CA CA - Barstow, HispFem 14-19, UP6718, severed head in backpack, Feb'10

I don't know Spanish, but I found a youtube video about Deborah Adargas. There's a picture of her in the video where you can see her ear- it's interesting none the less, that a news station picked up her disappearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwfLD_8XMwo

I checked out the UID's Namus page and Deborah is not listed as a rule-out but the deceased is still unidentified.

any word back about Deborah Adargas?

I don't know Spanish, but I found a youtube video about Deborah Adargas. There's a picture of her in the video where you can see her ear- it's interesting none the less, that a news station picked up her disappearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwfLD_8XMwo

I understood about 80%, but I finally got the opportunity to get the other 20% with a Spanish speaking friend.

Here is the translation, as best as I can tell.

TV Anchorman:
Your City: Her daughter disappeared, and they have no idea where she could be. Our colleague Kena Lara has the report for us.

Kena Lara (Field Reporter):
A terrible drama is what she is suffering - Mrs. Maria, the mother of 16-year old Deborah, who has been missing since three months ago.

Mother:
My husband took Deborah to Azusa High School, and he left her there like always, at 8:00 in the morning. She didn't leave from school, because the next day I called and she had not attended classes.

Aunt:
We went to the school to distribute flyers to all of the students, but it had already been several days.

Bathed in tears, Deborah's mother and her relatives ask for her prompt return.

Mother:
I don't know if she is on the street, if she is eating or if she is not eating, if she sleeps, or if she feels cold.

Grandmother:
It affects us - all the family - It affects us.

According to family members of the adolescent, this disappearance is very strange. Deborah is a very reserved little girl, and she almost never left her home.

Mother:
Yes, perhaps she would have one or two friends, because she was always of one or two friends. She was not very much like that.

Classmate from High School:
... but she always pretty much kept to herself and she didn't even speak with the teacher.

At this moment, the Adargas family is left to pray for the prompt return of their daughter. If you have a tip that could help with the location of this teenager, call the authorities. From Azusa, Kena Lara - Channel 62 News - Your city, your team.

Seeing as how tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of the discovery of this Jane Doe, I decided to run another screen.

This girl looks pretty close, and has not been brought up here.

Raylynn Diane Hernandez
http://www.nampn.org/cases/hernandez_raylynn.html

hernandez_raylynn.jpg
2184983040045078242S425x425Q85.jpg

Her nose is quite different, but given that the victim's face was mutilated, I doubt that the nose on the recon is very accurate.

Aside from the nose though, the facial dimensions are pretty close. And from what little you can see of her right earlobe, it appears to be of the drooped variety.

She went missing from San Bernadino (a couple of Fiesta Foods stores are located there), and she was last seen 11 days before the remains were found.

I say run with it...Raylynn's teeth or dentals would likely make for an easy rule in/out.

So the date she was reported was the date she actually disappeared? We went back and forth with LE on a possible match one time, but the perp was the husband who called her in missing a month after he killed her, so the UID actually ended up being the MP. If that makes any sense.

So the date she was reported was the date she actually disappeared? We went back and forth with LE on a possible match one time, but the perp was the husband who called her in missing a month after he killed her, so the UID actually ended up being the MP. If that makes any sense.

FWIW, I asked the Missing Persons detective at SBPD specifically whether it was the Date of Last Contact, and not the date the report was filed. She said that it was the DLC.

... FWIW.

Thank you C-I was not doubting you at all. We are only as good as the info out there...I know.

Is Barstow any where near where that wealthy guy crashed his plane??? Steve Fosset is who I am thinking of...

No, Steve Fosset crashed up by Walker Lake/Mineral County, NV. Barstow is in San Bernadino County, CA on the way to Las Vegas (if you are driving from Los Angeles or Orange County). Motorists (including myself at times) stop in Barstow to use the restroom or get gas for your car on the way to Las Vegas on Interstate 15.

I agree. I would not call Barstow / Lenwood exactly desolate as compared to the 100's of mile of empty desert. Barstow is a major cross road for truckers and folks traveling to/from Nevada on the 15 or East on the 40 ("the river"). And Lenwood Road is the #1 Barstow stop for food, gas and shopping.

IF you did not want a body / head found, there are many better places along the same road to BURY something. For example, the Zyzzx road to nowhere.

Maybe they were unable/unwilling to carry around the tools to bury someone (i.e. a shovel) -- that would look suspicious.

Deborah Adargas, 16, missing from Azusa, CA since 1/4/2010. Hispanic female, very little info available.

http://missingkids.com/missingkids/...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I'm having trouble getting the picture to load onto my computer so that I can post it, but does anyone else think it's a possibility?

2500278220045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
k4f6ly.jpg

She is from Azusa, which is in the general vicinity of where most of the Fiesta Foods stores are located. The timeline from DLC to discovery date is 37 days.

She appears to have broader cheekbones and broader jawline than Jane Doe IMO. Not that far off though. I'd say it's worth checking.

Deborah Adargas has been submitted. Welcome to the waiting game.

I got a message from Meaghan of Charley Project that Deborah Adargas has been located alive.

I think there is alot about April's story that would make sense-the only question I would have is where she has been for the last 6 years and the age...because the head was just a few days dead when found IIRC....

Yes, I agree. April Pitzer came to mind immediately when I saw this but she disappeared in 2004.

I am not 100% but isn't Barstow by a military base? This may be a case of a soliders child ? Just a thought.

I am not 100% but isn't Barstow by a military base? This may be a case of a soliders child ? Just a thought.

There's a Marine Corps Logistics base in Barstow, but I kinda doubt that this has anything to do with the base. It looks to me like someone from the area surrounding the border between LA County and San Bernadino County (as evidenced by the Fiesta Foods bag) who took her up I-15 to dump her body in the desert.

I just got done talking with him.

He did see my e-mails and thought that he had sent a reply, but apparently, he did not.

He tends to talk fast and he likes to chat. So I can't report everything that he said to me.

But in a nutshell: The gist of our conversation is as follows:

• They have received about 3,000 leads on this UID.
  • They have contacted Rialto PD for Dental Records on Noemi Pineda.
  • My tip was the first time Noemi Pineda came up on his radar.
  • He is not particularly interested in the argument for why a tipster's possible match is strong. He is interested in only 3 things; (fingerprints, dentals, or DNA), and he does look into all tips.
  • Don't rely too much on the facial reconstruction, as this UID's face was badly mutilated by the perp.
  • If LE would do what they are legally required to do (i.e., collect DNA, fingerprints, or dentals on any minor missing more than 30 days), there would not be a need for "bird dogs" (i.e., sleuthers like us).
  • The California DNA lab is no longer able to claim that CODIS does not have false negatives. A Ridgecrest CA case sat in CODIS for over a year without triggering a mtDNA hit. It was only after three family members had samples submitted that a CODIS feature called "Pedigree Tree" evaluated all three samples and triggered a hit on the UID.

This is OT but can you tell me what the ridgecrest case was? I have family that lives there & I have not heard of this... Just wondering

Thanks

I just found this which could be a possiable match:

Angela Rene Jaramillo
The NCMEC number: 1140148
Date LKA: January 23, 2010 - 14:32

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8526/271/

I don't know if anyone has posted it or not... It's a 16 yr old girl from the Dallas area, if she was a runaway it's not hard to hop in with a trucker...

I have also found two others that are similar.. I don't know if anyone has looked at either of these:
Aide Mendez:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mendez_aide.html

Shanta Minor:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8933/287/

Maybe these can help?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics