50/60 year old Amnesia Victim, Savannah, Ga area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I began searching on the date he was found have gone backwards on different sites so far. I searched one site last night back to 2000. (Took four hours and found nothing except many, many missing people other than BK.)

While it is reasonable to believe the amnesia occurred due to the attack, there simply isn't any way to know.

I found the good link to the story about the man with amnesia who was found by his wife after 12 years. Here it is: http://www.dailyherald.com/story/print/?id=37918

~snipped from the article above~
According to Dr. Kathy Borchardt, director of neuropsychology at Central DuPage Hospital's Neurosciences Institute in Winfield, retrograde amnesia is unusual. A case that lasts for several years is "extremely rare," she said.
An individual who suffers amnesia due to a head injury typically loses the memories immediately after the trauma, said Borchardt, who has never treated Hyzy. And most cases of memory loss are resolved in three to six months, she said. But many mysteries still surround the brain.
"Memory is not a simple process," she said. "There's a lot we still don't know about head injuries and amnesia."
Different memories involve different areas of the brain and separate pathways between those areas. Name recognition, for example, is processed differently than relational memory, such as knowing who your wife is.

Which sites have you all searched? I was on the NCMA site earlier today, but also found nothing remotely similar. I wish wish wish there was just one consistant site for the missing. Until then, we'll keep digging...

just to let everyone know.. I searched all of www.missingadultsmap.com for every state starting yesterday and finished today, everything I thought was a good lead, I forwarded to BKs nurse. I went back as far as 1997 just to be safe. I started on NCMA, for each state, viewing every last name, every pic that remotely resembles BK, and also any names with Benjamin.. its a long, slow process and more eyes are best! Good luck, lets find his family!

Great work! However, I would prefer we discuss them here instead of forwarding them on to the nurse. If we weed out the ones we feel either are not applicable or don't match...we can alleviate some of the pressure on her.

I went through the North American Missing Persons Network (www.nampn.org) for hours last night. While it isn't the best of sites for searching (you have to click on every name to get any info), I went back as far as 2000...so I have more to go on that site today.

I think we can forgo NCMC/NCMA as they have already searched diligently and found nothing there.

I did post them here also.. sorry I wasn't clear about that in my post :0) .. only had a couple that I thought might be or could be him..

What about Thomas Ray James? http://www.nampn.org/cases/james_thomas_ray.html BlueCat mentioned him earlier, and I think he's a possibility. He's from Michigan, but his car was found in Kentucky.

I was searching at nampn.org also, I searched April - September, 2004 and he's the only one I felt was close enough to post.

What about Thomas Ray James? http://www.nampn.org/cases/james_thomas_ray.html BlueCat mentioned him earlier, and I think he's a possibility. He's from Michigan, but his car was found in Kentucky.

I was searching at nampn.org also, I searched April - September, 2004 and he's the only one I felt was close enough to post.
Yes, I saw him too...his nose seems too wide and his eyes are brown.

I've become obsessed with this case....I searched again this afternoon....check this one out....

http://www.dse.vd.ch/police/communique_presse/2005/051120.htm

According to babelfish, here is what the French text says:

Mr. Ferenc MAYER, born 21.08.1951 the, originating one in Lausanne, doctor for the ICRC, disappeared since the 18.12.2001. It was then in Pretoria, in South Africa. Description: 177 cm, white race, mean stoutness, blue eyes, carry a scar on the upper lip and the thigh of the left leg. Us prions people in measurement to provide us an indication about disappeared to agree to inform the municipal Police force of Lausanne to the telephone number 021 315 15 15 or it police station nearest.

BK's hair isn't gray tho. It does match everything else quite well. Did you try doing a search on his name and last location? Maybe he is listed on other sites or they have one set up for him somewhere.

Unfortunately not that I can find. The only place Timothy Felton is listed is the Iowa missing person's page.

I have searched a million sites, literally! :banghead: Can you say obsessed? I have searched through the Texas DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse, California DOJ Missing Persons, and almost every state that had an offical state or police missing persons website. I've also searched tons of local police departments from Florida to Ohio to Washington and beyond as well as all the regular missing persons websites such as Charley Project, DoeNetwork, etc. I've gone back as far as the 80's because you never know, hence William Herbert Pear. Anyone I've found who could be a potential match I've posted on this thread. BK has a very distinctive look and sad to say, I can't help but wonder if anyone has even reported him missing. On the bright side though, I am soooo glad that the major media outlets are starting to pick his story up, hopefully he'll have some answers soon!

BK's hair is gray. His mustache is brown with a touch of gray in it too.

http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/news.apx.-content-articles-SAV-2007-10-15-0025.html
I don't consider his hair to be gray. I would consider it to certainly be brown with some graying...but definitely not gray. When he went missing in 2004 or before, it would have been even more brown, imo.

BenjamanKyle7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member