FL - Sarah Lunde, 13, murdered, Ruskin, 9 April 2005

It still absolutely floors me that we have Martha Stewart up there in her house with a damn ankle bracelet on......and all these freakin' sexual predators running around and we have no idea where they are or where they will be next.
Great post!

I agree with you completely!

The justice system needs to be more focused on crime prevention and protecting the public from predators than on "punishing" those who violate any little law. Give me a break... Martha Stewart can't take a step outside her house to go to a friggin society ball without someone knowing about it, while child and sexual predators are free to roam. Makes no sense to me....

richandfamous said:
Did anyone notice that the water level in one of the fish ponds was down?
Wonder why.
I know that it was mentioned that they were going to drain the pond today where her body was found in order to look for clues. Maybe that's the one?

richandfamous said:
The gov keeps better track of library books than preditors.
You've got that right. Actually it might be good to have them monitored by no-nonsense librarians rather than over-worked, under-staffed, or just plain worn down parole/probation staff.

However, if there is enough concern to register these creeps and supposedly be keeping track of them, shouldn't that be a clue that these "people" don't belong in our society at all?

I'll be honest, I don't want them around. I can't imagine that anyone with kids would either.

JMHO

Smidgeon

Jessica Lundsford, Jetseta Gage and now Sarah Lunde- all murdered by sexual misfits who should've been in prison, not preying on children. What is it going to take to make lawmakers pay attention to these criminals and lock them up where they can't hurt anyone again?

I agree with you, Smidgeon, I don't want them around my children in any way, shape or form.

richandfamous said:
JerseyGirl, thanks for all the links!!!
You're very welcome, richandfamous. I wish we didn't have so many of these stories to discuss. You're absolutely right ... this wasn't a case of slipping through the cracks. This is unbelievably tragic. :(

richandfamous said:
Because he isn't telling the whole story...he is trying to act like it wasn't premeditated and he was "invited" in. He is not saying that the reason they "argued" is because he was trying to rape her. He already has justified what he has done...they all do!
I think you're 100% right. He wants to make it look like a crime of passion, not first-degree murder.

CaliKid said:
Jessica Lundsford, Jetseta Gage and now Sarah Lunde- all murdered by sexual misfits who should've been in prison, not preying on children. What is it going to take to make lawmakers pay attention to these criminals and lock them up where they can't hurt anyone again?
Let me preface this by saying that there is no reason that this should be happening to our children. There is absolutely nothing good that can come out of such tragedies. But maybe the fact that these 3 crimes happened so close together in time will help legislators to understand how truly serious this problem is, and how imperative it is that we begin to look for new solutions.

JerseyGirl said:
Let me preface this by saying that there is no reason that this should be happening to our children. There is absolutely nothing good that can come out of such tragedies. But maybe the fact that these 3 crimes happened so close together in time will help legislators to understand how truly serious this problem is, and how imperative it is that we begin to look for new solutions.

That is our hope.

Man Confesses To Killing Girl: From The Tampa Tribune

Sunday afternoon, Gee said the killer "went to great effort'' to put Sarah's body in the fish pond. He wouldn't say whether her body had been weighed down...

Kim Dodgen lives next door to the pond. She said her 9- year-old nephew, Brandon Peterson, first noticed something amiss Thursday night - more than 24 hours before the body was discovered...

After Dodgen returned from work Friday night, she said, she brought a deputy stationed nearby a tuna sandwich, a glass of tea and a piece of chocolate cake. She told the deputy about the smell coming from the pond, and the body was discovered hours later.

Tampa Bay's 10 News

Sheriff Gee says Onstott admits he was at the house looking for Kelly May last week. Kelly May was not home, and Sarah answered the door.

Sheriff David Gee:
“After entering the residence, the victim and the defendant became involved in a verbal confrontation. During the confrontation, the defendant put the victim in a chokehold, causing the victim to become unconscious, and eventually causing her death.”

CNN.com - Sheriff: Sex offender confesses in killing - Apr 17, 2005

Onstott told police that between midnight and 5 a.m. April 10, he went to the family's house ...

The girl, who was alone in the house, invited him inside and became involved in a verbal confrontation with Onstott, which led him to put her in a choke hold ...

In addition to the charge of first-degree murder, "other charges are being reviewed at this time," Gee said.

Asked what made the man confess, the sheriff said, "I don't know..."

Someone had tried to weigh down the body so it would be hidden underwater, law enforcement sources said.

"It was clear from investigators who were at the scene that whoever put her there went to great effort to conceal her body," Gee said. "And right now, we are asking the public if they would assist us in any articles of clothing that you would see in this area..."

Hugs, Tears Fill Sarah's Church - from TBO.com

"She loved getting to know people,'' said 13-year-old Leslie, taking off her glasses to wipe away tears. "She loved making friends.''

Leslie's tears were replaced with a smile and a laugh as she remembered the first time she met Sarah.

"We met at the mailbox at the end of my driveway,'' Leslie said. "We became friends right away...''

Friends shared memories of the teenager with an inviting smile, who loved to sing, play volleyball and have sleepovers...

Sarah's mother, Kelly May, her 17-year-old brother, Andrew Lunde, and an uncle did not attend the memorial service but came to the church later to meet the crowd...

I just watched the video of the Andrew Lunde interview and something I picked up...Andrew Lunde knew about Onstott's past so I'm reasonably sure the rest of the family did also.

If Onstott had not registered as sex offender, why couldn't they have arrested him sooner? How hard is it to check and make sure the sex offenders have registered?

Yes, she was neglected also. Mother out of town - brother going out "to get something to eat" between 12:00a.m. and 4:00a.m. Yeah. She had never been told not to open the door at night when alone?

Odd that the mother and brother didn't attend the memorial service, but came at the end. Really nice of Mark Lunsford to help search.

It's ridiculous that these scum are running loose with multiple offenses - assault, non-registration, drunk driving, obviously mentally ill - and Martha Stewart can't leave her home. What kind of point are we trying to make here?

Marthatex said:
She had never been told not to open the door at night when alone?
I've seen it reported a couple of times that Onstott "broke into" the home but more reports state that Sarah let him in.

FOX news today showed Onstott in court. A reporter said that Onstott's claiming that when he went in, there was a "screaming match" that led to him choking her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back