The case for murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Psychic two cents worth...

When I read the energy of DS's sister I get that she was genuinely concerned for Rebecca and her reason for coming by that night was because she understood how ostracised and upset Rebecca might be. I think she witnessed both DS & JS anger towards RZ and was able to step back emotionally. I also pick up energy that she suspects JS. She doesn't like him and knows how he treated her own sister. In fact it is too bad DS's sister did not get to visit with RZ. Her presence even if she left immediately when JS possibly arrived could have altered the course of that evening.

I sense that JS has a very smooth mask on the surface and he has become adept at being in control of people and situations. (not unlike his actual physical appeaerance) Underneath he has a great deal of rage. This is a very angry man. I sense he has no remourse for killing RZ and feels completely justified. He completely blames her for the death of his son and he doesn't care if LE thinks it was an accident. As far as he is concerned RZ FAILED. He continues his hate for her and always will. As far as he is concerned she has nearly ruined his life. This is a man that rarely takes responsibility for his actions... he always has someone to blame. He feels vastly superior to his fellow man. He is quite pleased with the bungling of LE as this suits him just fine.

Anne Bremner is a huge thorn in his side. It will take years but Anne Bremner will take him down eventually. She is relentless and this is not just about money for her. While funds are needed to fuel a new investigation.... she wants justice. Privately she believes JS killed RZ and she won't stop until she proves it. Mark my words she will bring him down. I believe DS and her sister will eventually come forward with what they know. DS is a very spiteful woman. The brother will become increasingly mentally ill... when I read his energy he is just sick inside over this. Unfortuntealy I think he will snap mentally and be of little use to the case.

There are many people who have little clues and they are not quite aware of it yet. These things will eventually come to the surface and begin to nag and nag them. The ones with the least dependency on JS will come forward privately... even anonymously to Anne.

It is very possible that because of the brother's mental illness that JS will not be held criminally responsible. However a civil lawsuit for wongfull death will end up being settled privately but that will be years away.

JS will manage to hold onto his company but it will not be nearly as successful and he will be a man scorned. He will die of cancer in his 60's. Once JS dies AS will finally tell the truth but his mental state will cast doubt on the story.

The house will remain haunted and will never be lived in as a private residence again. The child Max has moved on... but RZ will haunt that house.... the scenes energy will be replayed over and over again in that room. When I reach out to her energy... she simply can not comprehend what happened to her and who did it. The result of the civil trial will somewhat calm her spirit but because she never gets true justice.. as I said her energy will haunt that mansion. Men in particular will suffer there... and men don't speak up about these things. In fact... there is a law enforcement officer that has already had an experience there.

There is also another ghost in the guest house...that I pick up on.. no one likes that guest house. I am getting that someone drowned.... it is not the drowned person's energy that haunts the guest house... it is someone that loved the drowned person very much... and their energy keeps going back to the gues house to try and find the drowned person... the drowned person was a male... and the one that goes back to find him is also a male. This happened a very long time ago in the early years of that house.

Hidden toys. There are toys in that mansion that are hidden and they will not be moved out of the house. They will appear at odd times. They are Max's. RZ actually moves themn around as she was the only other person to know about them. It is very true that Max and RZ had a very strong bond.

JS violence toward RZ was a secret but she never expected this deadly explosion. In the photo's of JS & RZ.....there is a mark on RZ's arm near the elbow... was that a birthmark.... I do get that someone wants this pointed out...

JS & AS... the father is brutal... just brutal with those boys.... before JS dies he will have great remorse for his actions... and what happened to RZ...she actually loved him in her naive way...

JS's other two children will not lead peaceful lives... they will be scrutinized because of their father.

The Coronado police Chief... just berfoe he dies...will make a private statement to his wife about the case.. he was very unhappy JS was not investigated for the possibility of murder. This is STANDARD in any death case that the spouse be throughly investigated. The wife or one of his children will eventually say something to someone writing a book about this.

Oh and the dog... Ocean... has a new name... and will live a happy dog life.
Thank you for this post, Mrs. Holmes. I am not psychic, but I, too, sense rage hidden beneath JS's smooth mask.

BBM

I want this question answered.

Why did LE wait SO LONG to look at the phone? As LE, you question everyone and corroborate their stories. JS claims to have left a message on the phone that (according to their report) led RZ to kill herself, and LE waits --until it is too late--to prove or disprove JS' account of what he said was in the voicemail message.

If they contacted the provider as soon as they learned this message was left, they would have learned that the message would drop off the server after a few days.

How many investigators were on this case? Sheesh.

I would think any law enforcement protocol for investigating possible homicides would include a prioritized list of the types of evidence that need to be analyzed immediately. Unfortunately, in this case and others either such a list does not exist or it is not followed. I just don't understand as even if they are lacking in man/woman power, some things like immediate notation of body condition (liver mortis, temp and so on), phone records, and such would be key to establish a time frame, motive, and possible suspects. Stuff like phones do not have to be immediately examined either, just take the time to freeze and preserve the record for cripe sake. I was just watching the Matt Baker case last night on 48 Hrs - since it was deemed a suicide, they never even autopsied his wife. You have to wonder how many murders are deemed suicides.

BBM

I want this question answered.

Why did LE wait SO LONG to look at the phone? As LE, you question everyone and corroborate their stories. JS claims to have left a message on the phone that (according to their report) led RZ to kill herself, and LE waits --until it is too late--to prove or disprove JS' account of what he said was in the voicemail message.

If they contacted the provider as soon as they learned this message was left, they would have learned that the message would drop off the server after a few days.

How many investigators were on this case? Sheesh.

I believe they decided this was a suicide from the very start. Some of the search warrants are dated August 24 ( a months and a half after she died), that should tell us something.

Because they waited a month to even turn the phone on.

Totally unforgivable they are either inept or thought the easiest thing was to call it a suicide so they didn't want phone records, not that they wouldn't be pertinent to a suicide just that the level of LE accountability seems to go way down if it's not criminal.

I still say, they called it a suicide because they knew they couldn't figure out who the perp was and/or knew they would never get a conviction. Sadly, there are many cases where LE and the DA focus too much on conviction rate. They do not want unsolved cases out there and they especially do not want them in rich/tourist areas.

http://www.alcocklaw.com/criminal-l...izona-locals-captivates-coronado-ca-community

FYI: This is one of the articles siting GS's highschool bud (AP) -AND- vacationing Coronado Island neighbor. It also lists a neighbor(JA) who resdides 2 doors down from the mansion. I would expect LE would have interviewed both men.

I think the RZ family and attorney should let the Coronado Island locals know that they will be at a local coffee shop some Saturday or Sunday, and would like to talk to anyone with info. Put up signs with email/phone info. Since it sounds like many locals don't even know this is not a done deal. However, this should have been done before the Summer crowd moved back home.......

from the neighbor who lives two doors down:

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...th-medicis-ceo-san-diego-police-findings.html

But on Friday, residents appeared to accept the Sheriff's findings.

"I didn't believe it was a suicide," said Jeff Alison, who lives two houses from the Shacknai mansion on Ocean Boulevard. "I do now."

Alison said he watched the televised news conference Friday and said it was compelling. "I'm frankly satisfied," he said. "The investigation was not only thorough, it is completed."

He said the most engaging part of the presentation was seeing a woman about the same size as Zahau's diminutive 5-foot-3 frame and 100 pounds demonstrate how she tied her hands behind her back.

how is it not the same? isn't booked evidence considered as items that were seized by police investigating a possible homicide? and even if it's not, where is the evidence that it is Jonah, and not Rebecca's family, who are entitled to her personal belongings. According to this:

http://www.sacpd.org/faq/property/

it is made clear that most personal items seized by the LE are usually given back to the owner after the case is closed, or if the owner is dead, to the next of kin. You have yet to provide the link that I requested where it mentions that the property owner has the legal right to the personal belongings of the deceased and not the next of kin in California. And please also provide a link where it states that booked evidence is not the same thing as seized items in a search warrant. TIA

There are usually items booked into evidence that are not seized with a search warrant such as things gathered outside before the search warrant was executed. I'm always careful to state it is my opinion.

How can LE return property seized in a search warrant to a dead owner? They seized a torn shirt. How are they supposed to know who it belongs to other than the owner of the location from where it was seized?

LE doesn't get involved in probate as far as I know. It is a moot point because RZ's family does have an attorney who should be able to file necessary legal requests with whichever agency they want.

JMO

In my personal experience...it happens all the time. You go in and ask for the item...present your identifying documents, a death certificate and sign the property out. Been there, done that.

That's great!!! If that is true in this case, I have no reason to believe it won't happen but if it doesn't, the family has an attorney representing them.

JMO

Nesbit said those people were interviewed, but concluded "we don't think it's relevant."

The main reason, Nesbit said, was a group of teens were outside when the cry was heard. Those witnesses told detectives they couldn't decipher if the scream was from the Spreckels mansion or those teenagers.

Well now I can understand why they think it is irrelevant information if both witnesses don't know whether it came from the mansion or from a group of teenagers that were outside at the time. I have never known teenagers that remain quiet when they get together in groups.

So true. I think it was a very thorough investigation.

JMO

I think neither the family nor JS should get back any of the evidence/ items taken from the scene. The family should be given a copy of the police file as soon as possible though, so that they can fully understand and comprehend what was done in the investigation.

As even LE has often stated this is a highly unusual case and they have done a terrible job in illuminating the family and the public as to exactly what happened.

The evidence can be examined by a NEUTRAL third party for a thorough and professional re-investigation.

The four law enforcement agencies investigated this case were supposed to be neutral parties. If the family has evidence they were not neutral, they must follow the process California has in place and request a new investigation from the AG.

JMO

There are usually items booked into evidence that are not seized with a search warrant such as things gathered outside before the search warrant was executed. I'm always careful to state it is my opinion.

How can LE return property seized in a search warrant to a dead owner? They seized a torn shirt. How are they supposed to know who it belongs to other than the owner of the location from where it was seized?

LE doesn't get involved in probate as far as I know. It is a moot point because RZ's family does have an attorney who should be able to file necessary legal requests with whichever agency they want.

JMO

..i find that hard to believe, everything they take has to be by way of a S/W.

..also--now that LE is done with the cell phone, surely the family attorney won't have to file any paperwork to get it back.

..jonah has clearly said that he wants them to have peace and closure etc......he should simply pick up what was rebecca's-- and hand it over to them.

With all the public doubts surrounding the case, I am certain if the RZ's cellphone voicemail confirmed LE's findings, LE would expeditiously announce the confirmation to the media and the public. It would be a self-congratulatory, self-righteous "I told you so! We did our job right!" Why would they hide confirmation that would bolster their findings? However, if the voicemail did not match their hypothesis, they would suppress this voicemail as this would further reinforce questions about their competency.

:websleuther:

I can't speak for LE nor do I know if there are a lot of citizens in Coronado who are doubting the competence of their law enforcement agencies.

JMO

from the neighbor who lives two doors down:

----snipped---

He said the most engaging part of the presentation was seeing a woman about the same size as Zahau's diminutive 5-foot-3 frame and 100 pounds demonstrate how she tied her hands behind her back.

..i wonder if he would have found the demo as "engaging" if, for example, rebecca's sister (of the same size, and with also no knot tying experience ) had done the presentation and fumbled through it -----rather than watching a member of law enforcement --who clearly had knowledge of knot tying-- do the re-enactment ?

Totally unforgivable they are either inept or thought the easiest thing was to call it a suicide so they didn't want phone records, not that they wouldn't be pertinent to a suicide just that the level of LE accountability seems to go way down if it's not criminal.

I still say, they called it a suicide because they knew they couldn't figure out who the perp was and/or knew they would never get a conviction. Sadly, there are many cases where LE and the DA focus too much on conviction rate. They do not want unsolved cases out there and they especially do not want them in rich/tourist areas.

The case isn't unsolved and I doubt it has had any impact whatsoever on tourism.

The family has an attorney who has said she will make a request for a new investigation. Her request can't be considered until she files it.

JMO

..i find that hard to believe, everything they take has to be by way of a S/W.

..also--now that LE is done with the cell phone, surely the family attorney won't have to file any paperwork to get it back.

..jonah has clearly said that he wants them to have peace and closure etc......he should simply pick up what was rebecca's-- and hand it over to them.

I'm not sure what about "probable cause" is so hard to believe. LE doesn't need a search warrant if they can see the item and believe it is related to a possible crime. For example, LE could see the rope around RZ's neck so they didn't need a search warrant to seize it or anything else they could easily see.

I think it is an attorney's job to file legal paperwork. We all must abide by the same legal rules. After the insulting rhetoric and allegations RZ's family and their lawyer have lobbed against LE, they shouldn't be surprised at the lack of cooperation going forward.

JMO

That's great!!! If that is true in this case, I have no reason to believe it won't happen but if it doesn't, the family has an attorney representing them.

JMO

Why should the family have to go through the attorney to obtain Rebecca's belongings? The case is closed, there are provisions under the law for the victims survivors to obtain their families property, when the case is closed. Since this case was declared closed a month ago, LE should not be giving the family any pause in returning the items.

If this was a murder case, and evidence had been garnered from the defense or offense, to help/hinder the case, this would be an entirely different matter. As it stands now, case closed, no reason to hold on to the property. Any of it, imho.

As for the t-shirt, it was found on Rebecca also and if I were Bremner, I would like to have that piece of property also. No telling what an independent DNA lab could find.

..i wonder if he would have found the demo as "engaging" if, for example, rebecca's sister (of the same size, and with also no knot tying experience ) had done the presentation and fumbled through it -----rather than watching a member of law enforcement --who clearly had knowledge of knot tying-- do the re-enactment ?
They stated in the PC that it took hours and hours of study to recreate those bindings on her hands.

I'm not sure what about "probable cause" is so hard to believe. LE doesn't need a search warrant if they can see the item and believe it is related to a possible crime. For example, LE could see the rope around RZ's neck so they didn't need a search warrant to seize it or anything else they could easily see.

I think it is an attorney's job to file legal paperwork. We all must abide by the same legal rules. After the insulting rhetoric and allegations RZ's family and their lawyer have lobbed against LE, they shouldn't be surprised at the lack of cooperation going forward.

JMO
I think the family and Anne have been polite as possible under the circumstances. LE needs to suck it up and be professional and open minded. This isn't personal when it comes to their work. No one has been singled out and critisized. The family want and deserve more answers.

The biggest problem is that this was not also investigated as a possible murder when cleaerly JS and other family members has motive. JS and family will be forever suspect in many people's minds. The fact that his phone call and voice mail that motivated her suicide was never confirmed is apalling.

JMO

BBM

The above bolded is not correct. LE needs a search warrant for each & every item sought and/or eventually seized, regardless if that item can be "easily" seen.

When Deputy Brian Patterson filed the affidavit for Search Warrant 41227, the very first item that he listed in his affidavit was - you guessed it - the Red Rope.

The rope was listed as item #29 in the search warrant inventory of items seized. This is undoubtedly the red rope that was tied to the bed, since the red rope around RZ's neck, wrists, and ankles went with her to the ME's office.

ETA: Probable cause is what an investigator presents to a Judge in an affidavit, in order to demonstrate to the Judge the legal justification for a search warrant. Probable cause does not give LE free rein to take whatever they want absent a search warrant. Even with a search warrant, LE is limited to only seizing items named in the search warrant.

I can't speak for LE nor do I know if there are a lot of citizens in Coronado who are doubting the competence of their law enforcement agencies.JMO

IMO

None of us know the exact number of people...but apparently there are whole lot of people--everywhere--who are doubting the competence of the SDSO right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni