Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he is squeaky clean, the talk about his infidelity would make his in-laws less than impressed ...

its also important to note that in all probability her parents likely DO think he did it! Hell, most people who know anything about this case think he did it! if they really knew something that pointed the finger....well, lets just say if it were my daughter's funeral and her probable murderer was there, I would rip his mother%^$##ing head off his mother*&^$ing narrow, gutless shoulders...NOTHING would stop me!! i'm sure you all agree

LOL my first laugh about this case.

And very true, you know when you do drama class they tell you to think back to something painful to help with the tears, maybe that helped.

hahaha funny:floorlaugh:

If this is correct (and I do suspect it probably is, as they are obsessed about those cars) - then I think our comrade Hawkins was correct in one of his earlier posts about this.

It is highly likely that the police have plenty of circumstantial evidence, enough to make an arrest. However, it may only enough to support a manslaughter charge/conviction. I think they are looking for an extra piece of the puzzle to irrefutably put the killer away for murder - for a verrrrrrry long time.

I think this should give us comfort as we so desperately wait for news of an arrest and some answers to this tragedy. It may take a while, but it will be worth it in the end as they are being so measured and meticulous.

I agree... back in Thread 1 Maverick.au said the Police knew who did it. We speculate, have our own opinions and post what 'friends of friends' said - and some of these things have been true.

A few of Maverick.au's statements made me think he was actually DS Mark Ainsworth!!!! (whom I think is doing a fantastic job) But he's gone AWOL.
No one has actually admitted to seeing the murderer carry out this horrible deed - so if all you have is weak circumstantial evidence, would you chance taking it to court? the SOB may engage a top notch barrister, and get off.
So, get as much evidence as you can, control the snippets you let out - make them sweat. Who knows - now we may have a possible accomplish - if the heat is on, they may point a finger to save their own skin; then you have the creep banged to rights! (I hope!!) Of course they know who did it IMO

:jail:

I remember a few days ago some were asking a hypothetical question around life insurance payouts when someone has been murdered.

I have not been able to find a definitive answer from Australia, but here is a paragraph from an American website insure.com

Sorting out the life insurance beneficiaries
So what happens to the life insurance money when a murderous beneficiary is barred from collecting it?
According to Dolan, the money in those cases will go to a "contingent beneficiary," such as a child or a relative, named in the life insurance policy. In cases where there are no contingent beneficiaries -- or if those beneficiaries were also part of the murder plot -- the insurance company usually asks a court to decide who gets the death benefit, Dolan says.

Australia is similar in so many ways to the States, so I am hoping that the above would apply here should GBC be involved in some way. I am sure a court would favour the children if that situation occured. I would like those girls to be able to achieve everything their mother would have wanted for them.

its also important to note that in all probability her parents likely DO think he did it! Hell, most people who know anything about this case think he did it! if they really knew something that pointed the finger....well, lets just say if it were my daughter's funeral and her probable murderer was there, I would rip his mother%^$##ing head off his mother*&^$ing narrow, gutless shoulders...NOTHING would stop me!! i'm sure you all agree

Absolutely!:maddening::maddening:

I know we are all impatient; imagine how Allison’s family feels.

The police are working very hard on this case and an arrest will happen when the time is right.

Spare a thought for the dedicated police/detectives and their supporting families who do know the truth. Please remember these detectives have seen things we could never imagine. When we close our eyes at night we think about Allison, imagine the thoughts that go through these detectives minds.

Well said. Think Policing is often a thankless job. big thumbs up to QPS.

I'm just catching up on the last few pages, and while googling images of today's funeral, I saw this pic from the video and all my thoughts of his innocence went out the window.

I admit today after seeing him with their daughters at the hearse, the grief looked so real, and I had a moment where I thought that he could truly be innocent, but of course today would have been hard. Also as others have mentioned, he is truly in the public eye today and cannot escape it.

One article mentioned earlier today that there was no sign of Gerard yet at the funeral....till nearly an hour later when he was first mentioned....
for any of you that were there, or that managed to see the live streaming somehow... did you see him arrive? Or was he late???

It was reported he arrived at the back door didn't have the balls to arrive at the front

Allison Baden-Clay's flaws recalled as fondly as her features. No pet goldfish safe .. And she disliked excercise. - Shane Doherty on Twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/ShaneDoherty_9

"And She Disliked Exercise"......IMO, this is very telling!

Hey I have family members who really dislike exercise too..hate it. But they walk regularly to keep their weight in check. Not saying Allison needed to do that. but disliking exercise doen't mean you don't walk regularly.

The police havent issued a cause of death, that doesnt mean that they dont know it.

Of course. There has obviously been an autopsy done, which should report on possible cause(s) of injury / death. Is there a coroner's inquest to happen?

It would seem the police are dotting the "i" s and crossing the "t"s.

That's what's making me pissed off atm. I see the grim determination on her parents' faces and realise I don't have an inkling of the anger and anguish that they must have endured today, and during this whole unholy fiasco.

150101-allison-baden-clay.jpg

sorry to play devils advocate again.. Please don't shoot me lol. But they may also could know something that made the finger point elsewhere..just saying. cause we don't know. but i agree her dad looks a broken man in the pic that was posted.

Hey I have family members who really dislike exercise too..hate it. But they walk regularly to keep their weight in check. Not saying Allison needed to do that. but disliking exercise doen't mean you don't walk regularly.
I totally agree...was just wondering why whoever said it would specificallly say that she disliked exercise..not something that I would think is important to say at a funeral, especially about someone who was a high achiever and who obviously had a very colourful life from which anectodes could have been taken.

unless there was a another intention for purposely saying this.....

What got me thinking is that someone else had also mentioned on this site that they had heard that she was not a regular walker....

I could be totallly wrong and maybe my imagination is getting ahead of me....

Definately looked to be no comfort offered to him. His mother just makes my skin crawl her hard cold face. Olivia it seems is deeply affected, poor woman to be part of this family. Allison's family are just amazing, I know I couldn't find it in myself to play along with this charade, how incredibly hard for them.

I totally agree...was just wondering why whoever said it would specificallly say that she disliked exercise..not something that I would think is important to say at a funeral, especially about someone who was a high achiever and who obviously had a very colourful life from which anectodes could have been taken.

unless there was a another intention for purposely saying this.....

What got me thinking is that someone else had also mentioned on this site that they had heard that she was not a regular walker....

I could be totallly wrong and maybe my imagination is getting ahead of me....
Oh, ok. It is slightly odd to me, when Allison had been a dancer to say she didn't like exercise.

Becoming a member of the Ballet group at such a young age and being involved so heavily at school in all the extra curricula activities would not suggest she hated exercise but maybe the idea that now she had no outlet for her strengths dance and choreography that she walked to keep herself in shape which was an activity she did for her health rather than enjoyment.

It was reported he arrived at the back door didn't have the balls to arrive at the front

Yeah the dickies were there very early, the BC's all came in together just prior to the commencement

I agree... back in Thread 1 Maverick.au said the Police knew who did it. We speculate, have our own opinions and post what 'friends of friends' said - and some of these things have been true.

A few of Maverick.au's statements made me think he was actually DS Mark Ainsworth!!!! (whom I think is doing a fantastic job) But he's gone AWOL.
No one has actually admitted to seeing the murderer carry out this horrible deed - so if all you have is weak circumstantial evidence, would you chance taking it to court? the SOB may engage a top notch barrister, and get off.
So, get as much evidence as you can, control the snippets you let out - make them sweat. Who knows - now we may have a possible accomplish - if the heat is on, they may point a finger to save their own skin; then you have the creep banged to rights! (I hope!!) Of course they know who did it IMO

:jail:

I can guarantee Mark is not posting on here, Mark and many other detectives are very busy with this case. They would barely have time to spend with their families right now, they are not AWOL more like hard at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital