GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is parked oddly though. At least from this angle it looks like to park in that spot the driver would have had to pull in and then back up. It doesn't look like they just pulled in as there would have been more space between the tree and the car IMO. Maybe an attempt to shield the car from passersby a little? IMO not the way you would pull in if you had car trouble or were pulling over for a LE imitator.

I completely agree with you! Besides that it looks to me as if the car was hit by another car and damaged, but I might be wrong.

Attachments

• 423missing edited.JPG
    423missing edited.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 59
I completely agree with you! Besides that it looks to me as if the car was hit by another car and damaged, but I might be wrong.

Maybe someone purposefully bumped into Krista's car and when she got out to talk to them about it, she was forced into the aductor's car?

There was just a Criminal Minds episode that mimics this!!!! A man was kidnapping Mothers, and leaving the babies safely in cars, unharmed. I think it was last week or the week before. Strange coincidence....

I am Praying that she will get to go home to her baby.... So sad :banghead:

Was it a new episode, or a rerun? I am by no means a devoted Criminal Minds watcher, mostly have only seen Season 5... but I wondered about other details like the flashers being on, the engine being running... things like that. So I thought I'd pull it up. If you are a regular watcher you could tell me if it was a newer episode based on who is and is not in the episode.

Well to me that looks like a body of water she is parked next to. There are a couple of things that look odd to me.
1. The car is parked almost parallel to the water and seems off the road. If she was pulling over for someone she thought was a Sheriff or LE would she pull off the road that far?

2. Wish we had a view of the other side of the car. If another car is involved surely with that sort of wet snow a tire print would be evident.

Initially I thought it was a pond, but I've since decided that is a road. I doubt that someone walked out into water to take that picture. More likely they're standing on the road.

I don't see any damage to the car... just reflections at the front and back. I do however see a curved tire track near that front wheel. And the snow is very clean around the car, but the side we're seeing seems to have mud splash all over it (like vehicles that drove past it on a wet road might do).

Now what is that on the ground in front of tree on the right?

Initially I thought it was a pond, but I've since decided that is a road. I doubt that someone walked out into water to take that picture. More likely they're standing on the road.

I don't see any damage to the car... just reflections at the front and back. I do however see a curved tire track near that front wheel. And the snow is very clean around the car, but the side we're seeing seems to have mud splash all over it (like vehicles that drove past it on a wet road might do).

Now what is that on the ground in front of tree on the right?

I agree, that looks more like a reflection, but it could be a dent. Not much of one, however.

It looks to me like whoever was driving the car pulled in to the front left parking space in that lot. I think the very white space in front of the car is the dirt or grass in front of the lot, not part of the lot. I don't think the snow on the camera side is dirty, I think it just hasn't completely covered the grass and mud on this side. Snow starts to accumulate at different rates on different surfaces -- fastest on something cold like grass or old snow, more slowly on wet mud, and sometimes not at all on wet pavement.

In front of the tree, those look like stakes that mark the side of the road in winter, so the snowplow can see where to plow. By spring most of them are broken and shoved aside, wherever the snowplow ridge happened to melt, like the one lying sideways and pointing out of the picture. The police appear to have added the orange striped one to hold the crime scene tape, or maybe just spray-painted an existing one. It looks like there's also some other sand and rubbish, maybe rocks?

The dirt beside the pavement in the foreground that looks like a beach is the layer of sand that remains after a whole winter of icy roads.

Was it a new episode, or a rerun? I am by no means a devoted Criminal Minds watcher, mostly have only seen Season 5... but I wondered about other details like the flashers being on, the engine being running... things like that. So I thought I'd pull it up. If you are a regular watcher you could tell me if it was a newer episode based on who is and is not in the episode.

It was the new spin off, "Criminal Minds, Suspect Behavoir". This is the first season, and there have only been a few episodes. However in the show, the woman were taken from in town, like a shopping mall parking lot, and a busy street. But still earily similar!

I think the abduction took place other than the cars current location based on the drivers seat being pushed back to a position that would not be comfortable to a person of the missing woman's physical stature. Was the child in a car seat (located in the back seat)?I noticed the passenger seat was back as far as the drivers'(maybe abductor was passenger first, then later drove the car to current location). That would mean a second vehicle and person would be involved.
It was previously noted that the snow didn't start to fall until later in the afternoon of the day the car was found.It was also noted that the door was "open" (does that mean unlocked or not closed )? The interior light would have been on if not closed.
ps thanx for the welcome !!

I think the abduction took place other than the cars current location based on the drivers seat being pushed back to a position that would not be comfortable to a person of the missing woman's physical stature. Was the child in a car seat (located in the back seat)?I noticed the passenger seat was back as far as the drivers'(maybe abductor was passenger first, then later drove the car to current location). That would mean a second vehicle and person would be involved.
It was previously noted that the snow didn't start to fall until later in the afternoon of the day the car was found.It was also noted that the door was "open" (does that mean unlocked or not closed )? The interior light would have been on if not closed.
ps thanx for the welcome !!

I have no idea what type of car Krista was driving but in our car we have the option to turn the interior light off so it doesn't turn on with an open door. With kids that sometimes don't shut the door tightly, it is safer for us to have the light turned off than risk a dead battery from a door not shutting tightly!

Someone else who posted here made mention of "Maura M." That's what first came into my mind when I heard about Krista. The circumstances are similar in my recollection except for the presence of a baby. I haven't check out the distance between where Maura's car and Krista's car were found, but I believe the two locations are roughly 40 miles apart on an east-west line. There appears to be damage to Krista's car on the left front, but I forget where the damage was on Maura's car, but a key element in Maura's case was the damage to her car. Can someone here verify the similarities and differences for me, please?

We think that whoever left the infant in the car did so to convince Krista to come with that person--even to the extent of leaving the car running and the flashers on. Abducting a woman is one thing, killing an infant is something else; we also believe this person or persons used the child as leverage; in return for the infant's safety, the mother went with the person or persons without resistance. To us, this scenario would be the most logical, especially for the safety of the child. We haven't heard that the child has any injury, abuse, or marks. Is this perhaps a case where a new mother thought to give her own life in exchange for the safety of her child?

There was just a Criminal Minds episode that mimics this!!!! A man was kidnapping Mothers, and leaving the babies safely in cars, unharmed. I think it was last week or the week before. Strange coincidence....

I am Praying that she will get to go home to her baby.... So sad :banghead:

Please tell me this isn't some sick copy-cat crime.

Someone else who posted here made mention of "Maura M." That's what first came into my mind when I heard about Krista. The circumstances are similar in my recollection except for the presence of a baby. I haven't check out the distance between where Maura's car and Krista's car were found, but I believe the two locations are roughly 40 miles apart on an east-west line. There appears to be damage to Krista's car on the left front, but I forget where the damage was on Maura's car, but a key element in Maura's case was the damage to her car. Can someone here verify the similarities and differences for me, please?

We think that whoever left the infant in the car did so to convince Krista to come with that person--even to the extent of leaving the car running and the flashers on. Abducting a woman is one thing, killing an infant is something else; we also believe this person or persons used the child as leverage; in return for the infant's safety, the mother went with the person or persons without resistance. To us, this scenario would be the most logical, especially for the safety of the child. We haven't heard that the child has any injury, abuse, or marks. Is this perhaps a case where a new mother thought to give her own life in exchange for the safety of her child?

That's what it sounds like to me. The abductor could have told Krista that she's coming with him, and if she refuses to get in his car, he will kill both her and her child. Or perhaps Krista just begged him to just take her, and to leave her child there.

I posted the case of Gail Shollar above, who was abducted and murdered from the parking lot of a mall and her child was unharmed so there have been cases where the mom was killed and her child wasn't, although the murderer could have easily killed the child too. I'm not sure what the motive was in Gail's case, but she was raped too, so perhaps her murder was to cover up her rape?

If Krista was kidnapped by some bold sexual predator who wants to show his "control" over women, he might not have taken her child because he doesn't have the interest in raping the baby like he has the interest in raping Krista. In prison, child rapists are at the bottom of the totem pole; even other murderers find them despicable.

I don't like that I'm so pessimistic so early, but Krista's case does remind me a lot of Gail's case. My theory right now is that Krista was kidnapped by some predator who is a complete stranger to her, and he has already murdered her. I really don't think she left on her own and I wish her case was getting more publicity and activity here on WS.

Hey guys
I live about an hour away from where Krista was. :(
It feels so weird for it to happen close to you. It always seems like it happens near someone else in a different state. Not YOUR state you live in. :(
Anyway, I just heard about Krista on my local news (WMUR) tonight for the first time and was glad to see people already were talking about it.
And yes. we woke up to snow yesterday, even not in the mountains.
I feel so sad and scared for her if she was forced to leave her baby. I can't imagine. I don't even know the words to say.
I hope she us found safe quickly and am so glad the baby was kept safe.

It was the new spin off, "Criminal Minds, Suspect Behavoir". This is the first season, and there have only been a few episodes. However in the show, the woman were taken from in town, like a shopping mall parking lot, and a busy street. But still earily similar!

Please tell me this isn't some sick copy-cat crime.

If it makes you feel any better... I don't think so....

In the episode, there was no flashers turned on, no engine left running, the door to the vehicle wasn't even shut to try and keep the baby safe. They were all in public places.

The episode had very specific characteristics. For one thing there was no sexual assault. It wasn't about that... it was a psychological thing. The bodies were very well cared for and posed. It was very atypical compared to the cases we typically see.

So obviously if it is a copycat crime then we should be able to tell if they find Krista. I still think it is more likely to be someone closer to Krista, though it could be a stranger. But I always like to look if there is a similar case on a crime show.

For anyone interested... here is the episode in question:

Part 1 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aje5k587wVw&feature=related

Part 2 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4YngBJknzk&feature=related

Part 3 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x_QGs9mpJk&feature=related

For the record... Criminal Minds just is not the same without Agent Morgan and the others. At least they kept Garcia... :innocent:

OMG, watching the GMA coverage of this right now. First I had heard of this case. My first reaction, I just watched this scenerio play out on Criminal Minds last week!

Prayers for this young mother, her child who must miss mommy and her family who must be worried sick.

There's a good chance Mom will never know the fate of her baby girl..I feel, sadly, that will be the end result..I can't even imagine what thoughts were going thru her head..Anything could've happened to her daughter left alone in that running car..I can think of some really 'scary' scenarios so I'm sure she could & did too..This is the worst kind of torture & I can't (& don't) praise the perp for being 'good' enough not to harm the baby..I hope they're caught & when the time comes this angle is taken into consideration during trial & by the jury that decides this SOB's fate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member