James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Where have you been when I have been trying to explain to Chrishope why it's not absurd that they would stage to protect
Burke if he did it? He needs to read someone else's perspective rather than mine cuz he just couldn't see it...

Here, I pass the baton to you - you take over.... On the 'Are the Ramseys Involved' thread, if you please.... Or at least provide a thanks :)

I'm not saying it's absurd. I'm saying, in my mind, it's the least probable RDI theory.

I can't wait to read Kolar's book to see what he says about that.

Burke the adult needs to speak out, thats for sure.

His voice was heard on the 911 tape although his parents denied it. He needs to tell what happened that night.

He needs to honour his sister.

Jana, I'd like to point out that Burke wasn't a small child at the time of his sister's death. He was much taller than his little sister. There's a family photo around here somewhere (Grandpa and Grandma Paugh with the children) that was taken in a time period, December 1996, near JonBenet's death. The photo appears in the photo section of the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence" just next to page 179. Both children, JonBenet and Burke are standing and Burke is much taller than his sister. In fact, in the photo Burke is standing next to his grandpa and comes up to mid chest of his grandpa, who looks to be fairly tall himself.
No argument there, BR was quite a bit taller.

I do believe whoever hit JonBenet in the head did so in a rage. And possibly she was laying down and the person doing the hitting was standing above when they lashed out to quiet her when she screamed Christmas night. I do think that striking out in a rage can give the person more strengh.

I agree she was struck in anger. It makes a lot of difference what the murder weapon was. I can't really see BR being able to swing the flashlight hard enough to cause that kind of injury. Could be wrong, but it seems more likely to me that if BR cause the head injury he did it with a golf club or a bat.

From way back, I've been a BDI. I believe if Burke caused his sisters death, that would be the only reason the parents would stage a coverup to protect the person responsible and would not go to the trouble of covering for each other.

Patsy and John Ramsey had a standing in the community. They were wealthy and wanted everyone to know. They also were arrogrant and could not have lived with the fact their son was involved in the death of his younger sister. Even if the laws in Colorado at the time prevented a child that age from being charged or convicted in a crime of this type.

But if Burke did it, then the Rs, and Burke, will live with the fact that he was involved in death of his sister. They only thing they attempt to gain by staging is that the general public won't know he did it.

I suspect that friends and family already wonder about it, so what really has been achieved?

The staging tends to implicate the Rs. Life in prison is a pretty steep price to pay to prevent the general public from knowing that your son accidentally killed his sister.

There seems to be the notion that the Rs would do ANYTHING to prevent some public embarrassment. But I'm unwilling to go along with that POV. It seems to me the risk is out of all proportion to gain, and I don't believe JR got where he was by making fools choices.

I have to go to work now, so I don't have time to offer my thoughts on what would have happened had they simply called 911 and admitted that BDI.

I'd like to hear from any BDI theorist on what would have played out had the Rs not staged an intruder kidnapper, but simply called 911.

This is all, of course, my own opinion. But, I'm sticking to it.

PS: If anyone has that photo, can you post it here for all of us to see the difference in the children's size. Thanks.

Jana, I'd like to point out that Burke wasn't a small child at the time of his sister's death. He was much taller than his little sister. There's a family photo around here somewhere (Grandpa and Grandma Paugh with the children) that was taken in a time period, December 1996, near JonBenet's death. The photo appears in the photo section of the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence" just next to page 179. Both children, JonBenet and Burke are standing and Burke is much taller than his sister. In fact, in the photo Burke is standing next to his grandpa and comes up to mid chest of his grandpa, who looks to be fairly tall himself.
No argument there, BR was quite a bit taller.

I agree she was struck in anger. It makes a lot of difference what the murder weapon was. I can't really see BR being able to swing the flashlight hard enough to cause that kind of injury. Could be wrong, but it seems more likely to me that if BR cause the head injury he did it with a golf club or a bat.

But if Burke did it, then the Rs, and Burke, will live with the fact that he was involved in death of his sister. They only thing they attempt to gain by staging is that the general public won't know he did it.

I suspect that friends and family already wonder about it, so what really has been achieved?

The staging tends to implicate the Rs. Life in prison is a pretty steep price to pay to prevent the general public from knowing that your son accidentally killed his sister.

There seems to be the notion that the Rs would do ANYTHING to prevent some public embarrassment. But I'm unwilling to go along with that POV. It seems to me the risk is out of all proportion to gain, and I don't believe JR got where he was by making fools choices.

I have to go to work now, so I don't have time to offer my thoughts on what would have happened had they simply called 911 and admitted that BDI.

I'd like to hear from any BDI theorist on what would have played out had the Rs not staged an intruder kidnapper, but simply called 911.

Plus of course Burke had already hit JonBenet by accident with a golf club years before...what did they do then? they called for help of course...if he'd accidentally killed her , they would have done the same ,

let's say Burke did in the early hours of the morning accidentally kill his sister...in order to do all that staging the Ramseys must have discovered this pretty soon after it happened....there was no reason for them NOT to call for help...it has been said by Kolar in his book I believe, that JonBenet was alive for at least 90minutes after that blow to the head.....so why would they assume she was dead after Burke accidentally striking a blow ???? they wouldnt they would have called the ambulance...like they did when he accidentally wacked her last time...imo

I am now of the opinion that an inturder did not enter the house by the basement window, this is after I had the opportunity to study the crime scene video taken the night of the 26th Dec...... why then did Lou Smit persist in his theory that the intruder got in this way? he would have known about this video wouldn't he? and even if he didn't then members of the BPD would have, why then in this case which has been more leaky than a rusty bath tub, did no one leak this video before and discount Smit's theory??????????

I am still confused about the DNA evidence in this case.... I have listened to the show but not read Kolar's book........form the show he was reluctant to confirm what Tricia was saying which was that there was 6 different pieces of DNA meaning 6 different people left DNA on JonBenet which would mean a team of intruders....in response to this he said " you're on the right track"........what does that mean ? is Tricia correct or not?
Is it explained better in the book?

ding ding

around min 88 of the show,Cherokee is talking about which of the R's might have done it and why and about the accident/cover-up scenario,Kolar's immediate response is well the Ramseys were loving parents and they always stated they'd do anything for their kids.

this+ A.Hunters suspicions re BDI....

M.Lacy is not the brightest but Hunter wasn't a stupid man,just a weak one. BDI might also be the reason he decided to keep it quiet and let it go,he couldn't have charged BR anyway.

Is it possible (BDI) some of what we consider staging was part of the situation that lead to her death ? Watching movies then playing at a kidnapping?

ding ding

around min 88 of the show,Cherokee is talking about which of the R's might have done it and why and about the accident/cover-up scenario,Kolar's immediate response is well the Ramseys were loving parents and they always stated they'd do anything for their kids.

this+ A.Hunters suspicions re BDI....

M.Lacy is not the brightest but Hunter wasn't a stupid man,just a weak one. BDI might also be the reason he decided to keep it quiet and let it go,he couldn't have charged BR anyway.

wow , are you suggesting that Hunter knew that Burke did it , yet he chose to "let it go" !!! that's a hell of an accusation to make....do you really think Hunter would have done that? and let the tax payer continue to pay a fortune for a continued investigation that he knew was a complete waste of time??? also how did he get that one past the Grand Jury!

also,he keeps saying that he doesn't think there will be prosecution.IF I understood and feel correctly,he doubts that there will be one even if with new info...that leaves only one possibility IMO....9 year olds can't be prosecuted in CO

cause he could have said/thought hey,maybe one day the killer confesses or someone else points the finger at him>>prosecution/jailtime is still possible....but not if the one who confesses was 9 at the time of the murder.

Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter is among those who privately considered the possibility that Burke played a role in the death of his sister. "I wonder if Burke is involved in this," Hunter mused out loud one day, former Boulder police detective Steve Thomas wrote in his book.

Hunter declared publicly in 1999 that Burke wasn't a suspect in his sister's death. But later events suggested that statement wasn't as definitive as it seemed. In 2000 Hunter refused a request by Ramsey attorney Wood to sign a statement declaring under oath that "all questions related to" Burke's "possible involvement" in the death of his sister "were resolved to the satisfaction of investigators." He also refused to declare that Burke "has never been viewed by investigators as a suspect." Nor would he say that Burke "has not been and is not a suspect."

Hunter did, however, agree to language in which he declared that "no evidence has ever been developed ... to justify elevating Burke Ramsey's status from witness to suspect," and there is nothing in the transcripts of the interviews of the Ramseys to suggest any such evidence was developed.

So whatever Hunter's suspicions about Burke, he wasn't able to substantiate them.

http://www.crimemagazine.com/solving-jonbenet-case-0

--------------

an interesting interview with him,if you read between the lines...
love what he says about Smith's stuff being old and debunked

http://www.crimelynx.com/alexfoxapr4.html

IMO, JBR's head was bashed with the Maglite flashlight that was sitting on the kitchen counter next to the sharpie markers and ransom pad.

As I said, IMO.

It is also my opinion that a child could swing a heavy flashlight with enough force to bash in another childs skull.

Not that I am 100% convinced that is what happened, but I cannot discount it.

I am definitely RDI, just can't settle on which R.

I am still confused about the DNA evidence in this case.... I have listened to the show but not read Kolar's book........form the show he was reluctant to confirm what Tricia was saying which was that there was 6 different pieces of DNA meaning 6 different people left DNA on JonBenet which would mean a team of intruders....in response to this he said " you're on the right track"........what does that mean ? is Tricia correct or not?
Is it explained better in the book?
(This is essentially a repeat of an earlier post on this thread.)
In the book, the following is clear:

6 unique and unidentified genetic profiles – 5 males and one female.
DNA from fingernails belonging to JonBenet
Left fingernails – unidentified male #1
Right fingernails – unidentified male #2 and female (JonBenet could not be excluded as a contributor)
Waistband, seams, and crotch of panties (Distal Stain 007-2) CODIS - unidentified male #3
TDNA waistband of leggings matching DS 007-2 male #3
TDNA on wrist bindings – male #4
TDNA garrote – male #5

(Also, TDNA on the pink Barbie nightgown found in the Wine Cellar with the body of JonBenét was identified as JR an PR.)

The highest quality DNA at 10 markers is Distal Stain 007-2
All other DNA is weaker, IOW, less markers

JonBenet's birthday is Aug 6. Wonder if the book timing was intentional on Kolar's part?

I don't have DOI....But did you mean this picture:

l_ec23a80f8ffb016eb40c18e0cfd33696.jpg

If it's the one you're thinking of, are you sure it's from Dec 1996? JonBenet's hair looks shorter.

And Wow, I just realized that JonBenet's plaid skirt is just like the plaid skirts Patsy's bridesmaids wore....

Thank you. This is the photo. As for the date, I'm sure it's correct. Here's the cutline that appeared under the photo as it appears in the Ramsey's book DOI.

Out on the town with Grandpa and Grandma Paugh, Boulder, December 1996

Again, thanks for posting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada