my etsy shop

what do all of you think so far i know i need to add more stuff to it anything particular you think i should make sell. i am waiting on some fabric cord to come in so i can post up some pendants for sale i have some glass and some sliver ones. i used to make jewelry years ago was good at it but stopped doing it because i was not making any money.

You are on the right track, but with 23,998 other beaded hoop earrings on Etsy, its terribly competitive. I think you might benefit from a little better photography, to catch the eye and make your things stand out from the crowd.
I make jewelry too, isn't it fun?

its fun i just got some pendants in and make a few necklaces i have some stuff coming in from listia and yarseller so i can make more glass pendant and charm necklaces, i want to find a class on how to make drop earrings with the eye pins, i saw some chain bracelets at the craft store that i might pick up one or 2 and finish them with some charms and a clasp.

i went to walmart the other day and got a bracelet kit for 4.99 it had like 4 bracelets in them. the quality for the charm ones were like ones u would find in a vending machine. i might list them up on listia as like something for a child to wear. the other 2 bracelets were stretch so i used the beads which were of a better quality to make some hoop earrings with them.

i found a few local bead stores in my area i am more looking for glass miurano pendants but they really did not have much.

then on the way to a friends house i stopped at a bead store near her it was a yarn and bead store. i was looking for a bail and the women had no idea what a bail was, not sure if she was the owner but it looked like the store was mostly yarn and she was more familar with that and they just started to add the beads part of the store.

i used to do beading years ago i was making bracelets nothing to fancy just using the stretch cord
nothing to brag about or want to sell i was passing them off to family and friends.

i also bake and do amazing things with cupcakes and cake pops, my business is slow so i decided to get back into beading to make some extra $$$ on the side

Don't pay for a class, I learned everything from simple stringing and dangles to bead weaving, flamework and glass fusing right here on the Internet.

Here's a good tutorial for charms and dangles...
http://www.avisualmind.com/school/r541/lesson1/step4.html

I used to buy a lot of my supplies online too, but my Hobby Lobby, Michaels and JoAnn's stores have all improved in the beadwork and jewelry making departments, and it's faster when I want something today.

Show us what you make!

I have made some necklaces and bracelets a year or so when they first come out. I got bored and now have a ton of beads. I did find on pint rest some things to do with some of the beads. (sun catchers) Some are too expensive to bake though.

I couldn't pull you website up from my iPad, I will have to check out on computer tomorrow.

Good luck with your little etsy store and congratulations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back