17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my opinion as well. Police often handcuff people that they aren't arresting, even if it's just to incapacitate them until they can decide what to do with them - or maybe I've seen to many cop shows where they cuff a guy, sit him on the curb or in the back of the car while they clear up other aspects of the situation, and then end up releasing him. I suspect it's just SOP to do so in certain situations, even if the person is coming along voluntarily. Considering how comfortable Zimmerman looks while hanging around and chatting with the officers in the video, walking around freely, not being watched or treated with suspicion, etc., he is almost certainly there voluntarily. He looks like someone who already knows he'll get to go home later, but, again, that's JMO.
I think cuffing is defintiely SOP. They can do that all day long without an arrest. The only issue is the transportation to the station. Either he went along willingly-which I assume he did -or it is ok to transport someone when they are involved ina shooting death. Either way to LE this did not constitute an arrest-but perhaps could be argued that it did rise to the level, but I think it would fail with what we know at this point.
JMHO

Found this at one of the FL lawyer's sites:

There are three types of law enforcement contacts with citizens, consensual encounters, temporary detentions and arrests.

A temporary detention occurs when a law enforcement officer restrains a citizen's freedom of movement for a temporary period of time to conduct an investigation. To temporarily detain a citizen, the law enforcement officer must establish facts sufficient to prove that he or she has a reasonable suspicion to believe that the person had committed, was committing or was about to commit a crime. If the law enforcement officer determines, after conducting an investigation, That the person has not committed a crime, then the law enforcement officer must allow the person to go free. A citizen who has been temporarily detained has the right to remain silent and to not answer the law enforcement officer's questions.

(I guess I can't link to it though because it is not Hornsby site)

http://www.faulknerlegalgroup.com/FAQ/The-police-stopped-detained-me-Were-they-allowed.aspx

Sounds like this is what happened IMO. If true, I don't think they would of mirandized him. Then the next question is if what he was saying in the video can be used in court?
I do not think he was mirandized either, but that is just a guess. I think anything he said can and will be used against him in a court of law.
JMHO.

It's sure funny to me how this "gash" on Zimmerman's head keeps getting more and more enhanced as time goes on. Perhaps those that are "enhancing" need to learn better use of Photoshop because it certainly doesn't look very authentic to me, just a poor attempt to "prove" that there are marks there when clearly there aren't as evidenced by the original video that was released.

~jmo~

and it's all to no avail too. the pics taken at the police station that night and the following day (bruising does not show immediately I think we can all agree on that so I hope the PD wasnt totally that worthless to not even try to make GZ's claims appear legit with next day pics) is what will show if GZ's claims of the brutal beating are in fact true. it's wasting time photoshopping a VERY low res image, it doesnt prove anything one way or another. TBH the marks look like blood smears to me, and whose blood? I can hazard a guess - trayvon's.

It's sure funny to me how this "gash" on Zimmerman's head keeps getting more and more enhanced as time goes on. Perhaps those that are "enhancing" need to learn better use of Photoshop because it certainly doesn't look very authentic to me, just a poor attempt to "prove" that there are marks there when clearly there aren't as evidenced by the original video that was released.

~jmo~

Whom created these enhanced videos? Wasn't it the MSM?

Considering the fact that NBC already fired two people (including a producer) over the 911 tape, I doubt a news agency would do the same thing again and 'doctor' a photo IMO.

Ever consider the fact the news agency was counting on the viewing public to think the same as you do? MSM is like that... JMHO

Ever consider the fact the news agency was counting on the viewing public to think the same as you do? MSM is like that... JMHO

I personally don't think MSM gets in the habit of altering images in order to push one side of the story or another, there's plenty of that already in this case IMO. Enhanced and altering are two different things in my mind. Enhance to me means bringing out or lowering the color. Altering is actually changing the image, putting pixels in different places to make something appear there that really isn't there. That's basically forgery and I would think a very serious offense for a news agency.

I personally don't think MSM gets in the habit of altering images in order to push one side of the story or another, there's plenty of that already in this case IMO. Enhanced and altering are two different things in my mind. Enhance to me means bringing out or lowering the color. Altering is actually changing the image, putting pixels in different places to make something appear there that really isn't there. That's basically forgery and I would think a very serious offense for a news agency.

BBM..IMHO..No disrespect intended, but I suggest you think again...JMHO

What's wrong with the police officer's ear and nose, and why does it look like a big bruise under his eye. Does it look like that in the video?

And if this is supposed to be clearer and less distorted, why does the lettering on the back of the police car seem distorted?

ETA: I don't know, I guess time will tell exactly what it is, but to me it almost looks like it's just his hair. I can also make out two faint lines on the left side of his head.

The redness to me looks similar to what we see on the police officer. Don't know the technical terms, but whatever they did to enhance it that caused redness can be seen on the officer, as well as on GZ's neck.

ETA2: Look at the police officer's head and face, he has what looks like a white line that goes all the way from the back of his head down to the bottom of his face.

JMHO

JMO/IMO
I also see a "bad bruise" between the police officers sleeve cuff and elbow. I can't miss the very red, apparent "serious injury" in his eye area. Something's squirrelly here.

JMO/IMO
I also see a "bad bruise" between the police officers sleeve cuff and elbow. I can't miss the very red, apparent "serious injury" in his eye area. Something's squirrelly here.

It also shows that same redness right above that little blob that's supposed to be his ear, by his hairline on the side of his face.

You would think that the police officer was the one who was in a major fight for his life.

JMHO

So MSN would mess with a tape, but not a picture?

They didn't change the tape, they just cut a part out. That's way different than actually altering (photoshopping) an image. The comparison would be if they actually somehow changed the 911 tape to make GZ say something that was never said.

Even so, there were reprimands even for that.

To me it is really strange Officer Smith did not arrest Zimmerman for carrying a concealed weapon.

When I was color editing my DD's engagement pics I tried slightly increasing the red to bring out background flowers. It made my DD and her now husband look like they were having an allergic reaction to something. Playing around with colors can definitely make it look like something is there when it's not.

They didn't change the tape, they just cut a part out. That's way different than actually altering (photoshopping) an image. The comparison would be if they actually somehow changed the 911 tape to make GZ say something that was never said.

Even so, there were reprimands even for that.

:what: Tomato...Tamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member