GUILTY MO - Eddie Salazar, 8 months, Carthage, 4 February 2010

Rest peacefully dear little one and may justice be swift and severe.

You are with a Father who will REALLY love you now. Enjoy your new home, Eddie. I am so sorry you were treated so badly here on earth.

No, Blonde , you are not alone. My son was given to me by a blessing from God when I was 36 years old. No other children, just him. I would KILL anyone who would harm him. I just don't understand this epidemic of child killers, but I CAN understand those who kill child killers. Sorry for being so not "politically correct" but this has to stop! God has you now, Eddie, have a blessed eternity!

I know exactly how you feel, PMLsmom...my blessing was given to me 20 years ago and I, too, would kill anyone who would ever harm him. No questions asked. He is my only child and has survived cancer during the past three years. I am so thankful to have him that it brings tears to my eyes just typing these words. I am so very lucky to have him.

My late mom used to say that "life just isn't precious anymore" and, sadly, it's truer now than ever. This story would break her heart as it has mine. I can at least picture Eddie Jr. in heaven with my mom's loving arms wrapped around him.

"Friends say Eddie Salazar Jr. had just started to crawl and loved playing with the family dog. Despite the hope that little Eddie, or Nanito as his family called him, would come back safely to his home in Carthage, the search ended sadly."

"Investigators say Salazar changed his story from masked men stealing his baby to giving them the name of a suspect.

"After an extremely thorough investigation of this person, I am confident that he is not involved," Dagnan said.

Investigators say Salazar admitted he was not truthful.

"At this point, it does appear that (Salazar Sr.) was in the area, in a vehicle, that night," he said.

Friends say Salazar was always loving towards his son, and had a job with a tree service. They say, despite his criminal past, he was trying to change his life."

Whatever about trying to change his life! He tossed his baby in Spring River ffs.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/83727282.html

"Friends say Eddie Salazar Jr. had just started to crawl and loved playing with the family dog. Despite the hope that little Eddie, or Nanito as his family called him, would come back safely to his home in Carthage, the search ended sadly."

"Investigators say Salazar changed his story from masked men stealing his baby to giving them the name of a suspect.

"After an extremely thorough investigation of this person, I am confident that he is not involved," Dagnan said.

Investigators say Salazar admitted he was not truthful.

"At this point, it does appear that (Salazar Sr.) was in the area, in a vehicle, that night," he said.

Friends say Salazar was always loving towards his son, and had a job with a tree service. They say, despite his criminal past, he was trying to change his life."

Whatever about trying to change his life! He tossed his baby in Spring River ffs.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/83727282.html

"It tears your heart out"

yes, it does Sheriff Dunn :(

We don't get used to it either.

I hope with him being found so quickly, and with it being so cold, the ME will be able to determine a cause of death.

This just hurts my soul. I'm a mother who has lost a child, I can certainly feel this mothers pain. I need more details to let this one rest in my head. The details dont ever justify hurting a child, or killing your baby...EVER! I just need to understand "why" this happened to this innocent little child. I obviously wasnt allowed to join in this search, which told me what I already suspected...we weren't going to find a kidnapped baby. Simply heartbreaking and much too close to home for me. Rest now Angel, your Father will hold you for eternity in His gentle embrace. You know know what love truly is.

Carthage residents react to baby’s death
(February 07, 2010 07:37 pm)

The Rev. Steven Wilson of Grace Episcopal Church, which has about 100 Hispanic members, said Sunday that he thought Carthage residents were still in shock.

“I don’t think the community has had enough time to digest the situation,” he said. “(We) ask ourselves how this can happen in a town we think is very Norman Rockwell.”
Wilson said people need to remember that “evil and tragedy are not the exclusive” elements of any particular social or ethnic group.

“We need to be quick to offer prayers and slow to offer opinions,” he said.

and more at
http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_038203759.html

mimimama5.....

I am so sorry that you lost a child....there just aren't words to express how sorry I am to hear that....

It's so damned unfair how some of these little babies end up with total loser parents who don't want them. And so many of us would love to nurture and cherish these little ones.

I will never understand it....

<snip>

Police believed the break-in and abduction story for more than 24 hours, but neighbors say they always thought there was a loophole in that story.

The next door neighbor told me the night the baby disappeared, Salazar backed his car into the garage, something they'd never seen before.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/83776152.html

No, Blonde , you are not alone. My son was given to me by a blessing from God when I was 36 years old. No other children, just him. I would KILL anyone who would harm him. I just don't understand this epidemic of child killers, but I CAN understand those who kill child killers. Sorry for being so not "politically correct" but this has to stop! God has you now, Eddie, have a blessed eternity!

hey we might be soulmates lol j/k
but agree with you a 100 percet about those who kill child killers.....

Okay, I am getting SO SICK of this . So many people dying at the hand of others. What about "keep your hands to yourself" do people NOT UNDERSTAND???

R.I.P Eddie :rose:

I hope You and Aveion are running around playing and watching cartoons... becoming the best of friends.

I don't understand why these men are just being charged with filing false police reports.. even after the child has been found deceased. If you lied to police and told them your child was kidnapped, then the baby is found near your home... This is the second time this week we've seen this same lame story... (Aveion Lewis had the same fate too..) And the 3rd time in a month.. (Marc Bookal is still missing..) Where parents have claimed their child wandered off or they were kidnapped. The charges should include: Filing a false police report, child endangerment, 1st degree murder, improper disposal of a body, and whatever else they can come up with to make these people rot in prison. :banghead: jmo.

I think that much more serious charges will be forthcoming once autopsies are completed and a cause of death is determined. I think that is what the holdup is.

Bless these babies, it is just so sad.... :(

Salem

Prosecutor: Charges likely by Tuesday in Salazar baby death
(February 08, 2010 12:17 pm)

The Jasper County Prosecutor Dean Dankelson said investigators are awaiting autopsy results before filing further charges against the boy&#8217;s 29-year-old father, also named Eddie Salazar. The father is currently charged with making a false report to law-enforcement officers.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_039131734.html

Or, maybe not Tuesday:

Preliminary autopsy results could take two weeks in Salazar case
Mon Feb 08, 2010, 04:22 PM CST

CARTHAGE, Mo. -
Preliminary results from the autopsy of the body of little Eddie Salazar Jr. could take two weeks to come back from the Boone County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office in Columbia.

Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan said the autopsy was finished as of 4 p.m. but the medical examiner&#8217;s office told him they wanted to run some specialized tests that could take two weeks to complete.

It was unclear at 4 p.m. whether this would delay the filing of charges in the eight-month-old baby&#8217;s death because Dagnan had not relayed this information to Jasper County Prosecutor Dean Dankelson.

Dankelson said earlier on Monday that he expected preliminary results on Tuesday and anticipated filing charges then.

http://www.carthagepress.com/news/x...-results-could-take-two-weeks-in-Salazar-case

R.I.P Eddie :rose:

I hope You and Aveion are running around playing and watching cartoons... becoming the best of friends.

I don't understand why these men are just being charged with filing false police reports.. even after the child has been found deceased. If you lied to police and told them your child was kidnapped, then the baby is found near your home... This is the second time this week we've seen this same lame story... (Aveion Lewis had the same fate too..) And the 3rd time in a month.. (Marc Bookal is still missing..) Where parents have claimed their child wandered off or they were kidnapped. The charges should include: Filing a false police report, child endangerment, 1st degree murder, improper disposal of a body, and whatever else they can come up with to make these people rot in prison. :banghead: jmo.

More serious charges are coming, guaranteed. The autopsy must be performed and results posted before charges for murder will be assigned. I know, JLM, that it is so difficult and we want the offender to pay for this senseless act of violence against an innocent child (I feel exactly the same!) I want to just cry, imagining the poor baby's last moments.
Unfortunately, the criminal justice system wheels turn slowly, and it is probably a good thing so a complete investigation and prosecution case can be amassed.
I feel helpless, and wonder what can we do as a society to stop this cycle of violence.:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back