CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat, one of the sisters of the two women sueing Greenhawk has stated that her sister and colleague said the police gave out the wrong location of the car it was indeed infront of the business. The car was not in the condition it was revealed to the public. The first person who saw the car is still employed whereas they are not.

Go to the discussion section on FB if link does not work.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=150855371605879&topic=197

So let's assume for a moment that LE has floated some false information. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Sometimes these things are done for a reason. What could that reason be?

Meanwhile, I've started thinking about boots. I've looked up riding boots, army boots and OPP boots. If details about the car are wrong, what about the boots?

Why an equestrian store? I don't see any connection to horses, with the exception of LE on horseback at the scene where SV was found.

As an "equestrienne", I frequent several feed/tack shops in my area. Something they regularly stock is boots.

Work boots. With steel toes. Because nothing hurts worse than 1400 pounds of horse standing on your feet. Really. I personally wear Ariat paddock boots, and had my 1300 pound horse step and turn on my right foot. The nail was torn - through the boots - and I eventually lost the nail. The boot itself was just fine. So boots are really important to us horsefolk.

If the car was found behind a feed/tack store, I would be quite interested in seeing who, if anyone, was at work first thing in the morning. Since a lot of what's purchased there are heavy items (hay bales, #50 bags of feed/bedding), I am sure there are some (strong, young) men who work in the 'back area' where these things are stored. Further, there may have been an early delivery of hay, feed, or whatever else.

If I were LE, I'd be looking hard at what invoices or delivery were expected that morning. I would also be checking stock to see if boots had disappeared. And I would also be questioning all employees.

I've read conflicting reports as to this store being a family owned store, as well as a chain store. If it's a family store, it would make sense to investigate the family or whomever had keys. If it's not a family store, it would make sense to investigate the employees.

It would make sense that the bad guy's car was parked in a place where it would cause no suspicion...i.e., it was a known car for the area, which would not make anyone think twice about it. Parking Sonia's car there, or closeby, would allow someone to have their 'get away' ride in a place that there would be no hinky meter triggering if it was seen overnight/early morning...such as a parking lot where deliveries are made before work hours.

I want them to find Sonia's murderer...as I've said before, this hits home in many ways; this tack store involvement is just another element of the 'close to home' factors, seeing as I go to one at least once a week.

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

As an "equestrienne", I frequent several feed/tack shops in my area. Something they regularly stock is boots.

Work boots. With steel toes. Because nothing hurts worse than 1400 pounds of horse standing on your feet. Really. I personally wear Ariat paddock boots, and had my 1300 pound horse step and turn on my right foot. The nail was torn - through the boots - and I eventually lost the nail. The boot itself was just fine. So boots are really important to us horsefolk.

If the car was found behind a feed/tack store, I would be quite interested in seeing who, if anyone, was at work first thing in the morning. Since a lot of what's purchased there are heavy items (hay bales, #50 bags of feed/bedding), I am sure there are some (strong, young) men who work in the 'back area' where these things are stored. Further, there may have been an early delivery of hay, feed, or whatever else.

If I were LE, I'd be looking hard at what invoices or delivery were expected that morning. I would also be checking stock to see if boots had disappeared. And I would also be questioning all employees.

I've read conflicting reports as to this store being a family owned store, as well as a chain store. If it's a family store, it would make sense to investigate the family or whomever had keys. If it's not a family store, it would make sense to investigate the employees.

It would make sense that the bad guy's car was parked in a place where it would cause no suspicion...i.e., it was a known car for the area, which would not make anyone think twice about it. Parking Sonia's car there, or closeby, would allow someone to have their 'get away' ride in a place that there would be no hinky meter triggering if it was seen overnight/early morning...such as a parking lot where deliveries are made before work hours.

I want them to find Sonia's murderer...as I've said before, this hits home in many ways; this tack store involvement is just another element of the 'close to home' factors, seeing as I go to one at least once a week.

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

It's a franchise operation, with locations across the country:

http://www.greenhawk.net/cgi-local/...or.html?L+scstore+pclz5322ff341334+1285477389

So, I guess the car must not have been found with both doors and trunk open, according to what I see here and at Facebook. Well, either way, it makes sense to me, both doors open for someone to steal the car, or nothing open.

But, if nothing was open, then SOMETHING must have alerted the ladies to phone the police about the car, wherever it was parked.

Why didn't the 1st employee to see the car at Greenhawk call the police? Were they instructed not to? Did the ladies disobey orders directed at them by management? The statements I read by Greenhawk seemed very callous and unprofessional, especially considering the matter at hand. MOO

So let's assume for a moment that LE has floated some false information. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. Sometimes these things are done for a reason. What could that reason be?

Meanwhile, I've started thinking about boots. I've looked up riding boots, army boots and OPP boots. If details about the car are wrong, what about the boots?

Why an equestrian store? I don't see any connection to horses, with the exception of LE on horseback at the scene where SV was found.

Well, SS, that's a good point. What about the boots?

I would think, since LE had those boots to show everyone at the presser, that they are quite certain the perp wore MWW boots.

But, if WindRiver or Dakota was not found worded in the print itself, isn't there a remote possibilty that some knock-off boot could have been similar in print to the MWW brand?

And the plot thickens check out this link on FB says LE is witholding info.

Pat Hogge is the sister of one of those women from Greenhawk. Read what she has to say.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?uid=150855371605879&topic=197

If LE witholding information means not jeopordizing the investigation, I have no problem with it. I am privey to some information from my family member involved in this case, but will not share it in this forum as I do not want to jeopordize the solving of this horrible crime.
This killer WILL be caught. I don't want to see everyone going down rabbit trails with all the speculation about Greenhawk. This just diverts the attention from the real case.

If LE witholding information means not jeopordizing the investigation, I have no problem with it. I am privey to some information from my family member involved in this case, but will not share it in this forum as I do not want to jeopordize the solving of this horrible crime.
This killer WILL be caught. I don't want to see everyone going down rabbit trails with all the speculation about Greenhawk. This just diverts the attention from the real case.

I agree I'm just wondering though if LE has a plan why is an arrest taking so long?

I want them to arrest someone quickly, as in yesterday, but I want them to do it correctly so there is no chance of this slime getting off on a technicality. I would imagine a lot goes into an arrest of a murder suspect; it certainly isn't like its portrayed on TV.

So, I guess the car must not have been found with both doors and trunk open, according to what I see here and at Facebook. Well, either way, it makes sense to me, both doors open for someone to steal the car, or nothing open.

But, if nothing was open, then SOMETHING must have alerted the ladies to phone the police about the car, wherever it was parked.

Why didn't the 1st employee to see the car at Greenhawk call the police? Were they instructed not to? Did the ladies disobey orders directed at them by management? The statements I read by Greenhawk seemed very callous and unprofessional, especially considering the matter at hand. MOO

Well maybe it wasn't found with the doors and trunk open so the first employee didn't really notice anything amiss. The other two might have noticed the blood on the back and that it had been in a customer parking lot for at least over an hour and the customer wasn't in their store. Why did they go to that back parking lot an hour after the store opened anyway? Or did they both show up to work together at that time? :waitasec:

If all the media got were the pictures that we've seen, they may have been the ones to jump to all the conclusions. The tape and the police vehicle behind the town hall would certainly appear as though the car was there. And if they got pictures of the car with the doors and trunk open, perhaps they made the assumption that it was found that way.

Since LE are keeping everything so close to the vest, it doesn't hurt them for there to be false information in the media. Any tips that they may get regarding false location or the state of the car can be discounted IYKWIM.

MOO

Well maybe it wasn't found with the doors and trunk open so the first employee didn't really notice anything amiss. The other two might have noticed the blood on the back and that it had been in a customer parking lot for at least over an hour and the customer wasn't in their store. Why did they go to that back parking lot an hour after the store opened anyway? Or did they both show up to work together at that time? :waitasec:

If all the media got were the pictures that we've seen, they may have been the ones to jump to all the conclusions. The tape and the police vehicle behind the town hall would certainly appear as though the car was there. And if they got pictures of the car with the doors and trunk open, perhaps they made the assumption that it was found that way.

Since LE are keeping everything so close to the vest, it doesn't hurt them for there to be false information in the media. Any tips that they may get regarding false location or the state of the car can be discounted IYKWIM.

MOO

[bbm]

The articles state that the first employee arrived an hour prior to those two women and noticed the car but did not call the police. When the two women arrived, the first employee told them about the car and they went out to check it out, then called police (presumably when they saw blood but that is just my assumption).

Certainly LE has left the door open for speculation by making the connection with boots, and riding boots being a logical connection to the (misleading information about the) location of the car.

And the plot thickens check out this link on FB says LE is witholding info.

Pat Hogge is the sister of one of those women from Greenhawk. Read what she has to say.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?uid=150855371605879&topic=197

I find it difficult to believe these two women have their motivations rooted in honorability. Pat Hogge posts: 'Neither women wish to cause any distress to the family of Sonia Varaschin. '

If they really don't want to cause distress, instruct Pat Hogge to keep her mouth shut as the police have asked. These two women, through Pat Hogge's postings may have already compromised the investigation by posting what she has. These women get interviewed by police, are asked to keep it to themselves, at least one of them blabs to her sister who posts it on Facebook. If the investigation goes pear shaped because of this, it would reflect negatively on Greenhawk. How is this for a headline:
Greenhawk Employees Foil Police Efforts!
I'd fire them too. Morons.

bumping up Kae's post
really good google street views here of Greenhawk and the health unit next door

I couldnt find Kae's post to quote about the street views compared to the newspapers photo of the crime scene. I thought that is matched also but there are a few things that I see that are different. I photoshoped the 2 photos and added arrows to show what i believe to be different.

Anyone else see it?

son.jpg

to me her car looks to be in the middle parking space since there is a car to the left and looking where the 1st car is it appears to be at the edge of the building without a space beside it

Starting on the left and the arrow pointing up. - it looks like traffic is moving the same direction and her car, as i can see what looks to be a yellow line down the middle of the road? and looking at the street view it looks to be a parking lot on the left?

The top arrow pointing right - What is that? It looks like a tree branch with a bit of follage under it towards the edge of the photo? In the street view no tree is close ( Yes i know it could be a older street view but looking at it, its all concret anywhere near the building.

the bottom arrow pointing right - also green follage but no way that it could be in the street view as its all concret.

Am i out to lunch ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member