How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
I think it is the perfect time and place to hold a Memorial for Caylee. With the searches being called off and the real possibility that she will never be recovered, it is fitting that people who have poured their hearts and souls into finding her have a moment to say goodbye to her wherever she may be. They are invested and need to have an emotional release before they relinquish to the reality of her remains not being found especially after this weekend. It is the right thing to do for the right reasons. Caylee deserves to be remembered, loved, and mourned. She deserves rites to be observed to mark her death. It is the last thing people can do for Caylee now. The rest is up to the legal system.

The Anthony family will never acknowledge sweet Caylee in this way. People have to understand that Caylee deserves to be remembered. She may not ever have a proper burial. There won't be thousands of flowers or a pretty casket where she has been cast aside. There won't be music in her honor with her family standing by her side at her grave to weep for her. Caylee will be forever alone while her family forsakes her in an effort to save the very person who left her behind.

Regardless of whether the family ever attends, when she is pronounced dead why can't all of these things happen? Why not have it in a church on a weekend when all of the searchers and protesters might actually be able to attend? Why do it on a Tuesday with no real announcement and public invite and the appropriate people to speak? Music, flowers, photos, and tributes all present. After the trial maybe some of the people who have actually had their real lives impacted might be able to attend? With a death certificate issued a real memorial could be erected to her somewhere whether it is in a cemetery or elsewhere. Doing it now just caters to the the media circus and grandstanding by Cindy. At least wait until the gag order is issued so they can't hold a press conference or announce a siting at the same time.

My personal hope is that she gets a true memorial service that is not a show down between the bountyhunter and the crazy grandmother with live satelite feeds in three locations the park, the Anthony's driveway and Baez's parking lot for maximum coverage. That is my only point. A memorial service is needed for Caylee and for the people who have been touched by her, but what is going to happen tomorrow is not the best that could be done for her regardless of the Anthony's intentions now or in the future.

I have absolutely no respect for the A. I will continue to pray for Caylee but the hell the A are living in is one, I feel, they created.

Respectfully,
BeagleMOm

Beautifully put, BeagleMom. :blowkiss:

The juvenile court has authority over an existing and living abandoned or neglected 2 year old.

Right and if the Anthonys REFUSE to believe she is dead and want to continue in that line, the court needs to appoint a guardian.

Cindy and George legally have NO rights as it stands now.

What if Caylee is never found? Are the Anthonys going to still be talking about sightings 20 yrs from now? How long do they expect the OTHER people who love Caylee, to not have closure?? They cannot sue somebody for having their own memorial. They cannot legally stop it. Whether they hate the idea or not. Whether it's a good idea or not. They just have no control over it. If I were there, I would be there to say my goodbyes.
ITA...it's hard to explain how many of us feel because we didn't know her as her family did...but we did in a way, now didn't we? How many of us here hurt this weekend when she wasn't located...I mean really hurt? How many of us have cried many times over this little girl? Does it make sense to an outsider, perhaps not. There is a reason why we're here trying our best, seeking out justice for those who have no voice. IMO we and other forums like us ARE Caylee's voice. I suppose some may say closure will be when they find Casey guilty. But, I much rather have it in remembering Caylee. In what ever shape or form it takes...a vigil, prayer session, or memorial...I see nothing wrong with trying to find solace in standing with others who grieve as we do. JMHO

I agree, and it is the WRONG reason to have a memorial!! The Anthonys have not given up hope that Caylee is alive, and that is their right! It is in very poor taste, in my honest opinion, to throw something like this in their face at a time when they need support and understanding.

I agree with TxLady2 and would add another thought to that. I don't think you should do a sacred thing like a memorial out of spite. I know not everyone would look at it from a religious perspective like I do, but to me it's almost like how can you come before a god of love in good conscience with "na na na, I'll show those nasty crazy Anthonys they're wrong" in your own heart? JMO

I agree that she deserved better. And I do think a memorial should be held, but I think the timing is wrong. It is absolutely LPs right to do so, but it is CA's right to scream about it as well. That doesn't seem like a dignified and peaceful event to me, but that is just my opinion. I think she deserves better than that.

Ditto.

I think it's horrendous that LP would take it upon himself to hold a memorial service without consulting the A's first. From the first, he has had one thing in mind, and that is to insert himself into a blockbuster media event. It's unnecessarily cruel to Caylee's family, I'm disgusted by it and I would not attend.

This memorial service is not about Caylee at all, it's all about a grandstanding bounty hunter. Regardless of what I personally think or the opinions I have formed regarding the A's, I understand why they showed up at BP to confront him today, and I support their right to do so. Just as I support their right to hold out hope, no matter how the odds are stacked up against them.

From what I recall Tim said he would come back to this spot. The reason being that it was flooded and they could not clear the whole area. I really want to know why "Tim" has changed his tune? He didn't go back to that spot yet, he was leaving that is why Padilla took over because after Tim said he was staying until Tuesday, he changed his mind again. Look at how many times Tim changes his mind. I think Cindy manipulates Tim and I see no reason for anyone to be upset about LP searching, that is more constructive than sitting back waiting on Caylee to walk through the door or chatting on line. I am all for anyone who will search for Caylee. As for the memorial, it was not supposed to be public. With this case things get leaked all the time, Cindy went out there today and raised hell and now everyone knows why. Again, she wants to stop the search of an area that has not been cleared. Why is it that there is so much ground that needs to be searched and people are mad that LP is taking over the search when Tim clearly stated yesterday he did not feel Caylee would ever be found alive. I just don't understand. This is about Caylee a little girl that went missing June 16 and nobody reported her missing until July 15.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

AMEN, and thank you. You said exactly what has been on my mind.

I personally believe that a Memorial is something that should not be done without the family's consent. Although I understand where people are coming from, it might be better to consider it a prayer vigil or something else that isn't so final. Yes, I agree that all the evidence points to the finality, but it is the family's right and responsibility for a Memorial, not the general public IMHO.

If anyone has ever had a loved one missing or murdered or killed or died, it is not someone else to step up for a memorial for that person, but rather their family.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion.

In ordinary circumstances, I would agree. But if I was murdered by a family member, and the other members of my family were busy helping the murderer get away with it, I'd hope someone would step in and give me a memorial service.

The problem is the family will never do it and Caylee deserves it.

Btw~ This isn't a legal issue.
That's right. It is a social issue for the benefit of the community and the public interested in this matter.

In ordinary circumstances, I would agree. But if I was murdered by a family member, and the other members of my family were busy helping the murderer get away with it, I'd hope someone would step in and give me a memorial service.

:clap::clap::clap:

Regardless of whether the family ever attends, when she is pronounced dead why can't all of these things happen? Why not have it in a church on a weekend when all of the searchers and protesters might actually be able to attend? Why do it on a Tuesday with no real announcement and public invite and the appropriate people to speak? Music, flowers, photos, and tributes all present. After the trial maybe some of the people who have actually had their real lives impacted might be able to attend? With a death certificate issued a real memorial could be erected to her somewhere whether it is in a cemetery or elsewhere. Doing it now just caters to the the media circus and grandstanding by Cindy. At least wait until the gag order is issued so they can't hold a press conference or announce a siting at the same time.

My personal hope is that she gets a true memorial service that is not a show down between the bountyhunter and the crazy grandmother with live satelite feeds in three locations the park, the Anthony's driveway and Baez's parking lot for maximum coverage. That is my only point. A memorial service is needed for Caylee and for the people who have been touched by her, but what is going to happen tomorrow is not the best that could be done for her regardless of the Anthony's intentions now or in the future.
I can only hope there will be another service somewhere down the line for Caylee, but for now...this is all she gets. It may be years before this is brought to a close depending on how many motions are filed to prevent the case from moving forward etc.

Casey has been indicted for Murder 1. There would not be a murder indictment if there was a LIVE child. Caylee is dead. The evidence shows that Caylee is dead. The evidence has shown for a long while now that Caylee is dead. Casey's car WREAKED of Caylee in the form of HUMAN DECOMPOSITION. Caylee IS dead. It is a work in futility to labor to the "Caylee is alive" end. Caylee deserves to be "put to rest" if she is found or if she never is. Mr. Padilla or anyone else who has the heart to take on that daunting task gets a thumbs up from me. Caylee rest in peace with Teddy bears and balloons ever more.

I think it is the perfect time and place to hold a Memorial for Caylee. With the searches being called off and the real possibility that she will never be recovered, it is fitting that people who have poured their hearts and souls into finding her have a moment to say goodbye to her wherever she may be. They are invested and need to have an emotional release before they relinquish to the reality of her remains not being found especially after this weekend. It is the right thing to do for the right reasons. Caylee deserves to be remembered, loved, and mourned. She deserves rites to be observed to mark her death. It is the last thing people can do for Caylee now. The rest is up to the legal system.

The Anthony family will never acknowledge sweet Caylee in this way. People have to understand that Caylee deserves to be remembered. She may not ever have a proper burial. There won't be thousands of flowers or a pretty casket where she has been cast aside. There won't be music in her honor with her family standing by her side at her grave to weep for her. Caylee will be forever alone while her family forsakes her in an effort to save the very person who left her behind.

I would attend if I were in Florida. It would be an honor to be part of a group who thought enough of this child to give her some respect. She deserves so much more, but she will never be acknowledged if they don't do this.

This is a beautiful post. I would attend also. Caylee needs to be said goodbye to by the people who love her.

Casey has been indicted for Murder 1. There would not be a murder indictment if there was a LIVE child. Caylee is dead. The evidence shows that Caylee is dead. The evidence has shown for a long while now that Caylee is dead. Casey's car WREAKED of Caylee in the form of HUMAN DECOMPOSITION. Caylee IS dead. It is a work in futility to labor to THAT end. Caylee deserves to be "put to rest" if she is found or if she never is. Mr. Padilla or anyone else who has the heart to take on that daunting task gets a thumbs up from me. Caylee rest in peace with Teddy bears and balloons ever more.

Thank you, for the logic & dose of reality here!

That is a question I have also. There were some interesting things during the search and I do not understand WHY this has been left out of the TES search.

I just watched an interview with TM where he stated that they did return to BP with side-sonar equipped boats, and that there is nothing there. He also alluded to LP's motives in going there today as being for publicity only.

Right and if the Anthonys REFUSE to believe she is dead and want to continue in that line, the court needs to appoint a guardian.

Cindy and George legally have NO rights as it stands now.
The catch 22 is a probate court would not have any jurisdiction to appoint a guardian for a deceased child. However, the probate court, acting to administer a deceased minor child's probate estate would have the power to appoint ... not a guardian ... but an estate administrator. (Also known as the personal representative of the Estate of Caylee Marie Anthony, a decedent.) That estate would have the power to administer ... the donations. (See why that petition is not being filed?)

The fact that the Anthony family denies the evidence and ignores the obvious and hold on to a hope that is in vain because the evidence says Caylee is deceased is why someone else has to step in and have some kind of service for Caylee. Caylee deserves to be Memorialized, and if her own family cares so little for her that they will let her lie in the earth with NO remembrance, then that is soley upon their shoulders and their own choice. Maybe this will be Mr. Padilla's own personal way for showing respect and honor to a little girl whose own family have abandoned her in her death.

That's right. It is a social issue for the benefit of the community and the public interested in this matter.

I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be a social issue for the benefit of the community and the public interested in this matter. It should be a tribute to Caylee with peace in everyone's hearts and earnest concern for the comfort of those hurting over her. It is not LP's place to do this. It is the family's place whether we like it or not.

I totally agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back