WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here I go. i am sorry in advace if anyone takes what i say the wrong way. i continue to try and be completly unbiased on this board. I have never thought of JV as a suspect however its very interesting out of all the key figures in this case he is opening up and talking with fellow wser. This is very brave of you melissa. imo the only people who speak of an investigation are the people who dont have any important knowledge in the investigation. It could also mean that le never told him that he couldnt discuss this investigation. Now this could also mean they want him to talk. Because trust me LE wants people talking thats how they work. All speculation here. And I am not trying to upset anybody with this post.

Thanks to Moonsabove's posting of the actual flyer, the fact that Mackenzie left the Academy for what was supposed to be a short 15 minute break can now be added to the timeline.

I think it would be good to also add that this flyer was not distributed until a couple weeks (IIRC) after Mackenzie went missing. IIRC, it was the latter part of February, but I will do some checking to be certain.

Ok, not to mess up any time lines, but...

Chelan County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jerry Moore, when asked when MC went missing, stated: "Tuesday, February 9th at 3:15 was the last time we heard from MacKenzie"

This is from a verbal interview at golakechelan on the day MC's body was found, Feb. 13th.

The word "heard" seems to be emphasized by the spokesman, which makes sense because the WW article from earlier that day said LE was gonna "pore over more than 1,000 pages of phone records." According to our cell phone experts, IIRC, these initial records would have been the billing records showing numbers and texts sent or received and the time they were placed or received.

Therefore, with the information fresh in the spokesman's mind, I think we have been told the time of MC's last voice phone call, 3:15 on Feb. 9th, (although not whether MC placed or received it)

A 3:15 phone call doesn't match up with anything on our time-line... yet. But -- SPECULATION -- it would be about the right time for her to place a call -- leaving school at 3:01 and driving for ten or so minutes, then placing a call to someone. More speculation: maybe the phone call was her saying, "I'm outta school and waiting for you. How long till you get here?" --OR-- "I'm outta school. Where do you wanna meet?" This might account for what MC was doing until the last reported text message of "hey" at 3:40 from boat launch. It was 20 or so minutes partially spent driving to and then waiting at the boat launch area for the person she had called at 3:15. <--SPECULATION of course.

Still, maybe she received this 3:15 call from someone else, although I don't think likely. Person calling would not have wanted to bug her while she was still at school and it sounds like, according to her bf, (via Melissa), MC's schedule wasn't firm for that day -- not even sure she was gonna go to school at all -- so how would this other person know in advance that she would be done by 3:15? Just sounds more like a case of, "I'll call you when I'm free" kind of situation, IMO.

More pondering... sigh...

Thank goodness I didn't lose this post that I tried to submit on the last thread. That would've made me :mad: !!

I'm jumping in here and hope I'm not interrupting any great ongoing convos. Forget that... new thread. :)

I haven't been following much today, but something I read (and posted) yesterday has really gotten my curiosity piqued. I know there are some great minds amongst us and I'm hoping one of you can answer this for me.

Paragraph snipped from article at GLC.com:

Since the discovery of the body on Saturday afternoon, the lead role in the investigation moved from the Chelan County Sheriff's Office to Douglas County Sheriff's Office although the efforts of many agencies of law enforcement continues as the story began with an abandoned vehicle in Pitcher Canyon in Chelan County, and a nearly instant decision by Chelan County Sheriff Mike Harum to organize a high power task force to orchestrate an all out search and investigation in the circumstances of MacKenzie Cowell's disappearance.

Can anyone tell me *why* you think the sheriff made such an instantaneous decision to form this "high power task force"? What was it about an "abandoned vehicle" and "a missing teen", that caused the sheriff to make such a decision, almost instantly?

Am I missing something? :waitasec:

Locals ... is this normal procedure for the Chelan County Sheriff?

Hi Liz,

My opinions follow:

The fact MC was 17 yrs old, had not been heard from for at least 4 hours, that her car was found seemingly abandoned on PCR with her purse left in plain sight, clothing, the wiper(s) arm(s) stopped in odd position, a cracked windshield ....

(note that LE at the time was not aware the damaged conditions of the windshield and wipers occurred previous to MC's disappearance)

.... if I were LE arriving to and upon immediate observation of what was left in the vehicle and the condition of the vehicle (where a possible struggle might have caused that peripehral damage to the vehicle) I, too, would call for an immediate all-out search for MC.

MACKENZIE COWELL TIMELINE​

Confirmed Info Only - No Rumors

/// snippage ///

MARCH 9 TIMELINE ACCORDING TO JV (via MelissaW):

2:45 PM - JV was at work at Target when he heard from MC the final time... he received a text message from her: "hey".
4:15 PM: - JV waited until he got off work to text Mackenzie back: "hey wassup". His message was ejected/was not received. Unknown if Mackenzie was out of area or exactly why message did not go through to her. JV called her numerous times, but his calls went to her voicemail, leading her to believe that her phone had been turned off.

This timeline is a work in progress. If you have information to add to it or corrections to note, please PM me with the addition/correction and source link. I don't use Examiner as a source, because, quite frankly, our work is more investigative than the Examiner, and based on the same sources. Corrections may not appear until the next posting of the timeline, which I always try to insert on page 1 of any new thread about Mackenzie. Thanks for the teamwork in making this timeline a primary guide to the MC case!

hi puf,

I believe that should read FEBRUARY 9 ....

Hey, guys... I'm still swamped. I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've been ebaying, Eastering, and tending to pups, which now have their eyes open and are growling and barking... need to put up new pics... I haven't had time to go through my inbox, but will do so Monday. Tomorrow will be another busy day... gah!

So here's my request. Will everyone look at the timeline and if you see something that needs to be edited/added, then please post in green in this thread so that I can catch it easily and edit.

Thanks for your help... and I hope every single one of you, my WS friends all, has a wonderful Easter.

hi, puf,

Below is my mini-timeline ... perhaps you could incorporate it as rumor or speculation:

Timeline:
  • morning of 02/09/2010 - unknown - where was / what did MC do?
  • 11:30 am - MC visits the Target with intent to meet JV. MC hangs a bit perusing CDs then decides to leave because JV is still attending to a customer(s).
  • unknown - assumption is MC goes to the Academy of Hair Design.
  • 2:45 pm - JV receives / exchanges text from / with MC. This is before MC leaves the Academy of Hair Design or at least she is still in the immediate vicinity of / in the building.
  • 3:01 pm - video shows MC walking to her car in the parking lot.
  • 3:40 pm - LE reports MC's phone (and probably MC) is 'located' at the boat ramp. This is sketchy and *too accurate* a placement if based on phone signaling only. Maybe Gold's Gym? Can JV confirm? JV indicates MC did not frequent the boat ramp area.
  • 4:00 pm - MC and a 'passenger' are witnessed at the car wash. Possibly on video. Attendant assists MC with inserting money. JV indicates MC was not a regular visitor to a car wash - or at least was not adamant about washing her car so who knows if she did or did not actually visit the car wash for whatever other reason?
  • 4:15 pm - JV sends a text to MC but it is not received by MC's phone. The phone either is powered off or is outside of cell coverage areas, such as along the route to CB?
  • 5:42 pm - LE reports a last 'ping' of MC's phone. This leads me to conclude the phone was not powered off earlier but was outside of coverage area. I do not expect a perp to power on the phone after having powered it off. LE does not reveal the ping location. Why not? I believe LE can not pinpoint an area and do not want this public.
  • Present Day - LE and Websleuthers pull hair out sleuthing this case. Wig and Toupee manufacturers follow closely behind picking up remnants.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! I'm sure Mackenzie is looking down on us now and is happy that she is not forgotten on this day. <3

hi, puf,

Below is my mini-timeline ... perhaps you could incorporate it as rumor or speculation:

Timeline:
  • morning of 02/09/2010 - unknown - where was / what did MC do?
  • 11:30 am - MC visits the Target with intent to meet JV. MC hangs a bit perusing CDs then decides to leave because JV is still attending to a customer(s).
  • unknown - assumption is MC goes to the Academy of Hair Design.
  • 2:45 pm - JV receives / exchanges text from / with MC. This is before MC leaves the Academy of Hair Design or at least she is still in the immediate vicinity of / in the building.
  • 3:01 pm - video shows MC walking to her car in the parking lot.
  • 3:40 pm - LE reports MC's phone (and probably MC) is 'located' at the boat ramp. This is sketchy and *too accurate* a placement if based on phone signaling only. Maybe Gold's Gym? Can JV confirm? JV indicates MC did not frequent the boat ramp area.
  • 4:00 pm - MC and a 'passenger' are witnessed at the car wash. Possibly on video. Attendant assists MC with inserting money. JV indicates MC was not a regular visitor to a car wash - or at least was not adamant about washing her car so who knows if she did or did not actually visit the car wash for whatever other reason?
  • 4:15 pm - JV sends a text to MC but it is not received by MC's phone. The phone either is powered off or is outside of cell coverage areas, such as along the route to CB?
  • 5:42 pm - LE reports a last 'ping' of MC's phone. This leads me to conclude the phone was not powered off earlier but was outside of coverage area. I do not expect a perp to power on the phone after having powered it off. LE does not reveal the ping location. Why not? I believe LE can not pinpoint an area and do not want this public.
  • Present Day - LE and Websleuthers pull hair out sleuthing this case. Wig and Toupee manufacturers follow closely behind picking up remnants.

Wow, totally out of sync for a normal "day in the life" of MC...how bizarre. This in itself might explain LE willingness to jump in so aggressively. Family called to PC to recover MC's car. They must have known right at that moment something serious was wrong. How sad, I feel the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach just thinking about this.

Thanks MellissaW and JV for sharing this and ChuckMaureen for consolidating this.

Verizon coverage map. Type in Wenatchee.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController

ETA: Chuck, I believe I also read that JV said that MC would never go to PC or CB. Also, JV made statements about family and JV going to PC to ID MC's car and were there until something like 12:45 am. Could you add these as well?

Since we have been discussing timelines in most of this thread. Among the many facts that have not been disclosed to the public is TOD (time of death). I believe we have always assumed that it was shortly after MC's disappearance. Am I correct?

Hey Puf, we missed you! Please edit the part next to JV's name that says they broke up recently since you specifically say confirmed info, no rumors. The Tacoma guy was a pretty loose rumor and I heard first-hand from JV that they broke up & got back together 8 months ago, not recently.

Also, if you could please somehow add the communication timeline I posted about JV & MC on the day she went missing, that would be very helpful. There has been a lot of questions and confusion about who texted who and when. Maybe you could italicize it and put it right under what you have already? Then people could access it easily.

Thanks and Happy Easter to you as well!

Hm. Im a frequent follower on the Astrology board and since you talked to JV - do you think he would know her approx. birth TIME?

Wow, totally out of sync for a normal "day in the life" of MC...how bizarre. This in itself might explain LE willingness to jump in so aggressively. Family called to PC to recover MC's car. They must have known right at that moment something serious was wrong. How sad, I feel the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach just thinking about this.

Thanks MellissaW and JV for sharing this and ChuckMaureen for consolidating this.

Verizon coverage map. Type in Wenatchee.
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController

LMAO regarding the pulling out of our hair and the wig and toupee shops picking up the remnants!

I am still trying to get caught up on the last thread, but wanted to post a few observation on the car photo. To me, it looks like the passenger seat is as far back as it will go, which is not normal. Unless a 7' person was in that seat. Normal position would be for it to be somewhat in line with the door frame. Also, there is a higher concentration of dirt/grime in front of the rear tire, which indicates to me that the car was going in reverse fast enough for the the rear tire to spit dirt up and have it collect there. Also, check out the bottom rail below the passenger door. The dirt has been wipe off, as if something rubbed it getting in or out of the car, like a long, heavy coat...............or a leg, etc. Is it possible that the passenger seat was slid all the way back to accomodate MC's unconscious body? I say unconscious rather than deceased, as there would be a lot of blood evidence in the car if she had been deceased at that point. speculation

Another quick observation. I have noticed that CC's car and JV's car are extremely similar, if not the same make and model complete with a spoiler. The only difference is that one is black and one is a darker gray color. I'm wondering if it was CC's car that was rumored to be at Shari's and LE just thought it was JV's? I mean, it's a rumor anyway........but........

Georockgirl...............It is apparent that CC and WC seem to have an extremely close relationship. It's obvious that he cares for his mother deeply.

Georockgirl...............It is apparent that CC and WC seem to have an extremely close relationship. It's obvious that he cares for his mother deeply.

I think she means the other 'CC'? Unless I missed something!

No, I think she means the one who is much closer to mama is all photo's.

K! I thought this was re: the man sitting behind WC who was distraught..Someone said it was 'CC'..The other one..Nevermind :)

K! I thought this was re: the man sitting behind WC who was distraught..Someone said it was 'CC'..The other one..Nevermind :)

The only person that I ever talked about was WC son, MC's brother CC in the first row. That is it. That was only an observation and nothing else.

The only person that I ever talked about was WC son, MC's brother CC in the first row. That is it. That was only an observation and nothing else.

Not you, sorry IF I implied that, but another poster told us to look at the person sitting "8 rows down behind WC" who was very distraught..They said it was "CC"..The one we know is not her son but a friend of JF.

can someone please help me with "searching" here n WS?

I want to be able to study all the posts that have to do with LE and thier statements regarding cell phones.

How do I do this? TYIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member