GUILTY WA - Kimmie Daily, 16, South Hill, 17 Aug 2010

So, to summarize the amazing community support....

TODAY, Saturday, Aug 28 - Car wash at Puyallup Autozone

Sunday Aug 29 - Sparks Firehouse Deli in Puyallup donating 20% of proceeds

Monday Aug 30 - The Flying Tomato Italian Grill in Graham donating 20% of proceeds

Thursday Sept 2 - Amici Italian Eatery in Graham donating 20% of proceeds from 5-8pm

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/28/1318289/events-planned-to-help-family.html

Volunteers give labor of love to raise money for teen's funeral

Friends, and people who didn't even know young murder victim Kimmie Daily gave up their Saturday to help pay for her funeral.

[snip]

After only a few hours, they had filled envelopes with hundreds of dollars in donations.

"I am really shocked at the turnout," Auditore said. "We had cars lining up even before 9 o'clock. We've had people making donations here since yesterday."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/101727363.html

Shot from Today @ Sparks Firehouse Deli

img00880201008291351.jpg

Yesterday we went to Sparks for dinner and while we were sitting there waiting for our food a little girl about 6 years old walked up to the table that JVK has posted above.. She clasped her hands together and said a prayer.

Brought tears to mine, my husbands, my daughters and our friends eyes. Such a wonderful thing coming from such a young girl.

Sparks posted today on their Facebook page that over $1000 was raised for Kimmies fund.

Thanks to the community for all of your outpouring of love and support.

The service was beautiful

A big thank you to Marshelle, Mary, Sheri and Corkie for helping Cecil, Naomi and the rest of Kimmies family in their time of need. You guys did an awesome job!

Watching the video about the service one thing stood out to me...

Marshelle said "Kimmie had a way with life that made everyday special, she made sure you knew your were important..."

Kimmie, I hope you know that you ARE important. To your community and to us.

:rose: R.I.P Kimmie :rose:

Just some more articles about the memorial.

Tacoma: Community honors Kimmie Daily's smile-filled life

Kimmie Daily never could pick a favorite color. She liked them all. "She was kind of a rainbow," Sheri Potter said Wednesday, quoting Kimmie's father, Cecil. Potter had wanted a rainbow made of balloons for Kimmie's funeral, but had to settle for two bouquets of colored balloons. She tied them to the teen’s casket.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/...-honors-girls-smile-filled.html#ixzz0yRPr3wIs

Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily Honored at Memorial, Friends Speak of Warmth, Smile and Love of Life

Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily's friends and family gathered Wednesday to remember the girl who was always smiling and tried to put the tragic ending to her life out of their minds, if only for a little while.

[snip]

More than 600 mourners attended the service, including a contingent from Rogers High School and fellow Special Olympics athletes. Each person was given a single rose as they entered the Calvary Community Church in Sumner, Wash., about 35 miles south of Seattle.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20015437-504083.html

Judge extends time for prosecutor to decide on death penalty in Kimmie Daily murder

A Pierce County judge has given defense attorneys more time to come up with reasons why Prosecutor Mark Lindquist should not pursue the death penalty for the man accused of killing a developmentally disabled South Hill girl.

Superior Court Judge Linda Lee last week signed an order extending Lindquist's deadline for making a decision on Tyler W. Savage's case until February.

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crim...penalty-in-kimmie-daily-murder/#ixzz11tgiQs13

Good luck defense lawyers. Your client killed a developmentally disabled teenager. I don't think there's a jury on this planet that's not going to vote to give him the death penalty, and there's no reason you can possible come up with that it would be taken off of the table in the first place. I guess you have try, though.

I am bummed that it will be next year at least before Kimmie gets justice. *sigh*

Does life without parole MEAN life without parole in Washington State?

Or does it mean 20 years with good behavior and let's end up with another victim then?

I am going to remember that he lured a cognitively delayed 16 year old girl to a vacant lot.
Then strangled her while or after raping her.
Then concealed her body after she died allowing the community to search for days.

I am going to try not to imagine Kimmie's last moments over and over again like I did in August.

I am going to try not to look at my own daughter and see Kimmie constantly, like I did in August.

I am going to try and get the frightening image of him in court... out of my head.

I am going to try and remind myself that he had just turned 18.

I am going to remember that I agree the death penalty should be reserved for the "worst of the worst."

I am going to try and understand why he is not the "worst of the worst." Other than his age.

I am going to try and understand a lot, I have time.

I am fairly certain that Kimmie spent her last moments confused and trying to understand as well.

Kimmie didn't deserve this.
Nobody does. But Kimmie REALLY didn't deserve this.

kimmiej.jpg

"It's like going through hell," said Cecil Daily, the father of 16-year old Kimmie Daily.
"It's, like, you felt alone.

Nobody's there to help you, no law enforcement around.
You're out there trying to do what you can.
I spent the first 24 hours out there on my own, trying to find her."

Daily says he reported his daughter missing immediately.
Kimmie was born developmentally disabled and had the mentality of a 10-year old, and so she was considered especially at risk.

Police wouldn't intervene until 24 hours had passed
, Daily added, for fear that Kimmie could be a runaway.
The teenager, however, had no history of that.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Kimmie-138183299.html

Yes... that would have been awful... if an 8-10 year old had "run away" and you had looked for them.
I mean... how AWFUL would that outcome have been?

The trial, was continued... it is now scheduled for:

03/05/2012 09:00 AM - JURY TRIAL

03/15/2012 is Kimmie's 18th Birthday

kimmie2.jpg

I have no idea how long the trial is scheduled to last...
I do know that a resolution... would be a great 18th birthday present for Kimmie. :seeya:

kimmie4.jpg

And we certainly wouldn't want to upset Kimmie, now would we??? :giggle: :crazy:

kimmie.jpg

(Sorry, couldn't resist that one... too d@mn cute.) :innocent:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.141424249227545&type=1

03/05/2012 09:00 am linda cj lee 19 jury trial continued
05/04/2012 10:30 am linda cj lee 19 omnibus hearing
06/14/2012 09:00 am linda cj lee 19 motion-suppress (3.5,3.6,7.8)
07/23/2012 08:30 am linda cj lee 19 jury trial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back