6-21-12 Court Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Av7xfMxCQAAXxOB.jpg

Defense laywers.

http://twitter.com/justin_ling/status/215875350457106433/photo/1

@justin_ling
Magnotta had a psyc in Berlin. Leclair goes on to say that ‪#Magnotta‬ "trusts the Canadian judicial system."

Oh good lord. Are we going to have to pay for psych experts from Berlin to come testify at this trial? :banghead:

this clears it up:
Justin Ling‏@justin_ling

Magnotta had a psyc in Berlin. Leclair goes on to say that #Magnotta "trusts the Canadian judicial system."

Pffft!

I would LOVE to see him extradited to China, where they can dole out any brand of justice they see fit. Let his poor victim's family have the satisfaction of deciding.

Peter Akman‏@AkmanCBCNews

#Magnotta's lawyer thanks the Berlin doctor and lawyer for helping his client

Leclair stated he instructed the Montreal lawyers not to comment to the media anymore. Their statements will be simply in court from now on.

New lawyer is Luc Leclair, who appears to be in charge, but Pierre and another lawyer were present also, so appears to be a team.

How much is this costing? Our Provincial tax already went up by 1%. :banghead:

Oh good lord. Are we going to have to pay for psych experts from Berlin to come testify at this trial? :banghead:

You know I have to ask you this, right? What if it is proven, beyond a doubt, that his actions were due to schizophrenia, or a drug interaction? Yes, this is going to cost us (the taxpayers) money, but isn't this the whole basis of a fair and just criminal system that a defendant be given all the tools at his disposal to prove he is not guilty, even if it is an insanity defense? I think we need to step back from our overwrought emotions and let this play out.

You know I have to ask you this, right? What if it is proven, beyond a doubt, that his actions were due to schizophrenia, or a drug interaction? Yes, this is going to cost us (the taxpayers) money, but isn't this the whole basis of a fair and just criminal system that a defendant be given all the tools at his disposal to prove he is not guilty, even if it is an insanity defense? I think we need to step back from our overwrought emotions and let this play out.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with my opinions in this case and I would ask those who are opposed not to tell me what I should or should not do.

This ain't my first rodeo. Thanks

How much is this costing? Our Provincial tax already went up by 1%. :banghead:

I don't think these are legal aid lawyers. Panaccio isn't for sure, and Leclair appears to have his own practise on Carlton St in downtown Toronto. So LRM will be footing the bill. I remember a television report the other night saying there had been a number of lawyers interested in taking on the case. Perhaps for the notoriety, they give a reduced rate.

I don't think these are legal aid lawyers. Panaccio isn't for sure, and Leclair appears to have his own practise on Carlton St in downtown Toronto. So LRM will be footing the bill. I remember a television report the other night saying there had been a number of lawyers interested in taking on the case. Perhaps for the notoriety, they give a reduced rate.

I predict a book deal is in the works already. Perhaps even a few US and International deals in the works for shows like 48 hours or Dateline.....

we dont know the specifics.. lawyers can offer services pro bono for the publicity

I'm not asking anyone to agree with my opinions in this case and I would ask those who are opposed not to tell me what I should or should not do.

This ain't my first rodeo. Thanks

not telling you what to think at all. I am suggesting that none of us here are in possession of ALL the facts in this case. Funny you mention rodeo...I don't want this to be a rodeo or see cowboy justice meted out. I want a fair and just trial and I want Lin Jun's family to find some measure of peace at the end of it. We aren't in opposition as much as you think.

Well, at least his lawyer isn't Luka Leclair ;) (bit of a coinkydink perhaps?)

So he's too doped up now to tell where the victim's head is or what? So the victim's family will forever live with not having their beloved son/brother laid to rest with dignity. He not only victimized one person, he victimized an entire family who deserves to know where the remains are.

WHAT A !

On CBC right now.......him and the court thing.

I not only feel a book deal coming I also feel a 'major motion picture' in the works.

UGH.....I can't even imagine all the crap that's coming down the pike.

CBC is now telling about the new lawyer:

- LRM needs meds (according to lawyer)

- lawyer is from Northern Ontario

- lawyer got permission to go to Quebec for this trial

- lawyer has ties to Belinda Stronach (sp???)

- jury trial of BOTH French & English speakers

That's it.

I have no problem with this at all. If this were to be the case obviously LM is not able to be trusted to take his medication and therefore is a threat to society and to himself which means perhaps he won't be locked up in a jail but will be locked up in an asylum for the rest of his life. This is a very slippery slope that the defense is going to try and undertake.

I can see right through, as most people can, what the defence is trying to do and I honestly don't think it's going to work. It may just backfire on them BIG time. The drugs that were named are not necessarily for schizophrenia and can be for a multitude of psychosis and for psychopathy. It will be up to the prosecutors to hammer this point home to the jury. They will need to call on many experts. I am willing to bet that the defence coming out with what they did today were hoping that the prosecutors would be the ones to turn around and ask for a psych evaluation. I have lived with my husband family members (2 of them) being schizophrenic and you will never convince me in a thousand years that LM was off meds and suffers from schizophrenia and that is the reason he committed this crime and the murder of the kittens, NO WAY EVER. And if he was on his meds and was diagnosed with being schizophrenic then something is totally wrong because again no way would he have acted in such a deliberate and calculating way. Sorry if I seem angry but I am beyond angry, it's basically an insult to anyone who has ever had a member of a family who is schizophrenic or for that matter is a schizophrenic, and say they are walking time bombs to murder, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Absolutely horse patootee (and that is not the word I want to say). Once again LM is suckering the world in and some will follow, he is the Pied Piper of this century. I don't buy his game.

I see LL was also Regional Organizer for our Minister of Defence, Peter M (one of the peeps that Russ Williams piloted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth