Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/245ufva.html

Unidentified White Female

• Discovered on December 18, 1996 in Annandale, Fairfax County, Virginia.
  • Estimated Date of Death: December 17, 1996
  • Cause of death was suicide

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 60 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"; 157 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Auburn/red, curly hair. She had an 8 inch scar on her abdomen, probably from C-section. Fingernails painted red.
  • Dentals: Dental chart is available.
  • Clothing: Teal, all weather Eddie Baur hooded jacket, (size M). Navy blue Classiques Entier sweater (size L); red Classiques Entier sweater (size XL), red Classiques Entier sleeveless silk shirt (size Petite L), navy blue Classiques Entier knit wool pants (size L). Black loafers (size 7M), knee high stockings, white support bra, white "Fruite of the Loom" underpants (size 6). Her clothes may have come from an upscale store such as Saks Fifth Avenue. She also had a green knapsack.
  • Jewelry: She wore bifocals with translucent frames, two clip-on earrings, a small gold women's Guess watch with mesh band and a 14 karat gold ring with 4 jade stones, a metal bead chain with medic alert "NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin."
  • Other: Fingerprints/DNA available

Case History
This unidentified woman committed suicide on December 18, 1996. She left two 50$ bills one for the coroner and one for the cemetery with the same typed note:
Deceased by own hand...prefer no autopsy. Please order cremation with funds provided. Thank you, Jane Doe
She was located inside Pleasant Valley Memorial Park, a small cemetery in Annandale, Virginia. There was a clear plastic sheet on the ground. Next to the sheet was an 8" Christmas tree, adorned with gold balls and red ribbons.
In addition to drinking brandy (she had a 0.14 blood-alcohol level) and swallowing Valium, the victim had two empty juice bottles and a new roll of masking tape in her knapsack. She had no receipts in her pockets to enable police to trace her movements. She had a portable tape player, the headphones over her ears and had listened to a recording of comedians Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner doing their "2000 year old man" routine. She had placed a plastic bag over her head and tied it off with tape. This made her suffocate.
The site she chose, Pleasant Valley, probably wouldn't be known to a drifter. She lay down near the section of the cemetery where infants are buried, but not near any particular grave, and most of the stones nearby were fairly recent.

This December will mark the ten year anniversary of this woman's death.

Someone sent me a tip on my Myspace page www.myspace.com/do_u_recognize_me

They said they think they know who this woman is:

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200500025S

they believe it may be her

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200301575W

They are contacting reporting agencies.......what do you all think?

This body would have been discovered 6 yrs after Carmella's disappearance....

I'd like to know #1...did Carmella have an 8 inch scar on her abdomen? #2 were her ears pierced? #3 how accurate are heights and weights on this particular reporting site? (I have found many sites with many errors) the height is off by 4 inches, weight is off by 37 lbs (this could be possible in 6 yrs missing).

Question to sleuthers who have 'been around awhile'....these 2 women are listed on the same website...what are the chances this would be missed?

Secondly, they both have NCIC #'s, does that mean they have DNA and it's in a database?

Want to know if we are wasting our time.

Question to sleuthers who have 'been around awhile'....these 2 women are listed on the same website...what are the chances this would be missed?

Secondly, they both have NCIC #'s, does that mean they have DNA and it's in a database?

Want to know if we are wasting our time.

The first lady found in 1996 wasn't skeletal and she appeared to be in her mid to late 60's. I dunno Chris this doesn't seem to be a fit. It is possible the lady that went missing in 1990 traveled to the other coast to leave everything behind but I'll bet that husband knows she is closer to Riverside, Ca.

The first lady found in 1996 wasn't skeletal and she appeared to be in her mid to late 60's. I dunno Chris this doesn't seem to be a fit. It is possible the lady that went missing in 1990 traveled to the other coast to leave everything behind but I'll bet that husband knows she is closer to Riverside, Ca.

I think it was Riverdale, GA. Which is a hop skip and jump from me.

Thanks for your input concerned, I value your points of view!

I think it was Riverdale, GA. Which is a hop skip and jump from me.

Thanks for your input concerned, I value your points of view!

Boy, did I get that wrong. Riverdale,Ga. puts it much closer. Reading skills this AM aren't too good. Sorry.

Sorry, she does not look like a match to me either. Did anyone happen to notice the clothing she was wearing? Fruite of the Loom? Classique? This is French. Could she be from another country? I will look at Canada and European missing to see if I find anything. I would love to know where in the cemetary she was found--maybe she was "visiting" a grave and was heartbroken and could not deal with the fact that that "someone" was gone. If we could find a record of all burials within a certain time frame before she as found, maybe we would find a family member.

Just chiming in here.

The eyes and nose do seem similar, but the weight is off. Of course, we all know how easy it is to put on those pounds.

I don't think so, because Jane Doe is 4 inches shorter than the other lady.

are you serious.....how did I miss that????

There are just too many...I am rushing too much...I need to slow down! I am not helping anyone if I am rushing!

are you serious.....how did I miss that????

There are just too many...I am rushing too much...I need to slow down! I am not helping anyone if I am rushing!

But you're out there looking, and that's what matters! I'd rather see a thousand "I'm not sure" matches than to not see one posted at all.

You go girl!

Has any one ever sent a picture of this lady to the churches in the area or the doctors offices? I wonder if she worked for someone near by. It appears to me that there are a lot of wealthy people in Annandale. I think she looks Puerto Rican. IMO :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie