PA - Lindy Sue Biechler, 19, fatally stabbed, Lancaster County, 5 Dec 1975 *arrest in 2022*

You know the more I think about two knifes being used the more I think this was done by more then one person. We know one of the knifes came from Lindy's home. I don't think I have ever heard of two knifes and one killer before, I'm sure its happened, but it just seems strange. It could account for the letter appearing to have been written by two people (clue).......unless this person has a serious split personality. For some reason I get the feeling whoever did this was really close by, lived in the apartment complex and found it easy to watch what was going on, he also found it easy to stalk her since he lived so close.

The fact there was more than one knife used is something I didn't know. I have heard of a single killer using more than one knife at a scene. One of the knifes was Lindy's so I wonder if he brought his own and it became bent or broke during the stabbing and he grabbed one of Lindy's knifes to finish what he started.

The fact there was more than one knife used is something I didn't know. I have heard of a single killer using more than one knife at a scene. One of the knifes was Lindy's so I wonder if he brought his own and it became bent or broke during the stabbing and he grabbed one of Lindy's knifes to finish what he started.

Lindy apparently fought hard for her life. I could see a scenario,where the killer brings his own knife to her apartment,after being stabbed,she runs to the kitchen grabbing the butcher knife,during the fight and struggle,the killer dropped his own knife,after having already stabbed her,then is able to get the butcher knife away from Lindy,using it on her.

Of course this is 100% speculation,but who knows

Thanks for reading that document, i couldnt see it clear enough. They do have the DNA, from Lindy's attack. But it would be great to see if the DNA from her killer nad the writer matched

I actually was typing up the whole document for you best I could , but, yeah, no Lindy or Biechler. Heh . Now my arm is tired.

Does this sound similar to Lindy's murder?
Meadville PA Woman
Stabbed to Death,
Killer Fires Home
Daily Courier, The 1/7/75
Mrs. Imel Kalile
age 55
stabbed and her home set on fire
Meadville police said an 8 inch knife was embedded in her chest

The fire doesnt match up,but the knife being found embedded in her chest sounded like Lindy,i am going to dig a bit more and see if this was ever solved. As you know, i am looking into the possibility that there is a connection to the Zodiac killer from Calif,in some of these PA murders. Kathleen Johns,one survivor of a POSSIBLE Zodiac attack, had her car set on fire....hmmm

By the way,there are two cities name MEADVILLE in PA. One is only 30 minutes from where Lindy was killed,the other is a few hours. I wonder which Meadville this was?:waitasec:

In an effort to view the original handwriting of the Biechler anonymous letter to police,i have been searching online newspapers. The good news,i found all of the newspaper reports on Biechler,the bad news is they are all the text,and not photos of the actual letter! :waitasec: Back to square one!

I feel for ya Morf. I spent a long time trying to find an original copy. I will be thrilled if you are able to find it but I am beginning to doubt it is out there.

Great news! I should have a copy of the letter in the mail by this weekend :dance:. Its a copy printed from microfilm at the library,so i dont know how good the quality will be. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Morf13
You are awesome!!! I do think you are on to something and I really like the connection to Richard H> I could really see him being the guy.

SOME UPDATES:

1- The Detective in charge of Lindy's case contacted me today,and requested that i send him additional info which i did. I am glad to see that he is not just closing his eyes to the possibility of the Zodiac connection to Lindy. He is going to look over everything,and may reach out to Calif. LE. Stay tuned! It may not lead to anything,but on the other hand, if there is a connection,i have to thank this great forum for finding the connection in the first place. I never would have heard of Lindy Biechler if it wasnt for this forum!

2-Still playing phone tag with Lindy's Brother. We have very different schedules,and he overseas in the military. He said he has alot of info on Lindy's case,and will pass it along to me.

3- As i said yesterday, i should have a copy of a copy(may not be the best quality) of microfilm showing the original letter sent to police by the person claiming to be Lindy's killer. I also will be getting my own 1st generation copy from my library within the next 2 weeks. If anyone here doesnt want to wait,and wants to post it sooner,check out your local library's microfilm. You will find the letter in the 12/6/2000 edition of the LANCASTER NEW ERA newspaper.

UPDATE:
I received the photo copy of the Lindy Biechler letter sent by someone claiming to be her killer,and the bad news is the quality is bad,so bad its not worth posting here. I hope to obtain a better copy from the library,or possibly from Lindy's brother when i catch up with him.

UPDATE:
Heard back from the Detective on Lindy Biechler's case. He and others looked at the various writings of confirmed and unconfirmed Zodiac letters.They are of the opinion that the Biechler letter writer is not the same writer as the Zodiac letters. I dont know if any of these people are handwriting experts.I myself want to see the Biechler letter for myself.
Also,he DID get ahold of LE in Calif. regarding some info that I,along with AKWILKS passed along to him regarding the Zodiac case. It will be interesting to see what comes from that. Stay tuned!

Some updates on the PA cases.

Biechler case- I spoke to Lindy's brother Michael, finally! We shared some info and thoughts, and he is going to send me some materials he has collected on the case,so that i can look thru it, and see if there are any Z clues.We also discussed the possibility of meeting up in PA, maybe in the next month or two, when he comes back from military duty. We can sit down, and he said i could fill him in on how her case mirrors many things in the Zodiac case. He also said, maybe we could try to meet up with the Detective in the case. Sounds like a plan, and I am looking forward to it, its only two and a half hours from me.

Sorry for asking this in Lindy's thread....
All these stories are so sad :(
I was reading the link that was posted at the beginning of this thread
and i was wondering if there is also a websleuths thread for Christy Mirack...
and also if there is one for this Laurie Show that was mentioned in this article....
http://lindyandchristy.com/articlesstories05.html
Thanks guys...

and also if there is one for this Laurie Show that was mentioned in this article....
Thanks guys...

I forget,but there IS a facebook page

Thanks guys...

Laurie Show was murdered in her home 12/1991 her killers (two females) were caught and now in prison for life.

I think Lindy's murder has nothing to do with Zodiac. It seems everytime there is an unsolved murder, he is the all purpose boogeyman and I think people need to just let it go.
What I think is that Lindy was terrified of her murderer and I think she knew who he was. I definitely think that it was the same man peeking at her outside her apartment. Was her apt on the ground floor?
I am also surprised that she was married at 19. That seems so young. Was that normal back then? Whatever happened to her husband?
Why did no one ever ask Lindy who she thought was following her and why.
Being from PA and raised near Lancaster, I am shocked this happened there, but not really. Lancaster and Stroudsberg have always given me the spooks for some reason.

I always got the impression Lindy's family were being complacent with her but secretly they thought she was either suffering from paranoia or some other mental illness. Lindy's intuition turned out to be right. Her story has always resonated with me. It is just incredibly creepy. She thinks she sees a man standing in the bushes watching her ( that is creepy enough), then she becomes certain he is following her, watching her and she becomes terrified to be alone. He is patient and waits for his chance to strike. The letter sent to LE just adds another layer of mystery.

Not sure why, but I get the feeling that Lindy's killer hasn't killed anyone else other than her. I think this man was focused intently on her

I always got the impression Lindy's family were being complacent with her but secretly they thought she was either suffering from paranoia or some other mental illness. Lindy's intuition turned out to be right. Her story has always resonated with me. It is just incredibly creepy. She thinks she sees a man standing in the bushes watching her ( that is creepy enough), then she becomes certain he is following her, watching her and she becomes terrified to be alone. He is patient and waits for his chance to strike. The letter sent to LE just adds another layer of mystery.

I think you are way off on this. I have spoken to her Brother on a few occasions, and dont think that is the case at all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back