LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think that the internal turmoil with the suit that's just been brought against the chief has affected LPD's ability to function smoothly as a top-notch team on this case.

There does seem to be a lack of cohesion, but I'm far away. My perception could be very wrong.

If you go to 224 St. Landry on Google street view and head toward Circle K you quickly come across a pickup that pretty much matches the pic of one they're looking for. Has anybody seen that?

Better a gazillion threads than one long, clogged artery.

one problem with many small threads is that once you get behind its annoying when you cant quote someone because the thread you're on was closed and everyone else has moved to a new one.

According to Amanda, they think the bike was placed there the same day/early morning.

If you go to 224 St. Landry on Google street view and head toward Circle K you quickly come across a pickup that pretty much matches the pic of one they're looking for. Has anybody seen that?

Yeah there are a million of those around here. It was noticed already.

And who knows if this vehicle they are looking for has anything to do with her disappearance. So frustrating.

No updates on the official facebook page for 20 hours, compared to the 10 or 11 updates yesterday. :waitasec:

While the "Power of Social media" served it's role in spreading the word on the disappearence, it has likely become a hinderence to the police investigations. There is a good chance that, if the perp was local to the area, that they continuously browse the web page to get a feel for how close the investigators are getting.

To solve this problem, they instruct the posts to stop so they can pursue suspect with a required level of secrecy.

The same can be said for the official searches.

Y'know, i've been thinking... on the abduction angle - if Mickey was bumped & then accepted a ride - I don't think she'd have gotten into the truck if there were more than one occupant. If she did, it would be hard for that driver to subdue her while driving, unless it were at gunpoint.

To me, if it were planned, if she were bumped, chloroform may have been involved. Works quickly and if you get someone in a headlock, she could have been knocked out and in the truck w/ bike in 30 seconds flat.

http://www.findmickeynow.com/pic2.jpg

Above is the truck in question. It has been identified as a white 2007 or later Chevy z71. It was following Mickey on St Landry. The owner has not come forward.

http://www.findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg

This is also a white Chevy z71. It drove east on St Landry soon after Mickey and the first Chevey drove west. Are they the same truck? That seems to be a fundimental question. We definitly get a better view of this truck and are able to identify more details. I do not claim to be a "car guy" but it does look to be a mid to late 2000s Chevy Silverado Crew Cab with a distinctive gas cap cover. I would think that an expert with better copies of the photo could tell if they are the same, and if they are, be able to get a very clear description of the vehicle.

If they are the same, there can't be that many of that particular model in the Lafayette/Baton Rouge area. This would have been near $50K new and still worth around $25K. Even if the driver doesn't come forward, I'll bet the guy has plenty of friends or co-workers who know he drives that P/U. Someone will drop a dime on him soon enough.

If they are different, it might be harder to pin down the exact model making the haystack a little bigger to sort through. It will increase the chance of the driver of the east bound truck coming forward and he may have either seen something suspicious or just noticed a truck very similar to his passing him on St Landry.

At this point, I don't see how anyone who was driving a white Chevy z71 near the Circle K on St Landry that night around 1:40 AM is not aware that his truck has gotten famous.

Thats my agency. And of all the questions I asked, that's the only one that made it though...and they reworded it :\

I asked where the camera was specifically

I also inquired as to the quality of the video and the camera and whether or not it is constantly recording. But they won't answer that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine