GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

One story was that he was taking her to get DNA test and went to DHS and she made him take her home where she went in to get a stroller and he took off. Another is he was taking them to do the dna for child support and she forgot her keys (thats the one on the 911 call) and he took off.

That poor baby is God knows where and no one can be bothered to tell the truth so that they can find her and either get her into a good home or give her a funeral. I'm so sick of these cases of parents refusing to tell where their baby is, there needs to be a law that if they refuse, they get slapped with a jail sentence and theres no wriggling out of it.

My heart is just breaking over this baby. I don't get the sense that it will end well.

If the baby is deceased, he has no motivation to talk.

If you are thinking sex market....I have been fighting my brain to not go there.

I wish they could just use Sodium Pentathol when a child is missing and thought to be alive but endangered.

No, I am thinking maybe a black market for people who can't adopt a baby the usual way. You would be surprised at the number of babies who are stolen and then sold to couples, or even a single woman, who are ineligible to adopt for various reasons.
I agree with you on the sodium pentathol... how about hypnotism? That should be legal. Anything to bring this baby home.

I was wondering the same thing too about where the other child was at the time.Maybe with his parents? I haven't read anything about where she was.

The parents did know about the baby, see below

here is the link:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/07/mother_of_missing_ludington_ba.html

Courtland said Phillips, 21, now charged with kidnapping in connection with the baby's disappearance, has always known he is the father of Katherine Shelbie-Elizabeth Phillips, but didn't have the heart to tell his parents.
Courtland said Tuesday that Phillips' parents have never met the infant, but are aware she exists.
“I wanted him to take a DNA test that day because he didn't want to tell his parents that Kate is his. I was sick of it and said, 'Forget it, I'm not going to keep lying to your parents,' and we figured if he gets the paternity test, then we could show his parents the piece of paper,” Courtland said.
But Phillips — already jointly raising the couple's 3 1/2-year-old daughter, Haley, and preparing to be deployed to Afghanistan in August — didn't want to tell his parents about the new baby, she said.

Such a weird case is right! I hope they find this baby girl..

Sounds like the guy's parents were not very happy with the older child, either. Lovely people.
I really wish these young kids would stop having sex until they are old enough to be a parent. She had to have been 15 or 16 when she had the older child. Children having babies. And then to go along with this lie to his parents that the baby wasn't his? Smart. What decent guy would want his girlfriend, the mother of his kids, to tell his parents some other dude is the father of the new baby? Like that is going to endear her to them somehow. He must be nutz.

This is another weird case, that's for sure. I am having computer issues and have not been able to open all the news stories. I hope baby kate is found safe, but it isn't looking good. Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking.

Did the mother tell the story of what the fight was about when she was first questioned? I'm skeptical about her, something isn't right.

This is another weird case, that's for sure. I am having computer issues and have not been able to open all the news stories. I hope baby kate is found safe, but it isn't looking good. Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking.

Did the mother tell the story of what the fight was about when she was first questioned? I'm skeptical about her, something isn't right.

If my boyfriend had wanted to take me and our daughter to DFCS to put the baby up for adoption, I would NOT have left the baby in the car with him. Period. I'm a bit skeptical myself. If it was only a block or two away, I would carry a 5 month old baby and probably RUN to my apartment to get away from him as quickly as possible. IMO

As a local and knowing some of Ariel's family (but not Ariel herself), I have wanted to remain supportive and positive. However, I must admit I am beginning to wonder when anyone besides Ariel or Sean last saw Katherine. I lived in Ludington from birth until I was 21, so I know the area quite well. His alleged timeline is rather tight. Based on other cases, I am starting to question if this is the true timeline of events (maybe something happened and they are covering it up but this is their story now). However, Ariel did volunteer very early on to take a lie detector test and passed. She has never been a suspect, that I am aware of. I also recognize that these tests are not 100% reliable. I am up in the air as to what happened to sweet Katherine and who might have been involved, but I truly do not see a positive ending.

It's odd, yes, but Ariel seems to be very cooperative with police. I still can't believe this has gone on so long. I'm hoping the police have some leads - I'm doubtful Katherine was given to someone to take care of since things have dragged out, but I keep hoping.

This case resembles Baby Gabriel too much! Where is baby Katherine? Please, please - let's hear some answers soon!

I just listened to the 911 call, the mother's story did seem to change. There has to be a legal way to make these people talk.

There is no incentive for them to say anything. The longer they keep quiet, the better chance they have of getting away with whatever they have done, whether that be murder, selling/giving away a child or covering up an accident.

All ground searches have stopped for now so unless LE has something they are following behind the scenes then it is just a waiting game.....

Poor Kate.

This breaks my heart. She's a helpless little 4 month old :( What is with people anymore!!!!!!!

It should be illegal for parents not to disclose the location of a child when questioned by LE. Seems everyone thinks if they don't talk they can get away with anything, he77 maybe they can.

Its just crazy that so many babies and children can just disappear without a trace, never to be seen or heard from again. I have to wonder what is wrong with people who take children and dispose of them one way or another and then refuse to tell what happened to the child. Its just not normal behavior but it seems to happen more and more often these days. We seem to live in desperate times when people can't cope with life in normal ways and they do very abnormal and crazy things. Who knows where in this huge world little Baby Kate is. Unless her father talks, we may never find her.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to harm a helpless child, it's just beyond me. I hope they find this baby soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back