NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scratched my leg 5 or so days ago. I don't know how, or on what.

Interesting to see the stages the scratch went through: from a raised welt, to a scab, to a bit of a faint scar. most noticeable were the 2 first stages, welt and scab.

Strange that GBC stayed in hospital on day 3-5, when I am guessing his scratches were scabbing. Got me thinking, perhaps the 'accident' and 2 day hospitalisation was to steer clear of media photographers during the scab phase?

As one of the few (apparently) males on here, can I just stick my head into the lion's den and make a point from the man's perspective?

It takes two to tango, and as a (very) happily married man myself, I have been "targeted" by the odd woman over the years (maybe "odd" reflects their taste?? ;) ). And I should point out that MOST of these have been married women.

However, the thoughts of the disastrous consequences of getting involved, and what it would mean to my own marriage, completely over-rode the temptations of the moment, no matter how flattering they may have been to one's ego.

The thought of destroying my own marriage doesn't even bear thinking about - BUT - that's because I have a beautiful wife who is also my best friend and soul mate, and a marriage that I value extremely highly.

BUT - and here's the thing - if the BC marriage was already at the stage - for whatever reasons - that they were having problems, then the consequences of his actions may not have been able to over-ride the temptations and ego-stroking that were being offered. Of course, we do not know who made the first play between GBC and TM, and I am in no way defending or blaming either party. As somebody already posted - these things happen - it's human nature.

In my case, the marriage is something to be treasured and there is no way that I would do anything to jeopardize that. But for someone who is in a rocky marriage, then temptation may rule the day....

We just don't know what was going on in the marriage, so we shouldn't really pass judgement. There are at least two sides to the story - or in this case - maybe three sides?

Well said Dr Watson - you sound like my first husband. Now all I have to do is find him!! Have you got any brothers?

Thank you, I think it will be hard for me to contribute and not be defensive of TM, i have now been told twice that is not what this thread is about.

She isn't just a snap shot of a face on the news of a woman who had an affair with a married man accused of killing his wife, to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my own peril I will fess up...

I met my husband some 15 years ago at work. He was married. It was well known (admitted by his then wife, her colleagues, his colleagues and their families) that the marriage had been rocky for a long time. They made a decision to remain together until their 2 children finished school. This was fine with him until he met me. He realised very quickly that he didn't want to stay in a bad marriage.

We didn't have an illicit affair but we spent a lot of time together talking etc. Some would say that an emotional affair is just as bad. He told her about me and that he was leaving. She's made his life a living hell ever since but we take it on the chin as we were inappropriate and she is angry.

All this time later she is still bitter, it has not done her any favours as her kids (now grown) have a wonderful relationship with me and their Dad. We now have a beautiful 2 year old (she calls Satans spawn). He is adored by his older siblings and their relationship with him makes my heart sing. My relationship with my husbands family is wonderful (because they like to see him happy and they know how long he tried to make his marriage work). My family also adore him. He helps me care for my Mum with such kindness.

People always say "once a cheater, always a cheater...". I don't believe this. I thoroughly trust my husband.

TM made a mistake. GBC was the one responsible to his marriage. Meeting someone and falling in love regardless of their marital situation is not a crime. Morally reprehensible...perhaps. Everyone could have made better choices here. GBC could have kept his pants zipped, TM could have refused a married man and Allison could have left him when she discovered the affair. It was a culmination of disastrous choices and GBC's narcissistic disregard for the mother of his children that lead to the horror of Allison's demise. If he killed her, then he and only he is responsible.

I wrote this on an iPad whilst being climbed over by my toddler so please excuse typos :)

All MOO, IMO & JMO of course.

Well said Dr Watson - you sound like my first husband. Now all I have to do is find him!! Have you got any brothers?

:floorlaugh: Thankee kindly :)

Completely off-topic, but your post reminds me of a classic line from "Two and a half men" on TV. Charlie's mother meets a handsome man and says "Wow - you look just like my fourth husband".

Him: "How many times have you been married then?"

Her: "Three....."

:floorlaugh: Thankee kindly :)

Completely off-topic, but your post reminds me of a classic line from "Two and a half men" on TV. Charlie's mother meets a handsome man and says "Wow - you look just like my fourth husband".

Him: "How many times have you been married then?"

Her: "Three....."

That show - they're always stealing my lines!! :crazy::crazy:

The picture of the one on his neck I posted which a lot of people scoffed at seemed quite deep and IMO caused a scar.

I saw that one on the neck, it appeared quite noticable. Just didn't know how deep the ones on the chest were supposed to be. the interesting thing on the face ones.. Apparently GBC told police it was from cutting himself with an old razor while shaving.. yet they said they appeared consistent with fingernail scratches(thats right isn't it?).. yet he must have told his sister he fell over and scratched his head/face.. I remember her saying in an interview that he had fallen over and bumped/scratched his head in response to the being asked about the scratches. No wonder Det. Ainsworth said he had given them a version of events in relation to the scratches..obviously given some other versions to family also. (like the walking story)

June 13, 2012
At 3pm, Mr Baden-Clay was arrested at the Toowong Towers car park. Police allege the scratches on Mr Baden-Clay's face have scarred and have been "partially obscured by beard growth".
He is charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.
June 14, 2012
A government medical officer advises police a shaving cut is "usually a epidermal nick and is not likely to scar given that they don't break the dermis. A non-intimate forensic order is requested to shave the relevant part of Mr Baden-Clay's face, examine and take photograph of the injuries".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz1z2EXLZR2

Thanks App0leblossom _ I was "howled down" when I suggested that he grew the beard to disguise the injuries (and their aftermath).!

April 21, 2012
Mr Baden-Clay voluntarily attended the Indooroopilly Police Station with his lawyers and voluntarily provided a DNA sample and allowed police to take photos of his body.
Scratches and abrasions on his chest, torso and neck were photographed.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz1z285ldY1

Thanks, I didn't mean I had not seen the scratches on the chest mentioned. I meant I had not seen them mention if they were deep or just 'abrasions'..

Poignant and timely post. This started off as a thread about a crime and a victim. The line that separated sleuthing the crime, and making it personal, as seems to be on any Aussie forum (I’m on a few), disappeared threads ago.

There is still much more to be discussed about the crime.

For those who don’t like the opposite view (and I don’t necessarily take it in this case), need to look at form an analytical point of view. Until something is proven, you have to test your hypothesis (best guess). The devils advocate approach continually tests what you know, what you think and what you want to know more about. You need to ask, how else could it have happened? In this case, I cant see any other option but the accused. There are so many holes in his story that you cant believe otherwise. And i am with the majority here in thinking this.

This is not to say you cant have an opinion without getting shot down. Counter arguing an opinion is a much more measured and appropriate approach, than taking the emotive stance and blasting others for sharing that view.

TM is a fool and guilty of adultery, and nothing more at this stage.
As for EBC not visiting her son (assumed), she may have her whole family ripped apart and be completely free of any knowledge. If this is the case, I do feel for her. if not, well that’s another thought.

This site is about the crime and the victim, nothing more.

The talk of facebook, 7 page spreads in the news, people spotting for salacious purposes denigrates the basis for what this site is set up for.

I hope and pray that her family, especially her kids never have to read any of these threads and are kept away from it.

The police have a job and I think are doing he best they can.
TM is not the adulterer she is an adulterers mistress nearly as bad. but i doubt she was directly involved. may have helped gbc later JMOO

Hypothetically, what some would like to say to 'other woman' here is:
This affair was alleged to have been going on since 2008. He was a married man. You had a choice. Pursuer/pursued irrelevant. You both engaged in this relationship of convenience not for a few weeks, or months, but for the past 4 years. Allegedly, you both associated in public with disregard for his marriage or the feelings of his wife and family. There was no respect for Allison. You now find yourself associated with the alleged murderer - who was also philandering on you - a devastating situation you would rather not be in. But, the mother of 3 little children has been murdered, her life tragically ended at the hands of her alleged murderer. Her little girls will not have their mother to help raise them or be there for the significant events in their lives. The best you can do now is assist QPolice to the best of your ability. You may redeem yourself to some degree in the eyes of the some. My opinion only, based on MSM, not fact.

Hypothetically, what some would like today to 'other woman' here is:
This affair was alleged to have been going on since 2008. He was a married man. You had a choice. Pursuer/pursued irrelevant. You both engaged in this relationship of convenience not for a few weeks, or months, but for the past 4 years. Allegedly, you both associated in public with disregard for his marriage or the feelings of his wife and family. There was no respect for Allison. You now find yourself associated with the alleged murderer - who was also philandering on you - a devastating situation you would rather not be in. But, the mother of 3 little children has been murdered, her life tragically ended at the hands of her alleged murderer. Her little girls will not have their mother to help raise them or be there for the significant events in their lives. The best you can do now is assist QPolice to the best of your ability. You may redeem yourself to some degree in the eyes of the some. My opinion only, drawn from MSM, not fact.
agree entirely IF there is anything she can help police with

I missed & can't find the scratch mark pics :( Sorry but anyone have a link? TIA

I have spent days reading through these forums.

First and foremost I am devastated for the three girls who lost their mother at the hands of presumably their own father.

My thoughts are with Allison's family. I hope they find the strength they need to try and work through this unforgivable crime!

---
Do you all think Allison knew what he was capable of? Of course not! So tell me... How could Toni?

Most people in life like to see the best in people, especially people we love. I am bemused at the fingers that have been pointed at Toni who is a victim here!

She foolishly fell in love with a married man, sadly it happens every day. The heart wants what it wants and sometimes it rules the head.

It frustrates me to read comments like "she shouldn't have 'gone after' a married man" how do know that she was not the one pursued - he was her boss, he had the position of power. Him sleazing on to her seems more plausible given cassinova was juggling a wife and 3 lovers!

It frustrates me that people say she "demanded" that he leave his wife. When? Just because he e-mailed her saying he made her a commitment to leave his wife by a certain date doesn't mean she demanded it - it seems more likely that she was sick of sneaking around and was going to put an end to it and he encouraged her to keep up the affair promising that he will leave his wife. It's a story been told thousands of times before!

It frustrates me that people comment on her appearance as if the affair would be more acceptable if the photos of her released by the media were more flattering it would some how be ok? She is absolutely beautiful in person.

No one but she knows why she fell in love with a married man - most of make mistakes of the heart but that doesn't mean she had any idea it would end this way.

She is a victim. Her life will never be the same again. She could have been the one who was killed if he could work out away to cash in on her demise!

He is a gutless man fuelled by greed! He preys on people to take advantage of. Toni is just one more on a long list of people who is hurting due to the actions of this spineless snake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, welcome. In regards to your comment that TM's life will never be the same again.. I would also like to point out neither will Allisons girls lives or her familys or anyone involved in this or affected by it. And Allisons life is no more..

I agree we should not tar and feather someone and proclaim their guilt with no knowledge or facts. And things such as Tm's appearance should not really come into it. However I don't completely absolve her of any responsibility in having an affair with a married man. I agree it sounds as though GBC was a repeat offender in regards to affairs and womanizing. But as I said I do believe the women involved bear just some responsibility if they had knowledge he was a married man..cleary TM did know this. I am certainly not saying she takes the mountain of blame..and you are right that we don't know it was her who gave GBC an ultimatum. And we don't know if she knew anything of what he was allegedly capable of.. but I don't think to make the analogy that because Allison didn't, she would not of either.. We really do not know, but it is entirely possible that at some point she did have an understanding.. Maybe not.. I would think if GBC phones after his wife goes missing and says he needs to lay low for awhile, there would be some concern or thought on her part. And maybe there was, maybe she did tell police that..

IMO

I missed & can't find the scratch mark pics :( Sorry but anyone have a link? TIA

if only we could have seen what the scratches were like while he was in hospital. noticible scabs I'm guessing.
not that we didn't know the car 'accident' wasn't planned to start with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan