Child named after Hitler is refused cake request

I think naming kids something connected to genocide or what will lead them to years of ridicule and prejudice is emotionally abusive. However, I think we need to be very careful here with how we balance free speech rights in our country and the names given to children. If we allow the state to determine what names our kids can have, yes, the children of idiots will be protected but what is a good name is subjective and I would not want the state telling me what is a good name or not.

That being said, thankfully, no matter how often these parents protest, this is not what this case is about. There may have been calls to CPS as a result of the names, but the children were taken due to the fact that their were allegations against their mentally ill parents, both of whom were abused as children and never treated, including intense domestic violence, keeping the kids strapped in car seats for long periods, inside the home, threats by the dad to kill the mother, fears expressed by the mother and conveyed to a neighbor that her husband was going to kill her or harm the kids, allowing the children access to only small parts of the home and allegations against the dad of domestic violence against exes, abuse of another child from an different woman, with a vacuum to the face, and teaching this other child how to kill, at age 3:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-08-05/news/27071868_1_appeals-court-family-court-court-rules

http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-cannot-regain-custody-children-nazi-inspired/story?id=11334970

These allegations seem to be born out as little Adolph, at age 3, expressed a the desire to kill his siblings and uttered threats against his psychologist, saying he would kill her, etc.

I agree with whoever said that the names were merely a tip off that something was very wrong in that house.

Whatever is wrong with the parents is not going to create healthy children.
In addition to name them with names that induce bad feeling is not a blessing for the kids.
IMHO - this kids needed to be taken and hopefully renamed too, but if they are already abused kids it is sad :( very sad :( we know that abusers are often those who were abused. I really hope the kids get lots of help.

Heath Campbell, Adolf Hitler-Naming Dad, Dressed In Nazi Uniform To New Jersey Custody Hearing
Posted: 06/04/2013 11:15 am EDT | Updated: 06/04/2013 4:43 pm EDT

Heath Campbell entered a New Jersey courthouse Monday dressed in a full Nazi uniform, donning a trimmed mustache reminiscent of Adolf Hitler -- the man he named his firstborn child after.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/heath-campbell-nazi-uniform_n_3383144.html

"These kids weren’t abused," he told The Star-Ledger after the 2012 decision, adding, "If I have to give up my Nazism, then so be it. I’ll do it."

However...

A month later, he created a new Nazi organization, "Hitler's Order," according to NBC10, and began wearing the uniform.

It sounds like it's more about making a point about Nazism for him than about the children. JMO.

Heath Campbell, Adolf Hitler-Naming Dad, Dressed In Nazi Uniform To New Jersey Custody Hearing
Posted: 06/04/2013 11:15 am EDT | Updated: 06/04/2013 4:43 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/heath-campbell-nazi-uniform_n_3383144.html

However...

It sounds like it's more about making a point about Nazism for him than about the children. JMO.

"If I have to give up my nazism, so be it"

Looks like he didn't really mean it. Call me uncaring but change those kid's middle names and put them up for adoption pronto. It's been five years and he has proven that he is not going to change. Maybe if he does finally change he can visit his children (With adoptive parental discretion, of course). But I don't honestly think he will change.

Cathy Bowlby, who was married to white supremacist Heath Campbell for three years, revealed he tried to name their first-born Lucifer.
But she 'talked him out of it' by suggesting that their son take their father's name instead.

Lucifer, Adolf Hitler, Heath, same difference?

But Bowlby told the New York Daily News: 'He claimed that his mother was raped and he was the evil seed planted inside her.

'He believed he was the devil reborn to take over the world. He'd say, "I believe in the devil. I worship the devil. I am the devil."'
Bowlby said one of his favorite activities was taking her on car rides to a local cemetery.

'To show me where he was going to bury me when he killed me,' she said.

She also claimed he terrorised their son, *****

If half of that is true I don't wonder that the children were taken away, rather I wonder that he was allowed to keep them for so long.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...born-repeatedly-abused-her.html#ixzz2VpJiFo3W
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"If I have to give up my nazism, so be it"

Looks like he didn't really mean it. Call me uncaring but change those kid's middle names and put them up for adoption pronto. It's been five years and he has proven that he is not going to change. Maybe if he does finally change he can visit his children (With adoptive parental discretion, of course). But I don't honestly think he will change.

Nope, he didn't mean it. He's still saying that he lost his kids because of nazism - but guess what the latest child is called.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/weird...nt_internallink_relatedcontent_2013_partners2

"I'm not allowed to have children because I’m a Nazi," Heath Campbell proclaimed.
The 40 year old man has fathered nine children with five women but he doesn’t have custodial rights to any of them.
Now Campbell wants custody of little Eva Braun, born in Pennsylvania in November of this year.

And he's gonna proudly continue without learning anything:
Campbell sticks to his claim that his kids were all taken from him because he’s a Nazi. "That’s what they’re saying,” he began. “Well, I'll stop making them when they stop taking them."

According to
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nazi-baby-named-eva-braun-back-article-1.1561008
the reason for removal was an issue with the mother.

But Zito’s court-appointed lawyer said Campbell’s demented views didn’t even come up during an early December custody hearing.

Child welfare workers took the baby because Zito’s firstborn is also in state custody.

“If there is an assumption the child is at risk, they can do that,” said lawyer Michael Connor.

Allegedly Dad was too broke to come to see the child in hospital.

Had the child been a boy, his name would have been Rommel.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-fiancee-hope-lil-eva-braun-article-1.1376354

I was kind of curious about this, and did a bit of investigation. Hitler is a real name and there are quite a few in the phone book, including two Adolf Hitlers.

I was kind of curious about this, and did a bit of investigation. Hitler is a real name and there are quite a few in the phone book, including two Adolf Hitlers.

Yes. I thought my family was odd for naming their children after presidents and famous actresses. Lol.:twocents:

He has fathered 9 kids with 5 women and says he will "stop making them when they stop taking them." What a selfish, irresponsible pig.

Sorry… that just irks the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of me. He may think he is getting back at society for taking his kids by producing more, but in reality he is doing wrong by his kids. Having kid after kid without the means to properly care for them is IRRESPONSIBLE, regardless of what he names them. GAH!

I'm just wondering where the h*ll he finds these women?!

Seriously, would you even have sex with this guy, let alone a baby? :what:

The mom of Eva was 22 years old and already had one child in state custody, so that probably explains a lot of it.

The mother of the three other Hitler named children lost custody as well. I *thought* I heard that Adolph has been adopted and his name changed, but I could be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back