MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder! Kara's story will be profiled on ID Discovery's show Disappeared tonight (Monday) at 10PM EST. They tend to replay the shows again a couple hours later if you miss the first airing.

just watched kara's story on ID's "Disappeared". . .
i remember when i first saw kara's picture on my local walmart's "missing people" wall the first week she went missing. from time to time, i kept checking online to see if she was found or there was a tip or sighting of her.
now, it's been nearly 3 years and there hasn't been any good news. her case keeps me worrying and wishing she would come home one day. i really hope she would be found safe soon.

Kara's story is on Nancy Grace today.

thank you, i had missed the nancy grace show and was wondering is she has repeats? i caught the I.D. channel one though.
imo, it's very shady that the police asked her parents to drop charges against karas abusive exbf, there's no strategy in that!
kylr should be looked at as a suspect, imo.

thank you, i had missed the nancy grace show and was wondering is she has repeats? i caught the I.D. channel one though.
imo, it's very shady that the police asked her parents to drop charges against karas abusive exbf, there's no strategy in that!
kylr should be looked at as a suspect, imo.

Yes, but only by another outside organization outside the Belton LE. He would only be a suspect if there was a massive coverup, otherwise he did pass the polygraph and did have an alibi.

Was there any new information released from the show that nobody was award of? Sorry I missed this, apparently don't get the channel.

the new information i got was that there was a sighting of kara in louisburg, kansas at a GROCERY store WORKING there. turns out, it was not her but someone who looked like her. this tells me that the other sighting at louisburg's burger king with the young male was not actually kara. they said that composite of the young male that was sighted there looked like the girl (who looked similar to kara)'s male friend also.

I have just started following this case after watching Disappeared, so here is my question....The friend who also filed a missing person report by walking into the Belton PD at 5PM that Friday, said that she had not seen Kelsey at school for 2 days, well I would like to know if this friend has had any ties with the xbf, why would a student elect to just walk into a Police Dept and file a missing persons report without first talking to the parents, heck maybe she was sick those 2 days and had also been grounded and had her phone taken away...I just don't see a student making a missing person report unless she knows alot more about why Kelsey was missing...Did anyone else find that strange?

In the above post I meant Kara not sure why I was saying Kelsey it is to late to do an edit on my post sorry about that.

I have just started following this case after watching Disappeared, so here is my question....The friend who also filed a missing person report by walking into the Belton PD at 5PM that Friday, said that she had not seen Kelsey at school for 2 days, well I would like to know if this friend has had any ties with the xbf, why would a student elect to just walk into a Police Dept and file a missing persons report without first talking to the parents, heck maybe she was sick those 2 days and had also been grounded and had her phone taken away...I just don't see a student making a missing person report unless she knows alot more about why Kelsey was missing...Did anyone else find that strange?

This has been the first I've heard of this, someone other than the family filing a missing persons report. There is a lot we still don't know as I'm finding out. It could've been a very close friend of Kara's, there are thousands of possibilities without going on any other information. In general, I wouldn't find it all that suspicious, no more so than other interested non family members blogging about the case.

This has been the first I've heard of this, someone other than the family filing a missing persons report. There is a lot we still don't know as I'm finding out. It could've been a very close friend of Kara's, there are thousands of possibilities without going on any other information. In general, I wouldn't find it all that suspicious, no more so than other interested non family members blogging about the case.

But on the show disappeared they stated it was one of her classmates from school, and that she had not contacted the parents before or after filing the report I find that a bit bizzare, I would have never even known how to do that when I was in High School.

the new information i got was that there was a sighting of kara in louisburg, kansas at a GROCERY store WORKING there. turns out, it was not her but someone who looked like her. this tells me that the other sighting at louisburg's burger king with the young male was not actually kara. they said that composite of the young male that was sighted there looked like the girl (who looked similar to kara)'s male friend also.

This is quite disappointing actually, based on this information the outlook is bleaker than it already was. With the possible sighting, there was some hope she had traveled with some companion, there were some references about her wanting to go to Mexico.

I'm hoping someone can post the show on youtube, so the word can get out, but for my own curiosities as well.

Bottom line, they need to get an outside organization, such as the FBI and interview Kylr(ex bf) again.

But on the show disappeared they stated it was one of her classmates from school, and that she had not contacted the parents before or after filing the report I find that a bit bizzare, I would have never even known how to do that when I was in High School.

I would be interested in knowing where the show was getting it's source of information from. Was it from the parents? Police department? Her friends?

Kara was to arrive at work around 4pm, her friend could've called her at work and discovered she didn't call in. At this point, with 6 hours past, there were plenty of cues that she went missing, such as not being able to answer her cell phone. However, since the friend did act so prematurely you could be on to something, however there isn't too much else running off that one tip.

Kylr has a facebook page, quite an interesting individual actually, which I'm not posting due to the forum rules. Doesn't appear to be the typical average kid.

I would be interested in knowing where the show was getting it's source of information from. Was it from the parents? Police department? Her friends?

Kara was to arrive at work around 4pm, her friend could've called her at work and discovered she didn't call in. At this point, with 6 hours past, there were plenty of cues that she went missing, such as not being able to answer her cell phone. However, since the friend did act so prematurely you could be on to something, however there isn't too much else running off that one tip.

BBM and red too

Family and LE were featured in the video, so most information from them, I guess.

IIRC, the friend said she last saw Kara in school on Wednesday. Her family last saw her on Friday.

Her mom got Kara's cell phone bill and called every number on it (100 pages or so) but nobody knew where she was/had seen her.

The order of protection that she had filed against her boyfriend expired because it was not finalized in court. She disappeared before that could happen. Coincidence? Not in my opinion.

Yes, I mean 2 days PRIOR to her going missing, very odd. Why not call the parents first? Unless she knew Kara was having trouble with someone so she had a reason to be worried.

Also since her cell is missing have they tracked pings from any towers??

Also since her cell is missing have they tracked pings from any towers??

GRRRRR, I just wrote this whole long post and hit submit and it never posted.

Anyway, as I said.....I thought her cell was found in her bedroom which was one of the red flags for police who thought she would nto have left her phone behind if she was planning on intentionally running away. Maybe I am thinking of something else though. If her cell is missing you would think LE would be all over trying to track it through the towers. Ihave not heard anything about that. Did Kara even have a cell phone?

I also find it very strange her friend reported her missing 2 days earlier. That doesn't even make any sense. Kara wasn't missing at that point. What a wild coincidence that Kara would be mistakenly reported missing only to actually go missing two days later! Her friend reported her missing simply because she had not seen her at school? Why would she not have tried to call Kara at home in the evening or go by her work to see if she was there. If she was a close friend of Kara's you would think she would have known Kara often skipped school. It is just VERY fishy. How many 16-17yr old teens are going to go to the police department and file a missing persons report just because they have not seen their friend at school for the past couple of days? Weird. I hope LE called this girl back in and questioned her thoroughly. My gut feeling is she knows something. Maybe Kara was supposed to have been abducted a few days earlier but it fell through for some reason but this girl did not know that. Did this girl have any ties to Kara's ex-bf? I think police cleared him way too quickly. It sounds like the main reason they cleared him is because he passed a polygraph. I know polygraphs are useful tools for LE but there is a reasoin they are not admissable in court and I think LE often puts too much faith in them. Gary Ridgeway passed a polygraph, was released to go out and continue killing, only to be discovered years later to be the Green River Killer. Guilty people can pass a polygraph.

I have never really heard a thorough explanation from police as to why they don't seem to think Edwin Hall is responsible for Kara's disappearence - has anyone else heard why?

GRRRRR, I just wrote this whole long post and hit submit and it never posted.

Anyway, as I said.....I thought her cell was found in her bedroom which was one of the red flags for police who thought she would nto have left her phone behind if she was planning on intentionally running away. Maybe I am thinking of something else though. If her cell is missing you would think LE would be all over trying to track it through the towers. Ihave not heard anything about that. Did Kara even have a cell phone?

I also find it very strange her friend reported her missing 2 days earlier. That doesn't even make any sense. Kara wasn't missing at that point. What a wild coincidence that Kara would be mistakenly reported missing only to actually go missing two days later! Her friend reported her missing simply because she had not seen her at school? Why would she not have tried to call Kara at home in the evening or go by her work to see if she was there. If she was a close friend of Kara's you would think she would have known Kara often skipped school. It is just VERY fishy. How many 16-17yr old teens are going to go to the police department and file a missing persons report just because they have not seen their friend at school for the past couple of days? Weird. I hope LE called this girl back in and questioned her thoroughly. My gut feeling is she knows something. Maybe Kara was supposed to have been abducted a few days earlier but it fell through for some reason but this girl did not know that. Did this girl have any ties to Kara's ex-bf? I think police cleared him way too quickly. It sounds like the main reason they cleared him is because he passed a polygraph. I know polygraphs are useful tools for LE but there is a reasoin they are not admissable in court and I think LE often puts too much faith in them. Gary Ridgeway passed a polygraph, was released to go out and continue killing, only to be discovered years later to be the Green River Killer. Guilty people can pass a polygraph.

I have never really heard a thorough explanation from police as to why they don't seem to think Edwin Hall is responsible for Kara's disappearence - has anyone else heard why?

I agree with the bolded big time. As for the phone, I thought her new ipod was at home, not her phone. She had a phone, her father said he called her and that is also how she called her mom about the book and uniform.

added Kara to my signature. We need answers, nothing makes sense.

I watched the epi of ID that covered Kara. I thought it was her phone charger and i pod. Also thought they said the friend came into the station at the same time her family was calling in the report. I thought the guy they arrested in the other girls murder was a very strong poi. It seems her family and the reporter did too. I hope they find her and her family and friends get some piece and closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member