GUILTY MO - Shawn Hornbeck & Ben Ownby abducted by Michael Devlin, 2007

smalltowngal said:
Am I thinking right on this? It was said by someone on Nancy Grace. Some lady nancy was interviewing. That she would like to see Delvin go to a mental instioution. Well don't you have to be proven mentally incomp. to use in insanity defense? Well when Delvin stated he didn't know what he was going to tell his parents. By him saying that shows that he knows he did wrong. So he knew the difference between right and wrong. To use the insanity defense you can't distinguish between right and wrong. Isn't this right? TY
From what I know about the insanity defense, you're right, it's an issue of knowing right from wrong. I don't think Devlin is legally insane...just sick and perverted.

WhiteWolf said:
A question: Does anyone know how far MD's apartment is from his parent's house?

The reason I'm asking is because I've wondered if there was any way MD could have taken Shawn by his parents' house (right before his surgery) so Shawn could sneak over there during the night to hide in Devlin's room. Devlin's parents are elderly, and depending on how MD's bedroom was set up compared to the rest of the house, maybe it's a possibility?
I don't have the parents' address, but from what I remember, they live in Webster Groves. According to Yahoo Driving Directions ;) , Webster Groves is about 3 miles away from Kirkwood.

They've just discovered a huge *advertiser censored* ring online:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/02/07/kids.online.*advertiser censored*.ap/index.html

This could help in this case and many others discussed on here.

shergal said:
They've just discovered a huge *advertiser censored* ring online:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/02/07/kids.online.*advertiser censored*.ap/index.html

This could help in this case and many others discussed on here.
I got that alert this morning also shergal. To think how many are out there that they haven't discovered is really mind bending isn't it? The thought that maybe someone could be a neighbor on a computer doing this is also scary!

Gina_M said:
I don't have the parents' address, but from what I remember, they live in Webster Groves. According to Yahoo Driving Directions ;) , Webster Groves is about 3 miles away from Kirkwood.
Both Rose Hill and Florence Avenue are listed for the senior Devilins, Joyce & James. You can't really go by addresses listed, as they group all possible family members at each address.

However the Rose Hill zip code is for Kirkwood, and the one for the Florence address is the zip code for Webster Groves, which is 4 miles from MD's apartment.

I see a lot of media links on this thread. Just want to remind everyone that there is a sticky above that is limited to ONLY media links should anyone want to add their's on it instead of taking the risk that an important one might be lost in the future. :)

As we wait for more information to come forward, or be released to answer our questions I hope the following will be answered.

• How/why did Michael Devlin choose Shawn to abduct, was it random or had he been watching him?
Am I the only one who has wondered this???

Bill O'Reilly Removed from NCMEC Speaker Gig
[size=-1]By Steve Huff(Steve Huff)
Bill O'Reilly's execrable statements made shortly after the recovery of Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby have come back to haunt him again. After O'Reilly's statements, Keith Olbermann pointed out the fact that O'Reilly was scheduled to be ...[/size]

Tom'sGirl said:
As we wait for more information to come forward, or be released to answer our questions I hope the following will be answered.

• How/why did Michael Devlin choose Shawn to abduct, was it random or had he been watching him?
Am I the only one who has wondered this???

Good point! I've wondered if Devlin watched Shawn for a period of time, trying to determine his approximate age, if he regularly rode his bike alone, if he took the same route when he rode his bike.

Shaw was in little league. Did Devlin attend a local little league game and observe the boys playing and picked Shawn out?

Also.......with Ben........did Devlin watch the school bus for a few days and see who got off the bus and if they walked alone? Also trying to make a visual sizing up - did Ben fit his preferred age?

Tom'sGirl said:
Bill O'Reilly's execrable statements made shortly after the recovery of Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby have come back to haunt him again. After O'Reilly's statements, Keith Olbermann pointed out the fact that O'Reilly was scheduled to be ...[/size]

I'm almost :sick: to death of reading about BOR as related to the SH/BO cases. Huff has repeatedly vowed not to bring up BOR again, but repeatedly continues to do so. It is getting SO old. Websites and shows seemingly feeding off of BOR's poor judgement. O'Reilly said practically the same things that many other media publications and people published and/or said (in fact, some said worse!), and yet nothing from anyone about any of them! Heh! So there! :p

Nothing personal against you or anyone else posting, TG! JUST voicing MY OPINION!

I'm thrilled BOR is still getting negative coverage for his remarks. I hope he ultimately loses his TV show. IMO, he is a bottom feeder of the worst kind and is one of the most hypocritical pieces of chit to come down the pike in years.

Liz said:
I'm almost :sick: to death of reading about BOR as related to the SH/BO cases. Huff has repeatedly vowed not to bring up BOR again, but repeatedly continues to do so. It is getting SO old. Websites and shows seemingly feeding off of BOR's poor judgement. O'Reilly said practically the same things that many other media publications and people published and/or said (in fact, some said worse!), and yet nothing from anyone about any of them! Heh! So there! :p

Nothing personal against you or anyone else posting, TG! JUST voicing MY OPINION!
I didn't take it personally Liz.

Steve Huff/misterallgood at this Board was only posting the latest as far as BOR being the NCMERC speaker.

That's good, Tom'sGirl. I didn't think you would.
:)

Tom'sGirl said:

FABULOUS!!!! Best news today! I was very surprised when I read they had not canned him yet and were considering keeping him on. John Walsh is a FANTASTIC choice!!!! WOOOHOOO! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for the update Tom'sGirl!

As for the earlier post about if Shawn/Ben were random or had been stalked, I have been very interested in that question myself.

IMO I think the boy's were stalked. It's been said that MD picked out boy's that were very young looking, around the same age group, small built boy's. We may never know. I have been thinking well started thinking about it when I 1st heard about the sodomy charges. I was thinking that if this happened to one of my kids I wouldn't want it broad casted all over the world. These are young boy's with their whole life ahead of them. I know the charges are against MD. This is going to follow the boy's the rest of their lives. I don't know the law and I know their are alot of very smart people on here so my question is can they keep some of the things out of the news? Like I said, I know the charges were brought against MD. But it's going to effect the boy's also. Anyway, that's what I feel anyway. Thanx

I posted a link today regarding the question of who took care of Shawn following Michael Devlin's toe/s surgery.

From everything I read MD was off for three months from work and supposedly was at his parents house according to his IMO boss.:rolleyes:

In this video it says he was at his parents house for 10 days following the surgery. Am I the only one confused on this :confused:

Nope, Tom's Girls. I think it is odd how 10 days = 3 months also.

Lion

MerleGirlTX said:
FABULOUS!!!! Best news today! I was very surprised when I read they had not canned him yet and were considering keeping him on. John Walsh is a FANTASTIC choice!!!! WOOOHOOO! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for the update Tom'sGirl!

As for the earlier post about if Shawn/Ben were random or had been stalked, I have been very interested in that question myself.
I feel as you do MerleGirlTX. I am glad that O'Reilly was booted; but, for it to be John Walsh instead is fantastic. I am still amazed at how he turned something so tragic into absolute justice and good deeds. He is tough as fiery nails on pedo perps and other criminals, yet he has true deep compassion and understanding for victims.

Lion

Tom'sGirl said:
I posted a link today regarding the question of who took care of Shawn following Michael Devlin's toe/s surgery.

From everything I read MD was off for three months from work and supposedly was at his parents house according to his IMO boss.:rolleyes:

In this video it says he was at his parents house for 10 days following the surgery. Am I the only one confused on this :confused:

Thanks for the new info. It makes more sense that Devlin was only at his parent's house for 10 days. Shawn was probably already brainwashed and terrified that he could have conceiveably been trusted to stay at the apartment alone. TV dinners, soup, and junk food to survive on. I also suggested Devlin may have figured a way to have Shawn walk to Devlin's parent's house and sneak him into his room. His parents were in their 70's so it is possible Devlin's room was isolated enough from the rest of the house.

Thanks for posting the link to that video Tomsgirl. They said that Devlin was in the hospital for 10 days, and then at his parents for 10 days, so a total of 20 days (approx. 3 weeks). I'm afraid that Devlin tortured Shawn so badly that he was afraid to leave the apartment when he was left alone there for 3 weeks. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back