TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that she waves a trial?

She could. She could plead guilty and waive her right to a trial.

If the Prosecutor is asking for the DP - he/she will probably most likely negotiate taking the DP off the table for a guilty plea. The negotiations will depend heavily on what the prosecutor is willing to offer as far as sentence goes and if the perp will accept. I.e., The perp can say - I'll plead guilty if you take DP away and don't give me more than 25 years.

Pros can counter with - you plead guilty and we will go for life imprison without parole.

Perp can say yes or no. If perp says no, in this case, it is my opinion that the prosecutor will then proceed to trial with the DP on the table.

I don't think the Prosecution will give up the DP for anything less than LWOP.

Salem

It seems that the only reference to someone picking up the phone while mom is driving home is from a reporter. No direct quote, so I'm going to believe it's a paraphrase and not paraphrased well since the actual references we hear from LE say she called the home from work.

MOO :twocents:

cloudajo,

Do you recall a VIDEO where AD speaks about driving home etc.?

Thank you so much for all the info you are posting.

Not to say it doesn't exist, but I don't remember seeing a video of her speaking about driving home.

TY for a great explanation Salem. :)

I know there has been no announcement of the intent on filing for the DP, but personally I do believe this will go straight to trial with no offer of LWOP especially since this is Texas.

But the above are just old Boz's thoughts.

JMHO

How can she offer a plea if she's never met with an attorney? and if she does plea guilty then that's it right? case closed?

Mona may have a "temp" public defender with her when she goes to court on Monday OR she just may go in front of the Judge without one.

Chances of Mona pleaded "guilty" is capital murder charges are "slimmer to none".

I so remember AD on video talking about driving home and getting in the house calling Jonathan ...

Mona may have a "temp" public defender with her when she goes to court on Monday OR she just may go in front of the Judge without one.

Chances of Mona pleaded "guilty" is capital murder charges are "skimmer to none".
and closer to none. won't happen without a plea in place.

Well if a camera is allowed in the court room tomorrow we all will get to hear her voice.

So said my reply from 2click ;0)

I wouldn't put to much weight into what they said because frankly I can see them saying something that isn't factual because LE told them not to reveal anything. Them not knowing how to handle the media might have strayed from the truth.

I'm not yet convinced that the phone calls were threatening in any way to Jonathan.

If AD had been alarmed, she'd have either called LE on her way home if seriously alarmed, or called upon her arrival home.

Since the is an hour plus where AD call friends and checks locally (as is perfectly normal) before calling LE, I am led to believe that there were no red flags at this point.

Threatening calls then a missing child would equal a greater urgency than a wandered off 12 year old.

Regarding the last calls made to Mom at work from the home where JF lived and was abudcted from: I think the telephone was taken to place calls from outside the home. Someone else had done an experiment (thanks) that showed you could talk for up to about a block before the phone died. Why else would she have taken the phone? Fingerprints? Not that out of place if she had been there before to visit SE.

I can tell you in feet how far our cordless phone works: 300. I used to take it out to the street to meet the elementary school bus and our driveway is 300 feet long. The model we had years ago would only work until 2/3 of the way. The current model is about 4 years old. So I assume newer ones would have an even longer range.

Since it's Sunday and the Patriots are playing, I should have said ours would come in a football-field away from its base.

With all the buildingss and vehicles around in a congested area, MN could have been using the phone from inside her truck, been close to the cottage, and not have been obvious. Just occurred to me too that she could have been within sight on the cottage watching for AD to come home and see whether an alarm was raised right away. Since she went back to the cottage after dumping the body, presumably she relished watching how people were reacting. Like being the puppetmaster.

I wouldn't put to much weight into what they said because frankly I can see them saying something that isn't factual because LE told them not to reveal anything. Them not knowing how to handle the media might have strayed from the truth.

Plus, AD must have been scared out of her mind! I don't think I would be coherent in those circumstances.

I can tell you in feet how far our cordless phone works: 300. I used to take it out to the street to meet the elementary school bus and our driveway is 300 feet long. The model we had years ago would only work until 2/3 of the way. The current model is about 4 years old. So I assume newer ones would have an even longer range.

Since it's Sunday and the Patriots are playing, I should have said ours would come in a football-field away from its base.

With all the buildingss and vehicles around in a congested area, MN could have been using the phone from inside her truck, been close to the cottage, and not have been obvious. Just occurred to me too that she could have been within sight on the cottage watching for AD to come home and see whether an alarm was raised right away. Since she went back to the cottage after dumping the body, presumably she relished watching how people were reacting. Like being the puppetmaster.

I was using ours from 1998 1999 or 2000 and it worked to the other side of the block (exact opposite of where our house sits), as soon as i tried to cross the street off our block it completely cut out. So yeah newer ones would have even better range.

Re the missing phone, I’d like to know:

How many phones in the SE/AD/JF home/cottage?

When MN visited JF at 12:30pm, and IF JF placed the call to AD at work at this time looking for SE’s number and wasn’t connected to AD, I wonder if MN took the phone with her at that time and JF didn’t notice or think to tell DD when he visited at 1:45pm.

If MN took the phone and she was nearby (within a block as a WSer up-thread tested & stated [thanks]), MN could monitor if JF received any calls and/or could listen in to any conversation JF had between MN’s visits to the cottage.

Any reports of the missing phone having been found and, if so, where?

Address of AD’s place of work? [for purposes of knowing the distance from the home/cottage and approximate time to travel from one to the other.]

well if there's a video of Mom saying she called the house repeatedly...I can't find it...sorry

Patty, this is the video where AD and DD are standing giving an interview of sorts and she says she called for Jonathan a few times... I think this is a different clip but maybe the same interview where she starts to discuss the calls and DD tells her not to give too many details:

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26292747/index.html

MOO :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members