GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was merely stating what was reported by the friend that reported her missing in the wee hours of the morning on the 30th of June- The friend making the report told the officer the bf "is in California right now" (as linked to in my previous post) and the officer taking the report noted that he tried calling the bf # the friend provided and did not get an answer.

I really have no idea, I just know what I read in the missing person report. I am sure that it is possible the friend could have been wrong about the bf's location at the time and it was all cleared up later on.... just sayin!

ok, I get it. Sorry I missed that. Yes, if she said he was in CA on Thursday, that was not correct.

Re: McD NOT having a pass key/master key/skeleton key as someone mentioned upthread as a possibility.. I disagree that this is even a possibility as we have Chief Burns as recently as last night make the statement on a national broadcast that Stephen McDaniel was found to have in his possession a master key to all apts in the complex..

IMO if he did NOT have this type of key then Chief Burns would NOT have gone on record stating that McD infact had a master key.. So IMO it's one of the few things that is known for certain..

[respectfully snipped]

I agree that he definitely had some form of something referred to as a skeleton key, but I wonder if it was a bump key because that's just much easier to acquire than the actual master key to all apartments.

Thanks Bessie for pointing that out.. So, I guess that leaves us with the question of did Lauren even still have her Mercer ID prior to her murder or was it already lost, or thrown away no need for it.. Or did she still have it and it disappeared during her murder?

I guess the only way to prove it would be to show that it was scanned in used by her in recent days on campus or a friend or family member state that they had witnessed that Lauren still had it in her possession within days of her murder..

Obviously the idea about Lauren being on campus for whatever reasons.. Studying.. Looking something up.. Etc.. Is not as far fetched as some act as tho it is..

Especially in seeing that this was the very first place that the friends went and searched including the third floor study rooms on campus, as soon as they realized she wasn't in her apt..

So for Lauren to be over in any of these areas well after midnight she would NOT need her student ID to enter those buildings on campus? What is the use of having ID key cards if they are not needed to enter on campus buildings, especially at the late night hours that her friends went and searched those school buildings.. So anyone can enter with no key card swiped?

Currcat....Im really suspicious of the BF...there is a lot there that makes no sense...however Col Mustard is quick every time I mention or someone else mentions the BF...to rebuke and offer a smack down....col if you have info or a source or a link why you are so sure...produce it

Is there something in particular that makes you suspicious of the boyfriend?

My Mercer ID is always shoved in a backpack, my car console, etc.
I can't speak for how everyone handles their Mercer ID, but I rarely need it so it kind of gets kept haphazardly. The cards are only necessary to access buildings at certain times/on certain days, and also used to get in the gym. So maybe some people keep theirs in a gym bag.Its also possible to link your card to a debit account and use it like a debit card, but I think undergrads probably use that consolidating feature more than postgraduate students who have their own checking/savings accounts established prior to coming to mercer.

Yup, just like my school [UCF], we can make our ID's debit cards and use it for access to the massive gym/other facilities. If I'm on campus it's usually in my pocket or somewhere easier to reach than my wallet as I have my own bank account and bank card so my ID is not a debit.

So let me get this straight, McDaniel stated that her ID was on the couch when in fact it wasn't?

If we consider this case based on what we know to be true, then here is the basis for our reasoning:

*Laurens body was wrapped in plastic and found in the trash can outside and on the grounds of Barristers Hall apts

*200 + pieces of evidence have been collected from Barristers Hall Apt and sent to the FBI and GBI labs for testing

*The Macon LE declared 3 apts in Barristers Hall Apts the crime scene.

*McD's apt was searched by LE three different times

*A large refrigerator was removed as evidence from the downstairs BH apt.

*McD, who lived directly next door to Lauren, had a master key to all BH apts

*McD entered 2 of the BH apts. and stole items

*McD was locked up on July 1 and remains in jail.

*Only one person, McD, has been named publicly as a POI

<respectfully snipped>

Can't say I am fully in harmony of thought with this entire post, but it is well-thought out and worded -- thanks for some good thinking and the presentation.

Did want to ask about the one point bolded above -- is this official? I mean, of course we know that the three apartments were sealed and searched and all of that, but did LE officially declare that all or any of them are/is a crime scene? Not disputing, just wanting to be sure about this.

Yup, just like my school [UCF], we can make our ID's debit cards and use it for access to the massive gym/other facilities. If I'm on campus it's usually in my pocket or somewhere easier to reach than my wallet as I have my own bank account and bank card so my ID is not a debit.

So let me get this straight, McDaniel stated that her ID was on the couch when in fact it wasn't?

No I believe bessie cleared this up that the report is indicative that the ID on the couch was a different ID than the Mercer ID.. It is missing..unless of course it was already lost or thrown away by Lauren prior to the murder..

But IMO I think for it to be listed on the report as the only item missing there must have been a friend that was stating that they knew that Lauren still was in possession of her Mercer ID when they last saw her prior to the murder..

No. McD said her ID was on the couch, which is consistent with the police report. The report does not specify which ID is on the couch.

The victim's purse with her ID and other identification cards was still on her couch.
In the second to last sentence the officer writes that her MercerID is missing:
The only item we were not able to locate is her Mercer Student ID card.
Read Police Report Here

I'm a local, and I'm not so sure McDaniels is guilty. Even after spending weeks scouring McDaniels' apartment, the police haven't found anything to call him a suspect, just a person of interest. Hopefully when the results come back on all that evidence that was sent to the FBI, things will be more clear.

I can't think of a single earthly reason why she would have gone to the library w/o her Bar Books, laptop, keys, wallet, cell-phone...but with her Mercer ID to look something up? Other than my legal research class my 1L year, I never looked anything up in the library. The entire law library is compiled in online databases.

What if Lauren was taking out the trash Saturday night or going to retrieve something from her car? That's one reason you would leave your house & not take your purse or cell phone. Thinking about the "night of terror" post from yestday & the fact there were apparently a lot of car break-ins & whooping & hollering going in that area. Maybe it really was the "Macon hoodlums" & they were trying to break in a car in the parking lot of the apartments. Lauren's taking out her trash & unexpectedly walks up on the burglar.

Everyone mentions how physically fit she was, but if someone held a gun to her head I imagine she would go willingly & not put up a fight.

From the earlier post, they were taking GPS units out of the cars & just smashing them. Sounds like a lot of anger for some reason in that area. And being a young, pretty, blonde female ... she would have been the perfect target for someone wanting to "make a statement," especially if the perp was someone she could identify to the police & they wanted to silence her.

Just a thought.

Honestly, the random attack during the rage is terrifying to think about. I do not see her going quietly and willingly because they had a gun. I would expect her to know you never let yourself be transported to the second location. In front of her apartment, if that had happened, I would expect her to scream and try to run away. However, a taser might change the equation. If tased, she would be weakened quickly. Then it would take a person with some strength to move her wherever they moved her to.

Thanks Bessie for pointing that out.. So, I guess that leaves us with the question of did Lauren even still have her Mercer ID prior to her murder or was it already lost, or thrown away no need for it.. Or did she still have it and it disappeared during her murder?

I guess the only way to prove it would be to show that it was scanned in used by her in recent days on campus or a friend or family member state that they had witnessed that Lauren still had it in her possession within days of her murder..

Obviously the idea about Lauren being on campus for whatever reasons.. Studying.. Looking something up.. Etc.. Is not as far fetched as some act as tho it is..

Especially in seeing that this was the very first place that the friends went and searched including the third floor study rooms on campus, as soon as they realized she wasn't in her apt..

So for Lauren to be over in any of these areas well after midnight she would NOT need her student ID to enter those buildings on campus? What is the use of having ID key cards if they are not needed to enter on campus buildings, especially at the late night hours that her friends went and searched those school buildings.. So anyone can enter with no key card swiped?
Do you remember anyone other than McD stating the friends went over to the library? I'm not challenging you, I'm just curious. As far as I can recall, he is the only source of that statement.

This link is to Destini's transcript of the audio recording of the interview which is pretty accurate:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 25 June 2011

Link to the recording:

http://www.wmac-am.com/includes/news_items/6/463/7oclockhour.mp3

He also says the friends came over around midnight.
Transcript of NewTalk Central 940 WMAC's Kenny B with Reporter Michelle Quezada on July 7, 2011 at 7:30 a.m.

Part 3:

(MCDANIEL: I mean, that's how I found out that she was missing. We -- a bunch of her friends came over yesterday night around midnight, and they couldn't -- they hadn't seen her since Saturday. So they were trying to find out where she was.

MICHELLE: They were knocking on neighbor's doors and stuff?

MCDANIEL: I mean, no, they -- they went in. They had a key to her apartment. And they checked around, didn't see anything out of place. I mean, it was locked when everyone got there.

MICHELLE: That was midnight?

MCDANIEL: Yeah, around midnight. And then we -- we went over to the law school to see if maybe she was over in the library studying or something. And we looked up in the study rooms on the third floor, and there was no one there. And we came back. We looked around and tried to find any -- anything to figure out where she was.

I'm trying to get the timeline straight. If McD's statements are accurate, the friends arrived at midnight; searched her apartment; searched the library; returned to the apartment to look around some more; called Mercer police; Mercer police responded and then called Macon police at 12:52 a.m.

At about 5:50 here, Burns says Mercer police arrived first.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134601/153/Macon-Police-Say-Lauren-Giddings-Was-Dismembered

Yes, you're correct it's only from McD that they searched the school areas.. The only thing that corroborates this in the very least is just Burns stating that McD interjected himself into the search for Lauren by her friends that late night.. So he doesnt give any specifics just states that there was searching done by the friends that late night..

While I can understand questioning McDs statements made by him in that interview since he seems to have elaborated at least about portions of the email.. I guess I would think he'd know that he'd be called out it he completely fabricated areas that they searched.. But who knows at this point..

Unless anyone can find where Burns or Gaudet corroborrate specifically where the friends searched that late night(which is possible that at some point they did).. But if we can't find that they did them it is just McD's word that the group of friends searched specific areas on Mercers campus that late night..

Hey angelanalayzes.. I'm not familiar with a bump key.. Will u explain what it is.. You said similar to a master key but would be easier to access than a master key..

Thanks in advance..

Honestly, the random attack during the rage is terrifying to think about. I do not see her going quietly and willingly because they had a gun. I would expect her to know you never let yourself be transported to the second location. In front of her apartment, if that had happened, I would expect her to scream and try to run away. However, a taser might change the equation. If tased, she would be weakened quickly. Then it would take a person with some strength to move her wherever they moved her to.

I am not trying to scare you PsychoMom, just want you to know that. But these random ideas just keep coming to me, and I'm sure they do to you, too.

I was mainly trying to think why would a young woman leave her home on a Saturday night without her cell phone, especially. Yes, you would think she would have screamed in this scenario, unless they put their hand over her mouth.

IF, if, if, if SMD did NOT do this (and I'm trying not to make a judgment there), I'm just saying it does not necessarily mean a serial killer is loose in Macon. It could just be your run-of-the-mill "gansta" types, which is not exactly more comforting, I know. Someone without a car IMO, because otherwise you would logically think they could have found ANYWHERE to dump her torso besides on the very property she disappeared from!

Currcat....Im really suspicious of the BF...there is a lot there that makes no sense...however Col Mustard is quick every time I mention or someone else mentions the BF...to rebuke and offer a smack down....col if you have info or a source or a link why you are so sure...produce it

OLDMACONBOY, I'm almost always suspicious of the bf, husband, significant other, when there is violent crime perpetrated on a woman. Statistically speaking, when a violent crime is committed against a woman I think the bf/husband is always at least a POI, if only for a little while.

I personally have not seen or heard any comments about who the other POI's may be, but Cheif Burns did still refer to there being several still in the interview he gave for the FOX NEW's magazine that broadcast last night. (the interview was taped Friday evening) The only "named" POI that I have heard mentioned is of-course SM.

There does seem to be some defensiveness at times when the bf is mentioned. I am not here pointing fingers at anyone in particular. I respect the opinions of all the other posters, even when I disagree. I, like everyone else, am merely trying to understand all of this, and find as much information as I can.

Being a local person, I am afraid to be out after dark, I cannot enjoy sitting in my garden or tending my pool or flower beds in the evening since this happened. Frankly speaking, I am scared. I am haunted by this crime and wish for a resolution. I am only seeking the truth, whatever that may turn out to be.

I did ask my daughter about the rage night thing. She had not heard about it. She is going to be with some friends tonight, so I asked her to see if they had heard about it. I find it strange she has not heard about since her old house is right there, and several of her friends still live there. I am going to try to find the news information from the 26th. It might reveal something about this event.

The night of rage theory is very far fetched, the dismemberment of a victim is not a normal gang initiation, that I can locate on line.
The serial theory May have some legs. There are a lot of similarities to the teacher that went missing a few years back. Locked door. Car left, keys at home. The difference is the teachers purse was not in the home. the teacher Tara Grinstead was her name and she lived in ocillia ga. I don't have a link you can just Google her name and teacher and ga and it should come up.
Of course it could be as simple as a jilted person, taking out their anger.
We will more than likely hear something this week as school is about to be back in secession in a week or so.

I am not trying to scare you PsychoMom, just want you to know that. But these random ideas just keep coming to me, and I'm sure they do to you, too.

I was mainly trying to think why would a young woman leave her home on a Saturday night without her cell phone, especially. Yes, you would think she would have screamed in this scenario, unless they put their hand over her mouth.

IF, if, if, if SMD did NOT do this (and I'm trying not to make a judgment there), I'm just saying it does not necessarily mean a serial killer is loose in Macon. It could just be your run-of-the-mill "gansta" types, which is not exactly more comforting, I know. Someone without a car IMO, because otherwise you would logically think they could have found ANYWHERE to dump her torso besides on the very property she disappeared from!

There's always the possibility that she didn't leave home without her personal items, and that the killer put them back in her apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks