NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link to the radio is on the home page of WS. If you click there you can see all the details. This case isn't mentioned, but surprises are so...?

ETA Lol, I knew someone would answer before I did.

The link to the radio is on the home page of WS. If you click there you can see all the details. This case isn't mentioned, but surprises are so...?

ETA Lol, I knew someone would answer before I did.

Tricia doesn't usually announce the featured cold cases. She probably figures it's a given since it's already on the front page. :dunno:

My copy is done now and I'm taking off. I pray Sylvia is found soon!!! There was an arrest on a cold case in Oregon this week and I'll be talking about it on the show too! People here are very excited about it! :woohoo:

MMQC, what was it that made you think EL had a tattoo on her arm? Was it a visual -- did you see something on her arm? Or did the two of you talk about things over the years that made you think it?

It's possible Sylvia's prior military BF sported a tattoo, and the numbers recollection (MMQC: tattoo of numbers on her arm) may have been a date.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Sylvia Alice Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975

MMQC, to your knowledge, did EL (or any other member of SL's family) ever talk to or see SL's BF/F directly after the night of the disappearance? Or did you serve as a go-between for her?

Where is this ex boyfriend now, and what type of a life has he been living? Any arrests, domestic violence? If he didn't kill her, (accidentally or otherwise), he certainly has the great misfortune of appearing so. My opinion, of course.
This man has some serious explaining to do.
Where is he now?

All good questions and opinions... We were told (midway thread #1) that we are not allowed to sleuth the BF/F. "Off limits"

--Perhaps a restatement from the MOD or Administrator of the parameters of this case would be a good idea....

All good questions and opinions... We were told (midway thread #1) that we are not allowed to sleuth the BF/F. "Off limits"

--Perhaps a restatement from the MOD or Administrator of the parameters of this case would be a good idea....

Thanks. I didn't catch that. I deleted my post.

Thanks for sending the pm, Rosemadderlake. The bf/f has never been named as a suspect or POI, and therefore he is most definitely "non-sleuthworthy". You can reference him as the bf/f in terms of what took place at the time of Sylvia's disappearance. But sleuthing his private life and/or making reference to his identity and other personal information is not allowed.

:tyou:

Let me add to what Bessie mentioned...

It is okay to say that his reaction to what happened doesn't make sense. Like, I would think that he would have been searching for her or he would have pressed her mom and LE to get the missing persons filed as soon as possible, but he didn't. You can say you think that is strange, but you cannot go as far as to say he is the one responsible for her disappearance. She could just as easily have been abducted by a stranger, as far as we know.

Sounds like this couple had a bad argument that evening. SL's glasses were broken in the car. The bf would only say that they had an argument and SL left the car to go to the bus stop. Was this couple engaged? Is that the ring that was given back or taken back?

These two were very young when this happened. I wonder if the bf would talk to someone today? Perhaps he can recall more of the evening after so many years have passed. I'm sure her people still need to know what happened and where she is so they can put this to rest.

So sorry.

Sounds like this couple had a bad argument that evening. SL's glasses were broken in the car. The bf would only say that they had an argument and SL left the car to go to the bus stop. Was this couple engaged? Is that the ring that was given back or taken back?

These two were very young when this happened. I wonder if the bf would talk to someone today? Perhaps he can recall more of the evening after so many years have passed. I'm sure her people still need to know what happened and where she is so they can put this to rest.

So sorry.

They were engaged-word was, she had a beautiful, heart shaped diamond in her ring. Sylvia was 22, BF/F was 25ish. Her remaining family does desperately want to know what happened, and BF/F didn't want to answer any questions then, and doesn't want to answer them now. And let me add, the police didn't really want to ask him any questions!

From what I can tell I see a profile for her on Classmates.com It was made in 2010. Does anyone have an account to verify?

From what I can tell I see a profile for her on Classmates.com It was made in 2010. Does anyone have an account to verify?

IIRC one of Sylvia's friends (who is on WS) made that account..

Has anyone checked ancestry.com? I have a "public record" as recent as 1993 listing her address coinciding with middle name and DOB.

Has anyone checked ancestry.com? I have a "public record" as recent as 1993 listing her address coinciding with middle name and DOB.

I don't think I've seen that - is the address on Staten Island?

I don't think I've seen that - is the address on Staten Island?

Actually, it is.
Has anyone reported her "legally dead" ? Since she's been missing for so long? For insurance purposes or so that they can have a memorial?

There's two records in SI and one in King's Park.

Let me add to what Bessie mentioned...

It is okay to say that his reaction to what happened doesn't make sense. Like, I would think that he would have been searching for her or he would have pressed her mom and LE to get the missing persons filed as soon as possible, but he didn't. You can say you think that is strange, but you cannot go as far as to say he is the one responsible for her disappearance. She could just as easily have been abducted by a stranger, as far as we know.

Thanks for posting this Kimster! Then let me say....I think his actions are VERY STRANGE. Enough said.

Hi, Jenstar :seeya:

I questioned that in post #257 on the first thread, because I found two entries for her on classmates: One for 1971-75 and another for 1970-74. Later, in post #1001, one of our VIs, ASWDeerHunter, confirmed that he created the 1971-75 listing -- the one with the photos -- a few years ago. So that's the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500