Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK but it appears to be 'signed' by Antolin Garcia, IMO

LOL Annie, 2 minds w/1 thought.

I am not so sure that ATG really knew he was being tracked. Cardoza said it was uncommon for someone to know s/he is being followed. This sounds like bravado to me, because Mr. Lucky is smarter than the law. As for how he "maintained" normalcy around his family, that is a true narcissistic / sociopathic personality who can do that, eg, no conscience, only cares about himself. I doubt he gave it much thought. IMOO.

Wonder if these types are born that way, something missing from their brain, or are they a product of their environment? This was covered in my psychology classes, with no definitive answer. I was always a believer that it's inherited to a large part, examples being adopted children, twins separated at birth, and the like.

With reference to the article at cupertino.patch.com---Why would LE take a braid of hair from his Mother? They had His DNA from an existing case, and took his toothbrush-- so what's up with that?

Also seems that the most damning evidence was found in the car, at least enough to make an arrest for kidnapping and Murder, so why continue surveillance on him when he knew they were following him. I mean surely he was going to go everywhere BUT where he hid Sierra (provided he is the murderer). Would they have been better off getting him in custody sooner for some answers?:moo:

they wanted him to lead them to the body. sounds like he did in that they are now focused on uvas

Maybe I missed it, but is there any verification anywhere that the drawing referenced in these posts was actually drawn by AGT? Or is it ATG? Have seen it both ways. Just curious as to the actual creator of the image.

I read somewhere that he went with Garcia as his last name, although in the Hispanic community some go by their mother's last name, as someone posted here earlier in the week.

OMG, has it only been 5 days???

With reference to the article at cupertino.patch.com---Why would LE take a braid of hair from his Mother? They had His DNA from an existing case, and took his toothbrush-- so what's up with that?

Also seems that the most damning evidence was found in the car, at least enough to make an arrest for kidnapping and Murder, so why continue surveillance on him when he knew they were following him. I mean surely he was going to go everywhere BUT where he hid Sierra (provided he is the murderer). Would they have been better off getting him in custody sooner for some answers?:moo:

I am wondering if they might have found long brown hairs in the trunk, and want to match them. But they would also have to match them to his wife and sisters, imo.

Public safety, I would imagine.

Sorry, I mis-read your question the first time.

To me, they didn't seem to know until more tests from the car came back. Once they did, they decided to arrest him. That's what I took from the pressers.

I am wondering if they might have found long brown hairs in the trunk, and want to match them. But they would also have to match them to his wife and sisters, imo.

I hope if they did find hair it is the trunk and not in the car. For reason because anyone can read here I am not posting.

Ok, I have a slightly gross question, but I am still generally new to these types of cases, so forgive me! But, let's say that Sierra was killed the day she was taken and then placed into a body of water. What would the decomp be like at this point? If they found her soon, would they still be able to determine the cause of death? Would they be able to determine if she was raped?

As to your first question, google it and you will find a very detailed explanation of that process. As to the second, the answer is yes.

they wanted him to lead them to the body. sounds like he did in that they are now focused on uvas

I have a feeling they are searching Uvas because he told his mom that's where he fishes. So, either he fed her false information, or, if it turns out there's any evidence that puts him there (besides Sierra's body), he will have an excuse for having been there.

Originally Posted by thevineyarder
I am with you on that one. Sierra's choice of words is very telling, why say "lucky" instead of "safe" as someone else suggested...using the world lucky barely makes sense, she's fifteen not ten, she definitely said lucky for a reason. If only she had put emphasis on the word and capitalized it, that would be extremely significant.

It's pretty common in my area for men harassing women to yell "you wanna get lucky?"

Trying to get caught up but can't find the beginning of this conversation. What are you referring to here? Something Sierra said about lucky?

Aside from hoping that he would lead them to sierra they were probably busy trying to build a case against him; going over surveillance and interviews- this can take a few weeks at the very least, conducting forensic tests and collecting as much evidence as possible. They wanted to be 100% that he was responsible before arresting him. Even if he was aware that he was being surveilled, he would surely have to go about living his life anyways. Perhaps they were waiting for him to visit a restaurant so they could collect his napkins and such. That's only one example, i'm sure there are many, many reasons why they decided to surveil him for so long even though he knew. jmo.

I'm wondering if LE had planned ahead of time to arrest him that day or if it was spontaneous and they felt he was going to attack again which (which might not be the case because AGT knew they were following him). I only say this because IIRC, a classmate of Sierra claims that she was in her car at the Safeway Parking lot and AGT walked buy and was starring at her.

Thanks for posting the link. I can totally see this. When I lived in southern Cal, I'd hike at a place called "Wildwood." This is very similar. What strikes me is how the link says the park gets "light to moderate" trail traffic and that "many visitors go no further than the Waterfall Loop." IMO, there's a good chance that a body wouldn't be easily stumbled upon there.

What a beautiful place for something so terrible to have happened, though ...

BBM, my thoughts exactly!

yea idk I feel like its too much of a coincidence that they arrested him in the safeway parking lot. the same place where he has been accused of all those crimes and the same place he used to work. why wouldnt they just arrest him at his house. strange.

I'm wondering if LE had planned ahead of time to arrest him that day or if it was spontaneous and they felt he was going to attack again which (which might not be the case because AGT knew they were following him). I only say this because IIRC, a classmate of Sierra claims that she was in her car at the Safeway Parking lot and AGT walked buy and was starring at her.

I doubt it. Seems like they would rather catch him about to commit the act, imo. I think there was some politicking going on between the DA and LE on whether or not they have enough evidence and whatnot, and they also realized he wasn't going to the body. I definitely have a hard time believing it was for public safety reasons, especially if AGT knew his car was impounded and he knew he was a POI.

yea idk I feel like its too much of a coincidence that they arrested him in the safeway parking lot. the same place where he has been accused of all those crimes and the same place he used to work. why wouldnt they just arrest him at his house. strange.

Good point, maybe he was about to commit another act.

A body sinks, sometimes comes to the surface and then sinks again. It won't stay on top indefinitely. The timing for it to surface can range from a day to 3 weeks or more depending on water temp and other factors.

And then how long would it stay afloat?

It was v. refreshing to read suggestions about trails surrounding Uvas as a possible search site and the coast near Moss Landing for another. That's all I think about~where, where, where? There is such a vast amt. of territory to cover that any means of narrowing it is welcome. I thought those ideas were really worthy. Although we have peered into A.G.-T.'s mind a bit, we don't know how it works or we could speculate as to likely repositories. Types of hiding place. It's probable that he would obscure a body more completely than he hid the personal property but not a certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni