GUILTY Australia - Lateesha Nolan, 24, Dubbo NSW, 4 Jan 2005

I hope they find this guy and he has some answers so that Lateesha's family can have some closure and some peace. Prayers for this family.

Bree, have you contacted any of the moderators or admin here at Websleuths about why your friend can't get in? Let us know what's going on girl.

Its possible when registering that the search for his email showed something odd.

Or simply that he did not reply to the email confirmation email.

Bre if you can have him email Chico she can help:)

no not a hoax i am lateesha dad and i dont know why i coulden,t get access to this site it was somethink i was doing wrong i now have access and thank you for your intress in the disappearance of my daughter
blueclouds said:
OK??? A hoax then? Is that why her "dad" cannot gain access on WS because he's blocked? Dont understand this. Goodness. :doh:

mick peet said:
no not a hoax i am lateesha dad and i dont know why i coulden,t get access to this site it was somethink i was doing wrong i now have access and thank you for your intress in the disappearance of my daughter

Mick, welcome to Websleuths. Please let us know what we can do to help your family.

At long last well done Mick!!lol It will certainly end the confusion of me posting things for you!!

I am hoping and praying that something will turn up in the new year to give you answers and some closure to this situation. Maybe now the weathers hot and more people are out and about they may be more sightings of Malcom and his travelling partner.
Did you find out who in fact this person was in terms of does he have a record? I see the jury came back with a gulity verdict in the Peter Falconio murder, I personally think Murdoch did it , they are saying he may have thought that Falconio and Lees were watching his drug running activities or he thought Lees was alone, although he got off with raping that mother and young daughter down South I think they got it wrong that time ..........

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=75133
I have added the link for our USA posters

thanks bree ,now im working on getting some media attention as its comming up to 12 months since lateesha,s disapperance

mick peet said:

I just wanted to say that I can understand your feelings about the grandchildren and Christmas and how hard it is...especially that first Christmas without mom and your daughter.

My daughter was murder Sept 27th of 1993. She left a little 4 yr old daughter behind. That first Christmas was so hard. I didn't feel like shopping but I had to because of the grandkids...6 of them then. I was raising my daughter's 4 yr old. Kids expect Christmas even though we would rather just blank it out the first few years. We kind of went overboard that first year and the kids were excited but I look at the Christmas pictures from that year and my little grandaughter just looks so sad in every picture...her eyes were just so emotionless...depression.

As grandparents all we can do is to try and make Christmas as good as we are capable of doing and just get through it. My heart goes out to you. I wish LE could find your daughter so that you might find a little peace. I'm sorry that you and your family have had to go through such a horrible nightmare. My prayers are with you all.

I'm am sorry Bobbi about your daughter ,life can be horrible in so many ways , you are right all we can do is try and make christmas as good as we can for the young ones , all they want is for mum to be there , its so hard i just cant tell them them that mum won,t be there. thanks for your prayers and merry christmas to all

sounds very promising Mick!

He is also wanted in relation to an act of indecency on a child in 2004, and for questioning over the disappearance of Lateesha Nolan earlier this year.
what is the story on the child Mick?
Its the first I have heard of this , I only hope you get your wish granted very soon to find out the truth as to what happened to Lateesha

the latest on the hunt for malcom naden
Manhunt in the zoo
[size=-1]NEWS.com.au, Australia - 10 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]By Andrew Carswell. DESPITE fears a suspected murderer is hiding within the grounds, Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo, NSW will reopen to the public today. ... [/size]
Where the wild things are: murder hunt closes zoo
[size=-1]Sydney Morning Herald, Australia - 11 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]By Jordan Baker, Kelly Burke and Edmund Tadros. HE does not sound like a man easily spooked, so it may have seemed the perfect spot ... [/size]
Murder suspect still at large
[size=-1]Australian, Australia - 16 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]By David Crawshaw and Amy Fallon. A MASSIVE police search has failed to locate a suspected murderer believed to be hiding in Dubbo's Western Plains Zoo. ... [/size]
Cops search Dubbo zoo for murder suspect
[size=-1]The Age, Australia - 19 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]Police are searching for suspected murderer Malcolm Naden after a reported sighting of the fugitive in Dubbo's Western Plains Zoo. ... [/size]
Police close zoo
[size=-1]Melbourne Herald Sun, Australia - 23 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]Officers won't comment on the nature of the investigation, but say the zoo has been shut for the day. Streets around the zoo have ... [/size]
Zoo closed for 'murder hunt'
[size=-1]Australian, Australia - 23 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]DUBBI'S Western Plains Zoo has been closed to the public as police conduct investigations in the area. Police today refused to confirm ... [/size]
Search At Western Plains Zoo – Dubbo
[size=-1]NSW Police Online, Australia - 13 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]Police from the Orana Local Area Command have completed their search of the Western Plains Zoo at Dubbo today. The search was initiated ... [/size]
Police hunt murder suspect in Australian Zoo
[size=-1]Pravda, Russia - 14 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]Dozens of police hunted through an Australian zoo Friday after being tipped off that a murder suspect may have been hiding out among the animals. ... [/size]
Police search for murder suspect
[size=-1]Lightning Ridge News, Australia - Dec 21, 2005[/size]
[size=-1]Homicide detectives from across the State descended on Grawin last week in a large-scale operation to catch a suspected murderer believed to be hiding in the ... [/size]
Help sought to find fugitive
[size=-1]Dubbo Daily Liberal, Australia - Dec 21, 2005[/size]
[size=-1]Police have once again called on the public to help them find Dubbo fugitive Malcolm Naden who is wanted in relation to the murder of Kristy Scholes and the ... [/size]
No sign of man in zoo search
[size=-1]Brisbane Courier Mail, Australia - 7 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]A WIDE police search has failed to locate a suspected murderer believed to be hiding at Dubbo's Western Plains Zoo. The world-famous ... [/size]
Manhunt in the zoo
[size=-1]Daily Telegraph, Australia - 10 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]By ANDREW CARSWELL. DESPITE fears a suspected murderer is hiding within the grounds, Dubbo's Western Plains Zoo will reopen to the public today. ... [/size]
Zoo search fails to find murder suspect
[size=-1]The Age, Australia - 16 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]A massive police search has failed to locate a suspected murderer believed to be hiding in Dubbo's Western Plains Zoo. The world ... [/size]
Manhunt: police close zoo
[size=-1]Sydney Morning Herald, Australia - 19 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]By Edmund Tadros. Dubbo's Western Plains Zoo was closed to the public today as police searched for suspected double murderer Malcolm Naden. ... [/size]
Dubbo Zoo shut, murder suspect sought
[size=-1]Ninemsn, Australia - 20 hours ago[/size]
[size=-1]Dubbo's Western Plains Zoo has been closed to the public as police conduct investigations in the area. Police on Friday refused ... [/size]
In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 15 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

function clicked(ln, label, ctr, cid, sig) {return function() {var npp = '';var und_pos = cid.indexOf('_');if (und_pos != -1) {npp = cid.substring(und_pos+1);cid = cid.substring(0, und_pos);}var click_params = "ct=us/"+label+"-"+ctr+"&fp=43acb9fa3ed6db38&ei=EJisQ-2VOpCsFsWy-cgF&url="+escape(ln.href).replace(/\+/g,"%2b")+"&cid="+cid;if (npp != '')click_params += "&npp=" + npp;if (sig != '')click_params += "&sig2=" + sig;(new Image()).src="/url?sa=T&"+click_params;return true;}}if (document.images) {var h = location.hostname;var nln = document.links.length;var label = '';var cid = '';var ctr = 0;for (var i = 0; i < nln; ++i) {var ln = document.links;var sig = '';if (ln.id) {var id = ln.id;if (id.substring(0,2) == 's-') {colon_pos = id.indexOf(':');if (colon_pos == -1) {sig = id.substring(2);id = '';} else {sig = id.substring(2, colon_pos);id = id.substring(colon_pos+1);}}if (id.substring(0,2) != 'r-') {if (sig == '')continue;} else {var und_pos = id.indexOf('_');if (und_pos == -1) {label = id.substring(2);} else {label = id.substring(2, und_pos);cid = id.substring(und_pos+1);}ctr = 0;}} else if (ln.host == h || ln.hostname == h || ! label || ! cid ||ln.host == "www.google.com" || ln.hostname == "www.google.com") {continue;}ln.onmousedown = clicked(ln, label, ctr++, cid, sig);}}

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...tive-to-give-up/2005/12/25/1135445486563.html

Here is the story from page two of the Sydney Morning Herald
By Jordan Baker
December 26, 2005

FOR the family of Malcolm John Naden, this was Christmas: one cousin dead, another missing, and a third on the run from the homicide squad.

Distraught relatives of Naden, the bush fugitive who prompted a huge manhunt at Western Plains Zoo on Friday, are pleading with him to hand himself in, saying it was time to "sort this mess out".

Naden, an unemployed shearer and former skinner and boner at Dubbo abattoir, has been wanted since August, when the strangled body of Kristy Scholes, the wife of one of his cousins, was found in his bedroom.

He is also linked to the disappearance of another cousin, Lateesha Nolan.

The 31-year-old has been spotted working for cash in mines near Walgett, selling opals noodled from a dump and living in Western Plains Zoo. Each time, he has managed to elude police.

Janette Lancaster, his aunt, has sent a message to Naden over the internet in the hope someone will pass it on.

"Pop [their grandfather, who has had a heart attack] is very ill and he needs to know how you are and hear your side of the story in regards to Kristy," it said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/man-on-the-run/2006/01/02/1136050394346.html
January 3, 2006

Malcolm Naden's aunty talks about the man on the run, writes Jordan Baker.

THIS is Malcolm John Naden as his family remembers him.

For reasons known only to the man on the run from murder allegations, Naden posed for the photograph after gathering and destroying every picture he could find of himself.

It captures Naden, dishcloth in hand, as he looked when he disappeared a day before the strangled body of his cousin's partner Kristy Scholes was found next to his single bed in August.

Until now police have relied on a picture of a fuller-faced man with closely cropped hair to jog the memories of members of the public who may have seen Naden on the run.

The photograph is taken in the Dubbo home of his grandparents, who took him in when he fled his home after repeated clashes with his father.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Mick my thoughts are with you tomorrow for Lateesha,s memorial service .
I am sure its only a matter of time before something unfolds and will shed some light on her dissappearance,
I still wonder why both girls were targetted in this crime? I loved the photo you posted of Lateesha such a beautiful young woman , you must have been told that many times. Once again my best wishes

Lateesha Nolan is a person - not a crime story. That is the message her family and friends will be sending tonight - one year after her disappearance - with a candlelight vigil at the river. The vigil - originally planned for 5pm - will now take place at 8.30pm after the family received special assistance from the fire brigade so they were still able to hold the candlelight ceremony during a total fire ban.

More: http://dubbo.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&story_id=449301&category=General%20News&m=1&y=2006

I would imagine that Mick will not be able to post for a short time as where he lives to Dubbo is a days drive. I would also think he may spend time with family and friends during this very sad period of time.
Thanks for posting that PrayersForMaura as I am sure that Mick appreciates the fact that we are all behind him on this.
Its very hot here in Australia with lots of thunderstorms I am praying that its stays fine in Dubbo tonight for the family as some of the storms have been very fierce doing lots of damage.
Thanks again for keeping this thread alive

Thinking of Latesha, Mick and the entire family.

my prayers and thought are with them in spirit at the vigil.
lighting a candle fot them at my home tonight.

Sorry to hear this, Breehannah. I have no clue as to what you are talking about with other posts or threads.

Wish you the best and please have mick stay in touch with us. I am thinking of him and his family and all the little ones. This is such a terrible tragedy.

Best wishes
petra

Vigil for Lateesha
CHRISANTHI GIOTIS
Friday, 6 January 2006

They came from every corner of Dubbo and even from the Central Coast, they caught lifts with friends and neighbours - the foam cups around their candles were decorated with Lateesha Nolan's name and the date of her disappearance. By the time Lateesha's family arrived at the Tamworth Street carpark almost 200 people had gathered in the dusk - a show of solidarity and love that immediately touched the hearts of everyone in Lateesha's family. Lateesha's Uncle Ted Lancaster said later the "feeling of driving across the bridge and seeing all the cars was just overwhelming". "I only expected around 20 adults so to see over 150 people here was way beyond my wildest dream," Mr Lancaster said. The candlelight vigil for Lateesha Nolan held last night - on the one-year anniversary of her disappearance - began with emotion and solidarity. As the night darkened and the candles illuminated the faces of so many people pained by her disappearance the emotion grew. The message of the vigil - the need for more information - the need to find Lateesha, so her four children and her family can finally have some closure was repeated again and again. Tears overwhelmed Mr Lancaster as he began the quiet ceremony by reading a message from Lateesha's mother Joan Nolan. "If only we knew where you were to bring you home," Mrs Nolan wrote. Friends and family were told of Lateesha's "happy go-lucky nature" and how she was "generous to a fault". Lateesha's greatest fear was that her children would be involved in a car accident. "But what has happened now is far, far worse with no answers to the questions that eat away at you," Mr Lancaster said. "I'm sure that someone must know what happened to Lateesha. "I pray that they will make it their new year's resolution to ease their conscience and tell us what happened." By the time Lateesha's cousin, Kirsty Peachey, read the poem, Our Stolen Beauty, children were openly crying. Accompanied on guitar by Brandon Trautman, Ms Peachey said she missed her friend and cousin more each day. "Picturing you in my mind should I smile or should I cry, do I think of happy past times or of the months that have gone by," Ms Peachey said. from page one "I remember the talks we used to have - I knew it was you we could always trust," she said. "'Teesha you will live forever in your kids and in our hearts. You know that we all love you wherever you may be." Ms Peachey said that she was inspired to share her very personal poem at the vigil in the hope that someone will come forward with information. "I just hope people will see us all hurting and how much we are hoping to get a bit more information," Mrs Peachey said. Eight-year-old Kiana Peachey was one of the Children crying during the poem. "I do miss her and I dream about her nearly every night that she's come alive," Kiana said. Her nine-year-old cousin Khadijah Towney was also close to tears. "I felt really sad and I felt like crying but I tried to be brave," Khadijah said. Before the vigil took place Lateesha's family were worried that the ceremony might cause more pain for Lateesha's four young children, Kiesha, Erica, Jayden and Shaqkalia, but those fears were allayed by the number of people who came to share their pain. "At least the kids will have a positive memory of something," Mr Lancaster said. "The strength you brought just by being here tonight I hope we can keep it going to support Joan and the kids," he said. "We need that help to continue throughout the lives of the children."

http://dubbo.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&story_id=449918&category=general%20news&m=1&y=2006

I am so glad you updated us on the vigil for Lateesha. It sounds like it was a beautiful time of remembrence of a young woman who touched so many lives. Yes, she will always live on through her children and I am sure they will make her proud.

I am so sorry for this living nightmare your family is going through. I have no words to express the pain and loss you must be feeling.
So glad that you have the support of family, loving friends and the community.
Hoping you get some answers soon so the healing can begin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back