FL FL - Colleen Orsborn, 15, Daytona Beach, 19 March 1984

Hi
This girl was reported missing from Orlando Florida the day after this Jane Does body was found.I do not know if they waited a few days to report her missing or not.Cheryl Windsor was found dead in Brevard County Florida.I always thought the two (This Jane Doe and Cheryl Windsor)were connected some how.

Unsolved Homicide of Cheryl Ann Windsor
CherylWindsor.jpg

Cheryl Ann Windsor
On May 1, 1984, boaters found the body of a female floating in a creek north of the Barge Canal on Merritt Island. She was later identified as 16-year-old Cheryl Ann Windsor of Orlando, who had been reported missing by her mother on April 7, 1984.

Suzanne - do you have your sister's DNA to run against this jane doe?

Hi
They just told me this Jane Doe is not my sister.But I thought this Jane Doe could possibly be Colleen Orsborn.Did the family of colleen put her or thier DNA in CODIS to check for a match with this Jane Doe.

suzanne

The Doe Network:
Case File 30UFFL http://doenetwork.org/cases/30uffl.html
NamUs UP Case 608 https://identifyus.org/cases/608

2673401470045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
2175883820045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
2269638410045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

# Unidentified White Female Discovered on April 6, 1984 in Orlando, Orange County, Florida.
# Cause of death was homicide
# She is estimated to have been dead for up to 10 days before she was located.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 14 - 18 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3-5'4"; 100 - 115 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; light brown hair, cut short around the face, 6"-9" long in back. She wore a size 7 -8 shoe. She had no scars, fractures or other abnormalities / identifying marks. She had on very faint pink nail polish on fingernails as well as two toenails. her ears were not pierced.
* Dentals: Available. She did have cavities, however; it appeared that she had never received dental care.
* DNA: Available in CODIS.
* Clothing: No clothing was located.

Case History

The victim was located in a wooded area between SR 545 and SR 192 (Lake Buena Vista) near Bali Boulevard in southwest Orange County, Florida. She had been killed and buried naked in a shallow grave.

A man was fishing in a lake when he came across a knee protruding from the ground.

Colleen Emily Orsborn
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/orsborn_colleen.html

2271722640045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
___
2269638410045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2673401470045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I was looking for possibles for 30UFFL, and came across Colleen. This seems like such an obvious match on nearly all data points.

I looked around in WS and found that this case has already been discussed on Colleen Orsborn's page in the Missing but Not Forgotten forum.

FL FL - Colleen Orsborn, 15, Daytona Beach, 1984 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

But from what is posted in Colleen's forum, nobody can get anyone at DoeNet or in LE to say whether she has been ruled out or not. She is not listed in NamUs as a rule-out for this UID.

Since there was no thread for this UID in the Unidentified forum, I am starting one, and starting a discussion of Colleen as a possible. Maybe someone here knows whether Colleen has ever been ruled-out.

If so, then we can get on to looking for other possibles.

Colleen Orsborn looks like a good match to me...

Bookmarking*

It looks like a good match... Did they ever look in the area where the guy from NH said he dumped her. I really think its legit, people in AA really do make amends in their 9th step that could land them in prison. Their life as an alcoholic is so bad they would feel better off being free of alcoholism then being free. Also the UID had cavities and no dental care? It seems strange her parents could fork out money for a Catholic School but can't afford dental care.

Greetings everyone-- I'm a writer @ the Daytona Beach News-Journal. Appreciate this site and everyone's work here. I wanted to bump this thread and mention that I put in a request to see if Colleen has been ruled out in the case of the girl found by Lake Buena Vista. I did get a response, but nothing in the way of an answer. Will keep you posted. My e-mail is andrew.gant at news-jrnl.com.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/east-volusia/2011/02/02/dr-g-matches-missing-daytona-teens-dna.html

DAYTONA BEACH -- When 15-year-old Colleen Orsborn missed her bus, ditched school, grabbed a pink bikini and left home on March 15, 1984, DNA science was still young.

When a fisherman found a knee poking out of the ground near an Orange County lake a few days later -- faded pink nail polish left on the body's fingers and toes -- there was still no DNA database.

For almost three decades, Colleen and the girl found in Orange County remained separate mysteries.

They shouldn't have.

"It's a tragedy that somebody ruled her out," Orlando's District 9 Medical Examiner Jan Garavaglia said Friday.

Garavaglia confirmed that a DNA sample from the long-unidentified girl by the lake has been matched to Colleen,

http://doenetwork.org/cases/30uffl.html

She had been ruled out, but there has been a DNA link found.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/east-volusia/2011/02/02/dr-g-matches-missing-daytona-teens-dna.html

DAYTONA BEACH -- When 15-year-old Colleen Orsborn missed her bus, ditched school, grabbed a pink bikini and left home on March 15, 1984, DNA science was still young.

When a fisherman found a knee poking out of the ground near an Orange County lake a few days later -- faded pink nail polish left on the body's fingers and toes -- there was still no DNA database.

For almost three decades, Colleen and the girl found in Orange County remained separate mysteries.

They shouldn't have.

"It's a tragedy that somebody ruled her out," Orlando's District 9 Medical Examiner Jan Garavaglia said Friday.

Garavaglia confirmed that a DNA sample from the long-unidentified girl by the lake has been matched to Colleen, the pretty Campbell Junior High eighth-grader who police believe was one of the first victims of serial killer Christopher Wilder.
Websleuths thread for Colleen

Hi
This Jane Doe and Colleen has been very special to me.I made a myspace for this Jane Doe.I checked a few years back(I actually checked this Jane Doe many times to see if it was my sister and it was not)I did ask them a few times if this was Colleen and they told me no it wasn't.

Hi
This Jane Doe and Colleen has been very special to me.I made a myspace for this Jane Doe.I checked a few years back(I actually checked this Jane Doe many times to see if it was my sister and it was not)I did ask them a few times if this was Colleen and they told me no it wasn't.

I'm guessing Colleen was your sister Suzanne? If so, I'm sorry it took this long to get an answer that showed once and for all who the girl in Orange County was. I always had a feeling this might be Colleen, there were just so many things that said yes.

I'm glad the family has closure and Colleen can get the proper burial she deserves.

I'm guessing Colleen was your sister Suzanne? If so, I'm sorry it took this long to get an answer that showed once and for all who the girl in Orange County was. I always had a feeling this might be Colleen, there were just so many things that said yes.

I'm glad the family has closure and Colleen can get the proper burial she deserves.
No,Colleen is not my sister.Just when this Jane Doe did not match my sister.I thought of Colleen.

No,Colleen is not my sister.Just when this Jane Doe did not match my sister.I thought of Colleen.

Ok, I see now. I'm hoping you find closure with your sisters case also.

This case always got to me. Every now and then CrimeStoppers would play a 15 second segment on this case on Channel 9 in Orlando in the early 90's, but it would always include really scary music in the background. I still remember it to this day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back