Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

another possible idea for seeking someone who knew or recognizes George Brody.

Another WS'r has utilized the City-data forum with some success on a few cases here at WS. I have just started exploring the forum, and have sent off a message to one of the moderators asking for direction on where to post a few unidentified cases. There are a few places I'd like to post, city, true crime, and people search. however cross posting is against their TOS - so I am awaiting some direction on the best place to try posting this info. Thus far, I am thinking of all the options, people search being the best.

The City-data forum is enormous, much much larger than WS with far more members than WS.

I'd like to start with two cases there, one non relate to Anna's case and another to see if we can find someone who might know or recognize George Brody.

If anyone would like to take a look at CD or City-data to see what I am refering to, here is the link. And maybe we'll get lucky and find someone who knows GB, or maybe even someone who knows Seka.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/

Hi Cubby,

What can I do to help on this? Let me know.

Hi Cubby,

Thanks for the PM.

I've had a bit of a look at City Data and I think that People Search would probably be a good place to post both Anna's story and and for info on GB.

I haven't had a chance to read their TOS yet but I'm wondering if it would be against their TOS, eg; cross posting, for you to post Anna's story and request for info on GB in People search and me to post something similar in True Crime.

I'm on annual leave as of tomorrow night, so I'll have a better look while I'm at home.

Good find Cubby.

Cross posting is definately a no-no at City-Data. I messaged one of the mods at CD and we agreed the people finder is the best area at CD for the unidentified. WS member believe09 had some great success with leads for the Benjaman Kyle case (he is a living john doe) with attempts to identify him and find people who worked in the places he remembered from the 80's. She is the one who introduced me to CD.

A little bit about CD. It is mostly for relocation and city information, however there is a good deal of other topics.

I need to go back and look up the info on GB as to his addresses, the restaurants he hung around at. The names of the hospitals Margaret was treated at along with where he was treated. Basically any information that would help id him. I don't recall all of that off the top of my head.

I'd like to get two threads going there. One for GB and the other for Seka. I have a few things I have to get done this week so it will be a hit or miss for me with uninterupted time, but will try to get on this asap.

Both would have to be in the people search area or the mods will move/merge from any other area's as cross posting.

Hope this makes sense as I haven't had enough coffee yet, lol, and I am not quite fully awake yet.

Hopefully this new avenue might give us some additional leads to pursue.

Hugs all,

Cubby

Cross posting is definately a no-no at City-Data. I messaged one of the mods at CD and we agreed the people finder is the best area at CD for the unidentified. WS member believe09 had some great success with leads for the Benjaman Kyle case (he is a living john doe) with attempts to identify him and find people who worked in the places he remembered from the 80's. She is the one who introduced me to CD.

A little bit about CD. It is mostly for relocation and city information, however there is a good deal of other topics.

I need to go back and look up the info on GB as to his addresses, the restaurants he hung around at. The names of the hospitals Margaret was treated at along with where he was treated. Basically any information that would help id him. I don't recall all of that off the top of my head.

I'd like to get two threads going there. One for GB and the other for Seka. I have a few things I have to get done this week so it will be a hit or miss for me with uninterupted time, but will try to get on this asap.

Both would have to be in the people search area or the mods will move/merge from any other area's as cross posting.

Hope this makes sense as I haven't had enough coffee yet, lol, and I am not quite fully awake yet.

Hugs all,

Cubby

Another brilliant endevour Cubby :)
Cross posting links is a no no however, it is ok to post on this site regarding Anna and crew right? They don't have to know we're WS'ers. The only draw back is age of posters. Brody was an old man in the sixtie's and seventie's so to find someone who knew him then will be quite elder I would think?? It certainly may pay off tho as everyone has relatives. The idea of posting the restaurants and hospitals is great, perhaps we can find a nurse on a forum who rings a bell. The thing with Brody is he has to have relatives somewhere, even neices or nephews if he had sibs. Someone knows something, nice to move forward again.
xox

Hugs all,

Cubby

Cubby, Margaret was originally treated at San Francisco General Hospital and after that at Laguna Honda Hospital. I don't remember the restaurant GB hung out at...was it Denny's? Should be in Searching for Anna under Joe Ford's notes. I'll look.

I'll have a little more free time over the weekend and hope to get a thread for GB at CD this weekend.

Still going through the 2 threads for GB to refresh my memory....

I still need to find an old post of mine mentioning one of the restaurants the two G's frequented. I'd like to gather some more notes prior to starting the thread at CD. I promise it is in the works.

One thing I did notice. There has never been any mention of requesting or obtaining a signed lease that GB or MK may have signed for either the hotels or the property he lived at with Margaret before her passing. Anna's family knew one of the property owners of the home on Noe that GB and MK rented. Earlier posts mentioned the former owner being interviewed. Were leases just not required back then? Or were they obtained and no information was gained from viewing them?

tia

Thank you Dr. Doogie!

Can someone tell me if the 1006 Noe St. address was an Oakland or an SF address?

tia

also, I am still working on getting this thread for GB at CD. I had a couple of unexpected emergencies which delayed me, but have a little more time to work on this again. Hopefully will get it done soon before RL gets too busy again.

thanks!

Still going through the 2 threads for GB to refresh my memory....

I still need to find an old post of mine mentioning one of the restaurants the two G's frequented. I'd like to gather some more notes prior to starting the thread at CD. I promise it is in the works.

One thing I did notice. There has never been any mention of requesting or obtaining a signed lease that GB or MK may have signed for either the hotels or the property he lived at with Margaret before her passing. Anna's family knew one of the property owners of the home on Noe that GB and MK rented. Earlier posts mentioned the former owner being interviewed. Were leases just not required back then? Or were they obtained and no information was gained from viewing them?

tia

There was no lease for Noe Street that we know of. The owner said that GB always paid the rent, and that he paid it in cash.

Thank you Annasmom. I did want to spend time so I could condense what we have learned about GB into a single post. I actually went back and read through all of thread 1 prior to compiling the most important facts we uncovered about GB.

I'm glad to have had two replies to the CD thread. At least it lets us know people are looking.

I'm still praying for answers. Maybe it is strange, but I still sometimes look at the stars or a star and wonder if Anna might be looking at the same star. Then I wonder from which direction might she see it. IOW, if I am looking to the east is she too seeing that same star from the east or another direction.

She and your family are still and always will be close to my heart. The answers are out there somewhere... hopefully we will find them.

hugs~
Cubby

Wondering if at a possible, the GB mentioned in the article below could be GB. Both involved in unions.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstr...p=1&sq=SHEFFERMAN AIDE INVOKES THE 5TH&st=cse

The heading reads:
link
october 30/1957 the new york times
Shefferman aid invokes the 5th 'won't tell senators if...
the scheme, Mr. Rohrdanz called for the dismissal of several employees, eventually narrowed to one, George Brody. The Teamsters Union.. (ends there).

Once I clicked on the link:
SHEFFERMAN AIDE INVOKES THE 5TH; Won't Tell Senators if He Used Aliases in Fighting Strikes--Balks 38 Times Compliments A.F.L.-C.I.O. Shefferman Aide Invokes the 5th On Tactics Used to Fight Strikes Funeral Trip for Beck 'Deplorable--Disgraceful'

.By JOSEPH A. LOFTUS Special to The New York Times. ();
October 30, 1957,
, Section , Page 1, Column , words

WASHINGTON, Oct. 29-- Senate racket investigators encountered today their first "Fifth Amendment witness" on the management side

The scheme, Mr. Rohrdanz said, called for the dismissal of several employes, eventually narrowed to one man, George Brody. The Teamsters Union then was to ...
October 30, 1957
~ so am wondering of course if this is our George Brody plus mentioning the Teamsters Union...

something that just came in my head not sure if has been discussed before or not, when george brody passed away how long was it before the other george took his life?.
what if brody and george had something to do with anna going missing they sold her to some family man and women?

what if the people they gave her to were not who they thought they were and something really bad happened to anna.

then when brody died george w couldn't take it anymore and to spare everyone some pain he went and took his own life? did george w leave a note as to why he killed himself?

Thanks. I had forgotten my CD password, but amazing recalled it when I opened the link through the above post. I replied..... still hoping for more information on GB when the 1940 Census comes out later this spring.

I decided to start re-reading the threads on here and one thing that now keeps nagging at me is GB's insistence on Anna's name being changed to match his numerology number. I have not paid much attention to the numerology thing before as I don't really believe in it and therefore, I have never bothered to learn about it.

This now confuses me more as to whether I believe that GB was his real name or not. You would think that if he was that serious about Anna's numerology being an exact match to his then it would have to be worked out on his real full name and not an alias, otherwise it's not really a true match. Just to confuse me even more is the fact that the numerology was worked out on George Brody, no middle name. I have been doing my family tree for several years and it would have been highly unlikely for someone born in the early part of the 20th century not to have a middle name, usually the Father's name, Grandfather's name or as in several lines in my family, the Mother's maiden name.

So, on one hand, if he was really serious about the numerology then you would have to believe that GB (with no middle name) was his real name and on the other hand it is not his real name but with his twisted mind and obvious "God complex" he could make anything fit. If HE said it was so, then it was so.

This man makes my head hurt :(

I decided to start re-reading the threads on here and one thing that now keeps nagging at me is GB's insistence on Anna's name being changed to match his numerology number. I have not paid much attention to the numerology thing before as I don't really believe in it and therefore, I have never bothered to learn about it.

This now confuses me more as to whether I believe that GB was his real name or not. You would think that if he was that serious about Anna's numerology being an exact match to his then it would have to be worked out on his real full name and not an alias, otherwise it's not really a true match. Just to confuse me even more is the fact that the numerology was worked out on George Brody, no middle name. I have been doing my family tree for several years and it would have been highly unlikely for someone born in the early part of the 20th century not to have a middle name, usually the Father's name, Grandfather's name or as in several lines in my family, the Mother's maiden name.

So, on one hand, if he was really serious about the numerology then you would have to believe that GB (with no middle name) was his real name and on the other hand it is not his real name but with his twisted mind and obvious "God complex" he could make anything fit. If HE said it was so, then it was so.

This man makes my head hurt :(

Personally, my take on it was numerology to GB was some way to sway people into his sphere of influence. It's intriguing to some and imo that is all it meant to BG. I don't believe he actually believed in it, just that he used as a means to hook vulnerable impressionable people.

Based on all the genealogy information and newspaper articles raf was able to find (when no one else could), I believe GB's name to be his real name and not an alias. It may be an anglicized name derived from his birth name, but I believe it to be his real name.

I'm still hoping we can find more information on him when the 1940 census comes out. If so, it might help us trace backwards from there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back