VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

Every time I see that picture with her car backed into the barn, I get an eerie feeling knowing she once sat in that car.

Saw the ID Disappeared show about Brianna last night.
Based on the little I knew of Bri’s case while I followed Maura Murray's case, I thought Bri’s was simply the victim of drug related foul play.

After seeing the Disappeared, I have a different take…
In the show Bri's mom said two things that stuck in my noggin - (I’m paraphrasing everything) One was that her daughter had martial arts training, the other was that she is very trusting of people..
When Bri was sucker punched really hard in the face, her mother’s words about being too trusting came to mind.
Seeing where Bri’s car was and that she went there directly after work, I think she was setup, and “sucker punched” again.
After seeing so many of these shows, how often do we see that as a case goes cold there is mention of human trafficking, there are sightings of the missing person in distant places, and perhaps the victim owed drug dealers money.

Thinking like a Lt. Kenda of Homicide Hunter…
Human trafficking, and bad drug deal – don’t see it here. There was her un-cashed check was on the car seat.
Despite martial arts training, it's like she got sucker punched again.
Let’s ask the question - Is there anyone who would benefit by her not being around?
Let’s look at where and car was found, and when she parked it there – what does it tell us?
Where it was found is out of the way, a place where someone who wants to harm her would want to lure her to. Who could that person be, and was she too trusting of someone she should not have?
Of all the people mentioned on the show, only one had shown real violence toward her.
Let look at time she when where her car was found. Appears it was for a quick meeting, perhaps to work things out with someone - tricked into thinking a past discretion could be worked out?
After working one job, would she be looking to party knowing she had her next job in the morning – don’t think so.

I see the proverbial elephant in the room in terms of motive, violence toward her, benefit if she wasn’t around, and Bri being too trusting.
I just recently watched the Disappeared show also. It took me a while to get used to Lt. Kenda, and once I did, I'm disappointed there are no more new shows. I would like to see him get involved in this case. To me, it was eerie that her car was seen with the lights on, then just a blinker on, like somebody WANTED the car to be seen that way, or they were in a real hurry to get her out of it.

And the "reenactment" left me confused. One minute the necklace and coins were on the front passenger seat, and another it was on the ground. Wondering, did someone tear the necklace off and if so, why? Why the loose change? I think it might be drug related, that since she didn't have the money they may have wanted that she owed, they planned to 'pimp her out' to pay her debt.

Maybe Brianna's friend was going through an anger stage in grieving the missing, but it was sort of uncomfortable to watch her on the program saying how Brianna was always wanting attention. That seemed like blaming the attack at the party solely on Brianna. No one ever really said just how much drugs were being done either. All the drug talk seemed to stem from the two Black guys, and to me, they seemed more like a couple of players instead of pimps looking for sex slave prospects. Why couldn't a possibility be that some nut (maybe a jealous one) was in Brianna's back seat and forced her to drive to the farm house. If Brianna had filed charges on a violent male then disappeared before court everyone would be certain it was him. Maybe a mistake is being made in this just because a female was the one who had to show up at court. I wonder if some of the drug talk is exaggerated to try and take suspicion and attention away from the attack of Brianna. I think it's even a little suspicious that the girl went into a rage after Brianna left the party and got into a vehicle. Was someone adding to the fight and spreading gossip in that amount of time. Maybe the girl who punched her wasn't the only female angry and jealous.

I had never heard of Brianna's case until I watched Disappeared. I'm familiar with Maura Murray's case and I'm sorry to hear of Brianna's as well. Terrible that this case hasn't gotten more attention.

Danby is only 30 minutes away from Middletown Springs.

I also think the skull may be Laura Murray. I wrote an e_mail to Nancy grace the day the news of the skull came out mentioning both bRiannna Maitland and Laura Murray. My hope is that some national attention might move along the skull testing too that the parents could finally have some answers to the worst nightmare of their lives. I myself, have children and can not imagine the horror that these parents have all been through.

http://www.wcax.com/story/17193343/8-years-since-vt-teen-disappeared-after-work

MONTGOMERY, Vt. -
It was eight years ago Monday that a Vermont teenager disappeared without a trace and the case continues to baffle police.

Seventeen year-old Brianna Maitland was last seen leaving the Montgomery restaurant where she worked. Her car was found abandoned behind a barn the next day. Police at first considered the possibility that Maitland ran away, but later concluded that she was a victim of foul play. Eight years later, investigators say they continue to investigate leads and remain optimistic someone will come forward with new information.

It's crazy that the skull would be right on the side of the road though... I wonder if weather/animals could have brought it from the woods to the roadside? Or maybe the sicko murder finally decided it was safe to dump the remains (way less likely).

After 8 years I wonder how many leads or info still come in if any. 8 years is too long, I hope and pray somehow someway there will be some peace for her family and all those who still search and share her story to this day.

Does anyone know if all of Brianna's coworkers at the restaurant were checked out? Did any of them leave to go home instead of hanging around to party after the restaurant closed?

Does anyone know if all of Brianna's coworkers at the restaurant were checked out? Did any of them leave to go home instead of hanging around to party after the restaurant closed?

I wondered the same thing. I wondered about how many people at her job knew where she was going and to what extent, and if any of them may have been getting off work at the same time and maybe caught a ride with her that no one knows about.

If someone was in the car with her, maybe that explains why she ended up off the road. Maybe there was some sort of struggle or argument.

:bump:

Brianna, I still think of you a lot. I hope that the day you are brought home to your family comes soon. :heartbeat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back