IN -Terry and Darleen Anderson Murder, Mungo, 22 Oct 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosco said:
Thank for the concern for my feelings... I appreciate it. I know that talking about the brutality is very difficult as I am aware of how messy it was.. My husband was on the property that night - after bodies were taken.. to see what he might find missing.. He seen everything..

I was told by LE about shoe prints. No finger prints - as far as LE told. I was also told by LE - 'murder tried to clean up the mess' Not sure how LE refers... like did murder/s clean themselves (which I would imagine the party to be covered head-toe.. in hair... in eyes.. just all over) or clean the house.. floor... sink? LE was not specific.
This begins to sound even worse than I originally thought.

1. The murders were commited using an axe.
2. The murderers then stayed at the scene long enough to attempt a cleanup of themselves and or a partial cleanup of the scene.
3. This means that they spent quite a lot of time at the scene finding what they wanted and then cleaning up.
4. This doesn't sound like it was a spontaenous act. It sounds like it was coldly premeditated & executed by people who knew exactly what they were looking for and where to find it.

blaize

Rosco said:
assuption are AX
OH MY GOSH, an AX murder??????? That's just too brutal.

I am not please dto hear LE is not going down any roads, even with the family.

Did the people who we are not outright calling suspects know of the cash in the home?
The descriptions of the crime make it seem like it was commited out of anger, maybe even jealously and envy, and to gain fortune. Seems like whoever commited the crime knew about the amount of $ in the house.
I'm guessing there was a will and this 'a' was willed the house and everything.
This story is very said.
Thanks for answering my questions.

Why did "A" so specifically tell police that she found her mom with a gunshot wound to the head? If her head was crushed by an ax, it would look NOTHING like a bullet wound. Was "A" trying to distance herself of any knowledge of it by saying what she thought it was, when it would never be mistaken for it? I wonder how panicked she sounded when she called.

I wonder if the tree service can verify that she was asked to assist her dad that morning at work?

"A's" comments to the newspaper about renovating the house, cuz it was her parents "dream" struck everyone as odd that read it. I cannot believe that would ever be on my mind right after such a horrific event, especially with the detail she gave to what she would have done. She had been living in a dumpy trailer prior to the murder.

I'm really sorry for your loss. Can you tell us if there was an insurance policy and who was the beneficiary? Is "A" staying in the house legally? If the house was left to multiple children of the deceased, then why is only "A" staying there? It sounds to me like murder with the intention of profit, so if "A" was sore beneficiary, or if she was executor I would suspect her. For instance, my parents have very specific wishes for certain things they own when they die. However, anything not specifically mentioned goes to me, as I am their only child together. We have a verbal understanding that I am to decide who gets what. Basically I take what I want and they get the rest. Their reasoning is that since I lived at home the longest, and was their bio child together that certain things would have more meaning to me. Now, if I was wanting to be a B**CH, I could just take it all and sell it for profit. Is this was has happened with "A"?

Dark Knight said:
Why did "A" so specifically tell police that she found her mom with a gunshot wound to the head? If her head was crushed by an ax, it would look NOTHING like a bullet wound. Was "A" trying to distance herself of any knowledge of it by saying what she thought it was, when it would never be mistaken for it? I wonder how panicked she sounded when she called.

I wonder if the tree service can verify that she was asked to assist her dad that morning at work?

"A's" comments to the newspaper about renovating the house, cuz it was her parents "dream" struck everyone as odd that read it. I cannot believe that would ever be on my mind right after such a horrific event, especially with the detail she gave to what she would have done. She had been living in a dumpy trailer prior to the murder.
I don't know Dark Knight with all the blood and gore anyone except a professional could misidentify the cause of the wounds. It would be helpful to listen to that 911 call for sure.

Where does it say that "A" made that comment about being asked to assist her dad?

Hmm A's comment about renovating the house does seem odd, I would be more likey to accept someone saying that after six months or a year but to have said it so soon after the murders seems oddly detached.

blaize

blaize said:
This begins to sound even worse than I originally thought.

1. The murders were commited using an axe.
2. The murderers then stayed at the scene long enough to attempt a cleanup of themselves and or a partial cleanup of the scene.
3. This means that they spent quite a lot of time at the scene finding what they wanted and then cleaning up.
4. This doesn't sound like it was a spontaenous act. It sounds like it was coldly premeditated & executed by people who knew exactly what they were looking for and where to find it.

blaize
I agree with everything in this quote. can't confirm the weapon.. but assumed axe or something such with heavy and weight to do the damage that was done to their face/heads per LE.. I truly believe it was premeditated (i think LE thinks so too) ..and the person/s knew EXACTLY what they were looking for.. and staged the set up with the missing guns and other misc.. weapons taken. Darleen's wedding ring that dad just purchased for her a few months prior to murders.. celebration of 25yrs.. Darleen never had a ring w/stone from dad when married... Ring was in the end table drawer - along with her other rings she wore.. Darleen never wore jewlery to work.. only on weekends.. right next to her body.. Murderes were not looking for jewlery...still in the end table.

HollywoodBound said:
Did the people who we are not outright calling suspects know of the cash in the home?
The descriptions of the crime make it seem like it was commited out of anger, maybe even jealously and envy, and to gain fortune. Seems like whoever commited the crime knew about the amount of $ in the house.
I'm guessing there was a will and this 'a' was willed the house and everything.
This story is very said.
Thanks for answering my questions.
People knew about the cash who were close to dad. I feel it was a crime of rage.. anger ! Over kill is what I can only state. I think and I assume LE thinks the same about the murder/s knowing about the $$ in the house.. cuz it was missing and the money was talked about just days prior with my husband and father. My dad went down to FLA and LA for the hurricane help last summer - spent better part of 3 months... Made some good money.. Told me all the time on the phone that his new boat was 'calling his name' since he was getting all this cash for the help in the South... My dad was not a bragger about money and things he had - only to family... Proud man but not stupid to lash his voice to all to hear.. He was private. No will... 'A' found a handwritten note stating she will receive all - home. 401k, life insurance, cars, trucks, boat... It is in Darleen's writing and dad signed it. Stated she wanted her to share with bro. and sister (me and my brother)... and grandkids. Have not heard nor seen any such idea...

Thank for your kind thoughts and prayers.. I trust in God to show truth...

blaize said:
I don't know Dark Knight with all the blood and gore anyone except a professional could misidentify the cause of the wounds. It would be helpful to listen to that 911 call for sure.

Where does it say that "A" made that comment about being asked to assist her dad?

Hmm A's comment about renovating the house does seem odd, I would be more likey to accept someone saying that after six months or a year but to have said it so soon after the murders seems oddly detached.

blaize
Wow - never thought about that comment until I just read that.. Totally out of normal for someone to say things like that less than 48hrs after finding BOTH her parents murdered...

Also about having someone move into the house 3 weeks after the murders... Carpet was still pulled and cut from my husband cleaning the gore and blood off the walls and draps and couch was burned... blood was everywhere..!!!! I think that LE is not certain the weapon.. Have not told me anything about that... Coroner neither.

If it was me who found my parents - I would not be talking about fixing the house up...

gardenmom said:
I'm really sorry for your loss. Can you tell us if there was an insurance policy and who was the beneficiary? Is "A" staying in the house legally? If the house was left to multiple children of the deceased, then why is only "A" staying there? It sounds to me like murder with the intention of profit, so if "A" was sore beneficiary, or if she was executor I would suspect her. For instance, my parents have very specific wishes for certain things they own when they die. However, anything not specifically mentioned goes to me, as I am their only child together. We have a verbal understanding that I am to decide who gets what. Basically I take what I want and they get the rest. Their reasoning is that since I lived at home the longest, and was their bio child together that certain things would have more meaning to me. Now, if I was wanting to be a B**CH, I could just take it all and sell it for profit. Is this was has happened with "A"?
All the above.. Insurance on both.. 401K, house, cars, property in Montana too.. everything goes to A.. She is the bio from both and we (me and brother) never would expect anything less.. She is our sister and we always repected that. No will - only written on sheet of paper from Darleen that all goes to A.. but to share with Sis and brother. I never did want anything.. I am grown and married with children.. job -I have home.. She is 20yrs old not married and no children.. no job.. nothign going.. i would never take anything that is A's and I respected that always... A has totally turned everything into a horrible battle since the day (31Oct 2005) I walked off the property.. Never looked back and litterally shut the door behind us (brother and sister) She can take anything she wants and sells anything.. I just would like to at least have my husbands hunting gear back..and other things that were left there becz better to leave it there than keep bringing it back every season.. Maybe a fishing pole and tackle box for my 3 1/2 yr old son...dad's grandson... I received NOTHING from A... not even a snap-shot after I left... I worried about her being so young and having nothing.. Before I left we spoke and I told 'A' i was concerned and that 'A' can sell the house and we get her OWN 'A" house.. and not the memories of the murders..and US family would still visit and hunt and do everything we used to do.. but just at "A" house.. We talked and I assumed when I left that her plans were what we said.. She had other plans..and we were not in the 'new plans'.. I never TOLD her what she should do.. we talked like friends and family would.. with ideas and thoughts... and how I worried and cried every time we spoke the 2 weeks we buried them...

Rosco said:
Wow - never thought about that comment until I just read that.. Totally out of normal for someone to say things like that less than 48hrs after finding BOTH her parents murdered...

Also about having someone move into the house 3 weeks after the murders... Carpet was still pulled and cut from my husband cleaning the gore and blood off the walls and draps and couch was burned... blood was everywhere..!!!! I think that LE is not certain the weapon.. Have not told me anything about that... Coroner neither.

If it was me who found my parents - I would not be talking about fixing the house up...
Yes, we can only guess at what our own reactions would be but I get a cold sick feeling in the pit of my stomach even thinking about that happening to my parents. I don't think I'd be able to stay in the house where it happened either.

How did A stay in the house with such an obvious and bloody reminder of the crime? Even after three weeks the sights and smells might remain so I wonder at the kind of person who'd want to rent a room in that house.

blaize

blaize said:
Yes, we can only guess at what our own reactions would be but I get a cold sick feeling in the pit of my stomach even thinking about that happening to my parents. I don't think I'd be able to stay in the house where it happened either.

How did A stay in the house with such an obvious and bloody reminder of the crime? Even after three weeks the sights and smells might remain so I wonder at the kind of person who'd want to rent a room in that house.

blaize
Just being in the house for service the whole 2 weeks was unbeliebable.. smell still there from death! VERY VERY sick.. I don;t know how A can do that.. I told A to selll the house - personally I could NEVER stay after dark in the house ever again!!! NEVER.. you could pay me a million and I would never stay there again..

Rosco said:

"We're going to make their dreams our dreams," said the couple's daughter, ("A") affirming that the family would be keeping the home where her parents died. "Dad wanted a full wrap-around porch, to tear down the barn, new siding. There's electrical work to do. Mom wanted new curtains, new furniture.

"We just need a security system."

http://www.fwdailynews.com/articles/2005/10/27/the_news-sun/news-99051.txt

Dark Knight said:
"We're going to make their dreams our dreams," said the couple's daughter, ("A") affirming that the family would be keeping the home where her parents died. "Dad wanted a full wrap-around porch, to tear down the barn, new siding. There's electrical work to do. Mom wanted new curtains, new furniture.

"We just need a security system."

http://www.fwdailynews.com/articles/2005/10/27/the_news-sun/news-99051.txt
DK, I still cannot access the archives. I think the quotes above speak for themselves though. I would like to know who she is referring to when she says "we"?

Rosco, you said the will was on a handwritten paper. Was this ever verified in case it was forged? I wouldn't be surprised if it was signed under duress. You said the life insurance policy was mentioned in this note. Don't you have to put down a beneficairy beforehand, like when you fill it out? I guess they would have listed each other first, then her since she was their bio daughter.

Here is what I am thinking. I know you do not want anything, as you have stated. But, what if you were to stir up the pot a little? It seems you may be entitled to something, and could contest the "will". Although, it may not be a good idea if she is the one responsible. If she killed once, she may do it again. I agree with other posters that at 20 years old there is no way I could live in my murdered parents home. If I didn't do it I would be afraid of someone coming after me. If I did do it I would be afraid of their spirits or my guilt getting me.

I think LE may know a lot more than they are telling you. To me it seems obvious who have motive. Another question. Was A's ex boyfriend her ex at the time of the murders? Would it be strange for them to be together as each others alibies?

I just found this thread and haven't read everything yet, so I apologize if I am bringing up something that has been discussed.

According to the family website, Terry was obviously an active and long-standing member of AA/NA. Could he have met his murderer(s) at meetings? I attend NA and due to the nature of the beast of addiction, going to meetings can put you in contact with people "unsavory" pasts - certainly people with criminal pasts often involving drugs and violence.

Could Terry have reached out to a suffering alcoholic or addict and had it turn bad? I just wonder if this is an angle has been explored. I will continue to read the thread, but wanted to throw out this thought.

I wasn't familiar with this case, and had never heard of it before tonight. I read all the info on the web I could find, as well as all of the post in this thread.

As someone who studied profiling for a bit, there are a few things that stand out as odd, but heres the prominent one, that I don't recall anyone mentioning.

If you were 20 years old, and your parents had just been brutally murdered, you would, in all likelyhood, not want to inhabit the house. BUT, that aside, because that is a mental fear to be overcome, wouldn't you have an immediate fear of whomever did this coming back? That is a practical fear.

The only way you could live there comfortbly, would be if you were secure in the knowledge that you KNEW they would not be coming back. Which of course leads to the logic that A def knows who did this, how, and why. She has no fear of them coming back.

PLUS, the gunshot wound comment was totally out line. Under sever, unexpected duress, most people would reply "I don't know". The only reason she would bevery specific would be if she was trying to throw LE immediately off the trail.

William R Thomas said:
I wasn't familiar with this case, and had never heard of it before tonight. I read all the info on the web I could find, as well as all of the post in this thread.

As someone who studied profiling for a bit, there are a few things that stand out as odd, but heres the prominent one, that I don't recall anyone mentioning.

If you were 20 years old, and your parents had just been brutally murdered, you would, in all likelyhood, not want to inhabit the house. BUT, that aside, because that is a mental fear to be overcome, wouldn't you have an immediate fear of whomever did this coming back? That is a practical fear.

The only way you could live there comfortbly, would be if you were secure in the knowledge that you KNEW they would not be coming back. Which of course leads to the logic that A def knows who did this, how, and why. She has no fear of them coming back.

PLUS, the gunshot wound comment was totally out line. Under sever, unexpected duress, most people would reply "I don't know". The only reason she would bevery specific would be if she was trying to throw LE immediately off the trail.
To be fair, she did add "a security system" to her list of renovations. *shrugs* It ain't much I realize, lol.

I wonder if the so-called "will" is dated and notarized.

It could have been written under duress, perhaps the night of the murder?

And who is the beneficiary on the insurance policies?

I wouldn't believe anything until I saw it myself and was able to verify that everything was legitimate.

Rosco, if you haven't received anything, and the "will" says she is to share with you, why hasn't the "will" been challenged or enforced in court by you or others?

Article reprinted via courtesy of the Herald Republican Newspaper in Angola, IN. This was the original story of the murders. It reminded me that when it first broke, there was quite a bit of time between finding Darleen and then finding Terry, as it was originally reported that she was murdered and he was missing, and a lot of us thought he killed her. So it was a lot of time between finding the bodies:

Mongo couple found dead; Bodies discovered in home, outbuilding​

BY WANDA YODER​

MONGO What began Friday as an investigation into the death of a rural Mongo woman is now being probed as a double homicide after police found the body of the woman's husband.​

Police have identified the victims as Terry A. Anderson, 59, and his wife, Darlene Anderson, 57, of the 6200 block of East C.R. 250N, near Mongo.

Police said Darlene Anderson's body was found in the living room of their home. Terry Anderson's body was found later in an outbuilding on the property.

LaGrange County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Tom Clarkson said the exact cause of death would not be announced until autopsies were completed. Police have not confirmed whether the deaths were caused by gunshot wounds.

Police remained at the scene until late Friday evening investigating the homicides.

When contacted Friday evening, LaGrange County Coroner Bruce Coney said he wouldn't release any information about the autopsy results until later this morning. He said he planned to meet with the county sheriff and prosecutor at 7:30 this morning before releasing further information about the case. He expects to issue a news release by 10 a.m. today.

"We want to put everything together so we don't take a chance on damaging the case," Coney said.​

According to police, the Andersons' daughter arrived at the home Friday to meet her father for work. She called police dispatch at about 7:21 a.m. to report finding her mother lying on a couch with a gunshot wound to the head. Police arrived at the residence and found the victim. Police said Terry Anderson's truck was parked at the residence, but he could not be found at the time.

A preliminary search of the residence by officers was executed as a safety precaution. Following the issuance of a search warrant, investigating officers used K-9s to locate Terry Anderson's body in the outbuilding.

According to Clarkson, the time of death for the Andersons was estimated to have occurred sometime between 8 p.m. Thursday and 7:21 a.m. Friday. Clarkson said no weapon was found at the scene.

LaGrange County Sheriff Greg Dhaene said investigators are interviewing the daughter to try to understand what may have happened. The husband and wife lived together at the residence.

The investigation is continuing. Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact the LaGrange County Sheriff's Department at 463-7491, Indiana State Police Fort Wayne Post at 463-4343 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 342-STOP.

Investigating agencies include the LaGrange County Sheriff's Department, Indiana State Police, Indiana Conservation Officers, LaGrange County Coroner's Office, LaGrange County Prosecutor's Office and the Indiana State Excise Police.MONGO What began Friday as an investigation into the death of a rural Mongo woman is now being probed as a double homicide after police found the body of the woman's husband.

Police have identified the victims as Terry A. Anderson, 59, and his wife, Darlene Anderson, 57, of the 6200 block of East C.R. 250N, near Mongo.

Police said Darlene Anderson's body was found in the living room of their home. Terry Anderson's body was found later in an outbuilding on the property.

LaGrange County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Tom Clarkson said the exact cause of death would not be announced until autopsies were completed. Police have not confirmed whether the deaths were caused by gunshot wounds.

Police remained at the scene until late Friday evening investigating the homicides.

When contacted Friday evening, LaGrange County Coroner Bruce Coney said he wouldn't release any information about the autopsy results until later this morning. He said he planned to meet with the county sheriff and prosecutor at 7:30 this morning before releasing further information about the case. He expects to issue a news release by 10 a.m. today.

"We want to put everything together so we don't take a chance on damaging the case," Coney said.

According to police, the Andersons' daughter arrived at the home Friday to meet her father for work. She called police dispatch at about 7:21 a.m. to report finding her mother lying on a couch with a gunshot wound to the head. Police arrived at the residence and found the victim. Police said Terry Anderson's truck was parked at the residence, but he could not be found at the time.

A preliminary search of the residence by officers was executed as a safety precaution. Following the issuance of a search warrant, investigating officers used K-9s to locate Terry Anderson's body in the outbuilding.

According to Clarkson, the time of death for the Andersons was estimated to have occurred sometime between 8 p.m. Thursday and 7:21 a.m. Friday. Clarkson said no weapon was found at the scene.

LaGrange County Sheriff Greg Dhaene said investigators are interviewing the daughter to try to understand what may have happened. The husband and wife lived together at the residence.

The investigation is continuing. Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact the LaGrange County Sheriff's Department at 463-7491, Indiana State Police Fort Wayne Post at 463-4343 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 342-STOP.

Investigating agencies include the LaGrange County Sheriff's Department, Indiana State Police, Indiana Conservation Officers, LaGrange County Coroner's Office, LaGrange County Prosecutor's Office and the Indiana State Excise Police.

boxtr.gif

boxbl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads