2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, someone help me here - is the secret info that unsealed motion that RH was talking about or is it the delayed evidence from SA? I am very confused right now.

I just came on so if this has been addressed....sorry.

I do not understand why JSS is not asking where the rest of the money is. Didn't they say there was a total of $275,000 and JB has been paid 89,000+, AL has gotten 22,000+, ok.....WHERE IS THE REST OF THE MONEY!!!!????? I am steamed. :furious:

moo

The way I see it, $275,000 taken in, $110,00 spent on JB and AL, that leaves $165,000 spent on what JB says are depo's, etc. He'd better have a darn good accounting of exactly where that money got spent, or they could deny her indigency.

Best moment for me was when JAC representative asked that the defendant be placed under oath and testify as to her indigency. KC's expression during this part of hearing was priceless. A little dose of reality never hurts - unless you're accustomed to life with the A's.

I wish JS would have asked JB "Are you actually going to look at this material?" when giving him 15 days.

JS said he was going to give him 5 days initially & said he might give him 15 or even 150 days if he deems it necessary after motions are filed. JB said something like "That would be nice" but eventually the judge agreed to give him 15 days to look over the letters & file any motions he wants filed. Who knows when we'll actually get the info but I hope it is soon! I am impatient!

I have NEVER heard of any kind of "fee" hearing or indigency hearing has been held where an exact account of the money has not been submitted. This is ridiculous. $345,000 and JB only puts forth $89,000 plus $22,500 for AL. WTF is that about?

I'm not understanding something..

If Inmate Anthony received $275,000 (per TruTV..I thought I heard only 205,000) there's some money unaccounted for..at least $100,000 unaccounted for...where is it?

I agree with the concerns of "future" monies coming in..I don't trust them at all!

IMO it seems like JS, the SA and the JAC all didn't seem to buy that there were not any other deals in the works.

Just thought of something..

Inmate Anthony is on probation, 1 year...there is to be no contact with other felons...I wonder if she has violated her probation?? I mean she's in prison but would writting to another inmate violate her probation conditions??

I'm not understanding something..

If Inmate Anthony received $275,000 (per TruTV..I thought I heard only 205,000) there's some money unaccounted for..at least $100,000 unaccounted for...where is it?

I agree with the concerns of "future" monies coming in..I don't trust them at all!

Thats what I thought as this ended - about $100G unaccounted for, and they never really got to the bottom of it.

Okay, someone help me here - is the secret info that unsealed motion that RH was talking about or is it the delayed evidence from SA? I am very confused right now.
The secret info are letters Casey wrote to someone she befriended in jail. Can't wait to read those letters!

TruTV keeps on showing Casey rubbing her hands together with a big smile on her face, like she just had yummy, yummy food put before her...

I really wasn't mad about all of this for a while, I thought the judge would finally take the defense to task...but I see now that this circus has just gotten started. Unreal.

All of this really has nothing to do with Caylee. All of this is about Casey. She has all the rights. If someone was innocent, I would be glad our system is like this...but with an obvious guilty person...the process makes a mockery of itself.

Why doesn't this judge DO something? It's like he has no control of his courtroom. Some say he is giving leeway so Casey gets a fair trial. If that is true, fine but right now all I can see is stalling.

...jmo...

So, the headlines today are covering the new defense atty, not the money made off of Caylee.

Okay this is very interesting to me. At the last, when JS gives the defense 5 days to submit a motion to ask the court if they can continue to withhold this new discovery from the public, Mason says "we suspect there is privileged communication involved" or something to that effect.

The only privileged relationship I can think of regarding the defense would be DC. So that leads me to believe this is not about the sisters and their claims at all (which would have little bearing on the case ultimately to begin with). This makes me think that DC has come forward and flipped and JB now has something else to do besides dummying up records.

I think it was also interesting that we found out the total received by the defense so far is $275K and that, other than AL's $22K+ in expenses, JB can't account for anything. The fact that all the attorneys are supposedly working pro bono, but JB has managed to squander $250K without any documentation is very enlightening. It's not good form to declare your client indigent if you have pocketed $250K for your own fees and otherwise have no itemized accounting for how it was spent on the CASE.

JS said he was going to give him 5 days initially & said he might give him 15 or even 150 days if he deems it necessary after motions are filed. JB said something like "That would be nice" but eventually the judge agreed to give him 15 days to look over the letters & file any motions he wants filed. Who knows when we'll actually get the info but I hope it is soon! I am impatient!

Didn't JS give the SA 5 days to get them to Baez so we could be looking at 20 days before we get them?

I just came on so if this has been addressed....sorry.

I do not understand why JSS is not asking where the rest of the money is. Didn't they say there was a total of $275,000 and JB has been paid 89,000+, AL has gotten 22,000+, ok.....WHERE IS THE REST OF THE MONEY!!!!????? I am steamed. :furious:

moo

Well, we know they didn't spend a few measley bucks to pick up requested papers awhile back.

Did they add in the money for paying back AH?

what ever happened to just a plain lawyer, why all the dream team.........
other murderers just have the good ole lawyers from their city.

secret service?? and fish and wild life did an autopsy..........come on now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni