own contracting company).

LMAO at this. JMO

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...r-toris-death-rafferty-turned-to-promiscuity/

"Much more revealing, much more difficult to explain, was Mr. Rafferty’s rabbit-like behaviour after he purportedly got the shock of his life on April 8.

As he confessed in the “About me” Facebook section, “I wear my heart on my sleve and sometimes that can be my downfall.”

No dear: That wasn’t your heart on your sleeve, or rather sleve: It was a picture of your exceptionally busy penis.

Oh, my. She does call it like it is. Wow.

I presume it was 7 a.m. on April 8, 2009 MTR was querying AL on FB.

dynamic_resize

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/18/19650476.html#next

I love CB!!

BBM

Most of the women seem to have been wowed by him, and to have found him to be all that he said he was, for instance, on his Facebook profile.

There, he demonstrated himself to be a thoroughly modern fellow – illiterate, vacuous and narcissistic – even if he used enough capital letters and LOLs (short for laugh out loud) and OMGs (short for omigod) to have passed for one of his younger paramours.

“I love camping and value friends more than life it’s self, lol,” he wrote there. “If that means anything.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member