FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to say Clay County has an excellent Sheriffs Dept. They are very well trained. They are now doing a grid search in a very swampy area surrounding the area she was last seen. The Sheriff just said they would search all night and continue tomorrow until she is found. Also heard on news he said she had gotten upset with someone she was walking with and hit them with her backpack and walked ahead of the others. Sounds like she was mad. Also she has failed to come home once before but only stayed out a few hours nothing like today. He said regardless they would search like this was the first time. Maybe that is why her mother waited a while before flagging down a Deputy.

They do not want civilians at this point to help search. There are over 100 LE there now. Also Duval, St. Johns, Nassua, Bradford counties LE I'm sure are on standby if not already on there way to help. I will let everyone local know when they will let volunteer searchers help. Hard to just set here and do nothing!! At least I know they are doing something and not waiting for daylight.

GrannyL

why would she be hiding? I have a hard time with that one........sorry ............do 7 yr old kids hide away from home?

I think the whole walking to/from school if less than a mile rule/law needs to be looked at.
We all know that schools and bus stops are favorite places for so's. Easy targets.

I hope she is found safe. her sister is probably feeling really guilty right now. I just can't imagine letting my 7 and 10 yr old walk over a mile from school. I'm standing out front when the bus drops them off every day.

The neighborhood itself may not be bad, but there is an apt complex to the north on Wells Rd....bad area....lots of traffic thru this residential area, people use it to cut thru....Wells rd is a main road in Orange Park, and so is Kingsley Ave...this neighboorhood just happens to be in the middle of it all. I was born and raised in Orange Park, and can remember when Kingsley Ave was a dirt rd, and Blanding was 2 lanes with only one resturant, "Milligans"

This is all so heartbreaking, and all I can do is sit here and pray and cry. I wish I could do so much more!

I used to let my boys walk home from school. We live about 3 blocks from the school and there was always a massive amount of kids walking in our area. I wonder how many kids were walking in the area and where she was last seen?

God bless the searchers!
The moon is working against her safety tonight.......
Wobble New Moon.........lunar madness.......wild, crazy,
murder & suicide

so sickening! I sure hope they find her soon. She is a lil dollface with those big brown eyes!

Wow, more than 100 deputies, police and SWAT members. It sounds to me like they are not holding back any stops!!! Thats wonderful.

My poor little Kaelie wanted to ride her bike to school, we live less than a mile from the grade school. straight shot on one residential road. I followed her in the car. She hated me. LOL

that was 8 years ago, long before i knew so much abt s.o.'s.

why would she be hiding? I have a hard time with that one........sorry ............do 7 yr old kids hide away from home?

Im sure they do, but they do get hungry and cold too, I hope she has a jacket, Its chilly her in NC tonight, down to freezing

Clay Sheriff just said on TV there are 50 SO in a three mile area of where she disappeared but that was the normal amount. He said all were being contacted by Detectives to rule them out.

Sheesh.........One thing about letting my boys walk home from school is that there were ZERO registered sex offenders in my area! Still the same - ZERO!

Does Orange park still house military?
Is their still USMC and USNavy in JAX???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects