LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that the findmickeynow@yahoo.com e-mail is monitored for ground search suggestions. Send them your map and they will take action, if that area hasn't already been searched. If you have a tip about the area include that in your e-mail.
Most e-mails receive a reply so you will know that your tip has been read.

That email is no longer in service. My email was sent back to me.
Just wanted you to know that. Thank you all the same.

Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (findmickeynow@yahoo.com)

I wonder if the Shunicks have contacted their Representatives or Senator for assistance with LE, if they are not really getting much more feedback than the community is getting. I think that is something I would try, if I felt helpless in a situation like this.

Of course maybe LE is being more forthcoming with the family, but they certainly are not with the community members. I get the feeling LE is avoiding media because they have so little to offer in the way of assurance. Most LE likes to pat themselves on the back enough to come out and declare that they will not rest, will find the victim, will go to trial, etc...we hear that much in other cases, as a rule. In this case, not a single word in a month, of a new case. A month is not a long time, relatively speaking, for a case that is many months, or years old, but it is a very long time in a six-week old abduction.

About the NC incident, I think it took 10 days to release because perhaps it took a while to find the perp on camera. I am really glad they posted that picture. I don't know where they got it, but the floor reveals an interesting pattern (inlaid?) So I am assuming they scanned much video to find it. That floor is a clue to where he was. The victim had a good description and could identify the perp. I wish we knew more about the background---- if she left a group of friends or where she was previously.

thank you bunnyhop, very good point about it possibly taking 10 days to find a picture. i was jumping to conclusions and didn't even think about that being a reason. Duh!

either way, that possibility makes me feel much more confident in LE. my mistake

I don't see why this perp(s) has to be especially smart...he took a woman and her bike, got rid of the bike, probably the woman as well...and so far the woman has not been found. Nothing there to make him a genius in my opinion.

i think it's the bump and snatch (faking an accident) that people are considering "clever"

this way, he can possibly get the girl in his car and take her from there. if she declines, then he moves on and just pretends it was an accident.

i guess it's more "clever" than a home invasion (alarm systems, neighbors, dogs, possible weapons in the home)

I wonder if the Shunicks have contacted their Representatives or Senator for assistance with LE, if they are not really getting much more feedback than the community is getting. I think that is something I would try, if I felt helpless in a situation like this.

Of course maybe LE is being more forthcoming with the family, but they certainly are not with the community members. I get the feeling LE is avoiding media because they have so little to offer in the way of assurance. Most LE likes to pat themselves on the back enough to come out and declare that they will not rest, will find the victim, will go to trial, etc...we hear that much in other cases, as a rule. In this case, not a single word in a month, of a new case. A month is not a long time, relatively speaking, for a case that is many months, or years old, but it is a very long time in a six-week old abduction.

BBM

THAT is what upsets me. I can't understand why they don't come out and simply reassure the public that they are working on this. We need a pep talk. I feel like it's cold not reassuring the public for such a long time. Also, i feel like their words could stir up thinking caps and eyes again. She seems totally forgotten in Baton Rouge, which is only 20 miles East of Whiskey Bay and is a college town. Of course the college girls here are still riding their bikes around in the dark. I almost want to roll down my window and say, "Honey, your daddy would not like seeing you riding around in the dark. Now get your lil' hiney home, ok?!"

I don't see why this perp(s) has to be especially smart...he took a woman and her bike, got rid of the bike, probably the woman as well...and so far the woman has not been found. Nothing there to make him a genius in my opinion.

He doesn't have to be smart. The Green River Killer was not considered smart however when it came to killing, he was. A killer only has to be smart in ways to kill and evade capture.

No, cluciano63, he doesn't have to be genius..only lucky..with each additional innocent victim devoured, he will hone his skills..

Gary Ridgway, whose IQ was in the low 80's, yet amassed a high number of victims; convicted of 49, confessed to least 71, presumed to be 90+. He was thought to be idiot savant by LE and was active for over two decades. He was eventually identified & arrested 11/2001 due to dna upgrades, but was a suspect 2 decades earlier.

The NC victim's successful escape reminds me of a prior rape/murder attempt;
John Albert Gardner III (CA), convicted rapist/murderer of teenagers Chelsea King & Amber Dubois, attempted to rape Candice Moncayo, whose father was a kick boxing champion. She was able to thwart the rape attempt by an elbow to his chin.

You know a case has gone cold if the current thread was started five days ago and has 1433 posts but there's no real need to start a new one.

At whatever time I posted that there were two members on this thread and like 5 guests. (Don't remember how many exactly) its pretty obvious people are losing interest. It is a lot different than earlier on when everytime I'd get on I'd have pages and pages to read through. Sometimes Wed go through a whole thread per day. There were always lots of people signed in with lots to say.....now not so much. And I find it odd that the guests outnumbered members at the time when I made my post.
Moo

I wouldn't get discouraged about it. Its Saturday after all and people probably have a lot to do. We sure did and had to put up with a high of 107 at one point. The heat may have wore some folks out. This group seems highly interested in this case, I'm sure they'll come back, especially if there is just a tidbit of evidence.:grouphug:

I have doubts about whether the attempted abduction/attack in NC is connected to Mickie in any way. There are plenty of violent criminals to go around for every state to have their very own...

I would think it might be connected to the Kelli Bordeaux case if anything. It was in Fayetteville I believe. There is a thread here about her. That is a very puzzling case also. And once again its another cute petite blond. It seems it never ends.

While I am on this thought process did LE ever state that they had video of Mickey leaving Artmosphere?

I would think it might be connected to the Kelli Bordeaux case if anything. It was in Fayetteville I believe. There is a thread here about her. That is a very puzzling case also. And once again its another cute petite blond. It seems it never ends.

Well, Kelli left the bar with a registered sex offender, so there is that...JMO

The dogs picked up no scent of Mickey whatsoever correct?

This is a very telling statement if it is true. They picked up no scent of her anywhere? This could only mean that she left not on a bicycle but in a car. This is an important statement if it is true. Where did the dogs pick up her scent?

This is a very telling statement if it is true. They picked up no scent of her anywhere? This could only mean that she left not on a bicycle but in a car. This is an important statement if it is true. Where did the dogs pick up her scent?

These dogs are amazing. Yes they can be wrong that is why there are usually more than one.

To my understanding there was no scent of her picked up anywhere. If I am wrong could someone please correct me?

I don't know if we were told about any results from dogs? Just that they were used? does anyone know of a link...I will look...

These dogs are amazing. Yes they can be wrong that is why there are usually more than one.

To my understanding there was no scent of her picked up anywhere. If I am wrong could someone please correct me?

Hrm. The dogs did not pick up her scent ANYWHERE? No phone records? No cell records? No tower ping logs? Her phone battery just happened to be dead but she was riding home on a bike at 2 a.m.? Someting ain't right here. I think all of this information exists, just someone is holding on to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie