MT MT - Robyn Pettinato, 14, Whitefish, 5 July 1975

I also have Nancy Kirkpatrick on the list.

Kathy Guerrrera, 16, disappeared from her home in Missoula (August '74).

It's very possible that some of these girls were runaways, and that they later returned home. I just was unable to find anything further on them.

Kathy Guerrera was a childhood friend of mine. She disappeared and none of us knew where she had gone or what happened. She showed back up in Missoula many years later. She had run away and been living back East with an older man. She is alive and well and back in Missoula I can say with certainty because I did catch sight of her as recently as a few weeks ago. Robyn Pettinato was a cousin of some friends of mine. I did ask about 6 years ago if they had ever heard from her or found out what happened. I got a non-answer, indicating they did not want to discuss it. Very sad.

Robyn Ann Pettinato, 14, Missing since July 5, 1975 from Whitefish, MT

Robyn Ann Pettinato
Missing since July 5, 1975
from Whitefish, Flathead County, Montana
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 12, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. brown hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: Cut-off jean shorts, tan pattered halter top
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Robyn was last seen in Whitefish, Montana on July 5, 1975.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Whitefish Police Department
406-863-2420

OR

Flathead County Sheriff's Office
Detective Sergeant Pat Walsh
406-758-5600

Agency Case Number: MP070575

NCMEC Number: NCMC1047563

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Montana Department of Justice
NamUs MP #4646
The Doe Network: Case File 2554DFMT

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2554dfmt.html

This case is very odd. And the amount of girls that disappeared in that time frame is staggering. What's this about girls disappearing in Marion?

Possibly the work of a serial killer in the area?

True, but I would like more info about the Marion missing girls

There is FINALLY a clear, color picture of Robyn!

NCMC1047563c1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Montanagal, when you say Robyn didn't make it past her backyard-are you saying she was abused by her fam and they could have killed her?

I remember Robyn, I cant proclaim that we were friends but more two teens growing up in a small town. Her disappearance has lingered in my head for going on 40 years now. I am confident that the detective in charge of the case went to what ever measures he could to find Robyn, I recall a statement that he made for the local news paper regarding his retirement 20 plus years later, his greatest disappointment of his career was not being able to find Robyn. Like any town small or large, rumors,gossip and unfounded accusations run rampant. I have my suspicions, unfounded and just a hunch. Unfortunately the person that I have considered a possible suspect died in prison several years ago serving time for kidnapping and rape. I would like to find Robyn or at least find out what happened to her, that is why I am here. If there is someone who is following this case, I still live in Whitefish and may have easier access to information.
Please feel free in contacting me regarding Robyn's disappearance.
Ty, TTOS

I looked at the post mortem photos for several minutes traaker13, i don't think it is her. The description also states that the deceased was natural brown hair. I am confident that Robyn was a natural blonde.

Hi, TTOS. Do you know anything about the circumstances of Robyn's disappearance? Any background informaton that can fill in the many blanks? Like where, and with whom, was she last seen? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

I am working on that Bessie, I am in contact with a former Whitefish PD detective (retired) and I am attempting to contact the retired detective that was the original investigator in 1975.

Meg, At the time of Robyn's disappearance Whitefish was a close knit small town of approx. 3000 people. Tourism was a secondary source of income, the economic basis was industry. Logging, the local aluminum plant and railroad workers.
The Pettinato family was a railroad family with local history of over 50 years at that time. I believe they lived in an area of town which was nicknamed "little Italy" which was very close to the railroad tracks. During that era the tracks had several hobo camps and transients were quite common. It is very possible that Robyn was abducted by one of these transients. There are so many directions that this could go and it has been so long ago.

Does anyone have information on serial killers that were known to travel by rail during that period?

It has been 7 years since I first posted Robyn's case here. I ran across it while trying to find posible connections to a series of Child disappearances in the Maryland and Pennsylvania area.

I have never been able to connect Robyn's disappearance with any of those other cases. No one has ever told me whether or not she was related to the many Pettinato's living in those states.

One of those cases is a feature case here on Websleuths - that of the disappearance of Sheila (12)and Katherine (10) Lyon on 25 March 1975. They lived in Kensington, Maryland which is adjacent to Wheaton where they had gone to a shopping mall. It has been theorized that they may have been abducted either from the area of the Mall or from the streets of Kensington while walking home.

In my research, I learned that persons named Pettinato lived in Kensington at the time, and also many by that name lived in Pennsylvania where several other young girls went missing in 1975.

I wondered then and now if Robyn might have traveled to the Maryland or Pennsylvania area to visit or stay with other family members.

Richard, I don't understand why you think all these cases of missing girls are linked to PA and Maryland when there is nothing to prove that. All those cases can't be linked and I would venture to say that they are not. I don't understand the obsession to find a connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back