CA CA - Johnnie Herrera, 20, Oxnard, 27 Aug 1971

CarlK90245 was nice enough to do a photo overlay of Johnnie's picture with the reconstruction of the John Doe found in 1979 in New Jersey.

Johnnie Herrera - YouTube

Most of the features line up almost perfectly.

so i went ahead and sent over johnnies info to the njsp against the unidentified
john doe i told the lady who i hope is still on the case that i was from websleuths.com and i also sent her the youtube link and told her this might be a match hopefully she will get back to me

Thanks, but I already sent this in as a possible match about a month ago and they said they'd look into it.

Next month marks the 41st anniversary of Johnnie's disappearance.

I was thinking of making a website for Johnnie, similar to what one member here did for Roger Ellison from Colorado. Does anyone think this is a good idea to reach people who may have information or who simply want to help?

Bump. Today would have been Johnnie's late wife Annette's birthday. She would have been 59. RIP Annette.

Johnnie has been missing 41 years today.

Bump. Johnnie's identical twin brother Joe made the missing persons report 41 years ago today.

Bump. Johnnie's identical twin brother Joe made the missing persons report 41 years ago today.
I agree about the party, etc. Is the record from investigating detective ever been made public? Don't know about California. Is there a FOIA for criminal records from the 70s?
Such a truly off & odd case:
So few people interviewed
Only one person reported missing
Car never recovered
That peculiar detective & LE interaction
We have absolutely nothing to go on...
Did the photo overlay get anywhere? NJ is so very far from California.
Has his brother contacted you from the FB request?
This case really is toiling in the haystack...
No interviews w/ his son, Jr??

I agree about the party, etc. Is the record from investigating detective ever been made public? Don't know about California. Is there a FOIA for criminal records from the 70s?
Such a truly off & odd case:
So few people interviewed
Only one person reported missing
Car never recovered
That peculiar detective & LE interaction
We have absolutely nothing to go on...
Did the photo overlay get anywhere? NJ is so very far from California.
Has his brother contacted you from the FB request?
This case really is toiling in the haystack...
No interviews w/ his son, Jr??

I never got a FB response from the brother. Johnnie Jr. was only ten months old when his father went missing, so I doubt he would have any information.

kraft score card listed portland on it number 16 no name associated with it other than portland

these are the poeple who went missing from ore

these are the people who went missing from ore in the mid to late 70s

Brian Joseph Page, 16, Salem, portland, 12 Jan 1975 he is the spotlight case right now on ws

John Haywood Barretoary 20, 1977 from Lake Oswego, Clackamas County, Oregon - but according to his family he was living in florida at the time he went missing so i am not sure why doe has him missing from ore

Jay Calvin Pringle
Missing since April 19, 1977 from Medford, Jackson County, Oregon. but he went missing in california hooked up with an unknown man could have been kraft and he named him portland cuz its the big city in ore

Edward Chester Nye
Missing since June 22, 1978 from Prospect, Jackson County, Oregon camping with a church group left to go fishing vanished

Randall Dean Leach
Missing since November 6, 1980 from Bend, Deschutes County, Oregon.
Classification: Missing last seen in idaho

John Haywood Barretoary 20, 1977 from Lake Oswego, Clackamas County, Oregon - but according to his family he was living in florida at the time he went missing so i am not sure why doe has him missing from ore

I've noticed a lot of inconsistency about where missing people are listed. College students might be listed in their home town or in the college town, people who are traveling might be said to be missing from their starting point, the destination point, their home town...

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're all getting at.

I think they've posted in the wrong thread. Portland is nowhere near Oxnard.

ETA: I meant smile22, not Carbuff. Sorry I wasn't clear.

I'm not getting at anything -- just pointing out that often in the missing persons reports there are discrepancies. I didn't realize the post was in the wrong thread. Hey Carl, can you clean up, please? It's supposed to be in the Randy Kraft thread, I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back