Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

Do we have a signature for Brody anywhere? Or any examples of his cursive handwriting? If so, please post it or a link here. I have some immigration paperwork for some George Brody's that I would like to compare to his known signature.

Do we have a signature for Brody anywhere? Or any examples of his cursive handwriting? If so, please post it or a link here. I have some immigration paperwork for some George Brody's that I would like to compare to his known signature.
The only signature we have is on that old photograph, but here's a page which has some cursive writing.

Attachments

• Brody cursive.jpg
    Brody cursive.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 57
If Brody is short for Brodowski/ in Milwaukee I located this article....

http://www.baillod.com/main/brody.html

Note Photo of family.

if you go further down in the link article it says this Today, the descendants of Martin and Mary number in the hundreds. A reunion of Joseph Brody's descendants was held in the 1980s, so at some point these people did change the name to brody and there is a george who was born a brodowski

if you go further down in the link article it says this Today, the descendants of Martin and Mary number in the hundreds. A reunion of Joseph Brody's descendants was held in the 1980s, so at some point these people did change the name to brody and there is a george who was born a brodowski
The little boy on the left in the 1916 picture looks like George Brody.

I agree Annasmom, the shape of his face is quite similar as is the bridge of his nose. Now, to somehow try to crop/enlarge and do a side by side photo. If there is anyone who is really sharp and can do this, muchly appreciated.... I'll try too.

Also, anyone have an account to ancestory to check the Brodowskis name in Milwaukee?

~~
The little boy on the left in the 1916 picture looks like George Brody.

GeorgeBrodowskis1916.JPG

oldergeorge.jpg

Not 100% sure the young boy is large enough to view.

Margaret K. Brodowski | Visit Guest Book

Brodowski, Margaret K. (Nee Gergo) February 25, 2010, age 96 years.

Beloved wife of the late George Brodowski. Loving mother of Georgia (Dennis) Johnson, Maria "Cookie" (Dick) Grambow and James (Karen) Brodowski. Grandma of David Johnson, Lisa (Bill) Blau, Krista, Michelle and Michael Grambow, Matt and Kelly Brodowski. Great-grandma of Nigel and Axl Johnson, Sydney and Ella Blau, and Madeline Grambow. Further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Visitation Thursday, March 4, 2010, 11 AM until time of Funeral Services at 1 PM at the Funeral Home, 3801 S. Howell Ave. Rev. Kevin Ori officiating. Interment St. Adalbert Cemetery. Special thanks to the wonderful staff at Crest House and the special care of VITAS Hospice. HERITAGE FUNERAL HOMES Tyborski - Altstadt -Scheuerell 3801 S. Howell Ave. (414) 744-7039

Guest Book & Directions www.heritagefuneral.com
Published in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on February 28, 2010

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=140085233

This is where I get the idea that this cannot be our George. If anyone can explain a death on rootsweb ancestory, which didn't happen at these times, and this could be our George, I need to understand... Sorry if all this posting was for nothing.

ID: I0601
Name: George Robert Brodowski
Sex: M
Birth: 23 FEB 1909 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Death: 22 APR 1995 in St. Francis, Wisconsin
Residence: 124 W. Howard Ave., Milwaukee, WI
Note:
Name: George Robert Brodowski
Date of Death: 4/22/1995
Date of Burial: 4/26/1995
Age at Death: 86
Marital Status: Married
Funeral Home: Tyborski
Cemetery: Saint Adalbert Cemetery And Mausoleum
Block: 9
Lot: 5
Grave: 1

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=2188007&id=I0601

You are ALL truly wonderful crime detectives WOW, have you ever wondered if you missed your calling? Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boy for sure!

Mostly I am just a reader on Websleuths, but the case of Anna has captivated me. I only started reading last Wednesday, and am not nearly finished.
I think of questions I have related to what I have read and try to find where to post them, so I guess here might be good.
I am sure most of my questions have been considered, but maybe not?

I cannot get over the name change business.......
Quite Brazen & Bold of GB to suggest renaming the child when he is nothing to her, Her mother gave her a beautiful name.

Now for the life of me I cannot find the name he had suggested, Christina ?????
they then settled for Eifee being added as a middle.....hhummm this just doesn't sit well with me, I tried to imagine what Anna's mother's reaction must have been to the mere thought of changing her baby's name, after she had just given it to her!

Has anyone looked up the Christina ???? name GB wanted?
how about Geo Brody, I found one born in 1910 and raised by grand parents, his siblings were also, might give him lack of family roots, maybe bitter about the parents not being there. Was GB himself adopted or abandoned I wonder, what a peice of work he was, and he turned GW into one?

The Mafia connection raised my eyebrows too, that would give him reason to stay off the radar, what if he was a hit man, or had a hit on him, and had to hide. To never work, control people and be so pompous!
These may be things that have already been asked, but I had to ask. I am just a wee bit younger than Anna 4/25/68 not adopted ar anything, but she is from my generation!
What was that name they wanted to give her?
Is Geo short for Giordano?
Also at 5 years old she knew her name, did anyone even call her Eifee, her father never saw her to call her anything. Could it have been changed to Hannah, Joanna, maryanna, something she would have answered to anyways?
Oh I almost forgot Annasmom do you have two copies of Anna's Birth Certificate, the original and then the name changed? The two G's are creepy to me, did you see the Birth Certificate THEY recieved. You had to agree to the name change and sign something I would imagine.........GB could have said "just get her signature and we will go from there? Could they have gone behind your back, traced your signature and totally changed it to what they wanted, she was still a infant, right? A whole new name & passport while he WAS a doctor and paying child support? And it took them five years to complete their plan, cover their bases & tracks? That name change was the start of something........that Brody could have very well convinced him of how Anna would have a better life, lifestyle, education, opportunities & such. He had him convinced of everything else.

By the way my 6 year old grandaughter remembers being a baby, she has shocked me & my daughter countless times, and not anything she has seen in pictures! She also has that "old soul" being about her. I believe Anna remembers quite a bit from 5 years of age, I do even if fond memories are vague, the trauma of kidnapping would have left it's mark. I hope that came out right, god forbid trauma to anyone, but it would have left an imprint in her mind, right? The girl named Carlina came home on her own and was taken as an infant, I cried right along with her family a couple of weesk ago.
I apology for the long post, but had to vent.
Like I said I have been reading this since Wed. and have a ways to go.
I will be buying the book, This is a lot to gather, I wish there was a summerized version so that I could catch up from 2006 postings.
Thank you for everything you have done for Anna's mother & family

Now for the life of me I cannot find the name he had suggested, Christina ?????
Also at 5 years old she knew her name, did anyone even call her Eifee, her father never saw her to call her anything. Could it have been changed to Hannah, Joanna, maryanna, something she would have answered to anyways?
Oh I almost forgot Annasmom do you have two copies of Anna's Birth Certificate, the original and then the name changed? The two G's are creepy to me, did you see the Birth Certificate THEY recieved. You had to agree to the name change and sign something I would imagine........complete their plan, cover their bases & tracks? That name change was the start of something........that Brody could have very well convinced him of how Anna would have a better life, lifestyle, education, opportunities & such. He had him convinced of everything else.

Like I said I have been reading this since Wed. and have a ways to go.
I will be buying the book, This is a lot to gather, I wish there was a summerized version so that I could catch up from 2006 postings.
Thank you for everything you have done for Anna's mother & family

Thanks for the long letter! The first name they suggested was Christiana or Christianna Benedo Waters. Yes, I do have copies of the birth certificate before and after the added name of Eifee. Her father addressed the support checks to Anna Christian Eifee Waters, and he did call her Eifee when she was a tiny baby, before he left home. I did not have to sign anything to get the name change, but I agreed to it just to keep the peace. I think your description of GB's convincing GW that Anna would have a better life, etc., is very likely.

I hear what you are saying about wishing for a summarized version of all the thousands of posts...it would really need another book, wouldn't it? However, the threads at the top of the list give you a good chronology and the high points of the case.

Hi, still reading and catching up, even though it is 3 in the morning here in Michigan. I have not been able to sleep during the night since my newly married daughter and her family moved to Washington in October? Don't know why?
Thank you for the quick response, I guess I didn't expect it.....I read about your daughter from a perspective of someone her age. You know I was still reading when i went back to the main just now and saw your response. I am a bit confused abour the ages of the boys when Anna disappeared, and are they all your children? I was reading about what your son recently remembered, and I remember things that way "with age" so to speak.
I asked my mom about 10 years ago why I couldn't remember a few years maybe middle school age 6,7,8th grade, and she said "oh it'll come to you honey. It has it seems the older I get the more I remember.
About GB & GW i can picture the senero with GB stating "surely you are not going to leave the child your flesh & blood in that situation?
To get into the minds of people like that you have to think like that for a minuite, sit in that room with them. GW having given all control to GB when Anna was tiny, acting then with the name change is totally fishy. If GW was able to change the Birth Certificate once, why couldn't he change it twice. My daughter just had one changed and they had to stand in front of a Judge. He could have given some bull crap story of anything being a physician. I just think it is possible it was so easy (in his position) and then possible to obtain a bogus passport for Anna or whatever they decided to name her.
Her and I, like I said are from the same generation, I remember so much and so do my sisters, places my parents took us, vacations. Heck I remember playing shuffleboard at the American Legion, in our PJ's. I was no more than 4, 5 or 6 years old.
That GB character has to be accounted for at some point in his life, maybe not under that name.
If anyone can figure it out Websleuths can, you really have a great team here.

I remember plenty from when I was a kid especially being out at my Aunt & Uncles farm.

When you me GW he was a seemingly nice guy, normal I guess is what I am asking? You met in collage and dated & had fun?

What was his response when you told him you were pregnant? Did he ever get freaked about it? Had he met GB yet?
I guess I am trying to put myself in your shoes and I think you probaly thought he was a good guy. You wouldn't have married him if you didn't duh.

Then he met GB, what year? There has to be something concrete on him before he met Margaret. Really you guys go the extra mile. I laughed at the post from Doogie, in his review from Boxer to Mafia to I can't remember what.
Anything is possible! He wasn't a drifter, and he had contacts & influence.
He learned it somewhere.

Sorry for all of the delayed questions, especially if they are repeats

I am guessing this has been discussed before, but Benedo is a Russian boys name...curious. In our searching, did we find any Russian derivatives of Brody?

When you me GW he was a seemingly nice guy, normal I guess is what I am asking? You met in collage and dated & had fun?

What was his response when you told him you were pregnant? Did he ever get freaked about it? Had he met GB yet?
I guess I am trying to put myself in your shoes and I think you probaly thought he was a good guy. You wouldn't have married him if you didn't duh.

Then he met GB, what year? There has to be something concrete on him before he met Margaret. Really you guys go the extra mile. I laughed at the post from Doogie, in his review from Boxer to Mafia to I can't remember what.
Anything is possible! He wasn't a drifter, and he had contacts & influence.
He learned it somewhere.

Sorry for all of the delayed questions, especially if they are repeats

If you do a search for Searching for Anna on Amazon.com, you can look inside the book for the answers to many of these questions.

More reading GREAT, we have a storm coming anyways!
This information looks like it will get me up to speed a little more.
I'll put some tea on, Thank you:seeya:

another possible idea for seeking someone who knew or recognizes George Brody.

Another WS'r has utilized the City-data forum with some success on a few cases here at WS. I have just started exploring the forum, and have sent off a message to one of the moderators asking for direction on where to post a few unidentified cases. There are a few places I'd like to post, city, true crime, and people search. however cross posting is against their TOS - so I am awaiting some direction on the best place to try posting this info. Thus far, I am thinking of all the options, people search being the best.

The City-data forum is enormous, much much larger than WS with far more members than WS.

I'd like to start with two cases there, one non relate to Anna's case and another to see if we can find someone who might know or recognize George Brody.

If anyone would like to take a look at CD or City-data to see what I am refering to, here is the link. And maybe we'll get lucky and find someone who knows GB, or maybe even someone who knows Seka.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter
Back