FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our theories don't really matter at this point which we spent so much time battling and bantering about. The facts do. I sincerely hope TES finds evidence to bring Jenn home. I know we would do anything towards that end.

Drumstick~ Glad to see you and hubby are available to search. It is reassuring to know you will be there. :)

I have an off topic question:

Why isn't OCSO involved in this case and why isn't OPD involved in Caylee's?

Thank you SS, and yes we would do anything to find Jennifer that we can.

OPD vs. OCSO is jurisdiction. That was the original problem when the first 911 call was made on January 24, 2006. There was some confusion about who had jurisdiction over that area and it was resolved that it would be OPD.
The two lead OPD detectives who originally worked the case retired on the same date (August 31, 2006).... 8 months later.

As far as theories go I think we've heard a hundred of them or more and you're right... that the only thing that matters is finding Jennifer.

It will not surprise me at all if Jennifer is found in the immediate vicinity of Mosiac.

~

Thanks for explaining that, Drumstick. It is too bad that OCSO didn't get this case, imo. I really lost respect for OPD here.

If they don't find her near there, I think they have a good chance of recovering items such as the cell phones or her purse etc. Anything they recover will be of some value to fill in missing pieces and give this investigation a new direction, hopefully.

I wonder if TES will be reporting soon on when and where they plan to begin this venture? I am getting anxious now.

Perhaps it is worth checking if there were any concrete pours at Mosaic soon after Jennifer disappeared.
My hunch is Jennifer isn't too far from Mosaic either but the truth is she could be anywhere.

If I recall, they were doing some cement work in the area. With a four hour window, I have always suspected that she wouldn't be more than a few miles away, if she isn't very near the apartment. I felt there was a sexual motive involved in her disappearance. While he could have held her in another apartment for a length of time, it doesn't seem realistic that he would. I think she was gone by the time he moved the car.

Personally I'm thrilled at the thought of someone like Tim who has so much experience in missing cases looking over this case and sharing his experience with the Kesse family.

They deserve to find their beautiful daughter and bring her home.

They are good people and their daughter was a good person.

I'll continue to beat my drum for all of them until we find her.

~

If I recall, they were doing some cement work in the area. With a four hour window, I have always suspected that she wouldn't be more than a few miles away, if she isn't very near the apartment. I felt there was a sexual motive involved in her disappearance. While he could have held her in another apartment for a length of time, it doesn't seem realistic that he would. I think she was gone by the time he moved the car.

I agree.. unfortunately.

And what infuriates me so much.. is that searching those apartments could have revealed VITAL forensic evidence.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17690233/detail.html

Texas Search Team To Help With Kesse Case

Equusearch Juggles Caylee Anthony, Jennifer Kesse Search Efforts

POSTED: 6:09 pm EDT October 10, 2008
UPDATED: 6:42 pm EDT October 10, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A Texas search team arrived in Central Florida on Friday to help search for Jennifer Kesse nearly three years after her disappearance.

Kesse disappeared nearly three years ago from her Orlando condominium.

On Thursday, Texas Equusearch came to assist in the search.

Police have had more then 950 leads in the case, but Kesse's mother, Joyce, said it's awareness people need to be reminded she's missing.

Jennifer Kesse would be 27 years old now.

"It's extremely hard," father Drew Kesse said. "I'll be honest. It's hard to be back in this city."

The missing woman's parents met with investigators Friday morning. They said there's been nothing new happen in the case, but they're grateful for the help from the search team.

"There are a lot of emotions going on," said Tim Miller of Equusearch. "We've got two children in basically the same area."

Equusearch is in town to help look for 3-year-old Caylee Anthony, and they've also been briefed on the Kesse case.

A few years ago, police combed a wooded area off John Young Parkway -- not far from Jennifer Kesse's condo where she was last seen. Texas Equusearch will take another look in that area.

"It's when we're going to do it," Miller said. "I think it's going to be a lot sooner than later."

Jennifer Kesse was last seen near her condo near the Mall at Millenia in January 2006.

"We're going to go out and take some rides around some of the areas to get a better grasp," Drew Kesse said.

Jennifer Kesse's car was found near Texas Avenue and Americana Boulevard. A few days later, surveillance was found of someone driving her car. Police said they don't know who was driving.

"With any luck, maybe we'll find something this time," Drew Kesse said. "As you know, with Joyce and me, we'll never give up. Jennifer is what it is all about."

Texas Equusearch members said they're not sure when they'll begin their search. They said they're still trying to coordinate the Kesse and Anthony searches.

"It's when we're going to do it," Miller said. "I think it's going to be a lot sooner than later."
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I know others have mentioned Gary Hilton in conjunction with Jennifer's case and I was looking at some of the posts from True Crime Diary, and she also draws parelllels so I am certainly not trying to take any credit here! However, look at the last photo at the bottom of the page of this particulat post - it looks like the hat the poi was wearing in the video after parking Jennifer's car.

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=42

How seriously have LE looked at GH as a suspect, does anyone know?

I believe it came out recently they found DNA evidence which would have been run against both of those men to rule them out.

I am not saying she is there now. However, the last known place for Jenn to be was alive inside her apartment. While it probably is leased or sold now, it wouldn't hurt to ask to check it out. It is wrong this wasn't done at the onset and valuable evidence could have been lost.

respectfully snipped and bolded by me

Yes, there was a lot of construction going on in Jenn's complex at the time including people coming in and out of her apartment. She mentioned how uncomfortable this made her feel and she was quite uneasy. (To me, this was always a clue that was overlooked.)

I believe the dog originated at the place where the car was found and was given the scent of the perp from the car, IIRC. I could be mistaken and he could have been given Jenn's scent. Also..wasn't there a bag he threw away in a dumpster that they found? Has been so long I am going to have to refresh my memory on those details.

Please leave my begging and pleading for TES to come into this in the transcripts for TES to read. LOL I mentioned it a thousand times. I am just so relieved to see it finally happening.

SS- who did she mention this to, exactly and when, Do we know the specifics? I completely agree with you that could be key, especially if she mentioned it prior to her disappearance.

I believe it came out recently they found DNA evidence which would have been run against both of those men to rule them out.

That's good to know. However given the way LE have messed up this investigation my guess is they probably haven't come up with either of these guys as a match worth testing!

SS- who did she mention this to, exactly and when, Do we know the specifics? I completely agree with you that could be key, especially if she mentioned it prior to her disappearance.
It was either to Rob or her parents, but I don't remember exactly. It wasn't too long before she went missing tho. I recall her father on camera talking about it so it could be in the interview with Greta. I will see if I can track it down to be more specific.

This is from her website:

Recently, she shared concerns about living at the condos, though she was proud she could afford the place just two years after graduating from the University of Central Florida.

"This was her pride and accomplishment, bought it by herself. She had some concerns with the maintenance crew," Kesse said.

Her boyfriend, Robert Allen, agreed saying she was uncomfortable with the workers around. The buildings had just recently been converted to condos and only a handful of residents live in her unit.

"Obviously, for me living three hours away, difficult hearing that with her saying I’m a little nervous here and there," Allen said.

http://jenniferkesse.com/jennifer-kesse-story.htm

Here is more:

Originally posted by PattiAnn:

http://myfloridaroundtable.com/?page_id=314

From the above linked article:

Jennifer had recently purchased a condo Mosiac; she expressed serious concerns about workers present; to her friends, parents and Rob because she was one of a very few residents who lived there as it was under construction and renovation as a condo conversion from Tradition Apartments (that has a murky past as a high crime apartment complex). There was a guard shack and gate, although it was not up and operational at the time. There were also a lot of people entering and exiting the area via a wooded area behind the complex from other construction areas and paths which lead to local stores and other apartments (short cuts).

Originally posted on http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=6725&pid=270591&st=120&#entry270591 by Posting Goddess.

From 48 Hours:

The inside of Jennifer's car provided more frustration for investigators and her family: there was no sign of a struggle, no blood, no identifiable fingerprints except for Jennifer's.

But there was one item found that bothered detectives: a DVD player.

That DVD player hadn't been stolen. Asked what that tells him, Sgt. Brennan says, "It didn’t appear that it was a robbery. Didn’t appear that it was a car theft. It didn't appear that it was a carjacking."

Bloodhounds were called in to track any scent from Jennifer’s car. Brennan says one of those dogs essentially tracked back to her complex.

Could Jennifer's abductor be someone who lived in her own complex? Detectives discovered there was extensive remodeling going on, including some work in Jennifer’s own unit, and Jennifer had complained to her family that some of the workers were making her feel uncomfortable.

Asked what she said, Joyce says, "They would stop and stare. …Leering stares is what she would say."

"Were these guys mostly day workers?" Van Sant asks.

"It was large groups of crews that had traveled together. And many of them were staying right there in several of the units in the complex itself," Wright says.

In fact, of the 447 units in Jennifer’s complex, only 250 were occupied at the time, and workers were allowed to live in the empty units. But Brennan says tracing these people is "extremely difficult."

Police could not search all of the units in Jennifer's complex because many were privately owned. They also couldn't count on getting any reliable forensic evidence from Jennifer's condo. "Anywhere from a half dozen to two dozen people were in the condo over the course of the first 24 hours," Brennan says, explaining that that contaminates the crime scene.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/...in4219397.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member