PA - Lindy Sue Biechler, 19, fatally stabbed, Lancaster County, 5 Dec 1975 *arrest in 2022*

Really? That's interesting. I thought for sure that was you.

In that case then I love it that this person said as far as they new they were the only ones to have made this connection between the letter in Lindy's murder case and Zodiac.

HAHA,its not like my posts are copryrighted.......HEY WAIT! Theres an idea! :toast:

Very interesting posts at that site, thanks for the link. About the letter writer in Lindy's case being so similar to Zodiac: I wonder if the Zodiac letters were described along with all the other info in those gory True Crime magazines back then. A stalker, someone obsessed with killing and seeing pics of crime could have gotten copycat ideas.

Very interesting posts at that site, thanks for the link. About the letter writer in Lindy's case being so similar to Zodiac: I wonder if the Zodiac letters were described along with all the other info in those gory True Crime magazines back then. A stalker, someone obsessed with killing and seeing pics of crime could have gotten copycat ideas.

Thats a good point,tahts why i would love to see the letter writer's handwriting

UPDATE:

Its been a week since i wrote/emailed/faxed to the Lindy Biechler website ,the DA's office,and police dept.,telling them to at least consider Zodiac or a copycat

So far i have had exactly ZERO responses!

Thats ashamed for her family. They either think i am off my rocker,they are 2 busy with current cases,or they just dont care.

In 35 years,they havent solved it,so maybe its time to listen to somebody elses ideas.

Another strange one in State Collage, Pa.
Dana Bailey Murder

March 1987 - Sometime between March 4-5, 1987, Dana Bailey, a Penn State student and a part time waitress at the Corner Room restaurant, was murdered in her second floor apartment. She died from multiple stab wounds. Dana was a friendly, well-liked young woman who, at the time, was engaged to be married. She was from Philipsburg, PA.

The investigation revealed that the suspect was watching Dana's apartment from a building that was being remodeled. The building was located to the north of hers. The suspect gained entry to Dana's apartment through a window, which faced the surveillance point.

Hundreds of leads were investigated at that time, however the case remains unsolved.

In December 2003, an anonymous letter was received by the police. It was the first new lead in many years. The letter mentions two names but makes no further reference to the murder. No connection has been established between Dana and the names at this time. The police department is asking the author of the letter to come forward and identify themselves. It is imperative for the author to understand the importance to Dana's family and the community in solving this tragic incident.

A $30,000.00 reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of Dana's killer. Tipsters can call the State College police at 814-234-7150 for Det. Ralston. To remain anonymous, call Centre County CrimeStoppers at 877-99-CRIME or submit an anonymous tip via the web.

WOW,hadnt heard of this case. Interesting-the Penn state connection,and the anonymous letter

I did an Intelius.com search on Janice Crum in Pennsylvania ...a couple come up, including one that has lived in Harrisburg, which is not fromLancaster. Could just be a coincidence, but..

Another strange one in State Collage, Pa.
Dana Bailey Murder

March 1987 - Sometime between March 4-5, 1987, Dana Bailey, a Penn State student and a part time waitress at the Corner Room restaurant, was murdered in her second floor apartment. She died from multiple stab wounds. Dana was a friendly, well-liked young woman who, at the time, was engaged to be married. She was from Philipsburg, PA.

The investigation revealed that the suspect was watching Dana's apartment from a building that was being remodeled. The building was located to the north of hers. The suspect gained entry to Dana's apartment through a window, which faced the surveillance point.

Hundreds of leads were investigated at that time, however the case remains unsolved.

In December 2003, an anonymous letter was received by the police. It was the first new lead in many years. The letter mentions two names but makes no further reference to the murder. No connection has been established between Dana and the names at this time. The police department is asking the author of the letter to come forward and identify themselves. It is imperative for the author to understand the importance to Dana's family and the community in solving this tragic incident.

A $30,000.00 reward is being offered for the arrest and conviction of Dana's killer. Tipsters can call the State College police at 814-234-7150 for Det. Ralston. To remain anonymous, call Centre County CrimeStoppers at 877-99-CRIME or submit an anonymous tip via the web.

In addition to police receiving an anonymous letter,the victims father also received one:
In March, 1989, Dana Bailey's father received an anonymous letter signed "Concerned Officers", implicating Rusnak in Dana's murder. As a result, the Attorney General's office conducted an investigation into the allegation. Rusnak cooperated fully with the investigation, which found no evidence to support the allegation against Rusnak

Here is another similarity to suspected Zodiac victim Cheri Jo Bates.
Six months after Bares' murder,a Riverside newspaper,the police,and Cheri Jo Bates' father all received anonynmous letters that read "bates had to die,there will be more" it was signed with a small symbol at the bottom that looked like a Z

UPDATE:

Its been a week since i wrote/emailed/faxed to the Lindy Biechler website ,the DA's office,and police dept.,telling them to at least consider Zodiac or a copycat

So far i have had exactly ZERO responses!

Thats ashamed for her family. They either think i am off my rocker,they are 2 busy with current cases,or they just dont care.

In 35 years,they havent solved it,so maybe its time to listen to somebody elses ideas.

Spoke too soon.The DA called me,i will update asap!

Nice find Julie! Dana's murder is very similar to Lindy's - stabbed in her apt, it is believed the perp was watching her beforehand and of course, the letter. Interesting.

Keep us updated on what the DA said morf! I can't believe the DA actually called you.

Morf13

Fill us in when you can, I can't believe the DA called. I would have had thousand questions.

He was a detective from the DA office. We played phone tag a bit. I am off tomorrow,and will try to reach him again. I will post what i find out.

FYI, the website for Lindy and Christy is basically run by Vince Mirack, Christy's brother. He's in the medical field so it's often hard for him to get back to you right away. He's a great guy who I've talked to a couple of times...Give him a chance and I'm sure they'll get back to you, he probably forwarded you through to the DA.

UPDATE 7/28/09
I spoke today with the DA office Detective,and we discussed some different things.

1-The Anon. letter received about Lindy was written in cursive. It was released to the public,and the original was shown in local newspapers.The bad news is that the original letter seems to have been lost by the crime lab. I am gonna go digging looking for a photo of the letter.

2- He told me that they DO have a DNA sample in Lindys case from the attack in her apartment, and that there was more than one knife used.

He also seemed to take me seriously enough to look into a Zodiac connection,and discussed that he would look into contacting Calif. authorities to compare DNA evidence.

I emailed him some photos of various Zodiac leters to look at the writing styles. May be hard since Zodiac printed and Lindy's letter writer wrote in cursive.

The detective was respectful,and seemed to take me seriously. I dont know if he tends to agree with Zodiac being a possibility, but he certainly seems willing to rule it out. I know its a longshot,but after 35 years Lindy's murder is unsolved,as is that of Zodiac's ID,so who knows?

I will keep you updated!

Can anybody enlarge this photo without distorting it? i tried but it made the words hard to read. I could make out the words LANCASTER and "general hospital". I found this photo of a complaint/ affidavit when i searched for Lindy Biechler in google images.

Attachments

• complaint-affidavit.jpg
    complaint-affidavit.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 64
It doesn't have anything to do with Lindy. It is an incident at prison between a prison guard whose name starts with a V but that is all I can make out and he had an inmate handcuffed to a bed and proceeded to mount the inmate and beat him around the face and head repeatedly causing damage to the inmates face. I see no mention of Lindy or Biechler.

That is interesting to hear what the DA had to say. It is nice to know they are still following up on tips. If the letter was released to the public why can't we find it anywhere. I have done several image searches and can't find it anywhere. We could probably find it through one of those newspaper archive sites that you have to pay for but beyond that I have had no luck. I was going to suggest since it was made public he could send you a copy but obviously he can't do that since it has disappeared. That is too bad as it was a pretty crucial piece of evidence. They might have been able to get his DNA off of the envelope flap when the person who wrote it licked it before sealing.

Good job morf13

One would think the DNA would already be in a database somewhere to compare. Then again how in the world do you lose a letter from the killer at a crime lab? Grrrr I know it happens just makes me mad.

More then one knife was use, that makes me think it was more then one person. How or why would a killer use more then one knife?

I can't get that page any bigger, I could make bits of it out and it don't seem to have anything to do with the case. Did you think it did?

. That is too bad as it was a pretty crucial piece of evidence. They might have been able to get his DNA off of the envelope flap when the person who wrote it licked it before sealing.

Thanks for reading that document, i couldnt see it clear enough. They do have the DNA, from Lindy's attack. But it would be great to see if the DNA from her killer nad the writer matched

Good job morf13

One would think the DNA would already be in a database somewhere to compare. Then again how in the world do you lose a letter from the killer at a crime lab? Grrrr I know it happens just makes me mad.

More then one knife was use, that makes me think it was more then one person. How or why would a killer use more then one knife?

I can't get that page any bigger, I could make bits of it out and it don't seem to have anything to do with the case. Did you think it did?

The only reason i thought it may have something to do with the case was because i searched google images for LINDY BIECHER and it came up. I dont know the reason about the multiple knives. The knife that was found in her neck belonged to Lindy. The other knife or knives(cant remember if he said 2 other ones or two total, sorry) were not found,and they may have been brought to the apartment by her killer. He did say that she put up quite a fight-without elaborating. He also said,again without elaborating that there was some evidence of a "sexual" attack,but i didnt push him for info,and being an open murder investigation,he probably cant say too much.

Holly Branagan was killed a good distance away from Lindy,but her killing looked similar in MO.

1-She was killed while alone in her apartment
2-Stabbed multiple times
3-No sign of rape or robbery

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member