Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

Di, thank you for sharing your pictures. I made pillowcases a couple days ago in honor of Ethan and my nephew Devon. They are being donated to Doernbechers so each child can have their own pillowcase and if they're able to go home they get to take them home. I am planning on making as many as I can. I was trying to think of ways to get fabric donated and then I'd make them. But I wanted you to know I was doing this. Our church headed it up and I thought of Ethan and Devon and said I'd do it......

Those are amazing, Anngelique! :blowkiss:

Seahorseladydi,

That picture you posted of Ethan just hours before the tragic accident literally moved me to tears. What a happy boy! It's so nice to see his smiles and his bright eyes. I guess that's all any of us can ever wish for our children.

I think of you and your family every day. Words seem inadequate to express how I feel. May love embrace you during this time. Please keep us posted.

love,

SCM

Sorry South, I have to quote this post, especially the first part, what a happy little boy with such a winning smile..

Seahorse, I want to be angry for you- this is not fair...but being angry never helped anything I dont think...
I think you are incredibly brave and I am so sad for you, bless little Ethan and bless you.

Those are amazing, Anngelique! :blowkiss:

Thank you SCM! They're simple. I'm heading up a mini-crusade to get fabric to make tons of them for a couple hospitals. Lynie's daughter is a cancer survivor and she was treated at a local hospital here and then my nephew Devon was at the other pediatric hospital. I have been calling fabric stores and I have an ad on Craigslist trying to get more fabric. I've already received one email and a lady wants to make some herself and donate. It's really grand what a few people can do to make a difference.

I just wish our Ethan was one of the lucky children who could have taken one of these home but I'm sure Di would want other children to have that opportunity.

Ethan's smile warms my soul. I pray you and your family are doing a little better each day Di. Remember Ethan is being cared for by angels now! :blowkiss:

Sorry South, I have to quote this post, especially the first part, what a happy little boy with such a winning smile..

Seahorse, I want to be angry for you- this is not fair...but being angry never helped anything I dont think...
I think you are incredibly brave and I am so sad for you, bless little Ethan and bless you.

Hi Narla! :blowkiss: Seahorse is braver than I believe I could be, that's for sure.

I was drawn to this forum because of Poconosleuther being missing (and now found) and that is how I came upon this thread.

God has a new angel for sure and one with pretty blue eyes and a cute little smile that will light up Heaven - no doubt. I know we will all understand why these things happen when we finally go Home ourselves. There is a bigger purpose for why we come here in the first place but I don't think we'll ever quite understand it until we get Home and stay Home.

Ethan will always be with you, night and day, rain or shine, happy or sad . . . talk to him . . . and he'll hear you.

I'm so sorry that this happened to Ethan but Ethan had a plan I think and he fulfilled it - didn't he?

I am so thankful to all of you here.... I read this thread often to remind myself that there are good people out there..... I cry as I read most of the time but it is a "good" cry..... I can't believe all the different emotions I have been thru in the past 3 1/2 weeks...... (I have been thankful not to hit anger, I pray to god every day that I don't EVER get angry over this)

I do talk to Ethan.... every morning and every night.... and alot of times during the day....

It is so "strange" to be in a room full of people and feel lonely.....and to have this emptiness ..... nothing can help it..... nothing can fill it up..... it is just there.....

I love the idea of the pillow cases... Ethan was at Emanual and we were able to keep the quilt that someone had so beautifully made for him to use while in the hospital...... I know my mom has a bunch of material that she does not use that I would LOVE to ship your way..... and I will check with a friend of mine that is in Klamath Falls (they are the group leader for Free cycle)

Today has not been a good day..... alot of tears...... I think part of it is because we got the follow up letter from the transplant place yesterday....... The heart went to a 9 yr old little girl in California, The Liver went to a 10 yr old little girl in Washington and the kidneys went to two women 51 and 37 in Calif and NY....

Thank you all for letting me just "ramble" it really DOES HELP!

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so thankful to all of you here.... I read this thread often to remind myself that there are good people out there..... I cry as I read most of the time but it is a "good" cry..... I can't believe all the different emotions I have been thru in the past 3 1/2 weeks...... (I have been thankful not to hit anger, I pray to god every day that I don't EVER get angry over this)

I do talk to Ethan.... every morning and every night.... and alot of times during the day....

It is so "strange" to be in a room full of people and feel lonely.....and to have this emptiness ..... nothing can help it..... nothing can fill it up..... it is just there.....

I love the idea of the pillow cases... Ethan was at Emanual and we were able to keep the quilt that someone had so beautifully made for him to use while in the hospital...... I know my mom has a bunch of material that she does not use that I would LOVE to ship your way..... and I will check with a friend of mine that is in Klamath Falls (they are the group leader for Free cycle)

Today has not been a good day..... alot of tears...... I think part of it is because we got the follow up letter from the transplant place yesterday....... The heart went to a 9 yr old little girl in California, The Liver went to a 10 yr old little girl in Washington and the kidneys went to two women 51 and 37 in Calif and NY....

Just hugs sweetheart, just hugs!

LadyDi, I know each and every one of those families will be forever grateful of your gift from Ethan. I hope those were tears of joy that Ethan is happy he saved lives. He did it!

The gift of life to four people. Thats huge. Thank you for being who you are. I hope peace will come soon.:blowkiss:

Seahorseladydi,

That picture you posted of Ethan just hours before the tragic accident literally moved me to tears. What a happy boy! It's so nice to see his smiles and his bright eyes. I guess that's all any of us can ever wish for our children.

I think of you and your family every day. Words seem inadequate to express how I feel. May love embrace you during this time. Please keep us posted.

love,

SCM
Gosh me too.
Bless you and your family (((S-LadyDi))).

This brings tears to my eyes. One of my favorite places in the world is here in our beautiful Oregon and mainly in the mountains enjoying the serenity and peace. Knowing this was Ethan's last memory before the tragedy is comforting to me in a small way. God truly must have needed Ethan to be taken in such a bizarre way! My heart is so full. As I said before I was saddened when I heard this on our local news but then to find out it's someone I knew from WS made it hit home even harder! I can't fanthom what you're going through right now. I know what it's like almost losing someone as you probably know I'm Devon's aunt... he's the boy from Yamhill that was in a coma for 2 years before finally waking up. We were told his brain didn't have activity and that knowledge was HORRIBLE... but we tried hard to hold onto faith. I know if Devon was taken that he would have been in a better place. Ethan is in that better place. He was an innocent child and thus will receive all God's blessings and living with him. There is joy in that. Hang in there Di....you have a lot of love and support and Ethan would want you to be happy. I pray with time happiness will come. For now, please have peace in knowing Ethan is loved, cared for and never again will experience sorrow, pain or sickness. He has received what all human's born want to receive... eternal life.:blowkiss:

What a beautiful, heartfelt post, Laura. I totally agree with you. I am crying as i send you a huge hug. Sending you many hugs and all of my comfort too, Seahorselady. Your precious little angel is now truly an angel, safe in God's arms where there is no pain, only joy and peace. May God bless you and give you strength and acceptance. And remember that we are all here for you, whenever you need us. Just reach out to us, anytime. :blowkiss:

I've never experienced anything close to the grief that you're experiencing. But if it helps even just a little, I know the feeling that you described above. It's almost like you're in bubble and even though all of those people are around you, you can't quite feel them or be a part of them. I think that it's something that only time can heal.

You are such a strong, brave person, Di. I can't believe that you can even get out of bed in the mornings but to come here and post pictures of your dear boy to share with us is so incredibly gracious. The last picture of Ethan with his daddy and sister (?) is so gorgeous - to see how happy he was; it really does bring tears to the eyes. The picture of you holding his hand - when I see it, I almost feel like someone's standing on my chest - it's unbearable to even THINK about what you've been through and continue to go through. I'm so incredibly sorry.

Hi LadyDi, thank you for sharing your story and the photo of Ethan in your sig is so precious. He was just so adorable. Such a sweet smile he has. I love the way his hair is fixed. Did you style it or did Ethan style his hair?
Tell us about Ethan, if you don't mind...I would love to hear more about him.
Wishing much strength and love to you and your family. You can "ramble" all you want; we are here for you. :blowkiss:

Ok, I got the pictures smaller....

Ethan1035.jpg

This was taken the weekend before the accident.... we went to the beach

468F05A10007F48100003A9C22070206530.jpg
He always wanted a mohawk.... his older brother gave him one while mom and dad were gone one day.... ROFL!

Ethan1013.jpg

Last known picture taken of Ethan, June 21st at 8:57pm.... 1 1/2 hours later he would be gone.....

momethan2.jpg

Holding my little man's hand....
I got such goose bumps looking at these photos, Di. Thank you again for sharing your photos of Ethan. Ethan, a child with such a fun loving spirit. Am so very sorry for your loss. I am a loss for words; I know he is greatly missed.

ariel

Di, I will be thinking of you and your loved ones today- the day of Ethan's memorial service.

I will be there in spirit and will light a candle today for Ethan- to celebrate his life.

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures with us. Such beautiful memories you must have.

Just coming back on this thread to catch up and see how you are doing. I'm glad I did, as I just saw the pictures you posted. So very touching, I teared up immediately. It helps "us" out here feel just even a smidgen more of the pain you are going through. Although "we" out here cannot take the loneliness away that you mentioned...I hope you realize how much we care and wish we could help in that regard. So many times we talk about cyber-hugs, etc. There's many people on many boards that I care about; however, if I only had one cyber-hug to give, I would send it to you. :blushing:

Just realize there are people all over this great earth that are thinking of you and your family. And dear Ethan, who saved several lives in his own special way:blowkiss:

LadyDi:

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your precious Ethan. What a cutie!

I just wanted you to know I still think about you and your family and wish you the best.

You are all in my prayers.

{{hugs}}
fran

LadyDi,
Please know that I am thinking of you, and your family today.
I feel as though I know you personally now, and your precious sweet boy, Ethan. My heart hurts for you Di. I am so so sorry for the loss you're having to go through. I have 3 children, I can not even begin to imagine.

I want you to know you and yours' are being held up in prayer, I have kept you in my prayers and in my heart since hearing of your tragedy.
People all over are sending love, prayers and hugs to you.
Love from my heart to yours, " sweetmop in NC "

Seahorse - I've just read the whole thread, and to say it made me cry is an understatement.

I wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your little man. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are feeling right now, a pain I know will stay with you forever.

I want to commend you on your bravery Seahorse, your thoughtfulness amazes me. We all talk about donating organs of loved ones, but I could never imagine that thought coming into my head immediately after losing one of my children.

The fact that whilst you are trying to cope with the loss of your little boy, you immediately thought of saving other peoples lives - this in itself shows what wonderful selfless people you and your husband are.

The photos are beautiful, what a little cutie.

My heart goes out to you and your family Seahorse - God Bless You :blowkiss:

Di,
I've been out of town for a week and just arrived back home. I'm just checking in to tell you I am still thinking of you and your family and wishing you peace. The photos you shared of your precious little boy are wonderful. Hugs to you...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back