Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom said:
Inyo County is pretty far away from San Francisco. There is a Searles Valley Historical Association which has information on American Trona (which produced potash and borax and is still operating after several name changes.) Somehow I would take Brody to be a city boy rather than a clerk in a Central Valley California chemical plant, but you never know. What amazes me is how many George Brodys have turned up. I would never take that to be a common name.
Annasmom, there are lots of George Brodys, some spelling their names differently. I also think of him as a city boy, not the kind who would want to get his suit dirty, bet he never worked a day in his life, just sponged off people. JMHO

I have found GW's physican/surgeons license and it lists his p.o. box 5889, San Francisco, Ca 94101 and his medical license #G13689. It may have been when he was married tho, and not when he and GB were living together. It says his status is Licensee deceased so it may have been when he and the other George was together. Don't know if DrDoogie has that info, just thought I would throw it in.

kyresearcher said:
I have found GW's physican/surgeons license and it lists his p.o. box 5889, San Francisco, Ca 94101 and his medical license #G13689. It may have been when he was married tho, and not when he and GB were living together. It says his status is Licensee deceased so it may have been when he and the other George was together. Don't know if DrDoogie has that info, just thought I would throw it in.
That P.O. Box number seems to be GW's primary source for receiving mail, though he did receive some mail through his places of employment. He seems to have had this P.O. Box from shortly after his separation from Annasmom in the late 1960's until his death in 1981.

mjak said:
Not such an odd inscription if he was a theatrical romantic and gave
this picture to a girlfriend.

mjak
Weirdly enough, the inscription seems to have been from Brody to Waters. The level of devotion that Waters showed for Brody was frightening. There was an exchange of letters between the two (before they resided together) where Waters asks Brody for permission to "emulate" him. Brody responded that he was pleased with the request and that Waters could now give Brody "gifts" as a sign of his devotion.

If Brody is found in 1920 Census being 26 years old. That would make his birth 1894. Has anyone been able to locate any death records? Is his SSN listed anywhere in the BFH?

SherlockJr said:
If Brody is found in 1920 Census being 26 years old. That would make his birth 1894. Has anyone been able to locate any death records? Is his SSN listed anywhere in the BFH?
There is no SSN listed in any paperwork associated with GB. I have his death certificate and it lists SSN unknown.

I have found Anna Brody, was born 5/15/1894. Died on 4/14/73 social security number 562-20-3243 acquired in CA. How difficult would it be to give Anna a ssn belonging to George Brody? No questions asked especially if Dr. George Waters signed the records.

Dr. Doogie said:
There is no SSN listed in any paperwork associated with GB. I have his death certificate and it lists SSN unknown.

SherlockJr said:

SherlockJr said:
I have found Anna Brody, was born 5/15/1894. Died on 4/14/73 social security number 562-20-3243 acquired in CA. How difficult would it be to give Anna a ssn belonging to George Brody? No questions asked especially if Dr. George Waters signed the records.

I will admit this is pretty out there. But could the reason that George B. cannot be found officially- be because he was born Anna B? Could he have been born a female, yet later begun living as a male? Could George B. have been a transexual? It was the 70's, a time of sexual freedom, gays were starting to come out of the closet, yet there were still a lot of negative attitudes. And transexuals were still not openly talked about in most circles.

One thing that has always bugged me, was the fact that the two George's cohabitated in a small rented room, not an apartment and not two separate rooms. Something they would not have had to do, as George W.'s income alone would have been sufficient to rent two of those rooms. There could have been a homosexual relationship between the two, but that hasn't become apparent as they were both flirting with waitresses.
Yet if the two of them knew the other was the opposite sex, that may have allowed them to bypass to themselves the whole two guys living together attitude.
As a doctor George W. could have become privy to George B.'s secret, been intrigued, then become interested in "George" as a person. That may have led to the whole protective attitude, and to the fact that he needed to support "him" both emotionally and financially.

mysteriew said:
I will admit this is pretty out there. But could the reason that George B. cannot be found officially- be because he was born Anna B? Could he have been born a female, yet later begun living as a male? Could George B. have been a transexual? It was the 70's, a time of sexual freedom, gays were starting to come out of the closet, yet there were still a lot of negative attitudes. And transexuals were still not openly talked about in most circles.

One thing that has always bugged me, was the fact that the two George's cohabitated in a small rented room, not an apartment and not two separate rooms. Something they would not have had to do, as George W.'s income alone would have been sufficient to rent two of those rooms. There could have been a homosexual relationship between the two, but that hasn't become apparent as they were both flirting with waitresses.
Yet if the two of them knew the other was the opposite sex, that may have allowed them to bypass to themselves the whole two guys living together attitude.
As a doctor George W. could have become privy to George B.'s secret, been intrigued, then become interested in "George" as a person. That may have led to the whole protective attitude, and to the fact that he needed to support "him" both emotionally and financially.
You had me thinking there for a bit, MV. The picture I just posted of a younger GB does have a more feminine look to it than his later pictures. But the more I thought about it, I would assume that as the doctors other than GW examined and treated GB for his cancer, at some point they would have done a "dingus count". Anything less than a quantity of one and they would have reflected that in their medical charts and listed GB as female for medical reasons. Since the paperwork does not reflect that, I think that he was (and always was) a male.

One clarification (and I believe that I may have started this confusion by not being thorough in my posts): GW and GB had two rooms in the same hotel. They appeared to have used both, though they seemed to always be together in one of the rooms. They also had a third room at a different hotel - unfortunately, this room was not discovered for a few years after Anna's disappearance. It would have been interesting to see what was happening in that room on January 16th, 1967.

Like I said, it was pretty out there. But I am learning not to totally discount the "out there" thoughts, as people can be pretty bizarre.
But the point about the Doctors..... Doctors are bound by confidentiality and probably wouldn't have released that info unless under a suponea anyway. The fact that they worked with GW, might also have contributed to their holding the secret close. And since GW was the one to complete the paperwork at the time of death, they may have considered it just one of those secrets that was harmless and so even knowing, they may not have corrected it.

I shook my head while reading your post. I was not suggesting for a minute that GB was a woman. I could not find anything else on this Anna Brody. If someone has access to census records, please help me out. I posted the information fearing the two George's had done something to Anna in 1973 and used George's SSN on her death record. Which would explain his death record as an unknown ssn. Certainly they couldn't use the same number twice, that would raise suspicion. So what if GB will no long collect SS checks, he's got GW to support him now.

mysteriew said:

If the two Georges did something awful to Anna (which I do not believe), I do not think that there would have been any sort of paper trail requiring a SSN. That being said, neither of the two suggestions (that they used GBs SSN or that GB could have been a transexual) is that crazy. Believe me, there is weirder stuff than that in the Box from Hell.

The level of manipulation that Brody held over GW was truly frightening. Waters systematically drove away every friend and family member (including Annasmom) by writing letters to them that were obviously either dictated or influenced by Brody - the same idiosyncracies in speech, theme, etc. Brody wanted Waters for himself and himself alone. That alone shows a reasonable possible motive for their involvement in Anna's disappearance.

Here I go "brainstorming" again. I do not know how to cut and paste but I went to www.ssdi.rootsweb.com and checked on social security deaths. I am thinking George may be GB first name so I only enter first name (george) San Francisco-Ca. and death month (12) and year (1981) I find 9 deaths listed for George with the info I stated. All of them had a different last name. I then went into Ca. death records and ran all of them. I found all but 1 listed in the records. There are 2 George Thompson, but the first one on list with B/D 9-09-1900 and DOD 12-1981 would not come up on Ca. death records. My thinking is-----GB died and his death certificate listed what he wanted GW to list but then after his death GW made up an another death certificate for the Social Security administration with the correct info. on it and sent it to them. This list has the social security numbers listed on them. I know all you good researchers can find out about this George Thompson. The only other one that was close in day of 12-24-81 is George Prouty. Would someone else check this out and see what you think? Do we know for sure that GB died on the 24th of Dec?

mysteriew said:
But the point about the Doctors..... Doctors are bound by confidentiality and probably wouldn't have released that info unless under a suponea anyway. The fact that they worked with GW, might also have contributed to their holding the secret close. And since GW was the one to complete the paperwork at the time of death, they may have considered it just one of those secrets that was harmless and so even knowing, they may not have corrected it.
Waters' relationship with his co-workers was strained at best. Brody received treatment at the clinic that Waters worked at. GW's mental condition had deteriated at this point to random shouting matches with his peers, reprimands from his superiors for questionable medical treatments and poor work ethics. Shortly before both Brody and Waters died, Waters was fired from the clinic. I suspect (be cannot say for sure) that the fellow doctor's at the clinic would not have covered for such a secret. I do plan on contacting any surviving co-workers of Waters and see if they can shed any light on Brody and the last days of Waters.

Adding to my post #33- I was searching for the George Thompson again in Ca. death records and did find him, his birth date is different on the social security site that I found . This man died 12-11-81, and the social security #'s match so guess this isn't any help, but someone might want to still look at the info I found, who knows it might shed some light on who GB really is. I am trying so hard to help Annasmom, as all of you are.

Is it possible the two George's were using drugs?

mjak

kyresearcher said:
The only other one that was close in day of 12-24-81 is George Prouty.

I'm sure it's just coincidence, but Prouty looks/sounds an awful lot like Brody...

I have located George Waters' former supervisor at the clinic that he worked from 1970 until Feb. 1981. I will try and make contact with him today. I hope to accomplish two things: 1) see if he knows of any thing that he may have seen that would bolster the hypothesis that the GW was involved in Anna's disappearance, and 2) see if I can get a last name for "Seka", a co-worker of GW's that Brody attempted to draw under his influence. I would like to contact Seka and see what she knows about Brody.

I will post what I find...

*OFF-TOPIC*
Dr Doogie-Your mailbox is full.

mjak said:
Is it possible the two George's were using drugs?

mjak
I guess it is possible, but I am not aware of any evidence to that effect. Waters was diagnosed as a paranoid-schizophrenic, but I have not even come across any receipts or prescriptions to indicate that he was taking any medications to control his disease. Waters was active in the anti-war effort in the late 1960's and drugs were certainly available in the circles that he ran, but there is no evidence that I am aware of that he ever used them. Annasmom could probably give a definitive answer to this for the time period that they were married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member