Forensic Astrology - NEVAEH BUCHANAN missing 5/24/09 MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for Nevaeh's killer continues
June 15, 2009 at 12:21 p.m.
<snipped>
Police say several leads have been developed from tips they have received; however, they still ask that anyone who may have fished the area of the River Raisin where Nevaeh's body was found please contact them with any information they may have. Investigators are seeking any vehicles or people who may have been in the area.

Nevaeh was laid to rest over the weekend. Friends and family gathered at the Stewart Road Christian Ministries Center on Saturday for a Celebration of Life service in honor of Nevaeh. Mourners lined the streets of Monroe as the girl's body was driven by a hearse to St. Joseph Cemetery for burial. Balloons were seen lifting to the air during the procession.

Authorities say they have yet to receive lab test results from evidence gathered at the crime scene.

PHOTOS: Search for Nevaeh's killer continues
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/photos.aspx?id=312826

VIDEO: Search for Nevaeh's killer continues
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/video.aspx?id=312826

Article:
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=312826
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIDEO: Family, friends say goodbye to Nevaeh
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=6863756

:angel:

Issues w/JVM 6/16/09 Part 1: 4:21
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZlRaTZsBk&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Issues w/JVM 6/16/09 Part 1[/ame]

Issues w/JVM 6/16/09 Part 2: 6:55
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy3wCmdBnaE"]YouTube - Issues w/JVM 6/16/09 Part 2[/ame]

Issues w/JVM 6/16/09 Part 3: 6:31
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL-GEITvKdQ"]YouTube - Issues w/JVM 6/16/09 Part 3[/ame]

Vernon Mac Davis
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...espite-actions
According to neighbors, FBI agents have twice visited the Monroe home of Vernon Davis, a 33-year-old man who was convicted in May 2007 of having sex with a minor younger than 16. Davis served no prison time for the offense, records show.
The Michigan Sex Offender Registry reports that Davis' home address is an apartment complex on Bacon near downtown Monroe. But his neighbor, 24-year-old Katherine Taormina, said Davis is never there. She said FBI agents questioned her about Davis after Nevaeh was reported missing.
"They came by here twice," Taormina said. "They asked if I'd seen him. They told us they were trying to get information about where he was when the girl disappeared. I told them I know he's supposed to be living here, but he never comes here. He usually stays down in Toledo."
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...espite-actions

Thanks Momtective. We had been aware of Mr Davis since early on when his myspace and paypal scam-like pages were set up as noted out on the main forum.

Thank you again for all your good work!

FYI: Thought I'd let you all know that it has been very quiet on any news about Nevaeh on all of our local news stations. I pray that this just means that a lot is going on in the background with LE & waiting for all of the lab results to come in.

SS & Tuba still no release of the 1st 911 call. I look everyday to see if it is released or mentioned on the news. Since her funeral there hasn't been any reports in the news.

Nevaeh Buchanan&#8217;s mom says, &#8216;&#8230;I feel like everyone is attacking me&#8217; and calls Nancy Grace &#8216;rude&#8217;
June 20, 4:27 PM
<snipped>
&#8220;It&#8217;s just very frustrating. I&#8217;ve got all these emotions running through me,&#8221; she said. &#8220;They could still be out there, whoever did this. I could have shook their hand&#8212;they could have showed up at the vigil. That keeps me up at night, not knowing who did this.&#8221;

Buchanan continued, &#8220;Plus, I feel like everyone is attacking me. There&#8217;s been some crazy rumors out here. There&#8217;s a rumor that I&#8217;m on house arrest&#8212;another rumor is that I&#8217;ve went to bars, and that I got jumped in a bar by some people who were mad about the case. None of it&#8217;s true. I haven&#8217;t been to a bar in ages, and I never got into any fight at a bar. I don&#8217;t know where people keep coming up with this stuff.&#8221;

Buchanan, 24, was interviewed by Nancy Grace on June 8 and walked off the show during a commercial break. Buchanan called her appearance traumatic and said of Grace, &#8220;She was rude, inconsiderate, all of the above. She made me confused and frustrated. I was getting to the point where I felt that she was accusing me of having something to do with [the murder].&#8221;

&#8220;I only went on the show to clear up a few things that were false about me. I&#8217;m not pregnant by the sex offender, which was a rumor. And I had nothing to do with what happened to my daughter. As of right now, I&#8217;m not even a person of interest&#8212;the focus isn&#8217;t even on me. That&#8217;s what the police said,&#8221; stated Buchanan.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...ne-is-attacking-me-and-calls-Nancy-Grace-rude

Mom: Nevaeh's funeral 'touched my heart'
by Ray Kisonas , last modified June 20. 2009 1:00AM
<snipped>
When hundreds of balloons were released at Munson Park during Nevaeh Buchanan's funeral procession, the little girl's mother felt a sense of peace.

"It was beautiful," Jennifer Buchanan said Friday afternoon. "When they let go of those balloons, I felt a piece of my daughter go with them."

A week after burying her daughter, Ms. Buchanan continues to grieve while searching for a tombstone and trying to understand who could have abducted and killed her 5-year-old daughter and why.

She also is struggling with the pain of rumors that continue to swirl around her. She and her mother, Sherry Buchanan, do not understand why they have to defend themselves and continue to proclaim their innocence.

During a lengthy interview Friday afternoon at their Charlotte Arms apartment, Nevaeh's mother and grandmother discussed the two sides of the Monroe community that have emerged from the tragedy.

Both women said they are grateful for the hundreds of people who helped search for Nevaeh and have offered support. But they also are angry and perplexed by the part of the community that has attacked both of them, mostly anonymously, and especially Jennifer.

She said she's heard them all: That she's been partying in bars and that she was purported to be assaulted in one of them. She's aware of the claims that she's supposedly vacationing in Florida, that's she's under house arrest and that she's pregnant. None of it, she said, is true.

"It really makes me mad," Jennifer said. "So I don't go anywhere. I don't go shopping anymore and I don't go to the grocery store. I don't listen to what other people say. They don't know me."

She said that throughout the ordeal, most people have been supportive. However, there has been an incident or two where strangers have either been rude or threatening.

"I try to stay inside," she said. "I try to stay out of the public."

"That was the last time I saw her," Jennifer said. "I didn't tell her to go outside and play. She wasn't supposed to be outside."

Then someone told her Nevaeh was outside. When Jennifer went to see, all she saw was the scooter. Nevaeh was gone. There were no screams or yells for help.

She said she immediately began searching by knocking on apartment doors and looking around the building grounds. She said she even traced their steps back toward Kmart. When those efforts failed, the police were called, which was around 8 that night. Within minutes, a deputy was on the scene. What followed was a whirlwind of investigations, searches and countless rumors.

Jennifer Buchanan holds a framed portrait of her daughter Nevaeh, while surrounded by items that were moved into her Charlotte Arms apartment from an outside memorial. &#8220;I had her whole life planned for her,&#8221; Ms. Buchanan said of her daughter.
bilde

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090619/NEWS01/306199993/-1/NEVAEH
Nothing new in the murder investigation
June 20. 2009 1:01AM
<snipped>
Police involved in the Nevaeh Buchanan murder investigation have been unusually tight-lipped and have released scant information since the 5-year-old girl's body was recovered nearly two weeks ago.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield has made it a point to be the sole provider of all official information released to the media. Even members of his department, including some who are ranked, have said they are not privy to any details of the case.

Jennifer Buchanan and her mother, Sherry Buchanan, said they do not know any details regarding who could have been involved or how Nevaeh died. They said police have released very little information about how the case is progressing. While they understand, not knowing is still frustrating.

"They're just not leaking anything out," Jennifer Buchanan said.

"But I don't want to feel like I'm standing in their way. I don't want them to make no mistakes."

Sheriff Crutchfield said police have been in contact with the family members as recently as Friday.

"The medical examiner's office has not issued a cause of death yet," the sheriff said through e-mail. "As stated earlier, there was no apparent trauma to the body. Toxicology results are still pending."

He added that lab analysis has not been completed on evidence submitted to the State Police Crime Lab and no results have been reported to investigators other than the positive DNA identification on Nevaeh.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090620/NEWS01/706209970/-1/NEVAEH

Inviting Sex Offenders Home: When Mom's Relationship Puts Children at Risk
Two Midwest Children Disappeared, Third Killed After Moms Associated With Sex Offenders
June 24, 2009
<snipped>
Losing a child to a sex offender is a mother's nightmare. But what if that mother is the one who brought the sex offender into her home?

In the cases of at least three Midwestern children reported missing this year, police have discovered that their mothers had relationships with known sex offenders.

One little boy was found safe in a motel. One little girl was found buried in a riverside grave. And the third -- 3-year-old Haylee Donathan --was found Tuesday in San Diego.

Federal authorities hunting Haylee's abductors knew who they are looking for -- her mother Candace Watson, 24, and Robbi Potter, 27, a convicted sex offender she is accused of helping escape from a post-prison halfway house in Mansfield, Ohio, May 28.

Ken Lanning, a consultant and former FBI agent who spent two decades studying the sexual victimization of children, said that, in general, the first hurdle for pedophiles on the prowl is access to children. One of the most common ways to get that, outside of abusing a family member, is to latch on to a woman with children, often in a romantic relationship.

And while mothers of the abused children run the gamut from being knowingly involved with the abuse to being completely fooled, Lanning said, most fall into the category that is hardest for police to deal with -- "mom should have known."

Lanning said that while some would consider a mother's attention to a sex offender crime enough, some women don't just turn a blind eye to abuse. They participate.

Lanning added he's heard of some women who actually consent to the predator having sex with their children, with the stipulation that the predator has sex with them first.

Those are the cases that are easy to prosecute, he said. Most of the others fall into a grey area with authorities unable to prove how much about the sex offender the mother knew and whether or not she knowingly put her children at risk.

Article:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7907111&page=1

Tips still wanted,who killed Nevaeh?
June 24, 12:17 PM
<snipped>
When most of us think of little girls we imagine ponytails, baby dolls and barrettes. One gruesome scene left in our minds and on our hearts is that of a little girl someone left along the River Raisin near Monroe, Michigan as a mother and community searched for her.

Officials still are waiting to learn what killed the girl found buried and covered in concrete in a shallow riverside grave. A preliminary autopsy showed no signs of outward trauma, authorities said.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said only that his department is looking for a &#8220;disturbed&#8221; person who murdered an innocent child.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office continues to request tips from anyone who has recently fished along Dixon Road in Raisinville Township, where two men fishing found the missing girl's body June 4.

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-3284-Detr...y2009m6d24-Tips-still-wantedwho-killed-Nevaeh
Still no answers for Nevaeh's murder
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 at 4:15 p.m.
<snipped>
Officials in Monroe County, Mich. say they have yet to make any arrests in the disappearance and murder of Nevaeh Buchanan.

The 5-year-old Monroe girl went missing May 24. Her body was found nearly two weeks later buried in cement along the River Raisin.

Investigators are still waiting on lab tests results for evidence collected at the burial site.

Article:
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=317010
Monroe authorities await lab reports for Nevaeh
Autopsy, laboratory results needed for murder investigation
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
<snipped>
An investigator with the Wayne County medical examiner's office, which is conducting the autopsy, said it sometimes can take several weeks for toxicology reports to be completed.

The wait for laboratory reports often can take months, partly because the Michigan State Police took over hundreds of Detroit's cases, after the city's crime lab was shut down last year because of errors.

Forensic investigators may be taking extra precautions investigating Nevaeh's murder because of the intense media scrutiny given to the case, said Daniel Kennedy, a criminal justice professor at the University of Detroit-Mercy.

"This is a high-profile case; nobody wants to be the one to make a mistake," Kennedy said. The lab report may indicate the presence of any DNA found on Nevaeh's body, "along with any skin under her fingernails that belonged to a perpetrator; and any hair that is not hers that may have been found," Kennedy said.

"If she was suffocated, she might have inhaled certain fibers of the material that was used," Kennedy said. "Then the forensic investigators would probably do a trace evidence analysis to see if the material could be identified. That could ... lead to a search warrant."

Police haven't released any new information about the case for weeks -- but that doesn't mean the investigation isn't progressing, Kennedy said.

"There are likely a lot of things going on behind the scenes that the police don't want out there," he said. "They certainly don't want to tip off their suspects."

Article:
http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...nroe-authorities-await-lab-reports-for-Nevaeh

Nevaeh's mom disputes rumors
She answers whispers about role in death: 'None of it's true'
Friday, June 19, 2009
<snipped>
Monroe -- Jennifer Buchanan has felt love and support from relatives and neighbors after her daughter's murder -- but she admitted Thursday she senses the suspicion and has heard whispers from those who speculate she knows more than she's telling. And, she said, it's starting to get to her.

"I realize some people think I had something to do with it," Buchanan said Thursday, referring to the slaying of her 5-year-old daughter, Nevaeh, who disappeared May 24 from her apartment complex. That set off a massive, weeks-long manhunt until the girl's body was discovered in early June by two fishermen in a shallow grave beneath a slab of concrete on the bank of the River Raisin.

"I hear the rumors," Buchanan said. "I hear what people are saying. But none of it's true."

Buchanan, 24, said she spent the day Thursday picking a headstone for her daughter, who was buried Saturday in St. Joseph Cemetery.

"I'm OK," she said. "I'm holding up, although sometimes it all gets to me."

Meanwhile, other family members are trying to get back to normal after weeks of suffering.

"My mom just went back to work (Wednesday)," said Michael Buchanan, Jennifer's brother. "It's tough to get back to work, but she said she wants to keep her mind occupied. This has been tough on all of us."

She said investigators have not contacted her recently about the case.

"They don't talk to me about it," she said. "But at this point, they can't say anything to me. They did tell me there would be a time and place when they can sit down and explain everything, but that now they can't say anything."

Buchanan said she is getting support from relatives and some neighbors.

"I'm just trying to take it one day at a time," she said.

"I really don't know what to else to say. I try not to pay attention to the rumors, but they're all over the place. I know the truth: I had nothing to do with her disappearance. It happened all of a sudden and it shocked me. I still feel like I'm in shock."

Article:
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090619/METRO/906190371

Issues 6/24/09 Nevaeh Part 1: 3:36
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6czXv2uq_A&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Issues 6/24/09 Nevaeh Part 1[/ame]

Sheriff: Nevaeh case will be solved
June 25. 2009 11:16AM
<snipped>
Three weeks ago, the body of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was found in a shallow grave along the River Raisin and investigators still have not released how she died, what type of evidence has been collected and whether they have any solid suspects.

But Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said he is confident the case will be solved.

"We&#8217;ll resolve it," he said.

Information continues to be held tight by investigators, and the FBI continues to be involved with the investigation, Sheriff Crutchfield said. He said a cause of death either is not being released or has not been determined because test results still are not completed even though the Michigan State Police crime lab has made the case a priority.

Sheriff Crutchfield said nothing has changed regarding new information being released to media.

"We&#8217;re waiting for official results from the medical examiner&#8217;s office," he said. "We don&#8217;t have a (cause of death) yet."

Some of the evidence collected had to be sent to another lab for unspecified reasons. Sheriff Crutchfield added that investigators continue to follow up on tips, which number around 1,200. Calls offering tips have slowed in recent days, he added.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090625/NEWS01/706259986

Read the comments from this article...Nevaeh's father Shane, his wife/girlfriend(?) & Shane's cousin etc have posted in it along with many other interesting comments from locals in the area!
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090625/NEWS01/706259986/-1/NEWS

Here is Shane's comment for you!
ALL RIGHT FOR ALL OF YOU THAT DONT KNOW ME IM NEVAEHS FATHER AND YES I DID HAVE A CASE WITH CSB BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ABUSE OR CHILD NEGLECT OR ENDANGERMENT.... AND MY SISTER BOUGHT MY NINTENDO DSI AND SCREW THE RED WINGS I DONT LIKE HOCKEY ANY WAYS.......... AS FOR YOU DISGUSTED LEFT DEVISTATED YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DEVISTATED I WAS FOR LOSING MY LITTLE GIRL..........AS FOR THE DRUGS YOU BETTER GO CHECK THE MOTHER BECAUSE I GET PISSED TESTED ONCE A WEEK IN TOLEDO AND PASSED EVERY ONE SO WHERE EVER YOU ARE GETTING YOUR INFORMATION GET IT RIGHT......... AS FOR CHILD SUPPORT I KNOW ITS MY RESPONIBLE TO PAY BUT WHY SHOULD I PAY WHEN I DID'NT EVEN GET TO SEE HER AND NO MY KIDS WERE NOT UNSUPERVISED I HAD FAMILY WATCHING THEM............ YA I DID CALL THE SHERIFFS OFFICE TO SEE IF I HAD A WARRENT BUT I DID NOT CARE IF I WENT TO JAIL OR NOT I WANTED TO FIND MY BABY GIRL BECAUSE IF I FOUND HER ALIVE SHE WAS COMING HOME WITH ME... SO WHERE EVER YOU PEOPLE ARE GETTING YOUR NEWS CALL ME AND ILL TELL YOU THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT JENNIFER AND ME ABOUT NEVAEH BECAUSE ALL THEY WANNA DO IS PLAY CHILD GAMES CALL ME AT 419 466 7600 THAT IS MY CELL NUMBER AND NO I DID NOT TAKE DONATION MONEY....... ONCE AGAIN ( 419 )- 466-7600 CALL ME IF PEOPLE WANNA TALK JUNK AGAIN.......... NEVAEH I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN..............................................LOVE YOUR DADDY SHANE HINOJOSA

-- Posted by shane hinojosa on Mon, Jun 29, 2009, 11:59 pm EST

Shane's wife/girlfriend:
There are a few facts that you all need to know....and Nevaeh I hope you are watching and listening to all these fools that think they know your father...Because "Little One" I have lived with your father since you were born and he cried numerous times over seeing your pretty little face and not being able to hold you or watch your first steps and speak your first words only for the fact that he was no longer in love with your mother....and the fact that I left your Uncle Mike for your father because all we did was beat on another...there were alot of hard feelings back in the day and your daddy gave up in a no-win situation...We have papers, phone records and court documentation that we fought for you from day 1 of your life and we spoke of you daily but your father would say to me all the time...she will find me for the truth one day!!!! The last time we tried to visit you your grandma invited your daddy over to visit at her house and he didn't have transportation and when the mail ran that day in Toledo , HE WAS SERVED WITH A PPO FROM THE BUCHANAN FAMILY...He never gave up LOVING YOU!!!! And for you people that think of Shane the way you do ....I have receipt after receipt that states where any monies went!!!! And *advertiser censored*** the RED WINGS(OBVIOUSLY THEY PROVED THAT THEY REALLY SHOULD BE NAMED "DEAD WINGS!!!!" )Not hockey fans by far... and for the nintendos bought and paid for on a BP credit card!!! For you that think you know about CSB, I ROXANNE invited my case worker down for a monthly visit with my boys!!!!!So as Shane says IF you got **** to talk CALL US!!!!!! LET THERE BE JUSTICE FOR THIS LITTLE GIRL and find the KILLER!!!! and for you Neveah I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BROTHER'S AND SISTER LOVE YOU ALONG WITH THE LOVE THAT YOUR DADDY WILL HAVE FOR YOU ALWAYS!!!!

-- Posted by BIG MAMA on Tue, Jun 30, 2009, 11:02 am EST

Shane's cousin:
Little Guy...(*uh, ooh kay..) wrote "It's sick parents that caused this. The father was no help either, I'll make t-shirts sell them for 5 dollars then go buy me a new nintendo ds and go to a redwings playoff game."

FOR THE RECORD: Nevaeh's father had NOTHING to do with the making or selling of the t-shirts. That was done by Nevaeh's paternal cousin's, myself included. AND ONCE AGAIN, the money went for making more shirts in an effort to get Nevaeh's face out in the community. Any monies left over from the sale of those shirts went to the memorial luncheon (which we catered) after the funeral for the VOLUNTEER SEARCHERS and our family. We kept meticulous records including reciepts w/ names and phone numbers. Your accusations are unfounded and if you care to challenge me with these facts, please feel free. However, be prepared to look like a fool...again.

ALSO, I suspect that since you know a few details regarding Nevaeh's fathers family, such as the fact that Shane's sister's fiance bought him a game, that you are someone who was frequently at the club house. And if you are who I think you are, I know why you are trying to discredit Shane and his family and YOU know you are full of BS. And you also know that Shane never went to a Red Wings game...IT WAS NOT SHANE WHO LEFT NEVAEH ALONE IN A PARKING LOT AND IT WAS NOT SHANE WHO SUBJECTED HER TO SO'S...and hey, thanks for mugging for the camera's everytime one was around, your a stand up guy.

And to "disguted"....I know who called CPS on Shane while he was staying at CA. What your puposely slanted comment neglected to say was that CPS was there ONCE and that the visit did not generate any further follow up because it was UNFOUNDED. There is NOT an open case. And BTW, how many times did Jen say she was going to bring Nevaeh to see Shane and never showed up? Just because her (ahem) family is getting put through the ringer you think it will help by slinging at Shane? It won't. Let's see...who is the drug addict? Hmmm...who did time in jail for Home Invasion in the 1st Degree? Oh, and BTW, just where was Nevaeh at the time this happened? Also, there is another little girl who's daddy doesn't have a relationship with her dad...who also doesn't pay his child support....WHATS HIS EXCUSE? Oh there is SO MUCH MORE I could say here but I won't. I suggest that if you don't want the mud thrown back in your face that you stop now before you embarrass yourselve's any further.

One more thing....'Daddy Shane" no matter which way you slice it, is better than 'Daddy George" ...Shane's discretion was being a young (17) father and not having the support and advice he needed to stay a part of Nevaeh's life. When his son had brain surgery, he was there night and day with him, he has stayed with his fiancee and family through some very hard times. He has NEVER robbed someone, broke into someones home, chose drugs over his kids, or sexually assaulted anyone, nor has he allowed his children to be exosed to a sexual predator. So you tell me people, who is it? DADDY GEORGE????? OR DADDY SHANE????? FREAKIN' WOW.

-- Posted by Shane's Cousin from GC on Mon, Jun 29, 2009, 11:42 pm EST

UMMM, well. Nice family little Neveah was raised in huh.

Bless her heart poor baby.

'Monroe's Baby'
Nevaeh's fate haunts residents
Visits to grave wane, but not sense of loss
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
<snipped>
Monroe -- The flowers adorning the humble grave are starting to wilt. The notes bearing heartfelt messages have become weathered, and the colorful army of stuffed zebras, monkeys and horses at the site are showing signs of wear.

But that doesn't mean Nevaeh Buchanan has been forgotten. The slaying of the 5-year-old girl still haunts family members, residents and visitors to the Monroe area.

"She was everything to me," said her mother, Jennifer Buchanan. "She was a tomboy; she liked cars, trucks, motorcycles and camping and fishing. She never liked to sit at home; she always wanted to be doing something."

However, Nevaeh's short life also was marred by conflict. Even before she was born on Feb. 3, 2004, she was at the center of a nasty custody battle between her drug-addicted mother and a father who ran off with her uncle's girlfriend, family members said.

Shane Hinojosa, Nevaeh's father, said he was estranged from his daughter even before her birth, with the Buchanans holding a grudge against him for running away to Toledo with the girlfriend of Mike Buchanan, Jennifer's brother.

"I gave up. I was tired of fighting, though I wanted to be part of her life," Hinojosa said of the custody battle.

Nevaeh called Kennedy "step-daddy George." Jennifer Buchanan said Kennedy provided her daughter with toys, including pocket motorcycles that she'd roll on the dining room table, and clothing for schools and holidays. Buchanan insists that Kennedy was never left alone with Nevaeh.

"He was there more for her than her actual father," Jennifer Buchanan said.

When Nevaeh was two years old, her mother was sent to prison for home invasions she said she committed to support her drug habit. While her mom was incarcerated, Nevaeh went to live with her grandmother until eight days before her fifth birthday, when Jennifer Buchanan was released.

Now, there is no headstone at her grave; only a temporary plastic placard marks the site. A gravestone is expected to be delivered in a few weeks, Jennifer Buchanan said.

Tributes adorn the grave of Nevaeh Buchanan. "Not a day goes by that I don't think of that little girl," said Kelly Muncie, a local waitress.
bilde

Article:
http://www.detnews.com/article/20090701/METRO/907010352/Nevaeh-s-fate-haunts-residents

Search Continues for Nevaeh's Killer
Updated: Friday, 03 Jul 2009, 7:52 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 03 Jul 2009, 7:52 PM EDT
<snipped>
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department and the FBI are looking at 400 sex offenders in Monroe County. It's been nearly six weeks since Neveah Buchanan was first reported missing. Family members are still waiting for closure.

Neveah Buchanan's cousin is talking about the trauma left behind since her death. He and other family members are waiting on official autopsy results and the killer to be found.

The first autopsy is set to be completed. Now, a second one is set to be used to confirm the exact cause of death. The FBI tells FOX 2 the results may not be released to the public immediately, fearing it could change someone's story.

With little, new information, the FBI has the following tip. "Don't engage in rumors. Don't spread rumors," said Robert Beckman. "If there's somebody that tells you something that you think... may be related to a fact, call the FBI and we'll follow up on it."

Beckman says the 400 registered sex offenders in Monroe County are being interviewed and their stories checked multiple times. The sex offenders are said to be cooperative.

Whatever DNA is found from Nevaeh's body will be compared to samples taken from those sex offenders. Investigators are even taking fiber from people's carpets in the Charlotte Arms Apartments. They're calling for more tips and patience, saying it could be weeks longer for autopsy results to become available.

VIDEO INCLUDED IN ARTICLE!

Article:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/090703_nevaeh_search

Nevaeh Buchanan memorial fundraiser
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 | 9:04 AM
<snipped>
Olga's Kitchen offers benefit for slain child
Today, at area Olga's Kitchens, you can benefit a memorial fund for Nevaeh Buchanan, who was killed last month near Monroe, MI.

Four stores are offering to donate 15% of your bill to the fund if you present a flyer found on a Facebook page.

Three restaurants are located in Michigan and one at Toledo's Westfield Franklin Park. All are open until 9 p.m.

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6904446
Olga's Hosts Nevaeh Memorial Fund
Updated: Wednesday, 08 Jul 2009, 2:41 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 08 Jul 2009, 7:04 AM EDT
<snipped>
Several Olga's Kitchen locations in metro Detroit are taking part in a memorial fund set up in honor of Nevaeh Buchanan.

The 5-year old Monroe County girl was abducted from her home in late May. Her body was found near the River Raisin about two weeks later. Nevaeh's killer has yet to be identified.

Article:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/morning_by_day/wednesday/Olgas_Hosts_Nevaeh_Memorial_F

The search for Nevaeh's killer continues
Friday, June 26, 2009
<snipped>
More than one month after she went missing and three weeks since the discovery of her body many questions remain about the death of Nevaeh Buchannan. We are still waiting for autopsy results, still waiting to hear the cause of death and waiting for investigators to name a suspect. The same goes for Nevaeh's family.
More than one month has gone by since relatives last saw Nevaeh Buchannan alive.

VIDEO: Police Still Search For Neveah's Killer
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=6885514

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6885492

Nevaeh's Death Investigation Still On
Monroe Community Continues To Hold Fundraisers In Slain Girl's Honor
POSTED: Wednesday, July 8, 2009
UPDATED: 7:21 pm EDT July 8, 2009
<snipped>
It's been weeks since the Monroe County Sheriff's Department has released any new information regarding the killing of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

Investigators working the case have been quiet, and told Local 4 Wednesday that there are still no arrests in the case and the girl's cause of death is yet to be determined. But investigators said the case is still very active, with new leads being followed up on and new interviews being conducted.

Family, friends and community members gathered Wednesday for a fundraiser in Buchanan's honor at various Olga's Kitchen restaurant locations.

VIDEO: Investigation Into Monroe Girl's Death Ongoing
http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19995923/index.html

Article:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19995232/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors