Identified! FL - Trenton, Female UP 9062, 30-50, in abandoned van, Feb'11 - Name not found

Thanks. No worries. :)

I am back to wondering how many white vans Gary Hilton had. He had the one he owned when he was arrested and they found the one he abandoned. Like you, I wish we had more information. I am very curious as to whether this van is white.

OT: Dinner, BBL.

Where to did this guy have connections to.... city wise, county wise.. people wise.....

Those Brute containers aren't like the normal residential trash cans with a lid that just sits on the top. The lids really do snap on tightly. They are often used in restaurant pantries to hold grains, beans, etc.

which would explain why no one ever complained about bad smells.....

I was wondering about that before.... I thought someone had to smell the decomposing or what ever smell came from the can.....

I looked at area maps on mapquest yesterday and found a couple of places that look like possibilities.
I also went to the tax appraisers website for properties in that area that changed hands during the stated time period. Satellite maps at the tax appraisers site are fantastic!

I did find one that has/had a few vehicles that look like possibilities but I did/do not want to post it here until I know a confirmed exact location.

LOL, I conveniently left all of that out yesterday.

Where to did this guy have connections to.... city wise, county wise.. people wise.....
Here is the most recent thread at WS about Gary Hilton.
Gary Hilton - Cheryl Dunlap murder TRIAL - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There are many, you will see links to more at the bottom of the page when you are on that one.

Within those threads is a wealth of information pertaining to Gary Hilton.

Some call him a serial killer but I think he is more of a spree killer.

Happy reading :) There is a lot.
HTH

FWIW - Gilchrist County is really close to Gainesville, FL (University of Florida) and I-75.

The article said the van had been abandoned for about 5 years right?

If there was an abandoned van on my property the only way I would not thoroughly investigate it and its contents...is if it were mine.

Not being my own van, sooner or later I would go through it just to see what was inside.
Seeing a container with a lid I would just have to open it, have to.
What if something valuable was inside?

The only way I see this van being abandoned for that length of time and the land owners not going through it is if it belonged to family and was simply left behind or if the landowners were elderly etc and just never got around on their own property for some reason.

It doesn't even make sense for this van have to been on any of the land there that is cultivated or farmed. The workers/farmers/cowboys would certainly have checked things out? I wonder if it was locked?

I am curious as to how it was moved to the new owners property as well.

So many questions.
This should turn out to be an interesting case to follow.

Prayers that the deceased is identified and any family notified.

Just throwing this case in the ring because I can't find anything that says this van was ever found, still looking. There may also be a GA connection and the timing is close.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/de...-questioned-victims-widow-rele/news-breaking/

ETA: All of the known participants in this case are accounted for. I have played with the idea that somebody else may have been involved and was killed to silence them. Just a wild theory I thought may be a possibility.

Possible, but probably not probable. :)

Still trying to determine if they ever found the van...

ETA: I am assuming (dangerous, I know) that they found the van as it is not mentioned as still being missing during the trial. It says at this link that the van was driven back to GA after the victim was killed. http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/21/slaying-suspect-testifies-he-didnt-shoot-man/

I hope it is connected to Timothy Blackwelder because when he appeals there will be more evidence against him. I hope the medical examiner can identify the body.

I just tryed to find some updates.... but it is almost like non existing...... I wonder if they even are looking in possible connections to all those missing cases.....

by the way.... This Gary Hilton guy....... brrrr..... scary.......

We know Hilton was in the Tallahassee, FL area in 2007.
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...chael-Hilton-in-2007-slaying-of-Cheryl-Dunlap

Tallahassee, FL to Trenton, Fl = 2 hrs 8 mins
http://mapq.st/gfnH5X

Hilton bragged about putting bodies just over county lines to create confusion because it would involve multiple agencies, didn't he?

From the description in the article it sounds as if the van was just over the county line.

I am not implying Hilton did this. I am just pointing out observations.

The article said the van had been abandoned for about 5 years right?

If there was an abandoned van on my property the only way I would not thoroughly investigate it and its contents...is if it were mine.

Not being my own van, sooner or later I would go through it just to see what was inside.
Seeing a container with a lid I would just have to open it, have to.
What if something valuable was inside?

I agree with you. If I had an unknown vehicle on my propery, I might wait a few days thinking that someone may be coming back for it, but after that I would report it to the police. I would definitely be peeking in the windows to figure out if something/someone was inside...

Are there any community type parking lots in which lots of people park their vehicles? In that sort of setting there may be a "diluted" sort of responsibility thing going on. Everybody thinks that it belongs to someone else, someone else will check it out, and someone else will take care of removing it and in the end no one does anything. If the property owner doesn't live there and doesn't keep a regular eye on things they think that someone else must have reported it to the owner etc.

Are there any community type parking lots in which lots of people park their vehicles? In that sort of setting there may be a "diluted" sort of responsibility thing going on. Everybody thinks that it belongs to someone else, someone else will check it out, and someone else will take care of removing it and in the end no one does anything. If the property owner doesn't live there and doesn't keep a regular eye on things they think that someone else must have reported it to the owner etc.
This is out in what I refer to as acreage. Farm land mostly although some has been split up and divided into smaller tracts when resold.

http://qpublic6.qpublic.net/fl_gilchrist.html?layers=parcels+roads+lakes+rr

Click the bottom right corner of Gilchrist County on the map and the use the zoom tool on the left side of the page to view the area.

There are boxes to click for aerial view and recently sold as well.

HTH

I agree with you. If I had an unknown vehicle on my propery, I might wait a few days thinking that someone may be coming back for it, but after that I would report it to the police. I would definitely be peeking in the windows to figure out if something/someone was inside...
I was thinking more in terms of it being a rental property which was sold. The 'owner' did not live there, and so the van could be there as long as the tenants were, but was required to move the abandoned van when he sold the property.

New article and video.

The van is a red Dodge Caravan . Tag ABV 3487
Neighbor, Victor Douglas says the van was parked there in the same place for 3 months.
Douglas also says that there was a death that went unreported 5 or 6 years ago in the Rolling Oaks subdivision.
Someone from the subdivision turned the information in and was allegedly told by the woman who lived there that there were human remains in the van? The woman who lived there drove a different vehicle.

Sheriff says that the person who turned the information in was the owner of the van.

ME says the remains are 5-6 years old.
One source says the woman had three children that have not been seen in 3 years.
Douglas states that he was told the woman was in a car accident and is in rehab.

Plates on the van in video show Lowndes County, GA

The woman's landlord had to evict her. Landlord said tenant was crazy and would stand in the woods screaming and threatening to kill people. She was evicted about a month ago.

Sex and age of the deceased victim still undetermined.

Human Remains Found in a Van in Gilchrist County

http://fwix.com/gainesville/share/0296b9fb66/human_remains_found_in_a_van_in_gilchrist_county

ETA: I could not open the video in Firefox but it did open in IE.

you know... it is so sad.... Florida, the US, the world has far to much missing, unsolved mysteries, without a trace or plain cold cases......

It is so easy to speculate but as well dangerous.....

I wonder in what shape the body was ...... I don't even wanna think that she/he might be cut up or so..... than it wouldn't be a problem to hide in a kind of small can....

The article doesn't really give a lot away..... and I can't find anything else regarding that..... for heavens sake this victim was a human being and deserves justice and a honorable place to rest......

The human body isn't as big as we tend to think it is. That's the principle behind those clown tricks where they get 20 people in a Cooper Mini. An average adult fits quite easily into a 30-gallon trash can without any maneuvering or, um, rearranging.

I hope they know where her other kids are, if that is one of her kids in that van, because I don't see anyone out there searching the home or the woods and the neighbors are reporting they haven't seen any of the kids in 5 or 6 years.

Am I misunderstanding that people in the neighborhood had known for quite some time that there was possibly a body in the van and no one reported it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back