NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the Carla Baron psychic and Maurice Godwin forensic theories of Maura Murray's fate two years ago were versions of serial killer stories, that she was abducted and murdered and her body hidden/buried locally by a killer who had killed once or twice before.

Most of the posting on the Maura site subscribes to this idea whether or not they credit or follow either Baron or Godwin.

Thus far the evidence is scant--the Maura website has had a huge argument about the towel inserted in her tailpipe which turns out to have been her towel from her car's trunk--see a very recent post by Jane on the Maura site.

If the towel was Maura's as her Dad said three days later at LaVoie's garage then I believe Maura herself placed the towel in the tailpipe as she rapidly planned and made her exit from the accident scene-- why is a hard guess to make. Officer Smith evidently viewed it as some kind of suicide attempt which seems weird to me but the police were clearly the source of this theory.

I have a theory (just a theory so don't pounce on me, it happened once before in this very forum), but I have often wondered if she was not outside the car and someone came around the curve and accidently hit her. I seem to recall that it was said there was a bit of a blind curve near where her car was found. Not sure of the area, but if there were ditches with snow and water I would be more inclined to walk on the road. They hit her panic and who knows what happened after that.

The man referenced in your link who committed suicide was a member of the gay community and is implicated in a murder connected to that affiliation. There is no way he would be likely to be connected to Maura's disappearance. See story here:

http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/news/view.bg?articleid=12439

gatetrekker44 said:
does anyone know how far from where Maura disappeared is Claremont? Something tells me that there may be several cases solved before this is all over...

http://www.wmur.com/news/9422302/detail.html?subid=22101161&qs=1;bp=t

also posting this on the "Missing/murdered in NH" thread

curious1 said:
I have a theory (just a theory so don't pounce on me, it happened once before in this very forum), but I have often wondered if she was not outside the car and someone came around the curve and accidently hit her. I seem to recall that it was said there was a bit of a blind curve near where her car was found. Not sure of the area, but if there were ditches with snow and water I would be more inclined to walk on the road. They hit her panic and who knows what happened after that.
I think at this point any scenerio could be possible.

czechmate7 said:
I think at this point any scenerio could be possible.
Agreed. We just need to continue searching for answers and remain open-minded.

Yes, open minded is the key. Once you convince yourself that only one thing can be true you become blind to the truth even if it's standing right in front of you.

Masterj said:
Agreed. We just need to continue searching for answers and remain open-minded.

Maura has been missing 29 months today...and we are continuing our search for answers.........

murraydwyer said:
Maura has been missing 29 months today...and we are continuing our search for answers.........
I think of Brianna and Maura everyday. Our Laura is missing too......I am her cousin. No family should have to go through a tragedy like this in America.
Somehow we need to toughen up some laws regarding kidnapping in this country. I spoke with Lauras Mom yesterday, and there was much sadness.... On top of that, was our Hope and Faith that we will find her soon.
Bri's Mom just wrote me on her site ,(Bringbrihome.org)and she is such a wonderful person too.
It is a sad comment on America that families should have to endure this.
If only there was some miracle and the girls would come home.
Thinking of you and Maura, and praying for all our missing girls.

Remembering Maura today, 29 months after she vanished.

As always, prayers that this situation will be soon resolved along with comfort and strength for her family and loved ones.

http://www.mauramurray.com/

Remembering Maura today, 29 months after she vanished.

As always, prayers that this situation will be soon resolved along with comfort and strength for her family and loved ones.

Don't give up-don't EVER give up!(Jim Valvano)

I know you won't-and please, if there is ANYTHING I can do-be it send emails or snail mail to news outlets, contact politicians, or anything else you may need help with, please just let me know. While I never met Maura, her story touched me in a way that few others have. I believe the answers will come-stonewalling by LE nonwithstanding. And they will come because of your tireless dedication to get the truth, no matter how painful it may be.

You are all in my prayers.

Prayers for Maura and her family.......prayers for answers.
With Hope and Faith, that no one missing will be forgotten

Bumping for Maura, her friends and her family as they continue to search and to hope

Maura ........I will pray for you too in NH on Monday!
Along with Laura and Brianna.....that God will answer our prayers.
Love to Mauras family.
And many "thank yous" for helping me along this journey.

Hi all, I just wanted to share the following article with those of you here on Websleuths. The rest of the article appears at the link below. I haven't seen the hard copy of the paper yet, but apparently they also published several pictures of Maura.........

http://www.northcountrynewsnh.com/web_pages_000002.htm

Maura Murray, 2 1/2 Years After Her Disappearance;
A Letter From Her Family

A Northcountry News Exsclusive -

Our thanks to the Northcountry News and its Publisher Bryan Flagg for allowing the family of Maura Murray to ‘speak’ to its readers. As many of you know, Maura disappeared on February 9, 2004. She was last seen on Route 112 after a single car crash. Much has been said about Maura in the media and local coffee shops over the last two and a half years. Many of you have formed opinions of what happened and of Maura and her family based on what has been presented in the media and sometimes based on inaccurate rumors.

Maura is so much more than what has been presented in most of the papers. She is more than a missing person. Maura is a Missed Person, she is a daughter, a sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend. My favorite quote about Maura is by one of her friends: "If you wanted to make a person, you would make her just like her." said Katie Jones a close friend of Maura’s since grade school.”

continued at link above...........

murraydwyer said:
Hi all, I just wanted to share the following article with those of you here on Websleuths. The rest of the article appears at the link below. I haven't seen the hard copy of the paper yet, but apparently they also published several pictures of Maura.........

http://www.northcountrynewsnh.com/web_pages_000002.htm

Maura Murray, 2 1/2 Years After Her Disappearance;
A Letter From Her Family

A Northcountry News Exsclusive -

Our thanks to the Northcountry News and its Publisher Bryan Flagg for allowing the family of Maura Murray to ‘speak’ to its readers. As many of you know, Maura disappeared on February 9, 2004. She was last seen on Route 112 after a single car crash. Much has been said about Maura in the media and local coffee shops over the last two and a half years. Many of you have formed opinions of what happened and of Maura and her family based on what has been presented in the media and sometimes based on inaccurate rumors.

Maura is so much more than what has been presented in most of the papers. She is more than a missing person. Maura is a Missed Person, she is a daughter, a sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend. My favorite quote about Maura is by one of her friends: "If you wanted to make a person, you would make her just like her." said Katie Jones a close friend of Maura’s since grade school.”

continued at link above...........
I hope everyone here reads that article. Maura sounds like a wonderful, charming girl. People should hold still with rumors. Maura was smart, kind, an important member of a family. The essence of her rings loud and clear. I have always felt that Maura had a wonderful family, who worked without pause to find her. Her dad works continuously to get access to more information....that is with held. Other family members are constantly looking for word of her. Life is not easy....
But, her life is not what happened during one certain day. Maura is loved and missed by many........her family needs answers.......one small clue might help.
Pray for Maura, Laura, Bri and the others missing in the NE area. Our hearts are heavy with their loss. What if they were your daughters? Missing from
Gods green earth.........God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member