2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how accurate this is but yesterday Kathi Belich and Bill Shaeffer were talking and Kathi said she remembered the probation on the felonies but said that the probation was not supposed to start until such time as she was released from jail. She said it was discussed in court when the sentence was imposed or something like that and that she was going to go look it up.

IMO

I've been wondering how Kathi is doing with all of this. She did not appear on camera with Bill S. the day the verdict for read for the trial summary.

And again, Bob Kealing has confirmed ICA is still at the courthouse today.

I will READ anything from Yuri Melich, Jeff Ashton, and Linda Drane Burdick. I will not follow them onto the networks... other than HLN, no one else is getting my attention. The papers I followed and the locals that I used, I'll still use, but not to see any DT or juror.

Even if some people do believe the DT team theory that KC was trying to cover up an accident would those same people want to see a movie where a child's body is placed in trash bags with duct tape placed over her little mouth, and her favorite blankie placed there also "thrown" in a swamp while her mother "parties and lies" for 31 days? Not anyone I know.
I am sure there are those, like the people who wrote KC in jail, telling her she should be a star and how beautiful she is might, but, that would be very few. IMHO

I am saddened by reading posts wishing someone would use "vigilante justice" but I can also understand the emotions because it is still fact a little girl's body literally rotted away in a swamp all that time and if that fact doesn't bother you, well, you might want to check your sensitivity levels.

I have to remember that people in this forum have the same rights that protect the jury in giving their verdict as they saw fit. Even though I may not agree in the manner in which they choose to express their opinion, they have a personal right to express their opinions in whatever way they choose.

I don't know anyone that would buy a book ICA wrote .None of my friends or family ..who would the market be ?

That's what I don't get, either. Who would buy it? Even if she claimed to confess all and give all the details, who would even believe her? Every time she opens her mouth a lie falls out. I guess some people might buy it, but I don't know who.

Maybe it is just me, but that video where than man is singing "You'll be a woman soon" or whatever to Caylee is creepy....who is that man? Caylee seems to be trying to get away from him at one point...

THen if I were Amy, I would be quite ticked off that she never had to pay for what she did.

Did her sentence on the check charges include restitution? If so, she has a certain amount of time after release to pay it back.

A lot of people are very emotional (I was, but am no longer) about this and saying things they don't necessarily mean. While I agree with the mods that the bashing has to stop, I think it's also a good idea to not take anything too personally. Just let it roll over you the way water rolls down a duck's back. Yes, it's understandable to not be over this yet, and to have strong feelings and emotions. I totally get that. But people reacting in anger often do it from a place of pain.

In the martial art style I study, we learn to not push back against our opponent necessarily, but to let their attack go past us, sort of the way wind will bend a reed but not break it. I'm not trying to get all Zen, but having compassion for each other and understanding that all of our emotions are raw and that it's ok and that it's ok for someone with opposite opinions to also have raw emotions is a good thing.

I'd love to hug anyone who is hurting by this. No matter what their feelings are about this case. Even jury members who wish they had more to convict her on but couldn't.

Things will be ok. I promise.

I need to go on with my life and remove this witch from my brain. The Anthony's are happy. Casey is happy. Jose is happy.

It is a nightmare that all of these people are so happy and yet the last 3 years produced nothing, no answers, no justice. Caylee would have been better off not ever being born. She never new who her daddy was and her mother didn't care that she was dead, her grandparents don't care that their daughter killed her.

Why should I care about these people? This immense pain I feel is in vain. Nothing I can do will make this right. The icing on the cake would be seeing George forgive her, that would just be the top of this nightmare. I can see it coming too. I don't want to see her face or hear Jose Baez give shout outs to his mother and latinos everywhere in spanish as if he just one a boxing match. Cheney Mason is an evil person who loves to win and give his finger to people who actually care.

If she is released I don't want to know about her.

Oh well.

Thank you for this. I totally agree. To honor our dear Caylee I have decided to step away from all this.

Tonight is the premiere of a silly summer show called "Big Brother". I have watched it for the last 12 years every summer and its pretty consuming. I invite all of you who need a light hearted endeavor to take our minds off of this to join in. It is on CBS 3 nights per week, it is on Showtime every night live from midnight to 3 am and you can purchase a subscription to watch it live online 24 hours a day until it is over. Plus there are websites that recap it and discuss it and it's just a fun thing to do to take your mind off your problems and escape. I hope I see some of you dear people joining in!

I need to take a break from all of this. You guys are all really lovely on here. I have enjoyed all your discussions in this forum over the last 3 years. I will find a new case on here to follow I am sure, there are already several I check up on weekly. I just don't think I can take hearing anymore about this case. It is over and now I need to go wash off the filth and hug my kids and furbaby. Kisses and Hugs everybody!! I wish you all the best. Goodbye for now!! :seeya:

dear mods, i do so apologize for the OT posting, if you need to remove, feel free, I just thought it might be an idea for those of us that need something to take our minds off of things and relax for awhile. Thank you for all your hard work, i know the last 3 days have been really tough for you guys! and btw, I DO NOT work for CBS, lol!!

It's not her car, it legally belongs to CA/GA....I can't imagine they'd want it... I wouldn't if I were them....I'd have it towed directly to some junkyard to be squished...

They'll want it back if they can make money on it....eBay anyone???

:goodpost:

I still feel hurt and nobody has a right to tell me when to stop hurting, this is the place where I come to for relief.

We all hurt for Caylee. That will never change. It does help to think about the fact that everyone's life has a plan, a fate of some kind that can't be changed. KC is not liked at all by the public. Most people will always feel she got away with murder. Her life, as she knew it before Caylee's death, is over. No friends, no car, no driver's license, nowhere to go and no one to go with except CA. The very person she was trying to get away from. KC will listen to whispers (about her which she will not like) behind her back. I often wonder if CA has cleaned out Caylee's room or if it is just as it way. Winnie the Pooh and all. Living at home will never be the same. She has destroyed her family and they are the only ones who will take her back. Imagine now, if you can, having to live with CA. It will not be pretty.

Tweets also saying ICA had two visitors at the jail the night the verdict was read. DS and Michelle whatshername.

Court Clerk just left the courtroom carrying a sheaf of papers.....

Maybe it is just me, but that video where than man is singing "You'll be a woman soon" or whatever to Caylee is creepy....who is that man? Caylee seems to be trying to get away from him at one point...

I thought so too.. Caylee kept walking away and the kept picking her up and bringing her back to that guy singing..kind of an inappropriate song for a 2 year old! She seemed like she wanted to get away.

What's the betting she will slip out of jail today?

That's what really bothers me. They didn't care how the child was bagged and tossed. Did they truly think it was an accident? An accident and Casey spent three years on jail keeping her mouth shut? They left their common sense at home.

Hmmmm, that would mean that they actually HAD ANY common sense to leave at home.

I swanny, the more I hear from and about these jurors, they remind me of the person they acquitted. IMO

to play ICA would bombard said star with expressions of their horror. Really, who wants to play a pathologically lying baby killer-doesn't sound like a good career move to me.

Ha! I understand. :)

But here's the problem. Kristen Stewart, of "Twilight" movies might star as ICA!!!!:maddening:

Tweets also saying ICA had two visitors at the jail the night the verdict was read. DS and Michelle whatshername.

Court Clerk just left the courtroom carrying a sheaf of papers.....

what feed are you watching?

Here's what I think is going on. They socked it to her at sentencing today...she is returning to jail until the end of august when they will decide how much time is remaining after all she served and time for good behaviour etc.....here;s the zinger...the judge blew her off purposely in my opinion until the end of august so she will stay there until the other cases pending against her are heard, the prosecution aided in that as well, also, he fined her 4000$ and told her she can appeal his decision. He asked her if she can afford the appeal (knowing she can't) and also if she has the funds to pay the 4 grand. She said no, he said file bankruptcy. Bankruptcy means that you can only make a small income of money during the time you are under bankruptcy and the rest the gov't takes. So basically, whatever money she makes that's left, she will have to pay her other cases. They are basically going to financially drowned her and any future money she makes....the gov't put a lien on her money as well becuase she owes the irs. I think the prosecution and the judge will find a way to make her pay for this in some way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021