IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other people of interest are believed to be male students who confronted CR when he and Spierer arrived at her building about 2:30 a.m. from a local bar.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-11-lauren-spierer-investigation-dna_n.htm

Wonder if any of these individuals also showed up at CR's apartment building 2 days later to confront him (according to one of the attorneys, I believe).

There's a reason not to insert yourself into cases---could wind up on a POI list. Personally, I don't believe in this, even in the name of so-called justice (group of individuals going to possible POIs to verbally or otherwise confront them in the name of justice). That's what LE and other legitimate, organized groups are for. Ah, youth. MOO

I presume they had no way of knowing she would go missing and they were inserting themselves into a case.

I think she might be talking about going to Rossman's apartment 2 days later, AFTER Lauren's been missing.

If they were involved in altercation they would have become POIs whether they went to CR's apartment 2 days later or not.

Just to say this again: ALL these kids are east coast Jewish kids... It's an EXTREMELY tight knit community as they have been going to camps, temple, together all their lives.

I am Jewish from São Paulo, Brazil. I'm 24. I have a few Jewish American friends in NYC and most of those friends are friends in common on facebook with a lot of Lauren's friends. This is how TIGHT and connected this community is.

The friend who also is friends with JW/JR/MB is NOT an "East coast jewish kid" he was a friend of LS, presumably from the area they grew up. Lauren grew up in a fairly small, affluent community in Westchester. He is from there as well/went to school there/ is now at IU. Obviously I won't name him as he has not been named in the news/has nothing to do with this other than the fact that his profile pic led me to click and find out the common connections. Curious if that friend lives in the same building as the boys n

Just wondering if there are any individuals who participated in the second confrontation as well as the first one. If so, in my mind, that's inserting one's self.

Just wondering if there are any individuals who participated in the second confrontation as well as the first one. If so, in my mind, that's inserting one's self.

If they went to confront him it suggests to me they don't know what had happened to her and are thinking that maybe CR knows something.

If they went to confront him it suggests to me they don't know what had happened to her and are thinking that maybe CR knows something.

Absolutely. Just don't agree with young college kids doing so (the supposed second confrontation). That's what LE, LS's parents, etc. are for. That's how things can often spin out of control or become more complicated.

And Jesse, the boyfriend, DEFINETLY changed his name on facebook. Really weird. But I guess he's entitled to privacy.

I saw that today too. He still pops up for me though when I search JW.
I hope there are some clues soon as to what happened. Her poor family. :(

here's link to video from news station that went to the Wolff family home in Port Washington. Reporter said "No one answered. However, no more than a minute later a Porsche blasted out of a compact garage and sped towards a PIX11 photographer. The male driver steered toward the photographer before swerving at the last second."

The reporter said the license plate said "wolfman". Not sure how it was spelled. Interesting behavior if this was a relative of JW...seems likely it was by the license plate.
link:
http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-new-developments-missing-coed,0,1000716.story?track=rss

Interesting behavior if this was a relative of JW

If it is a relative of JW, they've probably had their phones ringing at home and work around the clock, and there have probably been reporters knocking on the door at all hours. I think anyone in that situation would be hard pressed to maintain their rationality.

If it is a relative of JW, they've probably had their phones ringing at home and work around the clock, and there have probably been reporters knocking on the door at all hours. I think anyone in that situation would be hard pressed to maintain their rationality.

I'm sure they've been hounded by reporters but at the end of the day a young lady is missing, and I just think that shows a lack of impulse control. It would be one thing to tear out of there in a hurry, but the way he drove towards the reporters is just disturbing.

I don't get it. I have American's Most Wanted on right now but it is showing a case from Los Angeles CA. Maybe Lauren's case will be on the 2nd half of the show?

I don't get it. I have American's Most Wanted on right now but it is showing a case from Los Angeles CA. Maybe Lauren's case will be on the 2nd half of the show?

The segment just completed. It was only approximately 3 minutes in length...

Just to say this again: ALL these kids are east coast Jewish kids... It's an EXTREMELY tight knit community as they have been going to camps, temple, together all their lives.

I am Jewish from São Paulo, Brazil. I'm 24. I have a few Jewish American friends in NYC and most of those friends are friends in common on facebook with a lot of Lauren's friends. This is how TIGHT and connected this community is.

This is a 2nd post I've seen regarding ethnoreligious implication. Could someone please explain to me what being "Jewish" has to do with this case? Have I missed something?

The segment just completed. It was only approximately 3 minutes in length...

I knew it would be short...what can they really say? They aren't asking America to look out for a suspect, and they can only show her picture and tell where she was last seen...

Can someone straighten this out for me?

The last time she was caught on video was walking from her apart. with CR to his apartment at 3:00am.

When she left at approx. 4:15 she was not caught on video? Was she supposedly taking the alley home, the same alley she was caught on video earlier, or was she taking a different path home?

I know college kids get used to their surroundings and walking everywhere; but familiar or not, nothing could get me to walk in an alley surrounded with bushes on each side, not very lit, by myself at 4:15.

Not sure if this link has been posted...

http://www.wthr.com/story/14862036/police-take-battering-ram-to-missing-womans-apartment-building

The Jewish community here at IU is HUGE. Over 10% of the student population is Jewish. They commonly hang out in close knit cliques and many live in the Smallwood area. Not to stereotype, but the Jewish population in the downtown area of Bloomington is notorious for partying--drinking, smoking pot, popping pills, snorting coke, etc. They're also often from the East Coast and have known each other for years because of Jewish camps and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, many are great students and members of the community. Also, there is an off-campus Jewish fraternity...many of its members live in the Smallwood area. I'm almost positive that JW is in that fraternity and JR may be a member (based on mutual friends and photos on facebook). I know that MB and CR are NOT members of the frat. Not sure if this helps any, but it kinda puts perspective on the social scene of LS's group of friends.

I haven't heard anyone come out and say that Lauren would never have walked alone at 4am...so perhaps no one was surprised by her wanting to do so, if she did. Usually parents and friends would be saying that there would be no way she would do that.

I haven't heard anyone come out and say that Lauren would never have walked alone at 4am...so perhaps no one was surprised by her wanting to do so, if she did. Usually parents and friends would be saying that there would be no way she would do that.

It's one of the top "party schools." It appears to be not uncommon for the students to walk all hours of the night to and from bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member