The Murder of Janet Abaroa #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an e-mail from someone who knew Raven a little while back. I'm going to paraphrase a particular statement from the e-mail because it was so unsurprising to me. That is, it jibed with how I've pictured his personality exactly.

Raven was loud and obnoxious. He was called a "story-topper" -- he could always top any story. If raven heard someone relating an experience, something worse (or better depending on the situation) had happened to him.

Admittedly the above could be a very subjective statement, or just "hearsay," but it rings true. Even the little dose you get of him on the 2-minute "Xmas greeting" video feels like that, to me.

The person who wrote me, who is LDS, noted something about that video as well -- that when Janet shows off her clothes her belly appears to be showing. The person stated that if she was LDS, that was a little strange.

It occurred to me that surely Raven bought those clothes for her. Explained it to me, if that was the case.

misterallgood said:
Just got an e-mail from someone who knew Raven a little while back. I'm going to paraphrase a particular statement from the e-mail because it was so unsurprising to me. That is, it jibed with how I've pictured his personality exactly.

Raven was loud and obnoxious. He was called a "story-topper" -- he could always top any story. If raven heard someone relating an experience, something worse (or better depending on the situation) had happened to him.

Admittedly the above could be a very subjective statement, or just "hearsay," but it rings true. Even the little dose you get of him on the 2-minute "Xmas greeting" video feels like that, to me.

The person who wrote me, who is LDS, noted something about that video as well -- that when Janet shows off her clothes her belly appears to be showing. The person stated that if she was LDS, that was a little strange.

It occurred to me that surely Raven bought those clothes for her. Explained it to me, if that was the case.

A few things I have noticed in the home photos/ videos as well:
Obviously the " I collect knives" and Raven making fun of "Southerners" in the obnoxious Christmas video and Janet putting her hand over his mouth to shut him up, finally. I don't get the feeling that they got along well at all in 2003. Of course, they separated in the Spring of 2004, so I think the perception is accurate.

Some religions are more liberal than others. Mormons have a fairly strict dress code. First of all, because if the person has been to the Temple for their individual blessing and sealing ( usually around the age of 18 or so for a person raised in the Church), they are to wear their Temple garments under their clothing at all times. It is believed to be a blessing and a protection against harm. Therefore their clothing must be modest. Even in the absence of the Temple garment, a person's body is considered to be the temple of God. I have mostly had contact with LDS friends who are older than Raven and Janet's age, but my friends' ideas of something that pushed the limit were knee length shorts and a short sleeved T shirt. Nothing sleeveless, no short shorts, no mini dresses or skirts, etc.. Their children also did NOT wear sleeveless tops past the age of 7-8 years old, or revealing clothing.
I still think that Raven and Janet mixed their LDS beliefs about clothing with some kind of Wet Seal look.

Janet wearing a string bikini in public is still in the photo archives, although it does appear to be touched up in some way to me and to another poster. I didn't do it at 21 even though I bought one and had the body for it because I was taught to be more modest, and I have always been just a mainstream Protestant.

The " Christmas breakfast" photos in which there appear to be 2 cups of coffee. I know, it COULD be dark cocoa, but Raven has commented on other soft drinks before that photo was found. LDS members have a directive from the Prophet called the " Word of Wisdom". It prohibits the use of Alcohol, tobacco, drugs except as necessary and prescribed by a doctor, and cautions against caffeine in any drinks. At LDS functions, the wives serve Kool Aid or Lemonade or just water.
I've never known an LDS person who was active in their church to drink caffeinated beverages. If a person does, they are not supposed to partake of the Sacrament that week.. It's between them and God, but it is an important act of obedience to the church.

No one's perfect, but I see these things clearly and only have my friends' actions and home environments to go on.. and the Abaroa household was very different. Almost an arrogance towards a lifelong religious belief.

LvsAMystry said:
I saw the Christmas video at your blog. Great stuff there. The knife in the video creeped me out. Wonder where it is.
That didn't creep me out at first. But when I watched the video a 2nd time, I saw Janet looking at the knife while he was talking about it and putting it away. It creeped me out only because of what Janet's fate ended up being, regardless of who did it to her.

LvsAMystry said:
Spent most of the day reading up on this one. Great observations in here. It was hard to wade through, so excuse if this has already been posted, but I thought I'd add my search into the mix.

Zabasearch
Is there specific information you found? It's just bringing me to a page telling me to go back and add a last name or something like that.

JerseyGirl said:
Is there specific information you found? It's just bringing me to a page telling me to go back and add a last name or something like that.

When you go back and add Raven Abaroa a ton of addresses pop up that correspond to him.

I can't remember now who mentioned the irony of the Quiet Questions/Quiet Answers. I find that so unbelievably bizarre!!! I forgot to mention it before but that's a very interesting observation you made ... and good thinking to research the author of his quote! According to lauriej's research, he registered at that site with the quote just this April.

Thinkoflaura said:
A few things I have noticed in the home photos/ videos as well:
Obviously the " I collect knives" and Raven making fun of "Southerners" in the obnoxious Christmas video and Janet putting her hand over his mouth to shut him up, finally. I don't get the feeling that they got along well at all in 2003. Of course, they separated in the Spring of 2004, so I think the perception is accurate.

Some religions are more liberal than others. Mormons have a fairly strict dress code. First of all, because if the person has been to the Temple for their individual blessing and sealing ( usually around the age of 18 or so for a person raised in the Church), they are to wear their Temple garments under their clothing at all times. It is believed to be a blessing and a protection against harm. Therefore their clothing must be modest. Even in the absence of the Temple garment, a person's body is considered to be the temple of God. I have mostly had contact with LDS friends who are older than Raven and Janet's age, but my friends' ideas of something that pushed the limit were knee length shorts and a short sleeved T shirt. Nothing sleeveless, no short shorts, no mini dresses or skirts, etc.. Their children also did NOT wear sleeveless tops past the age of 7-8 years old, or revealing clothing.
I still think that Raven and Janet mixed their LDS beliefs about clothing with some kind of Wet Seal look.

Janet wearing a string bikini in public is still in the photo archives, although it does appear to be touched up in some way to me and to another poster. I didn't do it at 21 even though I bought one and had the body for it because I was taught to be more modest, and I have always been just a mainstream Protestant.

The " Christmas breakfast" photos in which there appear to be 2 cups of coffee. I know, it COULD be dark cocoa, but Raven has commented on other soft drinks before that photo was found. LDS members have a directive from the Prophet called the " Word of Wisdom". It prohibits the use of Alcohol, tobacco, drugs except as necessary and prescribed by a doctor, and cautions against caffeine in any drinks. At LDS functions, the wives serve Kool Aid or Lemonade or just water.
I've never known an LDS person who was active in their church to drink caffeinated beverages. If a person does, they are not supposed to partake of the Sacrament that week.. It's between them and God, but it is an important act of obedience to the church.

No one's perfect, but I see these things clearly and only have my friends' actions and home environments to go on.. and the Abaroa household was very different. Almost an arrogance towards a lifelong religious belief.
OK - we've got a little too much Mormon doctrine here. As a MEMBER of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I can tell you emphatically that no prophet has ever told the general membership of the Church not to drink soft drinks that contain caffeine. This is a misnomer. Because coffee and tea contains caffeine, many people think that we're banned from any drink containing the stimulant, however, coffee and tea contain other harmful substances in addition to caffeine. Withdrawing from partaking in the sacrament on a weekly basis requires something a bit more egregious than drinking a Coke or Pepsi, which for the record, I do on a daily basis.

JerseyGirl said:

I guess the link didn't bring up what I meant. It's basically a name search, nothing very revealing, but it does indicate he went by Raven S Abaroa and lists his prior addresses. Interestingly, there is no NC address.

RAVEN ABAROA - 6 FREE RECORDS!
Click Name to Search Web Born Click Address for Satellite Photo Telephone Background Check Search ZabaSearch
RAVEN ABAROA (757) 357-9113 Background Check ZabaSearch RAVEN ABAROA
RAVEN ABAROA (757) 357-9113 Background Check ZabaSearch RAVEN ABAROA
RAVEN S ABAROA 1979 10798 HEATHER RIDGE DR SANDY UT Background Check ZabaSearch RAVEN S ABAROA
RAVEN S ABAROA 1 COLLEGE HILL DR BUENA VISTA VA Background Check ZabaSearch RAVEN S ABAROA
RAVEN S ABAROA 1979 5008 SIDEBURN RD FAIRFAX VA Background Check ZabaSearch RAVEN S ABAROA
RAVEN S ABAROA 1979 11138 SUNBURST LN FREDERICKSBURG VA Background Check ZabaSearch RAVEN S ABAROA

Thinkoflaura said:
The " Christmas breakfast" photos in which there appear to be 2 cups of coffee. I know, it COULD be dark cocoa, but Raven has commented on other soft drinks before that photo was found...

Almost an arrogance towards a lifelong religious belief.
Cocoa would also be caffeinated. (NCBanker, I didn't see your post before typing this - thanks for your insight.) And Janet did wear clothing that wouldn't be considered "appropriate" at times. I don't think that these necessarily mean that they weren't religious, just that they didn't adhere to all of the same beliefs as the church. So while Janet may have broken some of the customary traditions of the church, she may still have had a heart of absolute gold, and may have been a very pious person. I, myself, tend to think that a lot of customs in different religions are just that - customs. Following them or not is not an indication of your love for God. If I'm remembering correctly, in the Jewish faith, they even have what's known as Reformed temples. They still believe in the word of God but with much less strict approach & customs than the Orthodox Jews. In any case, I think oftentimes the various religions lose followers or church/temple attendees not because there aren't still believers out there but because a lot of the customs become outdated or are too strict for young people. People might want to be involved in the church but also want the freedom to express themselves in a way that works for them. I'm not at all saying that anyone is right or anyone is wrong; I'm just saying that they could be good-hearted believers in spite of the inadherence (is that a word?) to the customs. Of course, though, it doesn't jibe with some of the things that Raven seems to have claimed.

About the video, I got a totally different sense. I felt like he and Janet were just goofing around for the camera. I didn't feel as if he was making fun of Southerners but I could just be missing something. I'll watch it again. I also thought that they seemed to get along well. I think that the way Janet put her hands over his mouth was playful and endearing. It looked to me as if they got along well at least at that point in time. Maybe we just all know different types of people but I know a TON of people that goof off in front of the camera, much the way Raven was in that video. I shudder at the thought of anyone judging my character based on the way I appear in video! :eek:

The picture of Janet in the bikini does not look retouched to me. I think that the darker lines around her and not the other people in the photo are because not only was she in the foreground of the picture, she was also in the shade. Especially with digital cameras, the difference in lighting and location would make subjects appear different in the photo. Also, her hair is wet and separated and you can see the background between the sections of her hair. While there are ways to do that without the subject actually having been there, I don't think that Raven's photography skills are even close to good enough to pull that off, (if the photos on his site are any indication). He seems to think that his photoshopped images were good enough for sharing. I thought they were the most basic of basic techniques, and didn't even look good. I can do with my photos what he did with his with two clicks of my mouse. I don't think that he had the skill to paste her image into that photo, especially of adding her face to someone else's body, even if he wanted to. Finally about the photo, her sticking out her tongue to me is playful. If she was grumpy or unhappy, I don't think that she would have stood there for him to take the picture in the first place. I think that 95% of the photos that I've taken of my older daughter over the past five years have her sticking her tongue out or making other silly, ridiculous, or ugly faces. I know so many people that do that. In fact, it's poses like that, and images like her putting her hands over Raven's mouth in the video that make me think that their relationship was good, and that she didn't seem to fear him at all. That all could have changed, of course, but I don't see it in their photos & videos.

Hey, this just dawned on me. Anyone wondering where that dog went? And if they still had it, where was it on the night of Janet's murder? I thought that I had seen a dog bed in one of the pictures of Kaiden. Can anyone back me up on this?

misterallgood said:
The original does that. It appears it was corrupted at that point when he uploaded it.
Oh, okay. I didn't know if there was any way to fix up the file. I would have loved to see the video from that point on. Oh well. Thanks so much for all of the effort you've been putting into this, and for the other cases that are discussed in your blog.

JerseyGirl said:
Oh, okay. I didn't know if there was any way to fix up the file. I would have loved to see the video from that point on. Oh well. Thanks so much for all of the effort you've been putting into this, and for the other cases that are discussed in your blog.
You are more than welcome. Thank you to you and everyone else who reads. I do other blogging just for myself, but it does matter to me if folks read The Dark Side.

Mr. A/Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members