NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Patty, trying to post quick as having lots of trouble getting on websleuths - KB is Zahra's grandmother in Aus.

Wow, that's some extensive criminal history there, AB! Guess he's not always working so hard at a job.

I'm not so sure I take Adam's "rap sheet" as a criminal history.

Most are charges of writing "simple" back checks ... which IIRC is that they bounced a check (which is what the report posted earlier indicates) . If both names are on the checking account, he would be charged with this EVEN IF ELISA WROTE THE BAD CHECKS.

The rest are all charges pressed by BB and I don't believe a THING she says at all. Apparently the judge didn't buy her story either because it was dismissed (with leave). I don't think a judge would dismiss charges of running someone off the road and threatening them with a taser gun and then threatening to kill their infant child with a hand gun if he had ANY reason to believe there was validity to the claim.

But the state's own reviews show it's not uncommon for children to die in North Carolina under suspicious circumstances while their families are under DSS supervision or had recent contact with social workers.
At least 137 children died during a recent five-year period in cases where abuse or neglect were suspected to have contributed - even though DSS had contact with their families within 12 months before they died, the Observer found. That's up from 119 deaths during the prior five years. And it comes at a time when child deaths overall in the state are at a record low.
Most of the 137 died from illnesses or accidents, but at least 26 became victims of homicide, usually committed by relatives or caregivers.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/17/1767517/missing-girls-case-highlights.html#ixzz12abI2y71

Thank you so much for posting this!

This was the point I was trying to make the other day when I was talking about DSS in NC dropping the ball and it was not unusual for deaths to occur.

Several people here thought I was picking on NC DSS, but I really wasn't. After following several cases in NC, I've come across this a bunch. There have been cover ups, intentional record shreds, and investigations into their actions.

It's not to vilify NC, just that DSS there, like many other states, is broken and some major changes need to be made to protect the children.

Hello nsr, thanks for posting and welcome to Websleuths. I am the speculator and with the news article and yourself posting it appears MC has been a stand up guy to the Bakers. I too am puzzled why she used his name in the ransom note.

I had thought they were under extreme financial pressure but that does not appear to be the case. Their total legal complaints are less than $5,000.

I'm curious about AB's work hours as he seemed to be working at night sometimes. I'm wondering if you can discuss his work schedule some.

Thanks again for posting, local people posting are very helpful.

I too would like to thank nsr for joining and giving us their local input on this case. From all accounts, MC seemed to think rather highly of AB's work ethic although he might have questioned his judgement in women and his intelligence level in general. But I think he appreciated his hard work and dedication.

Since AB had supposedly only been working for MC for six months, would this have been a contract type job for the spring/summer season? Is that why AB might have been putting in such long hours? Would those hours have been reduced come the fall/winter season? I know many landscape companies operate that way so the workers try to get in as many hours as they can while the work is available.

I think putting MC and his daughter in the ransom note was only because the Baker's were living in a home belonging to him and had only been there about 6 weeks. EB probably thought the C's were the perfect family for someone to want to kidnap and collect ransom from and therefore believed that LE would fall for the "wrong child kidnapped" mistake/caper. Did MC live there prior? I also thought I had read somewhere that the Impala on the property belonged to him and he just left or stored it there?

TIA

MOO

I'm not so sure I take Adam's "rap sheet" as a criminal history.

Most are charges of writing "simple" back checks ... which IIRC is that they bounced a check (which is what the report posted earlier indicates) . If both names are on the checking account, he would be charged with this EVEN IF ELISA WROTE THE BAD CHECKS.

The rest are all charges pressed by BB and I don't believe a THING she says at all. Apparently the judge didn't buy her story either because it was dismissed (with leave). I don't think a judge would dismiss charges of running someone off the road and threatening them with a taser gun and then threatening to kill their infant child with a hand gun if he had ANY reason to believe there was validity to the claim.

I have to agree with you there bellyup and that's why I was wondering if we could get the same kind of info for EB's "rap sheet" to see if all the dates lined up. I am also still curious about the larceny from an employer charge and when that happened. Would like to know where and when EB "worked".

MOO

How do we know for sure this is the grandmother and not some imposter posing as the grandmother?

We don't, of course, but for now I'll take it at face(book) value and if it is her, then, as I said before, she must be an emotional mess. Watching to see what develops there.

How do we know for sure this is the grandmother and not some imposter posing as the grandmother?

Check out her friend's list, it would take a lot for an impostor to get so much of the family as friends just to post on that group.

Just wanted to point out the most recent upload to EB's photobucket account was this picture...

lupus2.jpg

So lupus was most likely the disease she is claiming to have now.

Homework done and am fairly certain that this is the grandmother based on AB being friends on FB, etc.

Going to bed guys. Hope to catch up in a few hours, night all.

If AB had only been working for MC for the past 6 months where was he employed prior to that ..... or was he employed at all ???

Wow - took me forever to catch up on these threads. They feel like they're flying faster than Kyron's.

I'd like to echo bellyup's question - where was AB working prior to his employment with MC?

She is a large woman...

I'd bet she would either claim something like a back injury or some form of fibromyalgia (physical depression)

Anyone want to take any bets???

:waitasec:
I've never heard fibromyalgia described as physical depression.

O/T-But Fibromyalgia can often times leave a person disabled. It's horrid.
We have a great thread at WS in the Jury Room where several of our members who suffer from Fibromyalgia meet and support each other.
Invite anyone is interested in learning more to join us there sometimes.

357104777v4_480x480_Front.jpg

Thank you Kimberly. I must admit I was a little offended by that description of fibromyalgia, but didn't say anything. It is just one of the many misconceptions about this disease.

Thank you Kimberly. I must admit I was a little offended by that description of fibromyalgia, but didn't say anything. It is just one of the many misconceptions about this disease.

Yes, it is very misunderstood and many people think it's "all in the heads" of the sufferers. But it is real, it is horrid, and it ruins a lot of lives.

But, as of a year or so ago, I was one of those who misunderstood it so I can see why the member does not understand it. Unless your life is affected with it, it's almost impossible to understand.

Hugs to all, gentle hugs to Fibromyalgia sufferers.

I'm haveing troubles posting on this site! :(
Questions and more questions..
I could get dissability,colon cancer is considered terminal.. Is bone cancer?
I can't wrap my mind around any of this.
SM is still in jail no drugs. Wonder what kind of withdrawel she's going through? Could they tell her they'll give her drugs if she shows LE where the body is?

It's been within the last 14 hours. I checked AY's page this morning and it was not there. (this is what I was referring to earlier). And AB's added some family members as friends but no other activity.

If my child was missing, I think the last thing I would do is play around on my Facebook account.

This is great information about those charges on AB complete with addresses and dates of the offences. Can we get a list like this for EB?

Someone with a list like that should have been thrown out of the country! We certainly dont need any more criminals, for crying out loud!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk